Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    it's not even Queen anymore, it's the guitarist and drummer that were in the band Queen.
    John retired many moons ago. Wouldn't even work robbie Williams as he wasn't a patch on Freddie. Brian and roger just can't let it go.. A little like the remaining doors members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

really shouldnt be calling Queen...Queen anymore. cuz..it ain't

Soxmeup Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    really shouldnt be calling Queen...Queen anymore. cuz..it ain't
    ^^^Agreed.

Longtime lurker, had to register to comment on my favorite singer, Freddie.

Queen was my very first concert in 1977 and I was lucky enough to see them 4 more times and like someone else said, still have the t-shirts. I heard that Adam Lambert is joining Brian and Roger for a tour, and while I like Adam Lambert and would probably even enjoy the concert if they played over here, I couldn't bear to go. Stay together, play Queen songs, but just don't call yourselves Queen. I agree with those who have said the Paul Rogers tour was their only chance to see Queen, I'm just spoiled having seen Freddie (and John - John even sang backups in 1977 LOL) perform with Queen and there is no replacement.

I read Mercury & Me and many other Queen Freddie books and find it to be the most frank and honest. I didn't get the impression at all (like I did with some others) that Jim Hutton was trying to make a buck off of Freddie's death. I honestly got the impression that he felt the fans would like to know another side to Freddie, which i did even though it was so sad. His description of Freddie's death was not disrespectful or sensationalistic and actually made me feel a little better when he described Freddie's face to be happy and finally at peace.

There was a "documentary" in 1991 with Axl Rose narrating in which he says at the end he's looking forward to seeing the boys out on tour soon, and I remember thinking, who does he think he's kidding? One look at Freddie's last video (Those Were The Days Of Our Lives) and it was obvious he was dying. I tried not to believe it until that awful news cut-in that November...only twice have I cried over a celeb death; John Lennon (because of the shock of the way it happened) and Freddie. Freddie was THE voice of my youth. Through the years I have been able to bring my kids to see so many of the bands I grew up with but Queen I could only show them on tape and tell them about and that's a shame.

RIP Freddie. You were one of a kind.

I read that book also. Very good reading, and if all of it was true, they treated Jim horribly after Freddies death. Mary Austin should be ashamed of herself, and I hope Freddie haunts her.

Rare....Freddie with Mike Moran recording in 1988:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiDcs...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I, for one, would love to read the book. As far as everyone saying "you can't replace Freddy Mercury" well... No $hit! I don't think anyone is trying to, and I respect those that have talent enough to pay tribute to him. Although he left us way too soon, I'll always be happy to have been witness to his and the band's talent, a true gift!

I was delighted to see Freddie on the big screens during the closing of the Summer Olympic games. During a commercial break, I was letting my tortie cat Samantha back into the house and heard the familiar, "De do de day oh!" I ran back to the living room to see how they managed to include Freddie. Just read that Brian May said he "teared up" at the huge images of the former Queen frontman.
    Had Freddie been alive, I am sure he would've rocked the entire stadium. He performed at his best when the entire world was his stage, remember Live Aid?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Dark Princess Guest
    Loved their Live Aid performance. I still watch it.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Poor Freddie had to have been rolling over in that grave when they brought out Jessie J for the Olympic Closing Ceremony to perform with Queen. Eeeeeek.

I guess Robbie Williams wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    Poor Freddie had to have been rolling over in that grave when they brought out Jessie J for the Olympic Closing Ceremony to perform with Queen. Eeeeeek.

I guess Robbie Williams wasn't available.
    Robbie's wife is due to give birth, he was going to sing with Take That ( even if he wasn't singing on the original song ) but stayed in America with his wife.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Robbie's wife is due to give birth, he was going to sing with Take That ( even if he wasn't singing on the original song ) but stayed in America with his wife.

LOL. Yeah, I know. I was just joking a bit.

(I'm the only Take That fan in the United States. They never managed to get popular here. I sadly know everything there is to know about them. Sigh..... LOL )
    Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 08-13-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    LOL. Yeah, I know. I was just joking a bit.

(I'm the only Take That fan in the United States. They never managed to get popular here. I sadly know everything there is to know about them. Sigh..... LOL )
    I aM HUGE Take That fan lol. I remember the early days, all fresh faces and sexy dance moves! I can't stand Robbie to be honest, his ego is too big and Take That never needed him back to be honest. I bet we could talk about Take That all day every day haha

Thank you! My son is a HUGE Queen fan, and he was just livid that Jessie J came out in a yellow coat and dared try to sing that song. Did anyone else think that the performance "blunted" the song's usual effect on a crowd?

I was super excited to see Freddie's image and then Brian May. Then that Jessie J chick came out and ruined it.

I know what you mean, Wildcatgrrl, although I tried my best to ignore Jessie J. Sure, she wore a catsuit and was bending backward, etc., but that didn't make her a substitute for Freddie. He was a one-off and probably realized that fact. <L>

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    I was super excited to see Freddie's image and then Brian May. Then that Jessie J chick came out and ruined it.

sablegsd Guest
    Happy Birthday Freddie!
    We still love you!Name:  blue.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  3.0 KB

Happy birthday, Freddie! You would have been 66 today!You left us way too soon.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Jacksmum Guest

Gone too soon :(

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freddie.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	43455

sablegsd Guest
    We still love you Freddie! You are forever in our hearts!

21 years today.... You are still dearly missed Freddie.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Freddie, you were gone too soon! I'm missing you and will be thinking of you today. I hope you are resting in peace and rocking on in the heavens high!

Singer of songs, gone 21 years now. Hope you RIP and kick Jim Hutton's butt (and not in a good way ) all over the next plane for revealing your most personal moments in death just to make a buck.

Still thinking of you 21 years later and will never be forgotten in history. <3
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

This was the guy. He had so much charisma and talent. You are missed!

I had to reply to this thread as Queen has been my all time favorite band most of my life. I've been to 6 North American Queen conventions. Talk about a blast. In between all the drinking we raise money for charity.

Yeah Freddie was one of a kind. The ultimate front man. He is greatly missed.

Sorry if this was posted already...if so, mods please delete

A young Freddie....check out the over-bite...wow

You think his parents would have taken him to a dentist to correct

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freddie-Mercury-2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	44914
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Yeah his parents had money so I don't know why they didn't. I heard that as an adult, the reason why he didn't get it fixed was because he was afraid it would change the way he sings. Don't know if that's true or not but it was something I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Yeah his parents had money so I don't know why they didn't. I heard that as an adult, the reason why he didn't get it fixed was because he was afraid it would change the way he sings. Don't know if that's true or not but it was something I read.
    You are probably correct. But being that he is so young in the photo, his voice probably did not change yet, so his range would have been unknown.....maybe?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Yeah maybe if his parents had it done when he was that young but he was born in the mid 40's so at that age he is in the pic, how prevelant were braces then?

Yeah maybe if his parents had it done when he was that young but he was born in the mid 40's so at that age he is in the pic, how prevelant were braces then?
    In Zanzibar?.......who knows. Maybe that was the issue.
    March 1934-July 2016

Meli Guest

I stumbled across this video recently. I had never heard this song and fell instantly in love with it. If you look at the lyrics, this song was obviously written for Freddie. First time I listened to it, I bawled like a baby. RIP Freddie we miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post

I stumbled across this video recently. I had never heard this song and fell instantly in love with it. If you look at the lyrics, this song was obviously written for Freddie. First time I listened to it, I bawled like a baby. RIP Freddie we miss you!
    Only recently have I been able to sing this song without crying when the line comes up, "There's a face at the window, and I ain't never ever sayin' goodbye."

Maybe the locations (Zanzibar and boarding school in India) had something to do with his teeth not being fixed. I know that his mother has the same overbite.

Meli Guest
    Yes that line is so sad. Two parts of the song tore me up.
    "Another tricky situation
    I get to drowning in the Blues
    And I find myself thinking
    Well - what would you do ?" Can't even imagine having someone like Freddie in my daily life for so long, and then him be gone and having to carry on

"And now the party must be over
    I guess we'll never understand
    The sense of your leaving
    Was it the way it was planned ?" I guess I never put much thought into the remaining members and how they felt...it must have been heartbreaking for them.

Meli Guest
    I have NO clue who she was, but I seriously hate her for ruining that song, hope to never hear her again!! I was so praying it would've been a Freddie Hologram the whole time

Yes that line is so sad. Two parts of the song tore me up.
    "Another tricky situation
    I get to drowning in the Blues
    And I find myself thinking
    Well - what would you do ?" Can't even imagine having someone like Freddie in my daily life for so long, and then him be gone and having to carry on

"And now the party must be over
    I guess we'll never understand
    The sense of your leaving
    Was it the way it was planned ?" I guess I never put much thought into the remaining members and how they felt...it must have been heartbreaking for them.
    When I saw the DVD of "Freddie Mercury" The Untold Story," Roger Taylor recalled that when Freddie told Taylor, Brian May and John Deacon, Roger had to run to the bathroom and vomit. Amazingly, Freddie was very light hearted. He joked about "popping off" (dying) and wanted to record as much music as possible. It goes without saying that May and Deacon were devastated as well.

Bunratty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess View Post
    Loved their Live Aid performance. I still watch it.
    I watched the whole of Live Aid recently on DVD (both UK & US)

I almost cried when I thought about the passage of time

Queen's last video was These Are the Days of Our Lives. Freddie is so ravaged by the disease he's almost unrecognizable. I cry every single time I watch that video. It's heartbreaking. Listen to the words. You know he wrote it when he knew he was dying. If you've never listened to the cd Made In Heaven I highly recommend it. It was released after he died. He would come into the studio and record on the days he felt up to it. His voice has such strength and emotion that it's hard to believe he was dying at the time he recorded his vocals. It's amazing. I think he died within 3 months of finishing his vocals. A really good bio on the whole band is a dvd called Queen-Champions of the World. If you like Queen at all I highly recommend it.

luckyinlove Guest
    as a cat lover and freddie admirer, i thought these pics were cute: http://lovelycatslife.com/freddie-mercury-and-his-cats/

Meli Guest
    Queen's last video was These Are the Days of Our Lives. Freddie is so ravaged by the disease he's almost unrecognizable. I cry every single time I watch that video. It's heartbreaking. Listen to the words. You know he wrote it when he knew he was dying. If you've never listened to the cd Made In Heaven I highly recommend it. It was released after he died. He would come into the studio and record on the days he felt up to it. His voice has such strength and emotion that it's hard to believe he was dying at the time he recorded his vocals. It's amazing. I think he died within 3 months of finishing his vocals. A really good bio on the whole band is a dvd called Queen-Champions of the World. If you like Queen at all I highly recommend it.
    This video breaks my heart and I have a seriously hard time watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    as a cat lover and freddie admirer, i thought these pics were cute: http://lovelycatslife.com/freddie-mercury-and-his-cats/
    Oh yes, Freddie loved his cats. I really like that picture of Freddie and Jim with their cat. Jim died in Jan. '10.

luckyinlove Guest
    Oh yes, Freddie loved his cats. I really like that picture of Freddie and Jim with their cat. Jim died in Jan. '10.
    a deep love and appreciation for cats is a sign of superior talent and intellect

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    a deep love and appreciation for cats is a sign of superior talent and intellect
    ITA, luckyinlove. The cat in my avatar is named after Freddie.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    ITA, luckyinlove. The cat in my avatar is named after Freddie.
    LOVE that you named a kitty after him, he wouldve liked that I think. I am going to be getting a Queen tat next month, I'll post pics after its done

LOVE that you named a kitty after him, he wouldve liked that I think. I am going to be getting a Queen tat next month, I'll post pics after its done
    Did you get it done??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love it when he met Sid vicious
    Queen and The Sex Pistols were recording albums in London's West End when Sid Vicious wandered into the wrong studio to find Mercury alone at the piano. "Ah, Freddie Mercury, still bringing ballet to the massses are you?" hissed Vicious. "Oh yes, Mr Ferocious, dear," Mercury bit back. 'We are doing our best."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maiden22 Guest
    Nothing much to say here but Freddie was the best vocalist singer ever to hit the stage. Miss him......

Saddletramp Guest
    I respect Freddie and his talents. I won't ever understand his choice in life. Both my first close people, both male & female are gay. Don't effect me. Queen is one of the finest bands of my era. I miss the talent, I miss the voice. What I don't understand is Chers kid, That's just fuckin' nasty. Looks like a football player with a bad haircut. I am hoping She/He is a nice person tho. Cher rocks my world. Hope she don't show up here for a long time. All I got right now.

harlequin_clown Guest
    This video breaks my heart and I have a seriously hard time watching it.
    I do too!!! I get unbelievably choked up, especially at the end of the video when he looks RIGHT at the camera (and it looks like he is looking DIRECTLY AT YOU) smiles and says in the most sincere voice "I still love you" oh GOD!!! *Tears*! He was NEVER phony, it was obvious he dearly, and truly loved us (his fans) and I was devastated when he died, I was 16 and when it was announced on Mtv news, I just bawled like a baby. To this day, I still get emotional, call me weird I don't care, but I took it hard. I loved Queen, still do, always will.

No one really has a mean thing to say about him, and it's so easy to see why

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    I do too!!! I get unbelievably choked up, especially at the end of the video when he looks RIGHT at the camera (and it looks like he is looking DIRECTLY AT YOU) smiles and says in the most sincere voice "I still love you" oh GOD!!! *Tears*! He was NEVER phony, it was obvious he dearly, and truly loved us (his fans) and I was devastated when he died, I was 16 and when it was announced on Mtv news, I just bawled like a baby. To this day, I still get emotional, call me weird I don't care, but I took it hard. I loved Queen, still do, always will.

No one really has a mean thing to say about him, and it's so easy to see why
    I know just what you mean. I always tear up at that video. There are only a very few celebs whose death deeply affected me like I knew them and Freddie was one.

Grave discovered?

Maybe they discovered his grave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEeH947Tjg

http://www.channel24.co.za/Music/News/Freddie-Mercurys-final-grave-discovered-20130225