Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: West Memphis Murders

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I have to say, that I appreciate your calm and collective manner in this subject. Its hard to not get heated and passionate about something like the murder of three children. I am with you, either side of the fence, we just want the truth, and for it to be solid without a doubt proof.
    thanks, really i mean that~ this is a case close to my heart~ my son is now 8 & i think of these boys alot~ i have also discussed it w/ my son & i know that might not be popular w/ some, but in this day & age, i think it is better to talk about things, than sugar coat them~ i have watched the docu's over & over & they are supporter sided, but i still have watched them, i actually own them~ i wanted to think the 3 are innocent, who would want to believe evil can be bred so young? & also being a stevie nicks fan who wears black & dresses gypsy like & have been accused of being a witch because of loving stevie i related to these boys~ but my gut along w/ all the stuff i have read & seen over the past 14 years makes me believe in their guilt~

So what's the word on their death sentences? Being upheld - or going thru as planned? I know Damien is up first?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    So what's the word on their death sentences? Being upheld - or going thru as planned? I know Damien is up first?
    damien is the only one on death row, the others got life & life plus 40 years~ the defense recently had submitted a writ for consideration, but the court said it will take months to look at & respond~ i have read it & there is really nothing new, now the defense is saying that the wounds were made by animals post-mortem~ i have seen the autopsy photos & they are clearly too clean to be from animals or turtles as the defense is now saying~ the people who live in the communtity said there were no turtles in that area & the boys were submerged in water, are we to believe that a turtle or other animal removed the boys from the water & wounded them & then put them back in the water?
    also a hair in the binding is consistant, not exactly the same but consistant w/ another stepfather, but that is secondary transfer, the boys always played at his house, it is not inconceivable that a hair from him could be at the crime scene~ on the prosecutions side, there were 2 fibers that were consistant w/ clothing found at damien's & jason's house~ they came from clothes their family wore not them themselves~ secondary transfer also, but less likely as common since the 3 small boys were not known to be in the homes of damien or jason~

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    thanks, really i mean that~ this is a case close to my heart~ my son is now 8 & i think of these boys alot~ i have also discussed it w/ my son & i know that might not be popular w/ some, but in this day & age, i think it is better to talk about things, than sugar coat them~ i have watched the docu's over & over & they are supporter sided, but i still have watched them, i actually own them~ i wanted to think the 3 are innocent, who would want to believe evil can be bred so young? & also being a stevie nicks fan who wears black & dresses gypsy like & have been accused of being a witch because of loving stevie i related to these boys~ but my gut along w/ all the stuff i have read & seen over the past 14 years makes me believe in their guilt~
    THANK YOU so much for posting on this thread and providing the links (still reading) and knowlegable input! Just by going off of info from the documentaries I was inclined to think the wrong 3 were locked away while Mark Byers was guilty. Now I am more inclined to think the opposite. Though Mark Byers is eccentric and given to rage and hamming it up extensively for the camera. Did you also get the impression (especially in the 2nd video) that Damien has a sort of cult like following with the members of the "Free the West Memphis 3" group...sort of creepy and Mansonesque.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Did you also get the impression (especially in the 2nd video) that Damien has a sort of cult like following with the members of the "Free the West Memphis 3" group...sort of creepy and Mansonesque.
    Hell, I'm a supporter and I get that impression. That's why I'm not involved in any of the groups anymore. Nobody could say a bad thing about Damien without people having a hissy fit. Not to mention, I got sick of the girls going on and on about how hot he is. That's not why I was there. It's not about looks, it's about a fair trial. If at the end of a fair trial, they are found guilty again, I'll STFU. But, I digress, Damien has his groupies. It makes me sick and I think he's innocent. I can imagine how it makes those who think he's guilty feel. Just please remember, not all of the die hard supporters are that way.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    Hell, I'm a supporter and I get that impression. That's why I'm not involved in any of the groups anymore. Nobody could say a bad thing about Damien without people having a hissy fit. Not to mention, I got sick of the girls going on and on about how hot he is. That's not why I was there. It's not about looks, it's about a fair trial. If at the end of a fair trial, they are found guilty again, I'll STFU. But, I digress, Damien has his groupies. It makes me sick and I think he's innocent. I can imagine how it makes those who think he's guilty feel. Just please remember, not all of the die hard supporters are that way.
    That was totally what it seemed like. Which sort of makes the whole thing seem totally biased. They seemed to hang on Damien's every word. In fact the whole movement seemed to revolve around Damien and not the "3".

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Yep, yep. To some people, it very much is "Damien's fight" not Damien, Jessie and Jason's fight. Some of them do hang on everything he says and that disturbs me.

The whole movement isn't that way, it seems that way no doubt. But, there are people who realize there are 6 victims here. Three little boys who died horribly and three young men who deserve another trial. We just don't jump up and down the way the Damien groupies do.

GODDESS6 Guest
    THANK YOU so much for posting on this thread and providing the links (still reading) and knowlegable input! Just by going off of info from the documentaries I was inclined to think the wrong 3 were locked away while Mark Byers was guilty. Now I am more inclined to think the opposite. Though Mark Byers is eccentric and given to rage and hamming it up extensively for the camera. Did you also get the impression (especially in the 2nd video) that Damien has a sort of cult like following with the members of the "Free the West Memphis 3" group...sort of creepy and Mansonesque.
    sad to say but they are & they are real mean to us nons, who allow them to post on our board & give their side w/ out cruelty, but if you go to their boards & even ask a non related question you get banned for life, trust me this happened to me after 1 question~
    john mark byers has been on the news alot lately, maybe you can catch him & up until a month or so ago was also a non, but the heat from the supporters was always towards him & now that the supporters are going after someone else, he is now a reborn supporter, most say because now the supporter heat is off of him, they are praising him & showering him w/ money & material things & the nons are still supporting him~ you wouldn't believe how much the nons have given to him in support, gifts & donations~ & he has turned on us horribly~ but we are fine w/ whatever decision he has made, who are we to judge, we have not walked a day in his or the other parents shoes~
    it's just when now confronted he cannot back up his allegations~ he even secretly taped a phone converstion recently between him & the other step-father terry hobbs trying to get him to say something incriminating, but it didn't go as planned & john mark byers was saying the opposite~ then mysteriously his new wife released the convo & it was posted on both non & suporter sites~ it says nothing but a normal conversation between then friends~ todd moore the father of little michael moore is on our board along w/ his now ex wife dana & john mark byers, also pam hobbs the mother of stevie branch & his younger sister who is now 18~ they have alot of good insight & are some of the kindest people~ they were also presented w/ the evidence in the newly released writ & didn't believe a word of it~ & pam hobbs admitted that her allegations against her ex terry were also not right, that's they had had a very rocky marriage & she was feeling vindictive at the time~
    there is alot out there on the case & tho i do respect the supporters for their passion, we just don't agree~
    i also have to say for anyone who hasn't read any of the documents yet, that damiens mental health record scares me alone, he was repeorted & seen sucking blood from another patients wound while in the hospital, threaten to eat his natural father alive, threatened the feeling of darkness & violence & 1 of the most disturbing things was the testimony of his former girlfriend deanna holcomb, she was not the one in the documentaries w/ the red hair & had his son seth~ she was his girlfriend before that~ he was basically obsessed w/ her & she too dabbled in the occult, but didn't take it seriously~ she testified, that her parents had him charged w/ some type of criminal misconduct for having sex w/ her when she was just 15 & he wanted her to get pregnant hoping it would be a girl, so he could sacrifice the baby~ now i know this sounds far-fetched, but it is in the trial transcript & his medical mental health records~
    has anyone read damien's book "almost home", barely does he touch on his innocence or even protest it~ he mostly talks of how poor he was, how they had no heat or A/C~ they lived off of welfare & had medicaid & how fat his mom & others were around him~ that he was an outcast &what type of music that he liked~ he says he never loved domini, his girlfriend & mother of his son in the docu's & calls his mom & family white trash~ it is very shallow & written very child-like~

GODDESS6 Guest
    That was totally what it seemed like. Which sort of makes the whole thing seem totally biased. They seemed to hang on Damien's every word. In fact the whole movement seemed to revolve around Damien and not the "3".
    i agee w/ this & even tho jessie is included in the "3", they seem to have thrown him under the bus so to speak, because of his confession before & after his conviction & sentencing~

magblax Guest
    I've been flipping through the link you provided looking for Damien's mental evaluation. SCARY!

WendyK Guest
    Youn know what creeped me out when he( Damien) referred to himself as the West Memphis Boogie Man. I will have to read up on some of the links provided. I base my opinions from the documentaries.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    To be fair though, Damien only dabbled in the occult too. Actually, he was interested in Wicca at the time. Over time, that got twisted into this obsession with occult activities. Damien, to me, needs mental health counseling. I think he does have mental health issues and he needs to be treated.

Jessie is the one I feel for the most. He seemed trusting and easily lead and he does get the shaft from supporters and nons alike. I do feel bad for Jessie, always have. He gets forgotten mostly because he's slow and people want to cling to the other two. Stupid if you ask me.

Again, to be fair, some supporters are total assholes to non-supporters. But, some non-supporters are total assholes to supporters too. I could forward you emails that would curl your hair. They were sent to me by non-supporters when I was more involved and vocal in the case. I don't bitch slap nons because it's ridiculous and childish. But, some of them were just as nasty and just as ignorant to me and others. One even suggested that somebody should do to my kid what was done to these three little boys. My point, it happens on both sides.

GODDESS6 Guest
    To be fair though, Damien only dabbled in the occult too. Actually, he was interested in Wicca at the time. Over time, that got twisted into this obsession with occult activities. Damien, to me, needs mental health counseling. I think he does have mental health issues and he needs to be treated.

Jessie is the one I feel for the most. He seemed trusting and easily lead and he does get the shaft from supporters and nons alike. I do feel bad for Jessie, always have. He gets forgotten mostly because he's slow and people want to cling to the other two. Stupid if you ask me.

Again, to be fair, some supporters are total assholes to non-supporters. But, some non-supporters are total assholes to supporters too. I could forward you emails that would curl your hair. They were sent to me by non-supporters when I was more involved and vocal in the case. I don't bitch slap nons because it's ridiculous and childish. But, some of them were just as nasty and just as ignorant to me and others. One even suggested that somebody should do to my kid what was done to these three little boys. My point, it happens on both sides.
    that is mortifying & as a non i would like to apologize that someone would even say that~ & i believe the email thing, i have seen alot regarding this case~ people can be so nasty, & i loathe that~

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Youn know what creeped me out when he( Damien) referred to himself as the West Memphis Boogie Man. I will have to read up on some of the links provided. I base my opinions from the documentaries.
    that totally creeped me out, why would one say that w/ such relishment?~

here is a quote damien gave to police:

THE YOUNGER THE VICTIM THEN THE MORE INNOCENT THE VICTIM WOULD BE. THAT IN TURN MEANT THAT THE MORE INNOCENT THE VICTIM WOULD BE THE MORE POWER THAT THE PERSON WOULD HAVE GOTTEN FROM THE SACRIFICE.

-Damien Echols 5-10-93
    Statement to Police

THE YOUNGER THE VICTIM THEN THE MORE INNOCENT THE VICTIM WOULD BE. THAT IN TURN MEANT THAT THE MORE INNOCENT THE VICTIM WOULD BE THE MORE POWER THAT THE PERSON WOULD HAVE GOTTEN FROM THE SACRIFICE.

-Damien Echols 5-10-93
    Statement to Police
    Well, if that's the case, that "power" didn't do much for him, since he's been rotting in prison for the last few years now!

donetodeath Guest

-Damien Echols 5-10-93
    Statement to Police
    he was refering to wikka and their belief's on sacrifice as stated in their so called bible!Not something he did personally!
    He has been on death row for like 14year's now.

tngirl1967 Guest

Unhappy

I'm slowly going through those 500 documents. Nothing really has been a surprise so far. But trust me, I've seen some messed up kids when I worked in healthcare and there are a LOT out there thinking and doing worse than this, believing they influence people, animals, etc...a LOT more than you think. Most of them are just really screwed up kids, not murderers. I saw a few that honestly thought they were vampires, and that there was an underground society of vampires. Google it, the clubs are out there.

The one thing that really, really bothers me about the documentation is the constant theme of "satanic" this, "satanic" that (cue the Twilight Zone music please). On one of the documents, I think it was an emergency evaluation by a LCSW or psychologist before admission to a facility, at the bottom of her notes was boldly written (with stars by it even!) "satanic involvement". It gives the appearance that-- instead of this being written as a notation of a patient's delusional thinking--that the social worker or whoever was *freaked* by this admission by the patient.

Maybe I just notice it more, and it gripes me more, because I am familiar with how natives of this area treat anyone different or anyone not "borned and raised" (ugh) in this area. It really upsets me that mental illness is still thought of as being overtaken by demons, and to see the mental health professionals that evaluated him zone in on the "satanic" thing just scares the hell outta me. I think I live in Salem sometimes.

I don't know if they did it, if the stepfather did it, or if a pack of wild baboons did it anymore. The more I read and hear, the more confused I get. I don't feel right even attempting to judge those 3 because I don't know. I just know that I would hate to be convicted in that small town of anything, I might end up burned at the stake (I have red hair so I might be a witch you know )

susalu Guest
    random thoughts...

the dixie chicks are now among the WM3 supporters. i got an comment posted in myspace from them, as i am a fan of theirs...

the music from the two docs by Metallica was awesome and perfectly suited to the topic...

i am not a supporter or a non. i just don't know... however, i think their appearances and beliefs had more to do with their convictions than the actual evidence in the case.

GODDESS6 Guest
    this was always very interesting to me, who would do such a thing?~
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/img/heatherc2.html

Interesting but not surprising that The Dixie Chicks are supporters. I've heard that A LOT of famous people (actors and singers) are supporters of the WM3 and that there have been benefit concerts over the years put on by various bands to raise money for the Legal Defense fund.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Interesting but not surprising that The Dixie Chicks are supporters. I've heard that A LOT of famous people (actors and singers) are supporters of the WM3 and that there have been benefit concerts over the years put on by various bands to raise money for the Legal Defense fund.
    & i don't personally have a problem w/ this~ but from reading up on especially the "famous" supporters including natalie maines, they are basing their support almost soley on the docu's~ when if you read the actual facts that are out there regarding the case & not just watch the docu's, it might open more eyes~ as i have atated before, the docu's, especially PL2 are very supporter based~ only 1 parent even participated w/ the film makers on PL2, due to the 1 sided-ness of the films~ like i said before, being a huge stevie nick's fan & dressing like her & wearing moon necklaces & gypsy like garp, i too was called a witch & such~ so i did sympathize w/ the WM3, but immediately after watching the docu's reading all the books & getting my hands on ( i have a friend who lives in WM & she was allowed into the evidence room & documented everything & took pics) everything i could in regards to this case, i still feel the same that they have the right ones~

damien's "wife" will be on the radio in WM this morning, I wonder if she will have anything legit to say, since the only time you hear from her is too ask for money~

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    If I may just jump back in here and correct something. I know I"m not the only Pagan here, but I can't let falsehoods about my faith lie. Wicca does not have a formal bible, Wiccans don't practice sacrifice of humans or animals either. That's the biggest thing that pissed me off about this case from the get go, all the bullshit about what Pagans and Wiccans do. It's too bad anyone with any real knowledge about either beliefs wasn't listened to when this shit went down.

Damien had a passing interest in Wicca. Most teenaged kids explore other religions, that's nothing new. Lots of them become interested in Wicca some stop being interested when they find out it's not like The Craft. His interest in Wicca had nothing to do with the murders if he committed them, which I believe he didn't. He wasn't a Satanist, Satanists don't practice sacrifice either. The whole Satanic panic thing was done to death in the 80's and early 90's. I wish it would stay dead.

Sorry to hop up on my little soapbox.

One more thing. The film makers actually set out to do a docu on supposed Satanic murders. They couldn't find any evidence of any actually occuring (because none ever did) so they did a docu on the WM3 instead. It wasn't their intent in the first film to make the 3 look innocent. I may be splitting hairs on that, but I felt it was necessary to throw it out there.

I don't know if Natalie only saw the docus or not. But, I do know that many of the other famous supporters have actually read the court documents and done research. Maybe Natalie didn't, I frankly don't know. I've heard that whole thing about them only seeing the films several times now and I know it's not true in many cases. I'm not taking a swipe at you, Goddess. Big Stevie fan here. I named my kid after one of her songs.

Damien's wife only ever asks for money, you're right about that one. God, she annoys me.
    Last edited by HelenaHandbasket; 12-05-2007 at 08:14 AM.

magblax Guest
    What a sick thing to do...much less admit to doing! He was sadistic and twisted!

Helena brings up the Wiccan issue. In PS2 (from what I remember) they interviewed a group of Wiccans who discussed their religion and beliefs. Even though Damien claims to have been linked to Wicca...his belief system and actions seem to conflict with the religion. Sidenote to Helena~How do you feel Wiccan was portrayed in PS2? If the allegations in the link Goddess posted are true..he is just a twisted individual.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Great question. Let me preface my answer by saying I'm not a Wiccan, I'm a Pagan of the ecclectic variety.

A few things I'd like to say first. When people get arrested for heinous crimes, all sorts of people pop up with all sorts of stories. I don't believe much of what bystanders say about the things Damien supposedly admitted to. I do believ he has mental health issues and is in need of therapy. But, I don't necessarily believe the words of people who tried to spin a Satanic ritual murder out of this case.

Wiccans in PL2, it's been ages since I saw the docu so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I think that just like every other faith, Wicca has its share of flakes. I think film makers would be better served to find some down-to-earth Wiccans and talk to them. Don't just grab up the clad in black, clutching your "book of shadows types and call it all good. I"m sure they'll get right on that just after they stop grabbing up the Bible thumping Christians and showing them instead of the mild mannered ones. Second Tuesday of never would be about right. Some of the Wiccans they talked to knew their shit, others didn't. It's generally my wish that we stopped being portrayed as a bunch of flakes when we aren't (Wiccans, Pagans, Druids etc..). That's not a PL2 specific issue. Then again, when we stop acting like a bunch of flakes, we've won half the battle. If they makers wanted to show Wiccans as just your every day type people they did and they didn't. But, it's also how we sometimes portray ourselves that causes damage. I'll have to rent the docu again and give you a better answer once I've refreshed my own memory.

Sorry, I'm rambling this morning. Pain killers and whatnot. I'm also a bit bitchy, so if something I said seems caustic or straight up bitchy, it's not intended that way.

magblax Guest
    Great question. Let me preface my answer by saying I'm not a Wiccan, I'm a Pagan of the ecclectic variety.

A few things I'd like to say first. When people get arrested for heinous crimes, all sorts of people pop up with all sorts of stories. I don't believe much of what bystanders say about the things Damien supposedly admitted to. I do believ he has mental health issues and is in need of therapy. But, I don't necessarily believe the words of people who tried to spin a Satanic ritual murder out of this case.

Wiccans in PL2, it's been ages since I saw the docu so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I think that just like every other faith, Wicca has its share of flakes. I think film makers would be better served to find some down-to-earth Wiccans and talk to them. Don't just grab up the clad in black, clutching your "book of shadows types and call it all good. I"m sure they'll get right on that just after they stop grabbing up the Bible thumping Christians and showing them instead of the mild mannered ones. Second Tuesday of never would be about right. Some of the Wiccans they talked to knew their shit, others didn't. It's generally my wish that we stopped being portrayed as a bunch of flakes when we aren't (Wiccans, Pagans, Druids etc..). That's not a PL2 specific issue. Then again, when we stop acting like a bunch of flakes, we've won half the battle. If they makers wanted to show Wiccans as just your every day type people they did and they didn't. But, it's also how we sometimes portray ourselves that causes damage. I'll have to rent the docu again and give you a better answer once I've refreshed my own memory.

Sorry, I'm rambling this morning. Pain killers and whatnot. I'm also a bit bitchy, so if something I said seems caustic or straight up bitchy, it's not intended that way.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate the insight (no you don't sound bitchy to me). My home town has a big population of Druids, Pagans, and Wiccans. A similar thread runs through the groups but all are very different. The Wiccans they interviewed in PS2 (my memory is fuzzy too) didn't seem too out of whack. It just seemed like what Damien was into isn't the same thing. It's easy for people who don't know the difference to throw all these groups into a big category...so i was wondering if as a Pagan you find this frustrating. Sort of like Christianity where a group of wacked out thumpers puts a dark cloud over anyone who says they are Christian.

susalu Guest
    maybe i am missing something??? i couldn't tell who was being interviewed, but this person said that Damien said he poked a dog in the eye with a stick, etc... is this person reliable? isn't this hearsay? i don't see how this proves that he was a bad person or that he did the murders... what went through my mind was, this was a young stupid kid, who if he said he did something like that, might have just been trying to impress this person with how "out there" and dangerous he was...

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    maybe i am missing something??? i couldn't tell who was being interviewed, but this person said that Damien said he poked a dog in the eye with a stick, etc... is this person reliable? isn't this hearsay? i don't see how this proves that he was a bad person or that he did the murders... what went through my mind was, this was a young stupid kid, who if he said he did something like that, might have just been trying to impress this person with how "out there" and dangerous he was...
    Statement from a witness.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/joehb.html

Keyser Soze Guest
    The majority of this case is based on hear say and supposed eye witness accounts. Lots of witch hunting in this.....

GrinReaper Guest
    I wasn't there so I dunno who did it.

Kellycatt1 Guest
    They are talking about making a movie about the wm3, but guess who they are getting a majority of the info from. Breyer the stepfather who has been a suspect this whole time. Not saying he did or didn't do it. But I think they should get info from both sides not just him.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    he was refering to wikka and their belief's on sacrifice as stated in their so called bible!Not something he did personally!
    He has been on death row for like 14year's now.
    I hope you aren't seriously suggesting that Wiccans (please note correct spelling) actually practice sacrifice?!?! If so, you are in need of an education about the subject. Sacrifice of any living thing goes totally against everything Wicca is all about. Get a grip.

tngirl1967 Guest
    I think that just like every other faith, Wicca has its share of flakes. I think film makers would be better served to find some down-to-earth Wiccans and talk to them. Don't just grab up the clad in black, clutching your "book of shadows types and call it all good. I"m sure they'll get right on that just after they stop grabbing up the Bible thumping Christians and showing them instead of the mild mannered ones.
    I know what you are talking about, I noticed it on the news when this all took place. There were interviews with local pagans, but not the knowledgeable ones, they picked the ones with purple hair and fairy clothes and wearing their lucky charms around their necks holding their book of shadows. It's like when a tornado blows through this area, they pick the redneck-iest family they can find to interview so we can all hear "it come throo hearr like a freaat trane". I live close enough I can relate with the "satanic panic" thing, which is pretty common I know within a 100 mile radius of the MS river at Memphis. When I announced my engagement to my husband part of my family had prayer meetings and probably did snake-handling parties, all because he has a tattoo of the grim reaper (from a misguided youth that he really wants to get rid of). I KNOW they had a prayer meeting by phone on a conference call! That's how a few whacked people can start mass hysteria. I've been on the receiving end of a mild "deval-worshuppin" witch hunt caused by ignorance and closed-mindedness.

Quote Originally Posted by tngirl1967 View Post
    When I announced my engagement to my husband part of my family had prayer meetings and probably did snake-handling parties, all because he has a tattoo of the grim reaper (from a misguided youth that he really wants to get rid of). I KNOW they had a prayer meeting by phone on a conference call! That's how a few whacked people can start mass hysteria. I've been on the receiving end of a mild "deval-worshuppin" witch hunt caused by ignorance and closed-mindedness.
    Girl, sorry to hear about that. Luckily we only have one like that in my family (my brother) and we just ignore him mostly!

WOW where have I been, I would've been posting on this a long time ago. I was a supporter in the beginning. Now I am on the fence. After watching the movies I thought for sure Mark Byers did this. Now 15+ years later, and actually looking at most of the evidence, things they did not show you in the movies, I just dont know. The fact that Jessie confessed not just once, but 3 different times. Once or the both times after the sentencing. There is a point at which, and Goddess, you can help me on this, where the police are talking to him and his lawyer, and someone, I dont know exactly who it was, but they walk out of the room and ask for a bible, because he was so horrified by what Jessie was saying. If you listen to the tape of the third confession, you hear his lawyer telling him to not talk at all, to basically shut up, and he kept going, saying "I want something done." Its hard to hear that and still be a believer.

I just urge anyone who wants to learn more about more about this case, to diffenetly look at all the evidence, all the trial transcripts, ect...There are definitly mistakes, and some witch hunting going on, but there are also some major eye openning too.

Like you, I thanked her alot also, and just cause, Thanks Goddess for hooking me uup to the WM3 hoax and callahan sites. I also watched the movies and thought for sure they were innocent, now, I cant say for sure they did it, but I cant say for sure they didnt either. And because of the sites, i was able to look at eveidence that was not presented in the movie.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    Like you, I thanked her alot also, and just cause, Thanks Goddess for hooking me uup to the WM3 hoax and callahan sites. I also watched the movies and thought for sure they were innocent, now, I cant say for sure they did it, but I cant say for sure they didnt either. And because of the sites, i was able to look at eveidence that was not presented in the movie.

I'm still going through the links Goddess provided (as well as weighing other info on this thread). I am leaning on the WM3 guilty side. I am also pissed to realize how skewed and edited the documentaries are (especially PL2).

I'm still going through the links Goddess provided (as well as weighing other info on this thread). I am leaning on the WM3 guilty side. I am also pissed to realize how skewed and edited the documentaries are (especially PL2).
    Ya that pissed me off too. PL2 was sooo very one sided. There are some stuff that really was witch hunting and all, but i think, when u get down to it, the 3 they got, are the 3 that did this. But I just dont know for sure, thats what kills me. These 3 little boys need to have their brutal deaths avenged

magblax Guest
    Ya that pissed me off too. PL2 was sooo very one sided. There are some stuff that really was witch hunting and all, but i think, when u get down to it, the 3 they got, are the 3 that did this. But I just dont know for sure, thats what kills me. These 3 little boys need to have their brutal deaths avenged

It almost seems that they should have posted a "this documentary is sponsored by HBO on behalf of "Free the West Memphis 3" " before PL2. I always thought that HBO was more unbiased in their programming.

susalu Guest
    Well, all three are in prison, one on death row. Is that not enough? Should all three get the death penalty?

The thing is, if there is any doubt, and I think there is in this case, is death really right? What if it wasn't them?

I am pro death penalty, but only in cases where there is incontrovertible evidence that the person is actually guilty. In my opinion there is too little physical evidence to kill all three.

tngirl1967 Guest
    Girl, sorry to hear about that. Luckily we only have one like that in my family (my brother) and we just ignore him mostly!
    It's the only way to deal with it! After many years, I have learned to ignore them all. I just saw the power of "mass hysteria" on a small scale in that incident, and honestly, in my small town in boonie-ville, I could see if happening on a GRAND scale if someone challenged the local religious masses. Don't get me wrong, I'm Christian, but in a denomination that pretty much is "live and let live". I have pagan friends, I have friends of every Christian church, but then there are, well, those..........where I work there is even an inside joke, you have to be a member of a certain church to get hired because the HR manager is a deacon there. Our last four hires of upper level management and engineering staff are either deacons there also or teach sunday school or are in the "clique". You know, the "you're going to hell because you ain't one of us" club.

Whoo those medical documents really paint a picture don't they? Has anyone found exactly WHAT type of sexual offense is repeatedly referred to in the medical records? Was it that he was having underage sex with his first girlfriend (the one that he was going to have a baby with and sacrifice it?) or did he do something else?

Disturbing, disturbing, disturbing.....

Suzanne30 Guest
    It's the only way to deal with it! After many years, I have learned to ignore them all. I just saw the power of "mass hysteria" on a small scale in that incident, and honestly, in my small town in boonie-ville, I could see if happening on a GRAND scale if someone challenged the local religious masses. Don't get me wrong, I'm Christian, but in a denomination that pretty much is "live and let live". I have pagan friends, I have friends of every Christian church, but then there are, well, those..........where I work there is even an inside joke, you have to be a member of a certain church to get hired because the HR manager is a deacon there. Our last four hires of upper level management and engineering staff are either deacons there also or teach sunday school or are in the "clique". You know, the "you're going to hell because you ain't one of us" club.

Whoo those medical documents really paint a picture don't they? Has anyone found exactly WHAT type of sexual offense is repeatedly referred to in the medical records? Was it that he was having underage sex with his first girlfriend (the one that he was going to have a baby with and sacrifice it?) or did he do something else?

Disturbing, disturbing, disturbing.....
    On May 19, 1992, seventeen year old Damien Echols was arrested with his fifteen year old girlfriend Deanna Holcomb for breaking into a vacant trailer. They were running away together and, at the time of apprehension, were caught partially dressed and in the closet. According to his arrest report, Echols was charged with burglary and sexual misconduct. He was later convicted of breaking and entering and second degree sexual misconduct. He was remanded to Craighead County Juvenile Detention Center. While in detention, he expressed a plan for suicide, to tie sheets together and hang himself. He was sent to Charter Hospital in Little Rock for intervention and stayed there for a little over three weeks.

tngirl1967 Guest
    Was that the only sexual offense it referenced? I was thinking it was something to do with a child. I read the part about where his sister was abused.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Was that the only sexual offense it referenced? I was thinking it was something to do with a child. I read the part about where his sister was abused.
    I've read nothing concerning children, prior to the murders except a reference to him chasing a child with an axe.

RaRaRamona Guest
    This case is being discussed on Larry King tonight. He interviews Damien. I can't wait!

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    This case is being discussed on Larry King tonight. He interviews Damien. I can't wait!
    Damn! You beat me to the punch! I can't wait either.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    AWESOME! I have spent the better part of an hour reading this thread and the links provided. And now this? BONUS!

It's ON !!! It's ON !!!!

hoxharding Guest
    It has just started

Mamma Guest
    EDITED: Wait this was covered already, I think I missed a page. My faux pas.

Whoa, chek this out ... John Mark Byers believes the WM3 are innocent as well? Damn, this is twisted sh*t ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxKyQJg_Xjk
    Last edited by Mamma; 12-19-2007 at 06:27 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    It's being replayed twice tonight for anyone who missed it - first in about 30 min then again later. Check out tvguide.com for more info. I recorded the wrong channel! I'm about to watch it.