Thread: Scott's Edith Head Experience

newsocks Guest

Scott's Edith Head Experience

i dont know if there is already a thread about this. if so, i apologize. scoot me where need be.

but! what do we think of this little audio video he shared with us on the main page?
    i know scott is a little skeptical about such things, so for him to share this with us is kind of a big deal i think.

thoughts?

EVP's freak me out. On another note, Welcome back Newsocks! I haven't 'seen' you in ages! This board is starting to get interesting again with all the old members coming back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GravesEnd Guest
    I'm very much a believer in EVPs. I think it is one of the most credible pieces of evidence we have on ghosts, more so than photography. I have heard some incredible EVPs over the years. I think he definitely caught something, and it does sound like 'yes'.

Some people hear it as "hey" but either way, it's so close to the mic - it was pretty wild.

aLiLdirt Guest
    I didn't expect to hear anything remotely clear at all. Needless to say, the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I was completely creeped out when I heard the 'yes.'
    Fabu...
    Since I dabble in costuming a bit more these days, the Edith Head EVP is of particular interest to me.
    Thank you so very much for sharing it, Scott!
    Last edited by aLiLdirt; 12-04-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: double tasking error. typed 'hey' instead of 'yes!'

jaylene Guest
    I thought it was awesome. EVP's creep me out to but I still
    listen to them. I know our fearless leader wouldn't make up
    something like that. Some of the ghost shows I question tho.

7. 12-04-2010, 04:25 PM

I heard "Yes", and it was really cool and creepy.

Scott's voice was rather muted, but the "Yes" was quite clear; so it was not somebody hiding a few feet away that he could not see.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

jeca Guest
    That's very cool! I heard "yes", too, very clearly.

Seagorath Guest
    Thumbs up.

I hear "hey" quite clearly. Scott, how far were you from the recorder? I sounds like the evp was closer to the mic than you.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 12-05-2010 at 02:39 AM.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I heard "Yes", and it was really cool and creepy.

Scott's voice was rather muted, but the "Yes" was quite clear; so it was not somebody hiding a few feet away that he could not see.

It was definitely female. I love this kind of stuff; scares the crap outta me.

I totally believe in EVPs. My cousin, who I respect a lot and is definitely not goofy, belongs to a paranormal group. He is in charge of the audio portion when they go ghost hunting (once a month, I think). He has told me of experiences that are pretty wild. He also has a couple of pictures he has taken that show very odd shadows, orbs, and/or faint outlines of human figures in them that are unexplained.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

I thought it was amazing. I can imagine her keeping an eye on her work! The fact that the voice was so clear was the big surprise! Any chance of a return visit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reecy Guest
    I do believe in things like this. I have gone into rooms and seen ghosts and stuff so....

This is what I heard...

Scott - Edith Head are you here?

Female voice says - HEAD

What do you all think?

I love Edith Head and I loved her fashions and clothing I was so saddened to hear that she died by plunging out of a window.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I totally believe in EVPs. My cousin, who I respect a lot and is definitely not goofy, belongs to a paranormal group. He is in charge of the audio portion when they go ghost hunting (once a month, I think). He has told me of experiences that are pretty wild. He also has a couple of pictures he has taken that show very odd shadows, orbs, and/or faint outlines of human figures in them that are unexplained.

Cool - would love to see some of his photos!

Scott, it is what we call in the business "class A"!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

havoc Guest
    Great EVP!

To me, it sounds like a female voice possibly saying "que".

ok so where is this? I tried search but didnt find anything thanx

ok nm, duh, i found it sheesh

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I do believe in things like this. I have gone into rooms and seen ghosts and stuff so....

This is what I heard...

Scott - Edith Head are you here?

Female voice says - HEAD

What do you all think?

I love Edith Head and I loved her fashions and clothing I was so saddened to hear that she died by plunging out of a window.
    I never knew that. I heard she died from a bone marrow disease.

ok wow. just listened to it. now I don't believe in ghosts and stuff, but hey, that was pretty creepy lol

newsocks Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    EVP's freak me out. On another note, Welcome back Newsocks! I haven't 'seen' you in ages! This board is starting to get interesting again with all the old members coming back!
    HI!
    yeah i was little MIA. i moved and didnt have a computer for awhile and now i am back yay!

in regards to the EVP.... it was totally a surprise. i myself believe as scott does. i believe but am skeptical to what is and what isn't.
    i turned up my volume and listened really closely, thinking it would be a faint sound and was really surprised just how close the sound was.

my friend/exboyfriends sister passed away in march from brain cancer/tumor. we would always talk about mediums and communicating with the ones that have passed away. she always promised her mom that if she could communicate after she passed, she would. her mom talked to a recomended medium in another state and some really clear things came through that seemed to specific to not be really her.
    (that is a whole other thread though. i am getting off topic)

maybe we should have a thread topic for paranormal? i know that is not the completely associated with FAD but it isn't far off. just a thought

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I never knew that. I heard she died from a bone marrow disease.
    Maybe I could be wrong but I recently read about one of the older fashion designers who plunged out a window. I thought it was Edith. Maybe someone here could lighten us?

Maybe I could be wrong but I recently read about one of the older fashion designers who plunged out a window. I thought it was Edith. Maybe someone here could lighten us?
    According to Wikipedia, she died of Bone Marrow disease. You can read more about her at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Head.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

I think you are thinking of Irene Lentz. She did "Gaslight" *drool*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irene_Lentz

Reecy Guest
    I found it. It's the fashion designer

IRENE

Here's a picture of her. Why did I think it was Edith Head? Do these 2 look alike?

& a picture of Edith Head.

So IRENE jumped to her death (left photo)

& Edith Head died of Bone Marrow disease. (right photo)

Thanks Dulcinea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	irene.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	29290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edith head.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	29291  
    Last edited by Reecy; 12-06-2010 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post

maybe we should have a thread topic for paranormal? i know that is not the completely associated with FAD but it isn't far off. just a thought
    We have some

General paranormal stuff: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295

EVPs: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...highlight=evps

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I hear "hey" quite clearly. Scott, how far were you from the recorder? I sounds like the evp was closer to the mic than you.
    Yeah, that's what I heard when I came across it on the main page too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    So handy! There's so much conflicting info out there about stars too, that I use it as my go-to guide for everything from star's proper name spelling to correct (and fun!) details about their lives and deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Derp! I knew I knew the story she was talking about and couldn't remember WHERE I heard it, so I just googled "Costume Designer Suicide", lol.

I dye my hair, but I'm pretty sure the original color WASN'T blonde. ...pretty sure...

I love watching Ghost Hunters on SYFY channel. How cool would it be if Scott and the team reinvestigated the old Paramont Studios? The short EVP session does sound interesting.

I remember as a kid trying to summon my dead relatives and it worked (I think). Now that I'm a skeptical grownup I haven't really tried it, but I've heard of other situations where dead people have come through on audio players... I think I may try it out and see who might be hanging around me. I thought this was a cool clip Scott posted and given the fact he seems a pretty reliable source with all things dead, I lean more towards the "this thing is legit" camp.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    I heard it and I believe it. One thought though - she must've really loved her job...I can't imagine hanging out at my place of employment when I die.

Truth be told, I don't want to be there now that I'm getting paid.

I think what happens is these people don't realize they are dead and they wander around where they feel they have a job to do. I saw a similar thing the other night where ghosts that were killed in battle are still spotted where the battle occurred and they are still in full uniform as if they are protecting their territory or whatever they were doing right before they died. I guess with that being said, I want to be killed having sex.

Paige B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Definitely creepy, I like to think it was real
    Vlad?? Vlady?? Is it YOU?????

newsocks Guest
    [quote=SomeChick;1085409]We have some

General paranormal stuff: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295

EVPs: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...highlight=evps

oh thank you

Anytime, Socks.

DeadRinger Guest
    I would like to read Edith's story on FAD - fascinating stuff! Do you think you could oblige, Scott?

Bbeelzebub Guest
    If anybody in LA is in the mood for some Head.... http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp...129/edith-head

No, not that. There is a play where the actress creates An Evening with Edith type of experience. Supposedly it's pretty good.

Ha, great post Bbeelz!
    Okay, I gotta hear this for myself... another Friday night on FAD ::sigh:: [crankin' it up]
    (I was gonna be all whiny like "Alone on a Friday night" but after reading this I'm thinking, "Or am I?" )
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 11-11-2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: closed paren (ocd much?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)