Thread: Four killed at Nashville Waffle House

Four killed at Nashville Waffle House

The shooter Travis Reinking was arrested outside the White House in 2017. His weapons was seized but given back to him by his father. He used an assault weapon to kill four innocent people. He is still at large. That gun culture sure is great.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/22/us/wa...use/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    The shooter Travis Reinking was arrested outside the White House in 2017. His weapons was seized but given back to him by his father. He used an assault weapon to kill four innocent people. He is still at large. That gun culture sure is great.

No no no, you're missing the point. What we need is MORE guns. Every Waffle House cook should be armed with his/her own AR-15. That'll fix the problem.

Seriously, it's crazy. I am just down the road in Knoxville, and I have been in many a Waffle House at 3:30am. Of course, I've also been in a lot of schools...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Disarmament means the criminals keep their guns (or buy them on the black market since the price goes through the roof) while the law-abiding citizenry turn in their guns and become victims of the next massacre.

It is that - whatever the "culture" is.
    I'm guessing you mean having the right to own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    No no no, you're missing the point. What we need is MORE guns. Every Waffle House cook should be armed with his/her own AR-15. That'll fix the problem.

Seriously, it's crazy. I am just down the road in Knoxville, and I have been in many a Waffle House at 3:30am. Of course, I've also been in a lot of schools...
    That's impractical.
    The cooks should have side arms.
    The customers should have the long guns if that's what they choose to carry.

Depending upon the source - there are in excess of 1.5 million "assault weapons" in American homes.
    That's just the "assault" type - you know, they are made to resemble military weapons but they work the same way as any other semi-automatic weapon.
    With as ill-tempered and disrespectful of law and life as those guns are I'm surprised there aren't hundreds or even thousands of such shootings every single day.

There should be a study to find out how some gun owners are able to control the criminal impulses of their weapons while others are not.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

"It is that - whatever the "culture" is."
    "I'm guessing you mean having the right to own them."

The fact that the guy was mentally ill ( he thought Taylor Swift was stalking him) and his father gave him back his guns ?? That's the inexplicable gun culture.
    Last edited by cash; 04-22-2018 at 08:56 PM.

What's an assault weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    What's an assault weapon?

Not exclusively.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Apparently, it's a semi-automatic rifle designed to look like a military weapon that has full-auto selectivity.
    They work on the same principal as any other semi-automatic weapon, but because they look like a military weapon they are somehow more lethal and dangerous than semi-auto weapons that do not look like military weapons.

It kind of like comparing rum to vodka - those clear liquors are much more intoxicating than the ones that have a little color to them; obviously.
    Consequently, if a guy drinks alcohol, and that alcohol forces him to get into a vehicle and drive, I hope like hell that he's been drinking rum instead of vodka; just for safety's sake and all.

These shooters aren't planning their attacks for maximum carnage.
    If they were, they'd be using 12 or 20 gauge shotguns with 10 or 15 round magazines.

Walk into a Waffle House or a classroom and start letting loose with one of those and nothing will likely be left untouched or moving when it's over.

Naturally, those aren't considered assault weapons because they look just like your average everyday shotgun.

The guy has been arrested - he will get his guns back next week

http://time.com/5250489/waffle-house...king-arrested/

The guy has been arrested - he will get his guns back next week

http://time.com/5250489/waffle-house...king-arrested/
    How did this guy avoid capture for more than a day, only to be arrested in the woods near his apartment? Dude doesn't give off a master criminal vibe, that's for sure.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

No Guns Allowed During NRA Convention Speech By Trump, Pence

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...vice-presidentGu

I am sure all these NRA members are responsible gun owners. Guns don't kill people.

No Guns Allowed During NRA Convention Speech By Trump, Pence

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...vice-presidentGu

I am sure all these NRA members are responsible gun owners. Guns don't kill people.
    This is a reason I'm happy to live here in Canada.
    (also Doug Ford move to the USA)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I bought a new hammer recently.
    Damned thing is worthless - it's obviously defective.

At least three quarters of the times that I use it, it drives the nails crooked.
    Considering that it's such a popular brand with professional carpenters, I understand now why workmanship generally just isn't what it used to be.

Defective hammers are giving a lot of carpenters bad reputations.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    This is a reason I'm happy to live here in Canada.
    (also Doug Ford move to the USA)
    Come on now... don't we already have enough of our own crazies?
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!