Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516 LastLast

Thread: Dorothy Stratten

She was only 20? She really did a lot with her life in such a short time. It's too bad that women feel they need a man to make their life complete. I just wish she had the time to get to know herself, instead of getting married, then getting another older boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    She was only 20? She really did a lot with her life in such a short time. It's too bad that women feel they need a man to make their life complete. I just wish she had the time to get to know herself, instead of getting married, then getting another older boyfriend.
    if you get more interested in Dorothys saga you will know better- its very interesting. Dorothy felt she owed it to Paul since Paul talked her into doing Playboy but thats just the start of it....

PS this brings a good point- Nicole B Simpson was certainly not the 1 case of domestic violence; Dorothy was in a tormented violent & semi-abusive relationship & marriage. If Paul went to trial he would have been found guilty of battering his wife-mentally
    Last edited by Tiffany; 02-17-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know I've mentioned this before, but the head of security where I used to work was the cop who 'solved' the case. I wasn't impressed, it was a murder/suicide, how hard could it have been to solve?

I know I've mentioned this before, but the head of security where I used to work was the cop who 'solved' the case. I wasn't impressed, it was a murder/suicide, how hard could it have been to solve?
    Oh that actually is kind of cool. Can you give us some insight?? Are, were you able to discuss it with him???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you look at Dorothy and compare her to the blow up doll females that seem popular today, its like night and day. She was naturally pretty and the chicks today are just sad.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Sometimes I wonder. If Dorothy stayed in Vancouver, maybe see would have married some blue collar guy, a firemen or a truck driver, and been much happier.
    Last edited by salvatore1989; 06-04-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Salvatore1989, and think how happy her blue-collar husband would have been!

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder. If Dorothy stayed in Vancouver, maybe see would have married some blue collar guy, a firemen or a truck driver, and been much happy.
    Yes she planned to study family law. Of course she would be happy with any other man too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes I wonder. If Dorothy stayed in Vancouver, maybe see would have married some blue collar guy, a firemen or a truck driver, and been much happy.
    I so agree, and also wonder that.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If she lived, I think she would have had a somewhat successful career in films, and television.

For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

I could imagine her in a "Dallas" type show. Eventually marrying well then ending up on "Real Housewives"...

Of course with her taste in men, she could have ended up with OJ!

I like how you put you're words about Dorothy, better than I
    ever could.

I just made a tribute video to Dorothy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kGn...ature=youtu.be

I made a point of not putting any pictures of her murderer in it.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

according to Max Baer Jr this was all Paul's idea so I think she would have divorced Paul, lived her short-famed life, then chosen to do something less public & a little more private & normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Paul was a cancerous tumor and a demented fuck. He has no legacy...just a shattered life of complete failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Paul was a cancerous tumor and a demented fuck. He has no legacy...just a shattered life of complete failure.
    Well said!!! Bravo.
    Minerva

So true.

Spot on !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

some just may even feel sorry for the guy- a drug addict, a drug seller in Canada and not even a good one, then here an a$$hole. I don't feel sorry but as Louise even said it was between Paul and Dorothy, Paul wanted her, she did not, took her life & took his own. No-one else was at fault. I just wish someone went with her that day as a witness or went with Dorothy to save her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Dumb blond...wants money and fame...meets controlling psychotic idiot...gets famous based on looks and asshole...cheats like a stupid fucking blond (with an aging Hollywood director who played her emotions)..gets blown to bits by controlling psychotic idiot. The End.

For me the take away is, if you are in a bad relationship and your significant other want to meet "one last time" to discuss anything, split up the coin collection, collect your things - whatever - take someone with you!

Quote Originally Posted by duffyman View Post
    For me the take away is, if you are in a bad relationship and your significant other want to meet "one last time" to discuss anything, split up the coin collection, collect your things - whatever - take someone with you!
    Exactly. Years ago I read an article about this very thing. Even if the spouse has never been violent, never tell him you're leaving; wait until he's not around and leave. And after, never meet him alone. because you never know how he will react to your decision. It may sound cowardly, but it's better than dead.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by duffyman View Post
    no doubt but she was so naieve. I am sure he was verbally abusive but even so never once did Dorothy think it would be so bad; I do wish she had someone there. Even Louise too(?) so they could run together out of the house
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Exactly. Years ago I read an article about this very thing. Even if the spouse has never been violent, never tell him you're leaving; wait until he's not around and leave. And after, never meet him alone. because you never know how he will react to your decision. It may sound cowardly, but it's better than dead.
    I waited until mine left for work and I moved to another state.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I waited until mine left for work and I moved to another state.
    Probably already posted this somewhere, but the July before we married, Nabo and I had trouble to the extent I laid plans to leave him. So I started downsizing my belongings so that I could move out as soon as he left for work. Fortunately, he started treating me better and I didn't need to move.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Probably already posted this somewhere, but the July before we married, Nabo and I had trouble to the extent I laid plans to leave him. So I started downsizing my belongings so that I could move out as soon as he left for work. Fortunately, he started treating me better and I didn't need to move.

Its really scary, isn't it? I had an infant and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I didn't want him to grow up thinking it was normal to treat a woman like that.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Its really scary, isn't it? I had an infant and that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I didn't want him to grow up thinking it was normal to treat a woman like that.
    It is. He never laid a hand on me the whole time we were together, but he did threaten me that night. And for several years after that I went around with my car keys in my pocket because was afraid he'd do it again. And he did many years later and my big mouth shouted "If you do that again I will move in with Sissy!" Yikes! But he just went back to bed and he never ever threaten me again. But, man, he had a wicked temper, and I shudder at what might have happened.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It is. He never laid a hand on me the whole time we were together, but he did threaten me that night. And for several years after that I went around with my car keys in my pocket because was afraid he'd do it again. And he did many years later and my big mouth shouted "If you do that again I will move in with Sissy!" Yikes! But he just went back to bed and he never ever threaten me again. But, man, he had a wicked temper, and I shudder at what might have happened.
    I'm so glad it didn't happen.
    Minerva

Her birthday is coming up, February 28.

I've just managed to get hold of the book Killing Of The Unicorn by Peter Bogdanovich. I read how they were both found and it seems to be one of the more graphic accounts than what is usually posted. I'm just a couple of pages into it but he puts a lot of the blame on her doing Playboy and Hefner, saying if she never got involved with them she would still be here.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I've just managed to get hold of the book Killing Of The Unicorn by Peter Bogdanovich. I read how they were both found and it seems to be one of the more graphic accounts than what is usually posted. I'm just a couple of pages into it but he puts a lot of the blame on her doing Playboy and Hefner, saying if she never got involved with them she would still be here.
    If she never met Paul Sinder, she might still be here.

She never would have met Bogdanovich if she hadn't been in Playboy, it was the catalyst for her leaving small town Canada.

Poor Dorothy died because she was married to a psychotic asshole who saw her as his ticket to the big time and was willing to kill her when she left him.

Bogdanovich lost all credibility once he started grooming her younger sister to be his wife. Ick.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

That's rich, considering that he first met her at The Playboy Mansion ! What she saw him I don't know. When he married the sister I thought that's creepy, she was 20 and he almost 50 !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

people don't seem to remember Louise was only 12 or 13 at the time & her family wasn't one to go to talk; of course she was older when they married so I don't see what the big deal is all that much. They shared one big tragedy together.

My original question was this: Is there anywhere I can see Dorothy's Playboy test photos that Paul hired the photographer Ken Honey (RIP) originally to send to Playboy for the 20th Anniversary???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He also would never have met her. The real shame is that she decided to see him 'one last time' to give him the guilt-cash.

He also would never have met her. The real shame is that she decided to see him 'one last time' to give him the guilt-cash.
    Exactly
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have the book and have read it a few times. Peter is just as much to blame for what happened my opinion. He met Dorothy at the playboy mansion and blames everyone but himself. Dorothy had 3 men in her life trying to control her.....Paul, Peter and Hugh Hefner.

Okay but Dorothy can make her own decisions too. Hey I am a fan, but if she wanted out, did Dorothy not feel like she could say something to anyone? Esp Paul .??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Okay but Dorothy can make her own decisions too. Hey I am a fan, but if she wanted out, did Dorothy not feel like she could say something to anyone? Esp Paul .??
    That's what I think, Tiff. Also, she was going to get tired of Paul's crazy whatever profession she was in and leave him. And he was going to kill her. He was nuts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The biggest problem in my opinion was that she tried to be too nice. She was better off to let lawyers do the communication.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    The biggest problem in my opinion was that she tried to be too nice. She was better off to let lawyers do the communication.
    She should never have gone to meet him, that's for sure.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

musicfanatic Guest
    My exboyfriend used to collect Playboy (no idea if he still does as I haven't seen him in years) and he had three Playboys she was in: the 25th, her month and when she was named Playmate of the year. The 25th is interesting because she wasn't chosen but is in the photos as just another girl who auditioned, along with many who never made Playboy except that time. I saw Star 80 and she seemed so brainwashed by Paul. People sometimes blame Hefner but to me he was just doing his job and felt she was good Playmate material. I read somewhere that Hefner hated him and wouldn't let him inside the mansion after awhile.

Her movie "Galaxina" is on Comet TV tonight.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post

Nice photos, thank you.

I heard that the Dairy Queen on Hastings Avenue, where Dorothy Stratten once worked, has closed down. They went out of business last summer. I don't have the link to post. That is also the Dairy Queen where Star 80 was filmed. I was reading some of reviews about the place on the internet, I guess it wasn't well kept up. The building is to be torn down and replaced with low income housing. Sad ending for a unappreciated land mark of Vancouver.

I heard that the Dairy Queen on Hastings Avenue, where Dorothy Stratten once worked, has closed down. They went out of business last summer. I don't have the link to post. That is also the Dairy Queen where Star 80 was filmed. I was reading some of reviews about the place on the internet, I guess it wasn't well kept up. The building is to be torn down and replaced with low income housing. Sad ending for a unappreciated land mark of Vancouver.
    Thank You for saying this, for people like me who are such a
    fan so good to know.

Just saw a item from an entertainment lawyer on a Blind Gossip site that claims Paul wasn't the one who killed Dorothy. This is a reliable site 80/90 per cent of the time. Whether this particular item is true is anyone's guess but I figured I'd put it up to see what people who know more about the case think.

The Wrong Guy: This is about a murder. A very high profile Hollywood murder. Even though, the wrong guy has, up to this day, been the wrong guy attached to the killing, he was an awful human being. A rapist, child molester, drug dealer, woman beating a-hole. Still though, a guy got away with the murder and then was murdered himself later in life when he was going to spill the secret in a plea deal. The murder I'm talking about has been discussed in every possible media format since almost the day it happened up to the present day. From almost the very beginning of the case, the people in charge of running it knew exactly who the killer was. The problem is that one of the investigators was closeted. At that time, there were very very few, if any openly gay detectives and if he came out or word got out he was gay, he would be fired or forced to quit. The problem he faced was he was having a sexual relationship with a male employee of the killer so the killer had a lot of leverage. A lot. The detective's partner was able to be swayed by an employer of one of the deceased. That employer offered him his choice of woman from a group of about 20 women for an entire year and introduced them all to him at a party thrown at the employer's house. Done and done. It was no problem to blame it on a different person because that different person wasn't around to dispute it. Fast forward a decade or so. Our killer, who had multiple killings in his past, was facing serious jail time. He was also facing financial ruin. He knew if he was going to get out of jail or have a much shorter sentence he was going to have to trade something really good. How about a pair of detectives and the A+ lister who had offered up the woman. Word got to the detectives about it and the next thing you know, some guards at the jail killed the killer and tried to make it look like a suicide. They didn't do a good job, but no one was all that interested in looking too hard at it.
    Hollywood murder: Dorothy Stratten
    Wrong guy: Paul Snider

Killer: Somen Banerjee (co-founder of "Chippendales")
    A+ list celebrity: Hugh Hefner

Very interesting ! This Banerjee was convicted for contracting the murder of his business partner, Nick De Noia in 1987. Sounds like it could be possible he had Paul killed, and Dorothy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's very possible. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0210592/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 03-07-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Very interesting ! This Banerjee was convicted for contracting the murder of his business partner, Nick De Noia in 1987. Sounds like it could be possible he had Paul killed, and Dorothy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's very possible. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0210592/b..._=nm_ov_bio_sm
    Maybe, but Dorothy's murder sounds more like a crime of passion that collateral damage. However, the killer could have staged the scene to look like a crazed Paul did it.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-07-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That could very well be the case, it makes you wonder.