Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2398

Thread: Former President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    President Obama has been the best president, with so many wonderful accomplishments, they should have a TV special just about that.
    I'll bite: what were all these wonderful accomplishments?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    I'll bite: what were all these wonderful accomplishments?
    Well, his AHCA drove us to bankruptcy. We go to court the 24th to finish it up. My Wife's insurance is $500 a month.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Well, his AHCA drove us to bankruptcy. We go to court the 24th to finish it up. My Wife's insurance is $500 a month.
    I'm sorry.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I TMI'd on that post. Sorry. It's a clusterfuck, when you call for info and help. Get a diff answer every time. It went from 104.00 to 498.00.

I TMI'd on that post. Sorry. It's a clusterfuck, when you call for info and help. Get a diff answer every time. It went from 104.00 to 498.00.
    His fucking policies have drained many people's accounts. I'm talking about people, who for all of their adult lives have taken care of themselves, worked full time and had their own medical insurance. Now because that mofo thinks that we should pay for everyone to have coverage a prescription that once cost me $30 is costing $300. Our medical insurance premiums have got up, our deductibles have gone up. There are doctors that won't even accept some insurance companies any more. Every single thing is fucked up because that idiot mofo wanted to go down in history as the president who gave everyone health care. Well look how good he's done. The people who have always done the right thing are going bankrupt and not everyone has health care. He's a worthless piece of shit who honestly doesn't give a shit about anyone who isn't in his own household.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    His fucking policies have drained many people's accounts. I'm talking about people, who for all of their adult lives have taken care of themselves, worked full time and had their own medical insurance. Now because that mofo thinks that we should pay for everyone to have coverage a prescription that once cost me $30 is costing $300. Our medical insurance premiums have got up, our deductibles have gone up. There are doctors that won't even accept some insurance companies any more. Every single thing is fucked up because that idiot mofo wanted to go down in history as the president who gave everyone health care. Well look how good he's done. The people who have always done the right thing are going bankrupt and not everyone has health care. He's a worthless piece of shit who honestly doesn't give a shit about anyone who isn't in his own household.
    The problem with this jackass is that he believes he's the smartest guy in the room not realizing that part of being the smartest guy is knowing when you are not. If you look back at my posts years ago I said that Obamacare would drive up costs, benefits would go down and doctors would become less accessible. Exactly what happened as if I had a crystal ball. Makes me look like a genius except I'm not. I just know the industry and I can also account for human behavior BUT, no one asked me. Take this attitude of his towards this one thing and you can extrapolate it to understand a myriad of his decisions and policies.

Another example popped up today. The official position of the Obama administration on transgender's and bathrooms in school is that any bathroom must be accessible to anyone based on what sex they identify with regardless of actual gender. Obama thinks he's the pioneer of ultimate equality and lack of discrimination but in reality he is the pioneer for giving those with bad intentions easier access to violate our daughters, sisters and wives.

So if I want to protect my 8 year old daughter from some sex pervert I have to put her in private school which is what I guess I'll have to do. Millions with the ability to do so will follow suit. Lower public enrollment leads to less funding which means less public schools and higher taxes. How do you like that Shipmate? You've complained in the past about paying for rugrats to go to school when you have no kids of your own. Get ready to pay more.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/12/politi...dministration/
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Yep Pauli, the "smartest guy in the room" doesn't seem to understand the ramifications for this ridiculous policies, which thank God, Trump will undo once he's in office.
    Minerva

And now there is this.......

Obamacare Sticker Shocks: Price Hikes are on the Way
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/healt...Q8N?li=BBnb7Kz

I like this quote from the article:

"With these heavy rate increases, the problem is the people who are going to say for a $695 penalty, to heck with it," Hickey explained. "The healthy abandon insurance, and what you're left with is the sick, and you can never raise your rates high enough."

I remember pointing this out about 7 years ago as well.

I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Obama will be on Anthony Bourdain Part Unknown

Are we paying him to be on reality TV?......just curious
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

so hes moving, staying in DC I was hoping the Ovomit family would move at least out of the East Coast.....its a 9 bedroom place. Why they need 9 bedrooms is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess they need 9 bedrooms so all the rappers that have been coming to the White House have a room to sleep in.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I guess they need 9 bedrooms so all the rappers that have been coming to the White House have a room to sleep in.

I saw a funny video looked like Key and Peele when Obama greets black people, he acts all ghetto as can be and unprofessional lol
    Last edited by Tiffany; 05-26-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I saw a funny video looked like Key and Peele when Obama greets black people, he acts all ghetto as can be and unprofessional lol
    Yep he takes his "ghetto" out. I can't wait until he's out of the White House.
    Minerva

Here's an article about why Obama views a public health plan as viable option moving forward that should be examined. I'll leave it at that and let you read for yourself. The line in the article I want to point out demonstrates how embarrassingly out of touch he is and how stupid he thinks you are.

"Public programs like Medicare often deliver care more cost-effectively by curtailing administrative overhead and securing better prices from providers"

First, "curtailing administrative overhead", seriously? The most overhead intensive organization in the country is the government and Medicare is at the top of that even. Last year 60 million was lost to Medicare fraud alone.
    "securing better prices from providers", the only "better pricing" they can get is off of the medicare advantage plans and no doctor is required to take them. Because of the "better pricing" providers are opting out in droves.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/healt...nB5?li=BBnbfcL
    --McCourt

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_oben0gG8zz1qewacoo1_540.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	53910  

Transfer From Gitmo a Priority

Obama has made it a priority to transfer Gitmo detainees back to the middle east before leaving office even though earlier transfers have made their way back to the battlefield and even have taken up leadership roles with Al-Queda and other groups.

I need a BO supporter to explain to me why he would do this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Americans.html
    --McCourt

My employer pays my insurance premiums, all $75 per month of them.

Obama commutes death sentence for this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_J._Loving

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Obama commutes death sentence for this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_J._Loving
    That would suck to be mentally and spiritually okay with being executed only to be commuted to life in prison.

I'd be begging for the lethal injection right now.

ScottKidman Guest
    Best president of US ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKidman View Post
    Best president of US ever.
    By what measure?
    --McCourt

I wouldn't say he was the best president ever, but his class beats the heck out of the dirty bird going into office today.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I wouldn't say he was the best president ever, but his class beats the heck out of the dirty bird going into office today.

Can we change this title to Former President Obama? His status has changed so doesn't the title of the thread change?

Would it change to just Barack Obama?
    Going by the other titles for former Presidents Clinton, Bush, Kennedy, etc.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

New book says young Obama 'considered gayness'. The author is not some nut but a respected biographer

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/26/ne...yness-amazon1/

Obama was extremely unpopular among the racists. Everybody else thought he was awesome. Well, to be fair there were some retarded people who were none too fond of him.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Obama was extremely unpopular among the racists. Everybody else thought he was awesome. Well, to be fair there were some retarded people who were none too fond of him.
    As a conservative I was none too fond of him; I think in part because as a conservative I was supposed to be none to fond of him.

Once I got past the "party-line thinking" and realized that he wasn't trying to destroy the country; once I started opening my eyes rather than jerking my knee; my opinion became more favorable.

I wish we could have four or eight more years of him rather than another month of what we have today.
    I think that some conservatives support Trump because he's supposed to be a conservative and they're supposed to support the conservative. I don't think that he is a conservative - he's just masquerading in order to gain support.

I have a feeling that history will look favorably upon Obama.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Once I got past the "party-line thinking" and realized that he wasn't trying to destroy the country;
    You have made quite the transition I must say, You went from what was popular with the party, to what's popular here. I never thought Obama wanted to destroy the country either. He did what he thought was best domestically and globally. The only problem was that he was wrong and surrounded himself with people that were too frightened to say anything. He wanted to pull back America from this idea that we were exceptional when compared to other countries. He felt we were no better than anyone else and made decisions based on that. Well of course we're exceptional. If we weren't, we wouldn't be the #1 immigrant destination in the world at 45.8 million annually. #2 isn't even close with 11 million going to Russia.

It is human nature to want to stay where you were born. Your family is there, your history is there etc...

As for Trump, I've given up defending him because I won't convince anyone of anything. I just get frustrated and leave for days on end. Not what I had in mind when I signed up years ago.
    --McCourt

And Trump is pulling us down to #10-. I have read too many posts from around the world that said "Poor America!" It makes me steaming mad.

We are entitled to our own opinions here at FAD, and welcome to change our minds, but, Pauli, this forum does not rotate around any one member's personal expectations. You have 1 yellow card and 12 red cards. Bye.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-01-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    You have made quite the transition I must say, You went from what was popular with the party, to what's popular here. I never thought Obama wanted to destroy the country either. He did what he thought was best domestically and globally. The only problem was that he was wrong and surrounded himself with people that were too frightened to say anything. He wanted to pull back America from this idea that we were exceptional when compared to other countries. He felt we were no better than anyone else and made decisions based on that. Well of course we're exceptional. If we weren't, we wouldn't be the #1 immigrant destination in the world at 45.8 million annually. #2 isn't even close with 11 million going to Russia.

It is human nature to want to stay where you were born. Your family is there, your history is there etc...

As for Trump, I've given up defending him because I won't convince anyone of anything. I just get frustrated and leave for days on end. Not what I had in mind when I signed up years ago.
    I've never cared what was popular with the party or popular here; that's not a factor.

I immediately rejected many things proposed by Obama, his predecessors and any "liberal' - I wouldn't even think it through because if "they" thought it was a good idea then I knew it was a bad one.

Nothing could ever entice me to give the slightest consideration to any liberal proposition or any liberal candidate until my party whored themselves out and offered us Trump.

Talk about surrounding yourself with the wrong people; holy crap is this guy ever on a roll with putting the foxes in charge of the henhouses.

But they aren't afraid; got to give them that. They aren't afraid to run head long into (IMO) bad ideas and bad actions; they aren't afraid to lie when the truth doesn't support or suit them and they aren't afraid of the cost to others both present and future that their actions today might incur.

Yeah; I have made quite a transition.
    Amazing what can happen when you start thinking things through.

Out of curiosity, what would your health insurance cost if you had to pay it out of pocket? Most employers pick up a large percentage of the premium leaving the employee to pay the rest out of their paycheck. My out of pocket amount went up almost $100 per check this time around and my deductibles are really high.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Nothing could ever entice me to give the slightest consideration to any liberal proposition or any liberal candidate until my party whored themselves out and offered us Trump.
    They didn't whore themselves out; he won the primary as they watched on with dismay and maybe even horror. They had to live with the result, short of tearing up the rules and ignoring the results.

Perhaps the rules of GOP primaries can be changed, especially with regards to winner-take-all.

When I saw this thread had been bumped, I decided to look at some of the posts. It's kind of crazy to look at these criticisms of Obama now. Even if they were 100% legit, it's less than the shit Bonespur tries to pull in a week.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

When I saw this thread had been bumped, I decided to look at some of the posts. It's kind of crazy to look at these criticisms of Obama now. Even if they were 100% legit, it's less than the shit Bonespur tries to pull in a week.
    My thought exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yep Obama better President than Trump will ever be, and a much better human being, at least the Obama's have class and dignity, Lord Damp Nut has to look up the meaning of the word class.

SPAM
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.

If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he was going to be, there would have not been a President Trump.

I supported the vast majority of things that Candidate Obama campaigned on. I supported very little President Obama actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yep Obama better President than Trump will ever be, and a much better human being, at least the Obama's have class and dignity, Lord Damp Nut has to look up the meaning of the word class.
    He knows the meaning of "class" - it's a social categorization based upon whether or not you're better than other people and thus have more worth and more worthy wants and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    If President Obama had been the person Candidate Obama said he was going to be, there would have not been a President Trump.

I supported the vast majority of things that Candidate Obama campaigned on. I supported very little President Obama actually did.
    He isn't retarded.
    He isn't socially, ethically or emotionally bankrupt or bent.
    He isn't Trump; so I have grown to admire him in many ways.

I didn't support him as a candidate or as the President.
    I thought almost anybody had to be better than a liberal like him.
    Damn was I ever wrong.
    Last edited by JimC; 03-21-2018 at 06:32 PM.

"He isn't Trump" is setting the bar very low.

P.S. Obama was NOT a liberal. Simply being a (D) does not make you a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    "He isn't Trump" is setting the bar very low.

P.S. Obama was NOT a liberal. Simply being a (D) does not make you a liberal.
    He's about as liberal as you can be and have an actual shot of being elected President.

I consider myself a liberal as well as a pragmatist. The only reason we HAVE Bonsepur to complain about is because "high-minded" liberals refused to hold their noses and vote for HRC.

A refusal to vote for the lesser of two evils in this case amounted to a vote for the greater of two evils.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

He's about as liberal as you can be and have an actual shot of being elected President.

I consider myself a liberal as well as a pragmatist. The only reason we HAVE Bonsepur to complain about is because "high-minded" liberals refused to hold their noses and vote for HRC.

A refusal to vote for the lesser of two evils in this case amounted to a vote for the greater of two evils.
    Word
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'll give you the "better person and class and dignity" part but am I the only one who saw an increase in his paycheck after the Trump tax reform took effect? Obama only cost me money.
    --McCourt

If Obama wasn't as popular or doing any good as people say he was, then why did he get voted for again and ran another four years, the only reason why we got that dumb ass in office, who, by the way, hasn't kept any of the promises he made, is because a president can only serve two terms. Yeah let's talk about that tax reform shall we, while people are getting big tax cuts, the rich, places are shutting down, jobs going over seas, people being out of a job, He wants to build a wall that is going to cost millions if not billions of dollars, he wants to cut funding to medicare and medicaid, as well as heating assistance, funding for the arts, cutting out student loan programs, and programs that will help students get money for college, also do you really know what the definition of liberal means? I doubt Trump will be voted back into office, many people that voted for him are now coming out saying they regret it.

If Obama wasn't as popular or doing any good as people say he was, then why did he get voted for again and ran another four years, the only reason why we got that dumb ass in office, who, by the way, hasn't kept any of the promises he made, is because a president can only serve two terms. Yeah let's talk about that tax reform shall we, while people are getting big tax cuts, the rich, places are shutting down, jobs going over seas, people being out of a job, He wants to build a wall that is going to cost millions if not billions of dollars, he wants to cut funding to medicare and medicaid, as well as heating assistance, funding for the arts, cutting out student loan programs, and programs that will help students get money for college, also do you really know what the definition of liberal means? I doubt Trump will be voted back into office, many people that voted for him are now coming out saying they regret it.
    I literally disagree with everything in this post. Many more than the rich have been helped by the tax cut which was something promised, and accomplished which negates your first sentence. I make just over 100K a year which in CA barely is middle class.
    --McCourt

What about people on SS? I always got a decent--for the government--COL raise. This year I got a whopping $5 per month. Aaaaand my prescription drugs went up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Pauli, if they have I haven't seen it, prescriptions going up, I am disability and he is talking about cutting that and social security, as he feels it's entitlement, see it won't affect you, Pauli as you work and such but people like me, who cannot work, and paid into the system, worry everyday if their money is going to get cut, we barely make enough to live on,thank Goddess my husband has always had a good job and income, right now he isn't working, but at least we have enough to keep afloat for awhile, while other people, who are out of work, don't, so how is this tax break and anything Trump wants to do is going to help people like me and many others, who rely on assistance, most people have to choose between, food and medication or food, medication and heat, if Trump cuts funding to those programs, many people are screwed.

Not voting for a war monger that sold out to Wall Street is not a difficult choice to make. I'll make it again if need be.

Bernie would have won. Voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil.