Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorothy Stratten

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Has there ever been a thread with the list of all the dead Playmates? It seems there are many who died unnatural deaths.

What do you guys think?
    There is a Wikipedia entry on it...thought there was...cannot find it now...oh well.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    You can see the results of his circumsion thru those pants...I don't think it's a sock...
    omg, this had me spitting my mountain dew out!!!~ tooooo funny~
    why does he have it all sqwished over to one side?~ nasty~

Lisamarie Guest
    the husltler picture is pretty disturbing!

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    omg, this had me spitting my mountain dew out!!!~ tooooo funny~
    why does he have it all sqwished over to one side?~ nasty~
    Well, according to some of my Gay guy friends, SOME men tend to "wear" (adjust) their cocks a certain way when they put their pants on. Some favor to the left, the right or straight up.

I have a friend who wears his straight up.

I guess it's more "comfortable" for some men to "wear" it a certain way in their pants - especially tight ones!

Katie Guest
    It's not like he could split it down the middle.

Batmama Guest
    According to the story I read the picture of Paul was taken at the same time as some of Dorothy's nude pictures.He insisted on his picture's being taken or he wouldn't allow her to be photographed.Of course they had no intention of using his they only humored him to get her pictures done.

Mamma Guest
    Batmama~

Come to think of it, I believe I've heard the same thing? Probably the E! True Hollywood story on Stratton. It IS a good one.

As for Snider, makes no difference to me how he wants to place his wanker, what was most important to him is that it showed. Ugh, what a dick. Seriously.

rofl!!!!!!!
    That is so what I thought. He looks like he might have said "Ayyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeee" right before the picture was snapped.
    CORRECTAMUNDO !!!!!

Oh yeah, that finger snapping pointing thingy Snider does just get's the ladies howling ... nyet. And he's got that Chester the Molester moustache going on. I think moustaches are great. But when a guy's gotta play Samson as though their facial hair makes them a greek god, I wanna hurl.

What did Dorothy ever see in him? Anyone? I understand she was very young (19?) small town (in Canada?) and all. But was he THAT much of a catch, or did the poor girl truly feel she "owed" him? An awful tragedy either way.

~Mamma

ETA: His virtual flowers at findagrave are turned off, no big surprise there:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...ob=n&GRid=4176&
    Last edited by Mamma; 11-03-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Katie Guest
    I think Paul talked good game to her. He was her way out. She was not the only one who fell for it. Many others have followed over the years.

Mamma Guest
    There were others? Do tell if you have the time. I also learned about the Chippendales he helped promote/create. And wasn't another gig the swimsuit models for automobile ads? It's been ages since I've watched a documentary about Dorothy.

Also, during the E! documentary, and other interviews of Hef I've seen, there is a framed photo that sits behind Hef in these interviews. It's really cool - the blonde model in the photo is wearing a man's hat and a neck tie too. Is this framed photo Dorothy?

~Mamma

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Also, during the E! documentary, and other interviews of Hef I've seen, there is a framed photo that sits behind Hef in these interviews. It's really cool - the blonde model in the photo is wearing a man's hat and a neck tie too. Is this framed photo Dorothy?

~Mamma

I thought that was Kimberly, the Playmate he was married to for a time? Could be wrong........I saw that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I thought that was Kimberly, the Playmate he was married to for a time? Could be wrong........I saw that, too.
    That was Kimberley - the mother of his two young sons and whom he was married to for a few years.

Katie Guest
    They are still married, but legally separated. She lives in the house next door.

Mamma Guest
    Thanks for confirming that it's his wife, Aries! I saw Hef on the Stratten documentary, and the photo being right there in back of him, I always thought it was her (Dorothy). Thanks again, I've always wondered!

~Mamma
    Last edited by Mamma; 11-03-2007 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Pic of her grave I took in September of this year!
    Hey Danny, thanks for the pic. From a big Dorothy Stratten fan.

Batmama Guest
    Actually Dorothy was 17 when Paul found her working in a Dairy Queen.

lisalouver Guest
    Bryan Adams wrote a song about her too. It's called "The Best Was Yet To Come" and it is really good. I have it on my ipod. She was Canadian and so is he.

I stopped by Dorothy's grave when I was at Westwood back in 1996. I read somwhere that Dorothy's stepfather took over her funeral arrangements because her mother was too distraught and that he cremated her and everyone was really upset over that.

Bogdonavich was (and is) a perv and borders on being a pedophile. I can not believe Louise Hoogstratton married him, let alone had children with him. Gross.

Paul Sinder and his package, LMFAO. I always thought about that too!

knothere Guest
    hmm Hoogstratton? creepeeee

i like the best wast yet to come didnt know it was for her

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    hmm Hoogstratton? creepeeee

i like the best wast yet to come didnt know it was for her
    Hoogstratten was Dorothy's real surname before she shortened it.

Best was yet to come is an awesome song!

leevancleef Guest
    Just asking,because i dont know much about Peter , but why is he considered a perv and a pedophile?
    What else did he do besides marry Louise?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Just asking,because i dont know much about Peter , but why is he considered a perv and a pedophile?
    When Dorothy died in 1980, her sister Louise was 12 years old. Bogdonavich formed a "relationship" with her from the start, and although he waited until she was 18 or 19 to marry her, clearly he was after her while she was still a child. Mind you, Peter was/is 29 years older than Louise.

The main problem here is not just Louise's age, but the fact that he took advantage of a child who was grieving for her sister who was her best friend. It was not just bad enough that he chose a child to pursue, but he chose the sister of his dead girfriend.

Not ok.

leevancleef Guest
    Thanks for the info Lisa. i didnt know Louise was underage by then.
    That was kind of creepy , i must admit. It seems like he was so obsessed with Dorothy that wanted to keep a part of her one way or another.
    i agree, not ok.

lisalouver Guest
    Thanks for the info Lisa. i didnt know Louise was underage by then.
    That was kind of creepy , i must admit. It seems like he was so obsessed with Dorothy that wanted to keep a part of her one way or another.
    i agree, not ok.
    You're welcome.

I agree with you. He was so obsessed with Dorothy, that he would do anything to have a part of her.

Icky.

I have often wondered if Louise looks back now and thinks he is a creep. She is the same age as me (39) and now with her children growing older, I wonder what she thinks of him.

malaki Guest
    I love reading on this story, it never gets old, very facinating.....

RaRaRamona Guest
    That was enough if you ask me. I wonder what did happen to him later in life? I hope he fell off a bridge.

That whole thing with the sex table is grooody. Ugh & what he did after she was dead...man oh man.

As far as I know, Peter B is still directing movies and doing bit parts in films and TV shows here and there. He's still around.

Katie Guest
    It still remains one of the saddest stories, of "what if"

Jersey Girl Guest
    Yeah, he's still around.
    In fact, one of his most recent efforts was The Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers Rockumentary - "Runnin' Down A Dream."

NewYorkDoll Guest
    I am unaware that there was any spawn from his marriage to Louise. I just watched the Biography on Dorothy and Louise was interviewed, it was after their divorce. No children from that marriage mentioned on eithers profile on IMDB. Geez, I hope no children. Stop the madness.

No disrespect, but Louise is totally fug. I have no idea why he would think she was a Dorothy alike. They had different fathers. the only thing similar is their voices. I guess that was enough. I had totally forgotten that Louise and her mother hired Gloria Allred to sue Hef for slander (for saying Peter was doing Louise when she was 15--he was, they dropped the lawsuit and he married her when she came of age).

I mean really, when you think about the whole sitch, it's pretty depraved and creepy.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    I am unaware that there was any spawn from his marriage to Louise. I just watched the Biography on Dorothy and Louise was interviewed, it was after their divorce. No children from that marriage mentioned on eithers profile on IMDB. Geez, I hope no children. Stop the madness.

No disrespect, but Louise is totally fug. I have no idea why he would think she was a Dorothy alike. They had different fathers. the only thing similar is their voices. I guess that was enough. I had totally forgotten that Louise and her mother hired Gloria Allred to sue Hef for slander (for saying Peter was doing Louise when she was 15--he was, they dropped the lawsuit and he married her when she came of age).

I mean really, when you think about the whole sitch, it's pretty depraved and creepy.
    Peter and Louise have two children together.

Peter is as pervy as they come.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Peter and Louise have two children together.

Peter is as pervy as they come.
    He has two children with Polly Platt, who are adults. I see no mention of children with Louise. Link, please.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post

I agree with you about Louise in the looks department. Total fug. I didn't know her and Dorothy had different fathers, so that explains that lack of carry-over of Dorothy's looks into Louise. Yeah, they do have similar voices. I guess when you're desperate, you'll marry anything to be close to the one you lost under such horrible circumstances. I also am unaware of them having children. Never seen any mention of that, nor a pic of her preggo. If they did have kids, any info on them? Whether Bogd. is a perv or not, I don't know, but it does seem like it was a nasty weird thing to do, getting hooked up with Louise. I'm glad she got out of that - IN ONE PIECE - and there wasn't another tragedy. At least he didn't go after anybody with a gun.....but he's probably nutty as a fruitcake.

Star 80 filmed inside the actual house where the murders occured.

I know there was another Dorothy Stratten movie - with Jamie Lee Curtis as Dorothy. It was made-for-TV one - anyone see that one? I didn't.
    I saw it, but haven't seen Star 80. Duh. Anyway, I thought JLC did a great job. It's been so long since I saw it that I don't remember how factual it was, but most movies like that are full of fictions.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    I agree with you about Louise in the looks department. Total fug. I didn't know her and Dorothy had different fathers, so that explains that lack of carry-over of Dorothy's looks into Louise. Yeah, they do have similar voices. I guess when you're desperate, you'll marry anything to be close to the one you lost under such horrible circumstances. I also am unaware of them having children. Never seen any mention of that, nor a pic of her preggo. If they did have kids, any info on them? Whether Bogd. is a perv or not, I don't know, but it does seem like it was a nasty weird thing to do, getting hooked up with Louise. I'm glad she got out of that - IN ONE PIECE - and there wasn't another tragedy. At least he didn't go after anybody with a gun.....but he's probably nutty as a fruitcake.
    http://www.tv.com/peter-bogdanovich/...biography.html

The film Peter is most famous for, The Last Picture Show, was released in 1971 when Peter was 32 years old. The film received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for himself as Best Director. The movie didn't win Best Director, but two of the others for Cloris Leachman and Ben Johnson in the supporting acting categories. Peter himself had cast 19-year-old model Cybill Shepherd in a major role in the film, and in real life he fell in love with her. It led to an affair that eventually made him divorce Polly Platt, his longtime artistic collaborator, who also worked on this movie, and the mother of his two children. Some people have said the split from Polly in some ways put an end to the successful part of Peter's career.

Peter married Dorothy Stratten's sister, the 19-year-old Louise Stratten, who was 29 years younger than Peter and the gossip started again. Some saying that he was trying to make her an image of her older sister. The marriage ended in divorce in 2001.

IMO, he has issues. The Last Picture Show and What's Up Doc were great films, I liked his performance in The Sopranos, and I look forward to seeing the Tom Petty documentary, but, he is a mess.

Actually I'm curious to see it all too. Wasn't there some crime scene photos floating around at one time?
    I've seen them. I'll try to find 'em again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've seen them. I'll try to find 'em again.
    Hopefully they aren't those fake ones that Hustler put out as a joke.

I think Paul talked good game to her. He was her way out. She was not the only one who fell for it. Many others have followed over the years.
    Yeah, and not to defend sleazeball horror Snider in any way, but everyone around him was playing with fire when they pushed him to the side when he was, in fact, the person who discovered Dorothy. Hefner and these other people are arrogant and use the "little people" who discover talent. Fortunately, most of the lesser people disappear and get out of the way quietly without freaking out, but Snider was way too volatile to be handled that way. The way Hef, Peter B, and others of their "stature" simply shove other people out of their path if they aren't socially in their sphere is the way they operate. I keep thinking IF ONLY Hef or somebody could have at least made Snider think he was still part of the action in some way, all this hell would have been avoided. True, the big issue was that Dorothy was gonna leave him for Peter, but he'd been shoved to the side before that. Yeah, he was lacking in the social stature that they had, but obviously he had an eye for talent, beauty and ideas. Sad to say, there will be other Sniders in the future simply because nobody knows how to handle these guys. They should have a class at the Playboy mansion called "How To Handle A Psycho 101".....I truly do think he could have been thrown a bone or two to keep him occupied in a business sense, either working for Playboy or at some level in the adult business. Or perhaps they tried and it didn't work? My sense is that they wanted him to simply leave all of them alone while they went about getting rich from Dorothy's looks. Maybe if they'd set him up in business, just as "repayment" for bringing Dorothy to their attention, he would have met somebody else and not been so obsessed with her. Just a thought.......absolutely not excusing his disgusting actions. He was an awful person who perhaps could have been defused in some way and she'd now be alive. The mistake Hef, Peter B and others made is that not everyone can simply be told to "get lost".......

Paul was the one who created the Chippendale Dancers. Sadly he didn't want to stick around long enough to get the fame and fortune from it all...

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Paul was the one who created the Chippendale Dancers. Sadly he didn't want to stick around long enough to get the fame and fortune from it all...

I know-amazing isn't it? He came up with the shirtless with collar and cuffs on hunks, ripped off from the Playboy Bunny costume.
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 05-31-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Heavenly Tiger Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimpuck19 View Post
    There is a Wikipedia entry on it...thought there was...cannot find it now...oh well.
    I couldn't find it directly,so I found it by googling Star 80
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Stratten

Has there ever been a thread with the list of all the dead Playmates? It seems there are many who died unnatural deaths.

What do you guys think?
    There was a case of a girl who appeared in a British magazine (either Men Only or Mayfair) in, I think, 1975 who was murdered - her head was nearly severed. The killer was never caught but the police linked the murder to her appearing in the magazine because the killer left a bunch of flowers identical to a set in one of the pictures. I have seen the magazine as well as my flat mate had a copy at the time, it might be worth a bit of money now. There was something about this case in one of the national papers here in the last couple of months. I have tried googling it but I have not got enough detail. She lived in North London at the time.

Lisamarie Guest
    OOOH!! Can you find anymore info about it????

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    OOOH!! Can you find anymore info about it????
    I am trying Lisamarie, it is really bugging me because the case was mentioned again in a national newspaper within the past couple of months. Strangely enough I remember the flowers more than the girl. In one of the pictures they has been propped up beside her against something.

JestersKiss Guest

Dorothy Stratten

Dorothy Stratten

Model / Actor

Name at birth: Dorothy Ruth Hoogstraten
    Dorothy Stratten was murdered by her husband, Paul Snider, just months after she was named the 1980 Playboy Playmate of the Year. Stratten was 20 years old. She had moved to Los Angeles with Snider, after his aggressive promotion helped land her in Playboy's August 1979 issue. The two married and Stratten used her break as a model to start a career as an actress. She landed a co-starring role in the Peter Bogdanovich film They All Laughed (released in 1981, after her death), and she and Bogdanovich began a love affair. Having asked Snider for a divorce, Stratten visited him at his home on 14 August 1980, where Snider shot her dead and then killed himself. Stratten's story was told in the TV movie Death of a Centerfold (1981) and in Star 80 (1983), director Bob Fosse's last film. She was the source of a long-standing feud between Bogdanovich and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, and the subject of Bogdanovich's 1984 book The Killing of the Unicorn.
    Extra credit: Stratten and Snider were played by Mariel Hemingway and Eric Roberts in Star 80 and by Jamie Lee Curtis and Bruce Weitz in Death of a Centerfold... Bogdanovich married Stratten's half-sister Louise in 1988; they divorced in 2001.
    Other actresses who came to tragic ends include Sharon Tate, Jayne Mansfield and the so-called Black Dahlia.

RaRaRamona Guest

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post

Dorothy Stratten

Model / Actor

Name at birth: Dorothy Ruth Hoogstraten
    Dorothy Stratten was murdered by her husband, Paul Snider, just months after she was named the 1980 Playboy Playmate of the Year. Stratten was 20 years old. She had moved to Los Angeles with Snider, after his aggressive promotion helped land her in Playboy's August 1979 issue. The two married and Stratten used her break as a model to start a career as an actress. She landed a co-starring role in the Peter Bogdanovich film They All Laughed (released in 1981, after her death), and she and Bogdanovich began a love affair. Having asked Snider for a divorce, Stratten visited him at his home on 14 August 1980, where Snider shot her dead and then killed himself. Stratten's story was told in the TV movie Death of a Centerfold (1981) and in Star 80 (1983), director Bob Fosse's last film. She was the source of a long-standing feud between Bogdanovich and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, and the subject of Bogdanovich's 1984 book The Killing of the Unicorn.
    Extra credit: Stratten and Snider were played by Mariel Hemingway and Eric Roberts in Star 80 and by Jamie Lee Curtis and Bruce Weitz in Death of a Centerfold... Bogdanovich married Stratten's half-sister Louise in 1988; they divorced in 2001.
    Other actresses who came to tragic ends include Sharon Tate, Jayne Mansfield and the so-called Black Dahlia.
    Wow My mom was kinda into reading about Drothy Stratton because she remembers her murder and she read quit a few books about her. We even had her PB video when she got PMOY and we didn't have porn in our house but my Mom just thought she was so tragic. I think the quote on her tombstone is kind of odd and sounded very bitter which I guess from whoever chose it's point of view they were. Dorothy seemed so kind and full of life and willing to see good in people including her perv asshole husband. I think something that made a tribute to her life would have been more fitting.

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    Actually, Aries, Peter has done quite a bit of acting, if you look at IMDB...

The last thing I remember seeing him in, was he was Lorraine Bracco's (Dr Melfi's)therapist on the Sopranos...

By the way, I read on another thread that you lost your mom in January... So sorry for your loss... I have recently lost my mom, one of my brothers, and my sister, so I know how rough it can be...

After being on this board, I am grateful that none of them were famous, nor died under weird circumstances!!!

Susan
    Susan
    Here's his IMB he was in Soprano's. He isn't a good actor IMO.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000953/

kandykisses Guest
    The Killing of the Unicorn really slammed Hefner and is sited as one of the reasons Hef had his stroke. Peter talked about Hef's attempts to seduce and pressure Dorothy for sex and also about how he brought a puppy in for one of shoots so photogs could catch Dorothy unaware with her legs spread apart-which back in that day was still I guess taboo. Someone also wrote hefner had a beastiality fixation but I think that might have been the girl from deep throat..

Linda Lovelace?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

miz rosebud Guest
    i thought i posted this .But i just took this pic recently.and the place just gave me the creeps!!! and it was in the day time.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miz rosebud View Post
    i thought i posted this .But i just took this pic recently.and the place just gave me the creeps!!! and it was in the day time.
    Very cool picture