Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: December 7th 1941 - Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor was a wake up and we had a president that had balls to do what we needed to do. Too bad we don't have that today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Rest in peace my brothers. You were the greatest generation
    YES.

Bidmor Guest
    Yesterday I realized today is Pearl Harbor Day. Admittedly I don't immerse myself in news all day every day but, this thread is the first mention I've seen or heard all day...all the more pity.

And the final time heretofore in US history that the President asked Congress for, and received, a state of war declaration per his Constitutional course.

Taps.

Today is the 75th Anniversary of the attack of Pearl Harbor. Take a moment and remember the thousands that lost their lives. They are still repatriating remains to this day. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...cid=spartandhp
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RIP Heroes
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Once again Yes. Always remember the loss. And Rest In Peace to the Heroes.

Taps. Tears.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Today is the 75th Anniversary of the attack of Pearl Harbor. Take a moment and remember the thousands that lost their lives. They are still repatriating remains to this day. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the...cid=spartandhp
    To take it a step further I also took the opportunity to educate my 11 year old on the subject. His school didn't even mention it. Maybe they feel 11 is too young but you are never too young to learn history in my opinion.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

I hope it is because of his age and they are not white washing history. Good for you educating your son.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    To take it a step further I also took the opportunity to educate my 11 year old on the subject. His school didn't even mention it. Maybe they feel 11 is too young but you are never too young to learn history in my opinion.
    Well said and good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    who would have guessed that the japan would rule the US economy 67 years later

facts tho. almost 10 years after you posted this...

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! - supposed to be the most accurate depiction of that day. My heart ached for the lives lost. I was also pissed at all the blunders made that day. I don't even want to know if the "blunderheads" lived or died that day. Whenever I remember Pearl Harbor, I also remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki and I just feel deep sadness. It's what keeps me leaning towards being a pacifist - of course, with all due respect to veterans and those in the armed services. I know it is a necessary evil, but I will never understand why - not deep in my heart, anyway.
    i agree with u wholeheartedly, desertangel
    Last edited by bustakita; 12-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Oh wow. How heartbreaking, but I'm glad they finally have names and proper burials.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Never Forget.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69eaa9e108d36de4183caecdcf37ba7c.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	54594  

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! - supposed to be the most accurate depiction of that day.
    Great movie. Far better than that Titanicesque love store they released some years back.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    Pearl Harbor was a wake up and we had a president that had balls to do what we needed to do. Too bad we don't have that today.
    The public didn't want a war and that's why the U.S. entered late.

The public wasn't privy to the information the administration and the War Department was, which was that the Germans intended to make war against the United States once their European campaigns were concluded. The Germans had been mulling conquering and annexing the continental United States since at least the 1890s, and were making preparations to that end during the war.

Pearl Harbor was the act of war that made my Dad join the Navy at 16. Like many young men wanting to avenge that sucker punch. Never Forget!

This why we are free. War. It's sad, but true. Otherwise we'd be speaking French or with a British accent, Spanish, German, etc.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD