Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

Met Garth Brooks when he DJ'd a event at the czech hall in yukon,I think he was in college then and was a pretty nice guy,talked mostly rock and roll.Burned one with willie nelson,nice guy,did the same with tommy chong,he was nice but who isn't when they are toasted.When I was younger met John Wayne and he was pretty civil.Meeting Bruce Lee when he was kato was cool.Walter Brennan was nice.Some others too but the only a**holes I had to deal with were usually local.

Wow, this stuff is great! Some celebs I thought would be jerks turned out to be nice and some who I thought would be nice not so much. I gues you can catch anyone on a bad day.

WendyK Guest
    I met R Lee Ermy twice he was very nice, a bit of a perv though.You sould see his eyebrows they look like they are alive and are gonna eat you!He asked me and a group of friends out for drinks so we went to the bar and waited so long we left but he did eventually show up, so we were told.
    I met Dennis D Young he was ok seemed pleasant enough.
    For anyone that lives near Chicago and have listened to WLS Roe Conn show I have met him, Gary Meir, Jim johnson, Christina Filliagi, and Bill Leff they are an awsome bunch and fun to party with!!

My only celebrity encounter is talking to Craig Shoemaker, a comedian, while he had his radio show. I called in fairly frequently- enough to earn a nickname anyway, and he was always really nice. I emailed him after his show got cancelled and he emailed me back thanking me for the support and that I rocked. It was really sweet.

mrsjorgy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    My only celebrity encounter is talking to Craig Shoemaker, a comedian, while he had his radio show. I called in fairly frequently- enough to earn a nickname anyway, and he was always really nice. I emailed him after his show got cancelled and he emailed me back thanking me for the support and that I rocked. It was really sweet.
    Hi...I just noticed you're from FDL...I'm from West Bend...just thought that was kinda cool :-)

SO OFF SUBJECT...I know

Sarah the British Hag Guest
    The nicest (and probably most famous) person I have met is Tony Curtis - and he was sweetness personified - the guy that introduced me said "Don't be nervous, Tony is very gracious" and I think that's the best way to describe it. His wife (the current one) was also very friendly.

John Hurt was nice too.

This is probably more for the British people (or Americans that watch a lot of crap on BBC America!) but David Walliams of Little Britain was up his own arse. It's a pity because I totally fancied him before I met him. I've read lots of negative stuff since actually. But Matt Lucas was lovely.

mommafreak Guest
    Richard Dryfuss was really nice. Met him while working a both at Comdex. He came into our booth to check out the Sound Blaster (Creative Labs) products and I introduced him to our CEO and they talked. I gave him my business card, like he'd call.... but figured, he'd stick it in his pocket and look at it sometime later, probably wound up in the trash. No worries. My parents also met Tim Conway on a plane ride to Hawaii, they said he was really funny. I also met McLean Stevenson from MASH at Knotts Berry Farm long time ago. He was really nice and just wanting to have some of his family time. It was just a casual hello, didn't ask for his autograph.

mommafreak Guest

Richard Dryfuss, Tim Conway, McLean Stevenson

Richard Dryfuss was really nice. Met him while working a both at Comdex. He came into our booth to check out the Sound Blaster (Creative Labs) products and I introduced him to our CEO and they talked. I gave him my business card, like he'd call.... but figured, he'd stick it in his pocket and look at it sometime later, probably wound up in the trash. No worries. My parents also met Tim Conway on a plane ride to Hawaii, they said he was really funny. I also met McLean Stevenson from MASH at Knotts Berry Farm long time ago. He was really nice and just wanting to have some of his family time. It was just a casual hello, didn't ask for his autograph.

OBX Guest
    In fairness to the celebrity, it also has to do with circumstances. My wife and I won a trip through my work to a really great resort in Mexico. As we settled in by the pool, here comes Mary Lou Retton down to the pool with her sig other. Then they discuss something and he goes back into the hotel and she comes and gets a couple of lounge chairs nearby. She farts around and is just kind of getting situated and my wife is saying she wants to get her autograph for our daughter the gymnast (15 at the time). So I am like, go get it now, she won't care and the wife is "I don't want to bother her". Well, Mary Lou's guy takes a long time and she gets up and goes to get him and they meet at the hotel entrance and she rips him quietly but fervently for the whole walk back. Then they get settled, do the lotion stuff and she gets a book out and starts to read. THEN my wife gets the nerve up and goes and asks for her autograph. Mary Lou Retton looks at her and says "Fine" real cold. Signs whatever my wife took over and says something to her husband about how my wife could have come over earlier or something. I guess the bottom line is that Mary Lou Retton wouldn't make MY nice list, but on the other hand, she had some things that had pushed her buttons as well.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My ex husband worked for a music distribution company and we got a lot of concert tickets, backstage passes, VIP treatment stuff, so I had the opportunity to meet a lot of musicians.

Black Crowes: Total stoners, made no sense whatsover, lots of tension
    B.B. King: Lovely man, gave my then 5 year old son a Lucille pin, gave me a little hug when we left
    Jimmy Buffett: Funny, warm, looks like your next door neighbor
    Liz Phair: Love her music but she was very haughty
    Dixie Chicks: Nice, laugh a lot, like their fans

Those are the high points. I have also had a Very Famous Red Wing Who Is A Legend put his hand on my thigh at a car dealership I used to work at. At the time, I didn't know who the old fart was and was just insulted. I also spent the better part of a Bob Segar concert talking to Darryl Coffee and didn't know who he was, either. I just thought he was a cute guy in the next suite at the Palace.

Hank Jr was in Hot Springs at Oklawn Park our race track a few years ago. He knows how to have a good time thats for sure! I don't know if he won or not and I don't think he cared. He was just out lettin off some steam.

Begothed Guest
    JAMES BROLIN (BACK WHEN HE WAS ON MW MD)-JUST AN ASS
    LYNN ANDERSON-VERY SWEET
    HELEN REDDY-REALLY NICE
    RAY LIOTA-NICE

AND THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE..ROBERT DELEO (STP NOT THE POLITICIAN GUY)
    HE WAS SO DOWN TO EARTH! I COULDN'T SPEAK AT ALL. IT WAS BEFORE THE CONCERT STARTED AND WE WERE STANDING OUTSIDE THE AUDITORIUM WHEN THE TOUR BUSES PULLED UP. DEAN DELEO CAME OUT FIRST AND STOPPED AND SAID HELLO THEN ROBERT CAME OUT. HE CAME RIGHT UP TO US AND STARTED TALKING LIKE WE WERE NEIGHBORS. RIGHT BEFORE HE CAME OUT OF THE BUS, I HAD CRAMMED MY MOUTH WITH MILK DUDS. ALL I KEPT THINKING WAS "PLEASE GOD DON'T LET ME CHOKE ON THE DUDS". HE HUGGED ME AND POSED FOR A PICTURE WITH ME AND GAVE ME AN AUTOGRAPH. HE WAS SUPER COOL AND SUPER NICE!!

Ooh, I wanna Play!

Courtney Cox - asshole
    Ellen Degeneres - Terrific
    Anne Heche - asshole
    Dolly Parton - wonderful
    Molly Ringwald - asshole asshole asshole
    David Spade - asshole
    Jackie Stallone - nice but nuts
    Brenda Blethyn - hysterical
    Roy Scheider - genuinely interesting and nice
    John Waters - I could barely speak
    Grace Jones - I pissed her off, calling her a hermaphrodite
    Carrie Fisher - friendly, funny and a bit spastic
    Liza - OMG she is her mother
    Michael Learned - totally has her career in check, and funny nice
    Eartha Kitt - vile
    Tammy Faye Bakker - really sweet
    Jerry Springer - nice and friendly. enough
    Adam West - asshole
    Jimmy Carter - so genuine and friendly
    Ryan Seacrest - nice - didn't get the gay vibe
    Gary Coleman - asshole
    The Girls Next Door - so nice
    Dean Martin - very friendly and nice
    George Burns - again, very friendly and nice
    Roger Moore - practical joker, bizarre, and very nice.

more later, I love reading these

DeadRinger Guest
    Rob Lowe when he came to my town to film the new version of Salem's Lot- a dick

Jon English - looks like he should have dead thirty years ago, that or he is actually dead and is just a really bad embalming job - but a sweetheart

Alice Cooper - a scream

atlantis Guest
    Oh no! Rick Springfield is an ass? I heard he was nice. But everyone has their off days. I still hope to meet him one day.

I guess I've never met any celebrities. If I do, I'll run home and immediately post it here.

atlantis Guest
    Oh wait!! I forgot I met the New Kids on the Block back in 1991. I met them all at different times. Mostly meet and greet. They were nice. But I met Donnie Wahlberg at a party on their floor at their hotel. I was an older fan who was in it for *ahem* different reasons than the younger ones. He was still dressed in his concert clothes and he stunk (this was hours after the show) and he was drunker than cooter brown. He told me he liked my chest then he went to his room and passed out. His brother Mark Wahlberg was about to take a girl off to his room when she let it slip that she was 14 (but she didn't look it). He couldn't get away from her fast enough. They both make me ill now. Okay, that was my celebrity claim to fame!

alec baldwin......jerk big time
    was visiting central park on a carriage ride when the driver pointed him out - i jumped off & ran to him... in my most british voice i appologised for bothering him but said i was going home today = would it be ok for an autograph or pic,...
    well mr jerk turned around (he looked a state - yellow skin, greasy hair & looked at me like i was a piece of dirt...) & said sorry i dont do photos & went to hail a cab.
    Well mr superstar =- after being spoken to like that - i took a pic of his back so there!!!

Julian clary...very very shy & unsure of himself. Such a beautiful man.
    john cleese- met him in a london park when i was on a school trip many moons ago... he was jogging with his smaller minder. I ran up to him with my friend in our school uniforms & said excuse me sir..are you john cleese. he turned around & said yes. I asked for an autograph which he gave. I then pointed out to my school group & said would it be ok for a photo with the group. He said he might when he gets round. Well he didnt. Disappointed a lot of young school kids. Would it have hurt to just wave hello or something.... he lost a lot of fans that day...

Im sure ive met more....

jedimyndtryx Guest
    Tina Yothers - very nice
    Tyrese - super nice
    Ryan Seacrest - nice
    The Game - jerk
    Travis Barker - very nice
    Shanna Moakler - ehh
    George Lopez - very nice
    Chipper Jones - nice
    Barry Bonds - ehh
    Jack Klugman - very nice

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Grace Jones - I pissed her off, calling her a hermaphrodite
    Bahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Bahahaha!
    I loved that response!

jkshel Guest
    We were at a sav-on drugs in hollywood in 1992(?) and michelle phillips was in line in front of us buying about three or four bottles of vodka. She was dressed down of course, with no makeup and a baseball cap on. I was pretty sure it was her, then i looked at her check as she was writing it out and saw it was her. she was very cordial and nice.

Also saw Ron Pearlamn (Beauty and the Beast, Hellboy) at a stoplight. He was a total a**hole. And it was 1997-his silly show was cancellled by then-you would have thought he would have wanted to be noticed!

Another one: a friend of mine went to universal studios as a kid in the 1970's and was on the backlot tour. He was about 9 or 10 yesars old. they turned the corner and he saw the Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferigno) sitting on a bench eating a hotdog. Of course he was in his full makeup and costume--THAT'S GREAT!! (i guess even the Hulk needs to eat every once in a while!

onehunglow Guest
    [SIZE=3]I met Mrs. Clinton months before the Iowa caucus. She came to NV where I was at that time and I saw her at the University. I had no idea who she was, but she was shaking hands. I walked up to her and got within 3 feet and wanted to run. The 1st thing I noticed was her face. She had Bondo filling up the craters covered with powder. All of sudden she reached out and shook my hand and said to vote for Bill Clinton. I got nailed with a blast of bad breath that smelled like an old outhouse. I moved on and some flunky handed me a brochure on Bill. We laughed on the way back from our coffee break about this guy getting elected. [/SIZE]

smos Guest
    I was a huge fan of Robert Klein when I was in college, and had all of his albums. Over the years people had borrowed or stolen his albums from me so that I eventually had none.

I had been looking in vain to see if any were on tape (Way before CD's existed), and could not find any of them anywhere, and the original LP's were all out of print.

I somehow found out who his management company was in New York City, I think his manager's name was Rory Rosengarten, and I wrote Robert a letter telling him what a huge fan I was, and how I had lost all of his albums over the course of time, and asked if he knew where I might be able to find them.

A few weeks later, I was at work and I got a phone call. There was some woman on the phone who asked me if I was Steve Moss. I told her that I was, and she asked me to hold on.

Another voice came on and said: "Steve?... Bob Klein."

It didn't occur to me for a second or two who I was speaking with. It then dawned on me: I was speaking with Robert Klein himself.

He told me he had read my letter, and that he was flattered, and then told me to hold again for his secretary.

She came on and asked me to send them 6 blank cassette tapes, and that Robert would make copies of all his stand up performances FROM THE MASTER TAPES, and transfer them to the cassette tapes.

I was floored.

A week later, I got a large package in the mail that included all of his albums on tape, and a personally autographed photo which I proudly have on the wall in my den.

What an incredible gesture.

A couple of years later, Mr. Klein was performing at the Treehouse Comedy Club in Westport, CT, and I knocked on his dressing room door after his act. He opened the door, I introduced myself and asked him if he remembered me.

He did, was very friendly, and slapped me on the back.

What a great guy.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    I met Bob Hope in 1991 or 92 when he, Brooke Shields, Rosemary Clooney, etc were doing USO shows.

He was an a$$hole.
    [SIZE=3]Odd you would mention him - just before I got to your post I was thinking about the time a friend and I went to see Bob Hope in a show in Hawaii. In an apparent attempt to impersonate Lucy & Ethel, we went sneaking around and found the place where he was going to enter the stage. So, we made our way over to it so we could get a better look at him. I'll never forget him looking at us with this really irritated expression - kind of like we were bugs. I thought geez, what a jerk. So freaking full of his mediocre self.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Otherwise, I have a somewhat limited field of reference (and considering where I live - opportunity) when it comes to actors/celebrities. What I can list is thanks (mostly) to a Dark Shadows convention I attended in NYC. However, I'm happy to say that the rest of my encounters were positive...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins) - Reserved but very nice.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Lara Parker - (Angelique) - Also reserved but nice.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Kathryn Leigh Scott - (Josette) - Very sweet and personable.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]David Selby - (Dark Shadows/Falcon Crest) - Nice guy, personable.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]John Karlen - (Dark Shadows/Cagney & Lacey) - One of the friendliest, nicest guys you would ever want to meet. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Denise Nickerson (Dark Shadows/Willy Wonka) - Nice, fairly personable and funny.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Marie Wallace - (Dark Shadows) - Very nice, lots of showbiz antectdotes -seemed like a fun person.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Diana Millay - (Dark Shadows) - Nice but, a bit on the spacey side. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Chris Pennock - (Dark Shadows - also played Frances Farmer's abusive first husband in the film Frances) - Nice guy with an obviously well-tuned sense of humor.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Roger Davis - (Dark Shadows/Alias Smith & Jones) - Nice guy...a bit into himself but, okay.[/SIZE]

don't_axe_me Guest
    OMG...I almost forgot! I used to work for a bank in one of the the more fashionable areas of Los Angeles (OK, Bel Air). Nancy Kelly (Mother-of-Seed in "The Bad Seed")was a regular customer of mine who would actually wait for me to be available to help her. She'd sit and talk at my desk for the longest time, and I never even knew who she was, or what she had done, until several years after I last saw her. Friendly lady, but obviously, very lonely and longing for the old days when she was "a star".

meggles Guest
    I've met some, a few at the Masters, which is always a celeb haven, you just have to watch for them.

Good ones:

Bruce Willis-walked two holes with him at the Masters and NO ONE recognized him. We chatted and he slipped me an autograph, and was very funny and asked me tons of questions. This was in the moonlighting days, still had hair.

Tennessee Ernie Ford--met him at the Masters as a kid with my dad and he picked me up and kissed me! I still remember it. And he gave me a $5 bill. Not in quid pro quo, just as a friendly old dude. I hope. I don't think he did anything lewd, but you know, sometimes kids repress things....ew, now I'm grossed out.

MCHammer - used to come to all the Falcons games in the 2 legit time--very nice, sweet, would see you several times and always recognize and speak to you.

Travis Tritt - ditto above. Would always look for where we were pre-game and come over to chat.

Peter Noone - greatest story teller ever, would hang out with us after his concerts (for the young ones on here, he was with herman's hermits. I know, that doesn't tell you anything...hey, he was on American Idol last year ) great performer and wonderful guy. Would have us up to his suite, showed 'Fred and the boys" (young ones: that's his package) to a friend of mine, but even then, he did it in a nice way. With class. She said it was worth the perusal. Generous and funny, not a fake bone in his body.

James Brown - not enough adjectives to describe how nice this man was. My husband met him when he didn't have a job, and he gave him job leads. I met him originally when I had a nothing job and he told my boss (it was at a bank) to give me a raise. Had personal demons, but treated people like they were important.

Tomi Rae Brown- disliked by some, but was very warm in my contact with her. I think she and James had a weird relationship, but apparently it worked for him. She's quite pretty in person, she doesn't photograph well. She can sing, check out her myspace--that girl has some pipes.

Andre Rison--very sweet, nice, felt sorry for him getting his house burned with Lisa Left Eye. What drama.

Davy Jones - always nice to his fans, and so cute, but only came to my shoulders since i'm tall. Met him so many times, always nice. Posed for picture with me and was practically in my boobs because of the height difference, and when I thanked him, he said "dear, that was my pleasure, not yours!!" Too funny.

(what an eclectic mix!)

Sorry ones;

Evander Holyfield--told my friend to "piss off" on the sidelines at a Falcons game when he was the champ when she asked him for an autograph, then gave one to someone else. I walked up to him and told him off. I think I shocked him. He literally looked stunned. Pompous ass, also fathered lots of kids carelessly. Shame on him.

Michael Vick - even before "dog gate" I never had a pleasant experience with him in all the times I saw him. Always looked bothered and like he really didn't want to be there. Guess the true colors shone through there, eh? Buh-bye.

Frank Gifford--seemed like he was a little "too" good to talk to you. Kept looking at himself in the mirror. Or, watching for Kathie Lee in it, either way.

Randy White (Dallas Cowboys) - blew his drunk ass breath in my face during the Hall of Fame weekend, and grabbed my butt cheek. I called him a has been and a drunk. He also smelled bad. IN my single, cuter days, you might get away with grabbing my cheek if you smelled good and weren't a washed-up, smelly drunk. I mean, I had some standards.

Kenny Rogers--just a turd with feet.

Sorry that was long, I have lots of them. I suppose I want to give you the narrative as if you were there. It's my curse.
    Last edited by meggles; 10-11-2007 at 09:04 AM.

candleinthewind Guest
    BeeCee made me remember this. Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi from ST:TNG) had a signing at a bookstore in Albuquerque. The crowd was really small considering the number of Trekkies out there and I only waited about 15 minutes. She did not look like she was having a good time. He hair looked great and she was thin but not underfed in jeans and a simple sweater. Her skin however looked like rich Corinthian leather in burnt umber with spots and wrinkles. She wouldn't look at you. She said hello and signed your crap. That was it.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    BeeCee made me remember this. Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi from ST:TNG) She wouldn't look at you. She said hello and signed your crap. That was it.
    Now see this is what I don't understand. You would think someone doing personal appearances would consider what it might do for them career-wise. Anyone with that attitude may as well seek a low profile and just relax...letting everyone know you resent them will more than likely work against you in the long run.

I forgot a couple of other celebs that I kinda-sorta had an encounter with. It was way back in the 70's at the Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii (where I once worked as a tour guide - one of the more surreal times of my life to begin with). A VIP boat pulled in ahead of us and Sammy Davis Jr. & his wife got off. People on my boat were told to wait until the VIP's were inside. Most of the passengers by this time were just sitting there a tad stunned to see Sammy. I'll never forget him turning around and giving us all a very friendly wave and smile. Seemed like a sweet guy. When I got off the boat a few minutes later the driver of the VIP boat told us that Steve Lawrence (of Steve and Eadie fame) was sitting on the boat, hung over and in a bad mood - apparently had a tift with Eadie or something). I looked and there he sat with his back to the dock. That's all I saw of him. I wasn't a fan so, that was okay with me.

PurseShoeDeathHag Guest
    Phyllis Hyman - Very nice

2Pac - cool as hell

Anita Baker - first rate be-otch!

Michael Jackson - The nicest celeb I've ever met, hugged him, took pictures and everything. Say what you want, I'm a fan!

beautygirlsmom Guest
    Many years ago, while staying with my aunt, met Andy Griffith at the S&R grocery store in Manteo, NC. He was in front of me in line - barefoot with no shirt on. I said hello, he said hello back, and then when he saw me getting into my aunt's car outside, he came over and was REALLY nice. She owned a restaurant in that area for years, and apparently, he was a big fan of her lacey corn bread, and he became VERY friendly and sociable.

Saw Jerry Lewis in an airport in Greenville, NC. Didn't get to meet him, but seemed like he might be a total jerk. He was surrounded by "people" and didn't acknowledge anyone or allow anyone to get near him.

And I met Bernie Parent, goalie with the Philadelphia Flyers back in the 70's. And Orest Kindrachuck, also a Flyer. Bernie was the nicest guy, and Orest hit on me, which made him SUPER nice, since I was a 19 year old huge fan of the team at the time :-)

jesska_812 Guest
    I am such a dork, I don't even have any encounters will cool people. And I hope no one minds that I used pics. But here I go.

The rudest "celebrity" I have ever met was Michael Waltrip. What an ass.

The second rudest was Carrie Underwood. As you can see, she didn't partcularly love the fact that I asked Bo Bice to sign my boob. She was not very nice to me after this pic was taken (told you I am a dork).

Next is Kenny Rogers. OK so Kenny was cool, but completely fake for the cameras. And he wore a lot of makeup.

And lastly, the nicest celebrity I have ever met was Dale Jarrett (how do I end up meeting all of these Nascar people, I am not even a big fan???). He was extremely friendly and personable and didn't even mind when people asked if he was going to drive the UPS truck, LOL. The only time he became a little skittish is when, in this pic, I asked to put my arm around him. I was gonna goose him but figured, better not press my luck.

The end.

Sarah the British Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smos View Post
    I was a huge fan of Robert Klein when I was in college, and had all of his albums. Over the years people had borrowed or stolen his albums from me so that I eventually had none.

I had been looking in vain to see if any were on tape (Way before CD's existed), and could not find any of them anywhere, and the original LP's were all out of print.

I somehow found out who his management company was in New York City, I think his manager's name was Rory Rosengarten, and I wrote Robert a letter telling him what a huge fan I was, and how I had lost all of his albums over the course of time, and asked if he knew where I might be able to find them.

A few weeks later, I was at work and I got a phone call. There was some woman on the phone who asked me if I was Steve Moss. I told her that I was, and she asked me to hold on.

It didn't occur to me for a second or two who I was speaking with. It then dawned on me: I was speaking with Robert Klein himself.

He told me he had read my letter, and that he was flattered, and then told me to hold again for his secretary.

She came on and asked me to send them 6 blank cassette tapes, and that Robert would make copies of all his stand up performances FROM THE MASTER TAPES, and transfer them to the cassette tapes.

I was floored.

A week later, I got a large package in the mail that included all of his albums on tape, and a personally autographed photo which I proudly have on the wall in my den.

A couple of years later, Mr. Klein was performing at the Treehouse Comedy Club in Westport, CT, and I knocked on his dressing room door after his act. He opened the door, I introduced myself and asked him if he remembered me.

What a great guy.
    That is such a lovely story - I feel all warm and smily!

JeffD Guest
    Robert Klein: Nice Man.

34. 10-11-2007, 03:10 PM

alexmack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Nicest- Ellen Travolta, Janis Ian, Loretta Lynn
    Meanest-Dennis Quaid
    What about Dennis made you feel that way?

a lady who worked at the record store also worked at bmi or ascap,so this is a as-told-to-story. many years ago]so they couldda changed] but she said garth brooks came through bmi,after he made it big[he had visited before he made it big] and introduced his 1st wife to everyone in the place,and had REMEMBERED EVERYBODYS NAME. might be a trick,but it endeared him to them all.

otoh,billy ray cyrus was hot at the time. his performance was so sickening i don't care to type it.

only celeb I ever met was mick avory of the kinks. we partied like rock stars,i guess you could say.

alexmack Guest
    Eddie Money: Very tall, very nice
    Davey Jones: Very short, very nice
    Lorna Luft: Very short, very sweet, very much like her mother
    Jordan Knight: Very nice, but my "Gay-Dar" went off (No offence)
    Milton Burle: He had so many liver spots on his face.
    Henry Gibson: Very sweet
    Bernadette Peters: Tiny and nice
    Noah Wylie: YUM YUM!!

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Hmm. Years ago I met Jan Michael Vincent in Colorado before he became a corpse. Very nice, cordial. A bit on the shy side.

Met Ted Kennedy. Post-Chappaquiddick. Big guy. Phoney politician.

Sat on a plane next to Robert Redford. Didn't realize it was him until we were landing. Didn't talk much but what he said was pleasant enough.

Saw Tug McGraw at the Philadelphia airport. Hillbilly-ish. Tight, tight dark jeans with a sharp crease and cowboy boots. His hair was sprayed beyond anything human. Fans were asking him for his autograph. He obliged but didn't look at them.

Saw Burt Bacharach at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Didn't say anything to him but his smile was full wattage false teeth.

On a side note I really like reading the story about Robert Klein. I saw him in concert many years ago and he was great. Some things never change.

I should have put Jan Michael Vincent in the next celebrity to die thread. The last time I saw him he guested on the Howard Stern show. To say he looked rough would be an understatment. Dude has major drinking problems.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smos View Post

I was floored.

What a great guy.
    Wow that's so cool isn't it nice to find out someone you idolize is just as great as they seem?

knothere Guest
    jesska 812 i wish more ppl wood post pics

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    • Nicest: Holly Madison and Hugh Hefner
    • Meanest: Kendra Wilkinson,Cristal Camden (if you call her a celeb), Dennis Quaid Oh My Lord is he an ass whole.

JeffD Guest
    Dennis Quaid

OK, his name keeps coming up. What's the deal? Please elaborate. Details. Thanks.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    I saw him at some fashion event and my friend donated to a charity for a meet and greet with him. We were introduced to him and he said Oh God and turned around walked the other way. She WAS his biggest fan, seriously she loved him. Sad Shit.

Nik Guest
    Oh, how could i forget? Mia Farrow.

I was working as a cashier in a supermarket, and I must have been 17 or so. She was a very courteous customer (and I always feel you can tell quite a bit about someone's personality, depending on the way they treat people in a lowly service position). I never on that I knew who she was. Some of her adopted kids have worked/work there even though they're disabled.

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanBoyGirl View Post
    I saw him at some fashion event and my friend donated to a charity for a meet and greet with him. We were introduced to him and he said Oh God and turned around walked the other way. She WAS his biggest fan, seriously she loved him. Sad Shit.
    That really sucks. Two ladies I worked with years ago had a similar experience with Dean Martin jr. They were in the same restaurant, dressed nice, and saw Dino. They walked over to say hi and ask for an autograph. He said something to the effect "why don't sluts like you just take off". Not nice.

jlhist64 Guest
    Nice celebrities are/were that I met - Marie Osmond (had a big crush on her as a teenager), when I met her she was just as gorgeous and sexy and nice as I thought
    George Strait- Nice guy, was patient and kind to fans in line to get his autograph and a picture
    Richard Petty- AWESOME guy, patient, funny, and even gave out soda, water, and pizza to people in line waiting for his autograph
    Clint Eastwood-met him when I was a teenager in Carson City, NV while he was filming "Honkeytonk Man". He was genuinely nice and signed a great picture of him from "two mules for sister sara"....

GENUINE JERKS....
    Tom Clancy- El JERKO SUPREMO !!! Rude, arrogant, and a first class a**hole...Rude to fans, people who waited on him...
    Shannon Duagherty-Yes it's true...believe it or not she was a first class beyotch to people who wanted her autograph at a promotion party...

OBX Guest
    When I was young (20's) I saw this lady a little older than me in the airport in Richmond, VA. I went over and asked if I knew her as she looked so familiar. She said I might have seen her on TV, so I'm thinking local TV and asked her if she was the Romper Room lady.

She didn't bat an eye and said no, she was Eileen Fulton from As the World Turns. She talked to me for a few minutes as nice as can be and when I turned around to go back to my seat, I was amazed at the crowd that had formed to get to her. She was there on her on vacation with her husband and he was getting a rental vehicle. She was so gracious, you would never get any "star" vibe at all.

I have heard that the soap opera stars are much more appreciative of their fans than your other Hollywood types, I am curious if this is true.

OBX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanBoyGirl View Post
    I hate reading this. So this lady actually gave a special donation and then he pulled that crap. I feel really bad for her.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    I have heard that the soap opera stars are much more appreciative of their fans than your other Hollywood types, I am curious if this is true.
    [SIZE=3]Well, if you count Dark Shadows as a soap -which, I don't exactly even though it was "Daytime TV" - then I would say a definite YES to that based on my experiences and what I've gleaned from others over the past several years.[/SIZE]

mommafreak Guest
    Sat in frist class with Reggie Jackson in front of me, about 15 years ago. What a jerk. Signed a picture but looked more bothered by it.