Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Furr View Post
    Those are some very good suggestions! Being a fan of Ghost hunters I listen to their radio show while I work and they recently did a show about this very subject. Bringing it up in this manner has her feeling your sensitivity and concern while at the same time (hopefully) the board of an issue; this is more likely to have her take your advice.
    Thanks for your input, and you are spot on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Cindy,

Wow!! You have a live one on your hands.

I would do one of two things, or maybe have to do both.

A private message telling her that although you appreciate her honestly, you are having trouble with others understanding what she is going through. Suggest that her "visit" is a private one that The "ghost" might not want her making public. Tell her Brandon would probably not like it.

Suggest that she take her story to a web site that is set up to discuss ghosts, suggesting Ghost Hunters, etc.

Or.... Pretend she is not saying all these things, and hope that her meds will kick in, or she changes the subject.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.
    I sent her a PM with the advice you gave me and she replied that she had been cursed for 15 years with hearing dead people. She just ignored my hints. Sooooo, I just flat out told her to cut it out. (She also said she didn't know what day dreaming was, and she has yet to see The Crow. Doh.

What I think is that she is an attention whore (she introduces herself on almost every single post and on the Intro thread at least 3 dang times, if not more.) I am beginning to think she is some kind of odd nice troll.

I tell you what. I do believe in ghosts. I have seen a ghost and heard one before I lost all my hearing. But I have never seen Brandon Lee's ghost. And I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIS GHOST! If he were to appear to someone it looks like it would be a family member or a friend. (Actually The Crow photographer felt Brandon's presence once, and that guy who played TinTin claims to have actually seen Brandon. Now, I don't know if what they are supposed to have seen, but I would tend to believe these guys before I'd believe some chick (sorry, SomeChick) in Poland saw him, because these two gents were for a time part of Brandon's circle. The point is if someone visits the Chateau Marmont and sees John Belushi's ghost I be more apt to believe them than I would if they said John appeared in their bedroom.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-19-2008 at 09:57 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

LOL

It's ok Cindy

Katie Guest
    Cindy,

You did what you could. You sound like you handled it as well as you could.

Unforunately, With so many people on the net, it is difficult sometimes.

I know, Katie.

I am waiting for her to up her intro and ghost posts or turn nasty, at which time I may have no other choice to ban her. We do have rules and we enforce them and thumbing a nose at an admin is one of them.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Katie Guest
    I know what you are going through. I belong to another site about cruising, and this one member has registered as three different people. He is causing all kinds of trouble.

It can be a pain, as well as disruptive.

On my website I have a Brandon Lee perpetual candlelight service. His death aniversary is March 31, and if you would like to comemorate it by putting your name or alias beneath one, just post here and I'll do it. Here's a sample candle:

And here's the page link if you'd like to go take a peek:
    http://www.starthrillerbrandonlee.co...htservice.html

Also, to mark that aniversary my Brandon and Bruce Lee forum is hosting it's 2nd annual March 31 Chat Fest. And you are very welcome to join us, don't have to registor or anything like that because the chat is not about our forum, it's about everything Brandon Lee. Here's a graphic; more details later.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    On my website I have a Brandon Lee perpetual candlelight service. His death aniversary is March 31, and if you would like to comemorate it by putting your name or alias beneath one, just post here and I'll do it. Here's a sample candle:

Also, to mark that aniversary my Brandon and Bruce Lee forum is hosting it's 2nd annual March 31 Chat Fest. And you are very welcome to join us, don't have to registor or anything like that because the chat is not about our forum, it's about everything Brandon Lee. Here's a graphic; more details later.

I'd like to do that!!

Please sign it: Smooches

Thanks cindy, you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    I'd like to do that!!

Please sign it: Smooches

Thanks cindy, you rock!
    Done!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When you have time Cindy, please add me as SomeChick. Thanks

Done.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks Cindy

Welcome, SomeChick
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The gal who keeps posting about Brandon's ghost appearing to her is now saying that Jet Li is Brandon's evil cousin.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-23-2008 at 08:22 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Now she's going to bring Brandon's ghost as her date to our chat on March 31. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    I tried adding a candle with CMS under it (btw I'm looking around the bruce and brandon forum and can't find the psycho chick your talking about)

Quote Originally Posted by CMS View Post
    I tried adding a candle with CMS under it (btw I'm looking around the bruce and brandon forum and can't find the psycho chick your talking about)
    I add the candles and I'll add one with your name under it.

I take it you're a member of the Brandon and Bruce Lee forum?

Send me a PM with your BBL forum alias and I'll send you some links she's posted.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-23-2008 at 09:16 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I tried adding a candle with CMS under it
    Done!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    Thanks!

And that chick needs to save up for some therapy me thinks

Welcome!

Me thinks too. I told my hubby about it and he said she shouldn't smoke wacky tobaccy while posting. Haaaaaaaaaaa
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KarmaKat Guest

Hi Cindy,
    Could you please add a candle for me as well when you have time. Under the name KarmaKat. Thank you so much.
    Your ghost obsessed poster most definately needs a little help. maybe you should suggest a therapist of some kind. It is sad if she trully believes these things.

We have suggested everything to her and she just can't or won't listen. I don't know whether or not she really believes that stuff or not (she also claims to be a witch), or she is just saying it to get attention.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We have suggested everything to her and she just can't or won't listen. I don't know whether or not she really believes that stuff or not (she also claims to be a witch), or she is just saying it to get attention.
    I'm getting in on this late (and uninvited!), but that chick is full of nuts! Why, of all people in the universe, would Brandon Lee "haunt" or even visit her? Judging from the Jet Li/evil cousin comment, I'd say you have a troll on your hands who is probably only going to get worse. I'd ban her, but I have short fuse, especially when it comes to entertainers I adore and people being nutty about them.

The gal who keeps posting about Brandon's ghost appearing to her is now saying that Jet Li is Brandon's evil cousin.
    No, no, no. I am Jet Li's evil cousin. Tell her to get her facts straight.

Now she's going to bring Brandon's ghost as her date to our chat on March 31. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Brandon's ghost showed up on my etchasketch today. Here's what he wrote: "Tell that woman that contrary to what she may have seen in Cheech & Chong movies, Ajax is not for snorting." Then he was gone.

I think if you let this chick into your chat, it's going to turn into a big argument. I'd say evaluate the reception she's got from other member's of your board to find your answer overall. Being different isn't a bad thing, to the contrary it can be a very good thing. But if she's just trolling or a nutjob it's time to 86 her. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    I'm getting in on this late (and uninvited!), but that chick is full of nuts! Why, of all people in the universe, would Brandon Lee "haunt" or even visit her? Judging from the Jet Li/evil cousin comment, I'd say you have a troll on your hands who is probably only going to get worse. I'd ban her, but I have short fuse, especially when it comes to entertainers I adore and people being nutty about them.
    I have a short fuse, too, but I am not the only admin over there. The thing is, she isn't nasty mean like most trolls. I sent her a formal warning yesterday, and put her on moderation view, which means her post show on approval only.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

I think if you let this chick into your chat, it's going to turn into a big argument. I'd say evaluate the reception she's got from other member's of your board to find your answer overall. Being different isn't a bad thing, to the contrary it can be a very good thing. But if she's just trolling or a nutjob it's time to 86 her. Just my opinion.
    We don't know what she is, but we think she is likely a troll or at least an attention whore. Here posts are now on approval/disapproval, and we have a secret chat room software we are going to use that night--if the software site sends the URL in time. This software has an option to check IPs and kick troublemakers off. I'll let you know how it goes down.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We had a girl (?) like that on a River Phoenix forum I'm on. She stated (numerous times - insert eyeroll here) that she was River Phoenix's cousin. Everyone just ignored her until the mods finally blocked her. I think she did come back with an alias, but we all soon figured out who she was and did the ignore/block shuffle again. When she saw she wasn't getting the attention she thought she deserved, she moved on to be someone else's problem. Hey! It may be the same chick, who knows!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Katie Guest
    I am sorry, but I have been away from the computer for several days.

Cindy,

I am going to visit as well.

I see the problem is still at it.

It might be time to pretend she is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    We had a girl (?) like that on a River Phoenix forum I'm on. She stated (numerous times - insert eyeroll here) that she was River Phoenix's cousin. Everyone just ignored her until the mods finally blocked her. I think she did come back with an alias, but we all soon figured out who she was and did the ignore/block shuffle again. When she saw she wasn't getting the attention she thought she deserved, she moved on to be someone else's problem. Hey! It may be the same chick, who knows!
    My first thought. LOL
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I am sorry, but I have been away from the computer for several days.

Cindy,

I am going to visit as well.

I see the problem is still at it.

It might be time to pretend she is not there.
    I'm for leaving her on approval/disapproval and accidentally on purpose forgetting about her. I don't call all the shots, or she would have been gone pronto.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Katie Guest
    tell her that Brandon had a stong feeling against witches.

tell her that Brandon had a stong feeling against witches.
    ROTFL
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    lol I'm the one responsible for this hassle. She's on a heath ledger forum and I asked if there were any brandon/bruce fans there and she said she was so I gave her the link. Now she's posting the same thing in the heath forum about seeing his ghost..

Well, CMS, we at the BBL appreciate all the pump we can get, especially D. LOL. Don't worry about it because it wasn't your fault. Keep giving out that link. Haaaaaa.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    I'll make sure their at least half sane when I do from now on lol

Please do. LOL Three fourths would beat the shit out of 100% nutso.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lol I'm the one responsible for this hassle. She's on a heath ledger forum and I asked if there were any brandon/bruce fans there and she said she was so I gave her the link. Now she's posting the same thing in the heath forum about seeing his ghost..
    Wow..she must be really cool if all these famous ghosts are visiting her. In a way, I feel sorry for trolls/attention whores because your life has to be seriously lacking to go out of your way to seek attention on the internet. Then again, I think it's pretty deplorable to attach yourself to a famous person you don't know..living or dead. Just keep "ignoring" her posts, she'll get bored and move on to Brad Renfro or something.

TheScoocher Guest

My wife told me about your wonderful efforts. Please sign me up. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Hi Cindy,
    Could you please add a candle for me as well when you have time. Under the name KarmaKat. Thank you so much.
    Your ghost obsessed poster most definately needs a little help. maybe you should suggest a therapist of some kind. It is sad if she trully believes these things.
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by TheScoocher View Post
    My wife told me about your wonderful efforts. Please sign me up. Thank you.
    Done!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Anyone who wants to join the Bruce and Brandon Lee forum chat fest, here are the details.
    -First, you will need JavaScript to use the chat room software. If you don't have it, you can install it for free here http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Date: Saturday, March 29, 2008

International Time lines:

U.S EST: Saturday March 29, 2008 at 8.PM.

U.S PST: Saturday March 29, 2008 at 5.P.M

Australia EST: TBA

UK: Sunday March 30, 2008 1.AM

Eastern Europe: Sunday March 30, 2008 2.AM

To check for your city's exact time line: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

-Chat room link: http://host7.parachat.com/hosted/ind...bby&width=600&

-Sign in using your FAD forum alias or whatever
    -Password: remember

Come on and join us. We don't bite unless you bite Brandon's memory.

BTW BYOB, but do not bring a ghost, please.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-26-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KarmaKat Guest
    Done!

Done!
    Thank You Cindy!

Welcome!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks for signing up hubby, Cindy

Welcome, Debbie
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

cracksumskullz Guest
    i have to say that brandon lee is a brillant actor and one of my favorites of all time...have to say the crow was his greatest piece of work also my fav movie..its a same he was taken so soon he would of been a A lister by now im sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cracksumskullz View Post
    i have to say that brandon lee is a brillant actor and one of my favorites of all time...have to say the crow was his greatest piece of work also my fav movie..its a same he was taken so soon he would of been a A lister by now im sure of it.
    I'm sure too. He had such a screen presence.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The chat last night was a rounding success! Not many showed up, but we had a good discussion and a blast, as usual. Plus, no hackers. Yay! Lol. We did have few fireworks. S, an admin, was first in, and I was second. She said just before I came someone popped in and ran. Then there was R, who was full of rumors and wouldn't back down. Wild stuff like "Brandon's death was assisted suicide; he wanted to be with his dad." She trotted out the old curse of the dragon, and on and on. She was just determined to disrupt and so S called her down and she left. A, the ghost girl, showed up, and said she would tell us about a dream later, but we told her not to, and she didn't. She greeted everyone by name, except me. Haaaaaaaaa. I have been as nice as I can tolerate to her, but she evidentaly does not like to be crossed. Tough. LOL. She didn't really cause any trouble, but she had a bad case of brain fart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KarmaKat Guest
    Wow 15 years already. I remember this like it was yesterday.
    RIP Brandon you are sadly missed.

bluebear71 Guest
    He definetly left us too soon. I absolutely loved The Crow.

Danny62 Guest
    Kind of makes you wonder what he would be doing today if he were still with us?