Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112 LastLast

Thread: Roman Polanski

pwem Guest
    Oh he does. No doubt about that. My favourite one is The Tenant. I don't believe I have ever been so creeped out by a film. It was like his true self was coming out.

Just poking my head in, a la Laugh-In, to say: Ew. That is all.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

pwem Guest
    Veeeeeddy interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    After watching several documentaries about his case, I was left with the opinion that the court wants to dispose of this case, but will not do so without him appearing in person. He needs to grow a pair and just show up. The jails are already overcrowded and they don't want an old man taking up space, but they must not be made to look like fools or give the impression that they're just willing to drop the case simply because so much time has gone by and he has a lot of money. This could have been done decades ago had he just been a man and taken care of his business. I personally am sick and tired of hearing about this old pervert. LOL
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

At the age of 81, I see no point as to why he would want to come back. His directing days are pretty much over.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    We need to send Dog the bounty hunter and his tits in the guise of a woman named Beth over there to get him. The Mullet and Boobs never fail.

He raped a 13 year old girl. Fuck him. Rot in France dirtbag.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He raped a 13 year old girl. Fuck him. Rot in France dirtbag.
    He's scum allright. I remember when he got a standing ovation when he won the Oscar for The Pianist, one of Hollywood's finest moments.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

and we all know what a high standard of moral turpitude hollyweird is.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    We need to send Dog the bounty hunter and his tits in the guise of a woman named Beth over there to get him. The Mullet and Boobs never fail.
    lol you crack me up. I love Dog's tool belt. He carries an awful lot of kit, far more than the cops do. Gotta look the part!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    lol you crack me up. I love Dog's tool belt. He carries an awful lot of kit, far more than the cops do. Gotta look the part!
    Heh Thanks. In all seriousness he's scum

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    He's scum allright. I remember when he got a standing ovation when he won the Oscar for The Pianist, one of Hollywood's finest moments.
    I remember that too. Made me friggin sick. Even in Hollywood how does a convicted child rapist get a standing ovation?

I have yet to read anything so far, but me thinks Dershowitz will use his past to get sympathy for the old guy. His childhood in war torn Poland, the horrific murder of his wife and their friends. A little thing like rape is nothing to what he has endured. Hollywood will be in his corner on this, and that makes me fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have yet to read anything so far, but me thinks Dershowitz will use his past to get sympathy for the old guy. His childhood in war torn Poland, the horrific murder of his wife and their friends. A little thing like rape is nothing to what he has endured. Hollywood will be in his corner on this, and that makes me fucking sick.
    Well that card has been played out. There is nothing left but for him to Man Up. If he can't do that, he can die where he is and not bother coming to the US.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

He will pull out that card as a last resort.. lawyers ! I doubt he will man up, he's to arrogant. So yeah, your right he can die where he's lived for the last 30+ years.

Listened to an interview on the radio with Angelica Houston the other day. When asked about Jack, Roman and the lady involved and what went on up there, she was pretty ambivalent about it. Methinks a LOT of people there in Hollywood are in the same boat.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

17. 12-21-2014, 04:15 AM

I agree, brilliant director. I was watching an interview from last year, and when he talked of Sharon you could see the deep sadness in his eyes. It's probably the only time I've seen him look completely lost when he spoke about her. His emotions were very raw. Horrific as that was for him, it in no way excuses him for the choices he made after her death.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-21-2014 at 05:01 PM.

He stuck his pecker in a 13 year old Girl. Everything else has become moot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    ---I'm not buying it. And quite frankly she shouldn't be selling it. I do not believe this for one second.

I'm not saying it couldn't have happened. I am saying I don't believe this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Sad that he will never be prosecuted.

ETA: I wonder how long it would have taken Sharon Tate to figure out what an ass and pervert he is, if she had lived.
    To play devils advocate, I've often wondered if her killing contributed to the sexual compulsions. I'm not excusing him, but sex is so primal & at least to me, life affirming. I can see how someone would go off the deep end & use sex as a coping mechanism... Never mind that rape is about control. One hell of a life given all that's happened to one man. He has issues either way, but I had to throw that out there.

Very interesting view, but he was having sex with everyone prior to meeting Sharon. His marriage to her changed nothing, he continued to see other women, it was just the way he was. It had nothing to do with her personally. She would have tired of his infidelities had she lived, she would have divorced him. I don't excuse what he did, but the one thing that has always bothers me about the case is why was this girls mother not with her. She had to have known of his reputation with women in general. I've read other articles that say mother and daughter are not as innocent as they would like you to believe. Who knows.

There's a difference between promiscuity and raping a child. I really am of the belief that there could have been some trigger that lay within her death. I mean, even if he was f*cking around, one can do that and still love their spouse. To have them murdered while you're overseas AND fucking around? From everything I've seen/read, I do think Roman blamed himself. Even now when he's mentioned it, he has this look in his eyes that genuinely haunts me. I don't think he's unaffected by any means.

I guess it's obvious that I don't think Roman is evil in the sense that many on here do. Let me be clear though —I don't want that to be confused as supporting his actions. I don't. With that said (pure speculation) you look at the man's entire life. The holocaust, what he saw as a young child, his mother dies, father leaves him with relatives after he marries another woman, he feels that father betrayed his mother (see- Roman Polanski: A Film Memoir) Wife is murdered, baby is murdered... It's like a bad joke. Plenty of people have awful childhoods and don't rape anyone, but I also think that there comes a point where someone is going to snap. In Roman's case, I don't think it was the rape itself that was his 'snap' but the man is haunted. That much is clear when one looks at him. Even when he's being fairly lighthearted, he's dark. I have compassion for him, as I would for anyone who's had the life he's had. I can condemn his actions, but that doesn't take away my compassion for the wounds that are there.

As far as SG and her mum... I blame the mother almost as much, though in a different way, from Polanski. She was a stage mom (have reasonably credible info from a friend who's been in the industry for years) and IMHO, her kid was her meal ticket. Or so she thought. I hold Polanski responsible for what he did, don't get me wrong, but the mother absolutely failed that girl. My former (almost) stepdaughter is a child model/actress who's currently around the same age. She's never allowed on any set without her parent or guardian also present. Neither her father, mother or myself would have even dreamed of sending her to a shoot without one of us being there. She's a talented girl, surprisingly innocent for growing up in this town but those of us around her are extremely protective. Her childhood is far more important than early fame.

Some things to consider.

Amplifying the case against him are the facts that he drugged the girl and that he skipped out before the sentencing.

Mitigating in his favor are the facts that the judge in the case reneged on a plea deal that the prosecution and defense had agreed upon, that he hasn't reoffended in 40 years, and that the victim wants the charge dropped.

I don't see why he's fighting the case anyway. He's old and all he needs to do is stay in France for his remaining years.

The cops have surely got other things to expend their limited resources on.

I agree with you on so many points, and like you I hold him responsible for his actions. As for her mother, she absolutely failed on all counts. It's a question of he said/she said, none of us were there, so who knows what the mother told her to do or not do. Was she trying to please the mother ? Again what Polanski did was WRONG, she might have come across as mature looking ,but she was still 13. This is a case that can be argued forever. That's a problem I think a lot of people have, I remember being in school at that age and meeting girls that knew exactly what was going on. Was she one of those girls ? I think the mother used her, and when things didn't pan out for them as she planned she turned the tables on him. He fucked up for sure, but so did the mother.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    Some things to consider.

Amplifying the case against him are the facts that he drugged the girl and that he skipped out before the sentencing.

Mitigating in his favor are the facts that the judge in the case reneged on a plea deal that the prosecution and defense had agreed upon, that he hasn't reoffended in 40 years, and that the victim wants the charge dropped.

I don't see why he's fighting the case anyway. He's old and all he needs to do is stay in France for his remaining years.

The cops have surely got other things to expend their limited resources on.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...abused-me.html

Anyone that believes a pedophile only molests once is, well, let's go with naive.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaqhfilly View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...abused-me.html

Anyone that believes a pedophile only molests once is, well, let's go with naive.
    So we should assume without evidence that he's done it again and punish him accordingly?

I'm sure he didn't stop. Of course in France they applaud having sex with children.

I'm sure he didn't stop. Of course in France they applaud having sex with children.
    My parents told me never to accept rides from people who are sure of things with no evidence. I've always found it to be good advice.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 12-24-2014 at 04:05 AM.

My parents told me never to accept rides with people who are sure of things with no evidence. I've always found it to be good advice.
    lol Well check out the Cosby thread. I'm obviously not the type to convict with no evidence. You can look at patterns of behavior and make some pretty accurate assumptions about them. I mean that's what psychological profiles are all about and they are eerily accurate most of the time. Of course you can't be 100% sure he fucked another child, but the odds are pretty good he did. I mean if someone put a gun to your head and said you have 5 seconds to choose one; Polanski did or didn't have sex with another child after the one he got caught for. Knowing what you know what would you choose? I know where I'd place my bet.

lol Well check out the Cosby thread. I'm obviously not the type to convict with no evidence. You can look at patterns of behavior and make some pretty accurate assumptions about them. I mean that's what psychological profiles are all about and they are eerily accurate most of the time. Of course you can't be 100% sure he fucked another child, but the odds are pretty good he did. I mean if someone put a gun to your head and said you have 5 seconds to choose one; Polanski did or didn't have sex with another child after the one he got caught for. Knowing what you know what would you choose? I know where I'd place my bet.
    Do you have any evidence that the odds are pretty good?

Do you have any evidence that the odds are pretty good?
    Yes. There's mountains of evidence that child rapists don't stop raping children. It's the interwebz. Go do some googling and investigate for yourself. Of course I thought this was common knowledge.

At least one came forward, Charlotte Lewis said he molested her when she was 16.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_576800.html

Of course that SOB will continue to get a pass from Hollywood, and no doubt another standing ovation if any more Oscars come his way.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

This dirtbag is like a cockroach ya just can't seem to squish.

I'm not surprised. From other articles I've read it seems that they can't be bothered. He will always be Roman Polanski .. director and rapist.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-02-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

he wants back in the USA to settle child rape case

http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/16/roman-...le-child-rape/

Probably because his daughter Morgane has been spending some time in the States as of late. She would like to try her hand at Hollywood and see what happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3fddac91341244796c0329ce593b6915.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	54182  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Ughhhhh - he so disgusts me.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

more women coming forward claiming sexual assault many years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ex-crimes.html

I don't think he will ever set foot in the U.S. again. What gets me is all these other directors, producers etc. who support him. I imagine they all have something to hide themselves... the dirty buggers.

I don't think he will ever set foot in the U.S. again. What gets me is all these other directors, producers etc. who support him. I imagine they all have something to hide themselves... the dirty buggers.
    That and money. It's surprising what ppl will forgive if it earns for them even if it's someone in their own family that is caught up in it. I can't remember who it was that said it but there was a quote from some hollywood big wig a few years back along the lines of it doesn't matter how disgusting the things you can imagine, the truth about Hollywood is 100% worse.

Motion Picture Academy Expels Bill Cosby And Roman Polanski

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0ab5c3d634416

Wow, not one of the articles about the expulsion that I read today pointed out that Roman won the Best Director Oscar in 2003.

Hence his standing ovation because he didn't dare come to LA to accept the award in person.

Glad to see the change in attitude against Hollywood pedophiles, even if it took 15 years.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Just Cosby and Polanski ? The Academy really needs to clean their house, there are a lot more they can boot out.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 05-03-2018 at 01:28 PM.

I would say you are absolutely right. As time passes, more of their dirty little secrets come to light.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Wow, not one of the articles about the expulsion that I read today pointed out that Roman won the Best Director Oscar in 2003.

Hence his standing ovation because he didn't dare come to LA to accept the award in person.

Glad to see the change in attitude against Hollywood pedophiles, even if it took 15 years.
    I've seen no change in Hollywood where pedophiles are concerned. Throwing an old man under the bus that is never going to have to account for his actions isn't really impressive to me.

Has anyone seen that recent photo of Roman Polanski and his victim Samantha Geimer reuniting in Europe? I guess Samantha really wanted to prove her point that she wants the charges against him dropped. Roman is 89 and will be 90 in August he is a elderly man now. This is Sharon Tate related news even though this happened years after her murder and Roman was her husband and father of her unborn son that died with his mother Sharon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00-t3qW410riPYfMtY6Cv0CYvPgRtyYvcVP3WEo_7QwHQbelRa_ZJV3K06vU2XSLQ7nKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	55543  

Robert, I moved your post here as it's about Roman, and his victim, not about Roman and Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Has anyone seen that recent photo of Roman Polanski and his victim Samantha Geimer reuniting in Europe? I guess Samantha really wanted to prove her point that she wants the charges against him dropped. Roman is 89 and will be 90 in August he is a elderly man now. This is Sharon Tate related news even though this happened years after her murder and Roman was her husband and father of her unborn son that died with his mother Sharon
    .Roman Polanski is a big time jerk who should be in jail.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

He will be 90 next month, I forgot he was almost 10 yrs. older then Sharon who would be 80 now.

What is also staggering, Mansfield is that Sharon and Roaman's baby would have turned 54 this year, if Sharon had not of been murdered.