Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Pictures of Celebrities While Still Alive

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    It's too bad we can't cut out that bastard of a killer out of John's photo. His face is not what I want to see. I don't even say his name

The picture of John in the coffin was taken by the National Enquirer before John's cremation. That picture effects me deeply every time I see it.
    what's going on with his ear there?

Outlier Guest
    I'm not sure what's going on there, either. Is there maybe a hand underneath holding his head?

Outlier Guest
    This is apparently one of the last photos of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson, taken on June 28, 1971, by a friend of theirs named Alain Ronay. It was published in Paris Match magazine in 1991. June 28 was a Monday. He died just five days later on July 3.

Dog Guest
    It's too bad we can't cut out that bastard of a killer out of John's photo. His face is not what I want to see. I don't even say his name

The picture of John in the coffin was taken by the National Enquirer before John's cremation. That picture effects me deeply every time I see it.
    Not to be pedantic, but he isn't in a coffin. I believe that picture was taken in the morgue at Roosevelt Hospital, he's lying on a gurney.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I was thinking the same thing KC. His face looks bloated.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Not to be pedantic, but he isn't in a coffin. I believe that picture was taken in the morgue at Roosevelt Hospital, he's lying on a gurney.
    Not 100% sure. You could be right. I have the paper from 28 yrs ago around here somewhere. I always thought the article said it was taken at the funeral home.

IrishBabe Guest
    Not 100% sure. You could be right. I have the paper from 28 yrs ago around here somewhere. I always thought the article said it was taken at the funeral home.

You might be thinking of the famous Elvis photo from his coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Correct.

Nope, it was taken at the morgue.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    The photo of Elvis in his casket was taken on the evening/night of August 17, 1977 in at Graceland in the music room by the late Billy Mann, Sr. and he was given upwards of $25,000 - $50,000 to do so.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Nope, we are talking about John Lennon's picture. I have this "death" picture here among my thousands of memoribilia items on my precious Beatles.
    Can't stand Elvis..sorry....never saw his death pic in a coffin

bunny Guest
    MY MY MY JIm is still so cute!!!! Even if he is bloated

lobosco107 Guest
    There is supposed to be a picture of a very sickly Eddie Cantor from 1962 or 1963, before he died. (Eddie Cantor died in 1964). I was in touch with his grandson for awhile, and the picture is a bad topic to bring up since some newspapers published it.

Here is a picture of Eddie Cantor that shows him older but not sure when it is from. I would say around late 1950s.
    Last edited by lobosco107; 08-05-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    This is apparently one of the last photos of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson, taken on June 28, 1971, by a friend of theirs named Alain Ronay. It was published in Paris Match magazine in 1991. June 28 was a Monday. He died just five days later on July 3.

Okay, that doesn't even really look like Jim Morrison to me (although I know it is), mainly because you never saw pictures of him smiling, ever. He was always looking broodily/sexily/poutily at the camera.

Outlier Guest
    I know what you mean. I think he must have been unguarded, thinking these were pics for a personal friend and not for press. I read that he left America during the mixing of the L.A. Woman album with a full beard, which is well documented. But he shaved it off shortly after arriving in Paris, because he hoped to not be recognized when the album came out.

Deathwish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    I know what you mean. I think he must have been unguarded, thinking these were pics for a personal friend and not for press. I read that he left America during the mixing of the L.A. Woman album with a full beard, which is well documented. But he shaved it off shortly after arriving in Paris, because he hoped to not be recognized when the album came out.

Hmmm, you'd think he's be less recognizable with a beard

These are great!

Anyone got any more?

This is the Red Hot Chili Pepper's original guitarist..This is also his last show with the band, in Oslo, Norway, he went home and died of a heroin overdose in July 1988.

radiojane Guest
    Check out this list. it's pretty cool
    http://listverse.com/history/10-fasc...ictures-taken/

I posted this one in another thread, probably not a final pic, but close. It's Alice Faye, Roberta Linn and Jane Wyman (Final for Faye I guess, she died in 98.)

This is MLK the night before he was shot

octobersky Guest
    Thanks Jane and Scuzzle. Keep them coming! I love these.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    A young woman, named Karyn Kupcinet, was murdered and her demise has gone unsolved. Here is a picture of her 4 days before she was strangled. There is a KK thread already started, possibly on pg.2 or 3.

jigsaw
    The man on her left lighting his cigarette is Andrew Prine, her then boyfriend who has always been suspected but changed with killing her. He is still alive and working in various TV shows.
    Regards,
    Mary

burgtwngrl Guest
    I would love to see a final pic of Mary Pickford I've never seen any photos of her after she started to Age.

Northern Lights Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    I would love to see a final pic of Mary Pickford I've never seen any photos of her after she started to Age.
    I don't know if this is last photo of her, but first pic in this gallery is taken shortly before her death.

http://www.jamd.com/search/q/Mary%20Pickford

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
    I don't know if this is last photo of her, but first pic in this gallery is taken shortly before her death.

http://www.jamd.com/search/q/Mary%20Pickford
    She was one of our finest Canucks!

Northern Lights Guest
    She was one of our finest Canucks!
    She was so beautiful. Even in last photos her, she looked like a true lady.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy's One View Post
    One of the last of Heath ledger during the making of movie
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" in London.

Gosh he was yummy to look at. Such a loss.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Gosh he was yummy to look at. Such a loss.

he really makes me tingle all over. i miss him terribly.

Screwtape Guest
    Wyatt Earp

This photograph was taken just two weeks before he died on January 13, 1929.

These are the only known photos of the subjects which would also make them their last photos...

Frederic Chopin

The only undisputed picture of Doc Holliday. It's his dental school graduation photo.

I am almost certain this is the last pic of Valentino before he died after his surgery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Wyatt Earp

This photograph was taken just two weeks before he died on January 13, 1929.

These are the only known photos of the subjects which would also make them their last photos...

Frederic Chopin

The only undisputed picture of Doc Holliday. It's his dental school graduation photo.

Wow, that is exactly what I expect Wyatt Earp to look like as an old man. He looks like the old West.

Outlier Guest
    Wow, that is exactly what I expect Wyatt Earp to look like as an old man. He looks like the old West.
    Based on that pic, I bet the Grim Reaper was a tad bit nervous.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    haha for sure

monroe62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Here is a last one of Marilyn Monroe. She was dead 2 days later. I ask of others not to post autopsy photos.

jigsaw
    That photo was taken about three weeks before Monroe died by Alan Grant for the August 3rd issue of LIFE Magazine in which her last interview appeared.

Below was taken July 28th at Cal-Neva Lodge in Lake Tahoe. This is one of the last known photos taken of Monroe when she was alive.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Great pic of MM and PL.

Houdini in his coffin:

Outlier Guest
    Cool Houdini pic! Never seen that before.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    That is a cool pic of Houdini in his coffin.

Layla331 Guest
    these are some great pics guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by burgtwngrl View Post
    This is a picture of Mary from 1976, when she received her honorary Oscar. I think they were among the last ever published.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Johnny Carson....

There was a picture of him taken when he was going to see The Aviator, in January of 2005. This was a few weeks before his death. It was in the New York Post on January 5, 2005. Does anyone have it?

here are some last photos:

The first one is of President James K. Polk two weeks before his death. He is dying of cholera at this time and when you view this pic, remember you are looking at a picture of a 50 year old man. He only outlived his presidency by three months.

The second is of President William McKinley 5 minutes before he was shot. He is the chap looking directly at the camera.

The third picture is Marcel Proust literally taking his last breaths.

The fourth is of Adlai Stevenson a couple of minutes before he dropped dead on a London sidewalk.

The last is of Lyndon Johnson a week before he died. Not many people remember that Lyndon grew his hair long before he croaked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001Polk.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	13362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002McKinley.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	13363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003proust.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	13364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004Adlai.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	13365  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005LBJ01-73.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	13366  
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Sorry for the poor quality, but here is Stan Laurel two weeks before he died in February 1965.

Name:	01Stan.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	13373  
    Peter the Hermit

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Two extremely rare photographs here of Arthur Rimbaud, one of the greatest and most controversial of all poets who turned his back on his writing, fame and infamy at the age of 19 and disappeared for years into the shadows of Africa until the age of 37, the year of his death when he finally returned home to France to die. These pictures are two of only four that exist of him as an adult.......

Name:	rimbaudwk5.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	13374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24.11.04.jpg.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	13375  

Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper just hours before their deaths. The cold that would kill Richie Valens is evident in that picture of him.

Name:	Moorehead01.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	13376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moorehead02.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	13377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moorehead03.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	13378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moorehead04.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	13379  

Peter the Hermit

ShatteredMirror Guest
    And just as rare as the Rimbaud pictures are these couple of photos of that tortured genius Vincent van Gogh. Discovered only in 1990, they are the only pictures of him as an adult. In one, he's the chap with the top hat on - in the other he has his back to the photographer whilst with a painter friend...

Name:	vvg4.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	13380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vvg3.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	13381  

Outlier Guest
    Wowzer. I love this thread! Keep 'em coming!

April 10/1865, 5 days before his death.

April 11/1945. He died the next day - FDR:

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Loving this thread!!! Keep up the great work guys

last known picture of Hitler - about 2 weeks before his death. He is surveying bomb damage outside his Berlin bunker:

Last edited by cash; 08-10-2009 at 06:40 PM.

I must respectfully disagree with you Cash about the date of the Lincoln photo you posted. The date you mentioned was historically ascribed to it for over a hundred years until the photographer's (Anthoney Berger) diary turned up in the 1960's and confirmed the date of the photograph as February 5, 1865. However, it was the last time that Lincoln went into a studio to have his picture taken.

The picture I am posting is the last known existing photograph of Lincoln taken from life on March 6, 1865 by Henry Warren. The reason Lincoln has a pissed off look on his face is because Warren just walked up on the south lawn of the White House and accosted Lincoln on the portico and demanded a photograph to which Lincoln amazingly acquiesed. It was in the last months of his life that Lincoln reduced his full beard to a goatee.

There were some pictures taken of Lincoln on April 12, on a Pennsylvania Avenue sidewalk, but the existing prints and negatives burned in the Chicago Fire.

You are spot on the Roosevelt picture and I have seen another picture taken that same day that shows a side view of Roosevelt writing at a table and his legs are propped up on an ottoman underneath the table. Not only is that photograph rare being one of his last, but it is one of only about a half dozen pictures existing that displays Roosevelt's leg braces. I'll hunt for that picture and post it.

Name:	000001Lincoln.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	13384  
    Last edited by MagnusDippytack; 04-01-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: More stuff.
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I must respectfully disagree with you Cash about the date of the Lincoln photo you posted. The date you mentioned was historically ascribed to it for over a hundred years until the photographer's (Anthoney Berger) diary turned up in the 1960's and confirmed the date of the photograph as February 5, 1865. However, it was the last time that Lincoln went into a studio to have his picture taken.

The picture I am posting is the last known existing photograph of Lincoln taken from life on March 6, 1865 by Henry Warren. The reason Lincoln has a pissed off look on his face is because Warren just walked up on the south lawn of the White House and accosted Lincoln on the portico and demanded a photograph to which Lincoln amazingly acquiesed. It was in the last months of his life that Lincoln reduced his full beard to a goatee.

There were some pictures taken of Lincoln on April 12, on a Pennsylvania Avenue sidewalk, but the existing prints and negatives burned in the Chicago Fire.

You are spot on the Roosevelt picture and I have seen another picture taken that same day that shows a side view of Roosevelt writing at a table and his legs are propped up on an ottoman underneath the table. Not only is that photograph rare being one of his last, but it is one of only about a half dozen pictures existing that displays Roosevelt's leg braces. I'll hunt for that picture and post it.
    upon further research, you are correct Magnus.

Albert Einstein - March 1955, died April 17/1955:

Last edited by cash; 08-10-2009 at 06:42 PM.