Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Hutchence: A New Sensation?

Why did they plant him in America?

The petals around the marker was a nice touch.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

SlippyInvader Guest
    I can't believe it's been 10 years

different kind of girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Why did they plant him in America?

The petals around the marker was a nice touch.

His mom and sister live in the US. Those petals are nice, I think so too.

10 years already...

Miss you Michael.

These are pics from his last rehearsal with INXS:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrehearsal.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	1514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrehearsal2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	1515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrehearsal3.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	1516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrehearsal6.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	1517  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastrehearsal7.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	1518  

Death Becomes Her Guest

Thumbs up

Yeah def a Shining Star different girl
    And more so for the pics of Michael.
    I dunno, in some of them he does look so troubled and yet the last one, he is right back to how I remembered him - very strange and sad.
    Shed a few tears yesterday, but had a lot of happy moments too looking over different things, photo's and reading the forums, boards etc.
    Take care

Death Becomes Her Guest
    All coming out of the woodwork now

Isn't Tiger Lily just a little stunner though - I wish her well in her life
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001-4.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	285.1 KB 
ID:	1708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002-1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	1709   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003-2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	1710  

WOW.

Gosh, now I'm wondering if it was a sex act that went terribly wrong. I was leaning on the suicide angle, but if Rhett thinks it was the auto-erotica and believes his parents went with suicide because they didn't want it to be sex related...then maybe it is? I'm curious to see if he will go ahead with this, to get the verdict overturned? I'm very curious about this woman too... I wish she'd come forward. wow. wow. wow.

Thank you for sharing this article. If you come across any more, please share those as well. Tiger's a beauty! I liked that Rhett agreed she should be with her sister's and I also found it interesting that he's had contact with Tiger all these years and the Mom says she hasn't been able to get ahold of her. Seems Mama Glassop might be leaning toward the dramatic side?

cherryghost Guest
    Mmm just as we all thought! No suprises there really, wonder how much Rhett was paid for that story!

Death Becomes Her Guest
    Last rehearsal the day before he died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kdh6...eature=related

Seemed so upbeat and happy - so sad to think a few hours later he would be gone. Maybe it was just a tragic accident - does not make it any less painful though that he should die so young.

Thanks for the video. I saw that a few days ago and posted it on my myspace.He seems to be having a good time.

cherryghost Guest
    Michael Hutchence Birthday would be tomorrow,Tuesday! I read in the paper that there is a memorial in Vaucluse at moon bay or beach where the rest of his ashes are scattered, I know someone was asking where and how many places he was scattered in! So one place is Vaucluse which is a gorgous part of the world!

It can happen

Quote Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
    How do you lose your sense of smell? That seems kind of odd..

I'm with everyone else though, auto erotic..

I have a good friend who's sister dropped her on her head when she was a young girl and she lost her sense of smell.
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kaylie Guest

dont want to live to be 40

he said that...it was in that book...and i agree with that saying......i love it! easier to od though..hehhe..

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I don't know if this is true or not but according to Bono, Michael Hutchence was in an accident and lost his sense of smell. This was especially traumatic to him as his hobby was wine-tasting. I've never heard this anywhere else though.
    He also lost his sense of taste. That would piss me off too

eclecticbohemian Guest
    Right after his death there were rumors floating around about him being murdered & how he was found was a "cover-up." I can't remember the details although I do remember Geldoff was said to have a part in it. Anyone else hear that?

I'm with the auto-erotic bunch, I think those kinds of deaths are much more common than most people realize.

ChiliGurl Guest
    I saw INXS a few times, and they were by far the BEST live musical act I've ever seen or will see in my life. I strongly feel Michael's death was strictly suicide.

When INXS did the "Rock Star" show to get a new lead singer, I was appalled. How much more money do those guys need? They had better be paying royalties to Tiger!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticbohemian View Post
    Right after his death there were rumors floating around about him being murdered & how he was found was a "cover-up." I can't remember the details although I do remember Geldoff was said to have a part in it. Anyone else hear that?
    No never did hear that!!!

The suicide theory was not taken seriously either here in Sydney most people felt it was accidental right from the start!
    Last edited by cherryghost; 05-20-2008 at 04:18 PM.

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzhands View Post
    How do you lose your sense of smell? That seems kind of odd..

I'm with everyone else though, auto erotic..
    You don't exactly loose the sense of smell you loose the connector to the brain that enables you to interpret the scent
    It isn't uncommon but is usually temporary in time new connections are made but the subtle nuances are generally lost for good.

**Jenna** Guest
    I liked INXS its sad that Michael Hutchence daughter will never know her parents,why does that Geldof guy have Tiger Lilly,why doesn't Michael or even Paula's family have her?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pammijo View Post
    I have a good friend who's sister dropped her on her head when she was a young girl and she lost her sense of smell.
    A friend of mine was roller skating at the Roxy in NYC (during "Roller Boogie" days in the 70's) and fell backwards and hit her head and lost her sense of smell and taste.

She became extremely slender because food was no longer of interest. She just ate because she had to. It made her very unhappy.

Michael Hutchence’s sister secretly sells memorabilia on eBay

http://www.topnews.in/light/michael-...ia-ebay-211019
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arrow Michael Hutchence

Any INXS fans here?

Nerak Guest
    you betcha!!

Guest Guest
    Hells yeah......... I loved Michael.........still do, always will

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    I liked INXS its sad that Michael Hutchence daughter will never know her parents,why does that Geldof guy have Tiger Lilly,why doesn't Michael or even Paula's family have her?
    Because the courts thought she would have a more stable upbringing with her 'half' sisters - its seems to have worked out okay , Bob didn't have to bring up a child that was not his - a lot of people do that .

And for what its worth I think it was accidently rip Michael you are much missed .

The other thing I have noticed most speculation on his death has come from the media - and they quite frankly can print what they want
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

Quote Originally Posted by LSF View Post
    Bob had Tiger so she could stay with her sisters, Paula's Mum was estranged from her 5 years before Paula's death and has never seen Tiger and i think Michaels family were ok with Bob raising her although i'm not 100% of the facts regarding his family and that issue i'm sure there was some stuff not long after Paula died about wanting to take Tiger but they must have backed off for Bob to have her

My sister had dinner with Bob and Paula in 85/86 time when the Live Aid was happening my sister and her partner did a Tam aid (Tamworth my town) where local bands played and it all went to the fund and she ended up having dinner with them she said they were a lovely couple and even better for my sister cos she was Boomtown Rats mad when she was young so she got to meet her idol lol

I liked Michael he was a cutie, was really surprised when he dated Kylie

ooo and the other thing you cant pick your family - does not mean you can trust them .....
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

stranger_than_strange Guest
    I was working as a runner for a main Sydney newspaper and I remember when the news broke it's like the whole building stopped for 60secs and we all just stood looking at each other, then I remember someone saying "hoax" it kind of broke the spell and we all scattered.
    I was sent to stand outside the hotel in case a reporter or photographer needed anything and it all turned into kind of a blur for me.

Personally I think there was a cover up involved because I'm sure Kym Wilson knows what really happened so I don't think it was suicide.

I loved Michael's music he was one hell of a talented man.

I'm a fan of INXS and thought Michael was the sexiest man alive , got to say reading through the articles on his death I think it was suicide , he was leaving messages saying he'd had enough. Although there is some evidence that prozac combined with drink can cause suicidal thoughts

DexterFan Guest
    So sad, I grew up listening to INXS, who would've thought..my friend and I were having a few drinks when we heard the news, we were so shattered!!! I choke up when I see pictures of Tiger Lily, she looks more and more like him the older she gets..

Mrs Tingles Guest
    So Michael's ashes are split in three is that right? Any here in Australia? The fight for custody of Tiger has been really upsetting. I heard that Michael didn't like Bob that much, and for him to have custody is a little weird. I can understand Tiger being with Bob to be close to her sisters, but i hope that Bob lets tiger see Michael's family whenever she wants. I guess when she's older she will reconnect if she wants to.

DexterFan Guest
    I think so, it's so sad that Tiger doesnt get to see his family, sure is weird the custody arrangements. I remember reading in a mag that Tiger supposedly said to Bob that Micheal was a better singer, lol..than again some of those mags print alot of crap sometimes dont they!

Cant remember the exact name of it but the book that Rhett Hutchence wrote was really interesting, worth a read.

LadyDay Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tingles View Post
    So Michael's ashes are split in three is that right? Any here in Australia? The fight for custody of Tiger has been really upsetting. I heard that Michael didn't like Bob that much, and for him to have custody is a little weird. I can understand Tiger being with Bob to be close to her sisters, but i hope that Bob lets tiger see Michael's family whenever she wants. I guess when she's older she will reconnect if she wants to.
    Kell, Michael's dad held a ceremony shortly after his death and scattered his third of the ashes over Melbourne harbour I think. Michael's mum got another third of the ashes. The other third went to Paula which she sewed into a cushion and kept. The cushion was cremated with her when she died.

With regard to Bob getting custody of Tiger, it's not so unusal. After Michael died, Paula went downhill, she attempted to kill herself by hanging herself on a door like MH. Bob had no choice but to go for full time custody of the girls which he did but Paula had access to them.

Because Bob felt she was finding it hard to cope looking after 4 kids alone at her house, he often invited Paula to stay at his place so she could spend time with the kids with his support. That's how Bob got to know Tiger pretty well and he loved he even before Paula died.

In Paula's will she asked that Tiger have no contact with MH's parents. I don't know if Bob is adhering to that or he simply doesn't like MH's mum and sister. Maybe when they brought out the book about MH which was very disparaging of Paula, Bob got the hump.

I personally worry about tiger and who is actually influencing her - I mean look at Peaches, is this Tiger's role model?

KarmaKat Guest
    In regards to Tiger Lilly I think Bob has done a wonderful job.
    Look at how many other young Celeb children her age are in the press constantly etc. She is especially at risk considering. But Bob keeps her out of the papers well. Protects her.
    All children run riot at some stage in there lives (Peaches). I can only assume Tiger is learning from this not copying.

Mrs Tingles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDay View Post
    Kell, Michael's dad held a ceremony shortly after his death and scattered his third of the ashes over Melbourne harbour I think. Michael's mum got another third of the ashes. The other third went to Paula which she sewed into a cushion and kept. The cushion was cremated with her when she died.

With regard to Bob getting custody of Tiger, it's not so unusal. After Michael died, Paula went downhill, she attempted to kill herself by hanging herself on a door like MH. Bob had no choice but to go for full time custody of the girls which he did but Paula had access to them.

Because Bob felt she was finding it hard to cope looking after 4 kids alone at her house, he often invited Paula to stay at his place so she could spend time with the kids with his support. That's how Bob got to know Tiger pretty well and he loved he even before Paula died.

In Paula's will she asked that Tiger have no contact with MH's parents. I don't know if Bob is adhering to that or he simply doesn't like MH's mum and sister. Maybe when they brought out the book about MH which was very disparaging of Paula, Bob got the hump.

I personally worry about tiger and who is actually influencing her - I mean look at Peaches, is this Tiger's role model?
    Wow, thanks for that. i had no idea Paula tried to take her own life. i wonder what michael's relationship was like with his mum and if he would have agreed with Paula's will.?? I worry about Tiger as well, but i think she'll be okay. Bob's older kids may be into drugs and stuff, but the age gap may hinder bad influences for now.

LadyDay Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tingles View Post
    Wow, thanks for that. i had no idea Paula tried to take her own life. i wonder what michael's relationship was like with his mum and if he would have agreed with Paula's will.?? I worry about Tiger as well, but i think she'll be okay. Bob's older kids may be into drugs and stuff, but the age gap may hinder bad influences for now.
    MH adored his mum and admired her. She was/is a very strong character. A few people believe Paula was jealous of his mum even before she met her because of the awe with which MH spoke of her. He would be angry that his Australian family are having so little contact with Tiger and furious that bob had custody.

I'm not a fan of Bob but he was accused of stuff that he did not do. Paula manipulated MH and got him believing all sorts about Bob, ie that bob hit her, stole her money, that Bob was trying to get custody of Tiger, tipping off newspapers without MH's knowledge.

ChiliGurl Guest

Cool Michael Hutchence

I was an INXS fan the minute I heard the album "Shabooh Shoobah". I remember exactly where I was at when I heard he'd left us.

Although it's been a little over 11 years since his death, I STILL listen to some of INXS every day.

Does anyone else think it's tacky at shit that they did the "Rockstar INXS" show? I mean, come ON....how much money do the surviving members really need?

Gah...and notice how little success they've had since INXS Version 2.0?

It's like Queen replacing Freddie with Paul Rogers. It ain't the same, kids...it just ain't the same.

Lisamarie Guest
    I didint watch it so I dont know I have been very intrested in himand the entire Paula Yates thing....and now her daughters are growing up into to crazy ass party girls...its sad..I think they where very much in love but I think Paula destroyed him with her baggage.....Paula was such a nut ..I mean the way she died with her poor kid finding her dead...thats just awful...beyond awful.But boy she had chemistry with him on that show of hers when she interviwed him and it was so hot the intrest they had for eachother ..but in the end they both died alone and unhappy....I always wonder about him ..like I wonder if the ex girlfriend still has the famouse voicemail he left her before he died....I would love to hear how he sounded was he distraught?? Was he angry? Did he kill himself or was it a jerkinoff thig.....it sad..everytime I hear his voice on the radio I have to stop and listen...he was great!! I hate to be like this but a ton of poeple hate on Bob Geldoff..but I think he was an allright guy..I mean he was right for not wanting his kids to go to Australia with them...they were both not the best parents ..he had coke in his system when he died so he was still dabbling in drugs and Paula of course overdosed.....maybe Im wrong for that..but they both seemed pretty unstable........and I think there demise speaks of both their choices in life. Sad story......

Flowergrrl Guest
    I think when the lead singer has such a major role in the band (there's something else I'm looking for and I can't think of it right now)... It's seems to be difficult for them to continue on as that band again once the singer has passed. If they can pull it off then I think it's great but, I also think it's best they start a new project rather than continuing with the old one if the singer was such a major role in the band as a whole. Does that make sense?... lol.

Like with Nirvana... After Kurt died they continued musically but as separate projects. I don't agree with them continuing with another singer because in my mind INXS was Michael Hutchence and a band. I'm not meaning that in a rude way... But, that's what I think of. I couldn't believe when I heard he died... So sad.

Lisamarie Guest
    so young and talented....so sad..what a waste.

SweetWickedHellKatEvil Guest
    Whether Michael died from auto-erotic asphyxiation or suicide, he was messing around with some awful demons. Whether it was accidentally or not, to die like the way Michael did, he probably had an underlying death wish is my guess.

It's the One Thing is my personal favorite of Michael's and Inxs.

cherryghost Guest
    Doesn't everyone have an underlying deathwish ... Really!

Or is this the wrong forum to pose that question LOL!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    he was the hotness. compelling personality that just reached right through the screen and grabbed you in the privates.

When are these guys going to move on?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...012327,00.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    Dude if it was auto erotic..he could have juts called me !!! I would have given him eh hem a hand......Im going to hell!!!!!

Andrea Guest
    I too lean towards it being the auto erotic --- or he could have just hanged himself. The fact that he was naked doesn't sound strange because his family has said he slept naked ever since his teenage years. I love INXS and have all their CDs and an autographed copy of the Dekadance LP signed by all the band members. In that last rehearsal video on youtube on the day of his death, he looks and sounds great. Re his demise, I don't think we'll ever know what happened and all we can do is speculate based upon what we've been told (and who knows what we haven't?).
    I wish I could have seen INXS live.

Andrea

MrsLayneStaley1201 Guest
    ::wipes dust::

Phew! I had to do a lot of digging to find this thread!

I can't believe it's been 12 years since Michael's passing. In the same year that Michael died (1997), I lost my grandfather. I was about seven years old and it was my first experience with death. So anyone who died around the same time, even if I didn't have any personal connections to them, it still hits me hard.

I adore Michael and can't go a day without listening to his voice. He was superb at what he did. No one can touch him. But he means more to me than just a front man or a sex symbol. He was a poet who wrote heartfelt, beautiful lyrics. He was a humanitarian who wanted people to love each other and take care of one another. That's how I choose to remember Michael Hutchence. How or why he died doesn't matter to me. I just wish he didn't.

I'm going to share some videos that I think are a fitting tribute:

A live montage of "Don't Change" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D148whcxHn8

My favorite INXS song, "Never Tear Us Apart" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01LVE...eature=related

A live version of "By My Side" -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARXDK0qEZbE

...RIP Michael <3

Good article here about his death anniversary:

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainm...1119-ios5.html

And some rare images (for sale of course) just released:

http://www.richardsimpkin.com.au/Lim...on_Prints.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NewYorkDoll Guest

Wow, what a gorgeous child.

She's getting to the age now where she will make her wants known. I hope she is blessed by being free of the demons of her parents.