Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112

Thread: Stephen King

Couldn't get into Dreamcatcher or Insomnia or Duma Key. I haven't read ll/22/63 or any of his recent stuff.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    I tried very hary to read Dreamcatcher, but my attention would wander off. Never had that problem with King. I read that the books after his accident were not as good cause he stopped the coke and drinking.

Dreamcatcher and Insomnia are worth a read. They're just slow to get going, unlike his earlier works that'd grab ya from the get-go. Like Bag of Bones was to me. Finished it. But wasn't into it until about a quarter of the way in. Being King, I give him leeway I won't give other authors like that. If it didn't interest me by then, I'd have put it down and moved on.

Has anybody read 'Doctor Sleep', the sequel to 'The Shining'? Danny is grown up, and has lots of problems... My husband and I were listening to the 'Audio Books' version of it on the way to Los Vegas, and that's about as far as I got. HuZ listened to it later and liked it. I prefer reading things like that, but Audio Books is cool for long rides.

human Guest
    ^ might check that out ... not exactly a big fan but i quite liked The Shining

Little Chief Guest
    Tried to read Insomnia, couldn't get through it.

I never could either.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When I was visiting my sister in Vancouver WA, I went along with my B-I-L when he went skiing. We drove past a turn on to another road. He says, oh yeah, the hotel from The Shining is up that road. They make it look so far away, but it's just a few miles up that way. I got all excited... Really? I'd love to see that! He says, OK, I'll take you up there on the way back. So, he skis, I sit in the lodge reading, then we leave to go home. We're driving and driving... Finally I say... Shouldn't we be near that road to go see the Shining hotel? He says... Oh, I thought you'd want to go back a different way. There is a waterfall you can see from the freeway which is very cool. What? My fault I guess... I just didn't act as excited as I should have...

navallint Guest
    Bummer, Hids. I'd love to visit that place.

I really wanted to see that hotel! That whole trip was a 'miss'. I was counting the days til I could leave. Terrible way to feel about spending time with your family!

The first episode of mini-series for 'IT' scared the tar out of me. They should show that again.

[QUOTE=Hidium;1508498]I really wanted to see that hotel! That whole trip was a 'miss'. I was counting the days til I could leave. Terrible way to feel about spending time with your family!

Hidz, trust me, you are not the only one that hasn't had a blast spending time with extended family. Tim Curry as Penntwise is what made that mini-series. I have the DVD. It will be in our Halloween rotation.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I loved Pet Cemetery, Needful Things, Christine and IT. What am I saying I love most of them, he's an awesome writer

The sequel to IT is projected for release in August 2019
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The sequel to IT is projected for release in August 2019
    I can't wait to find out who the grown-up versions of the kids are gonna be. Jessica Chastain is more or less a given for Bev but there haven't been many names suggested for the guys.

I can't wait either. I'll have to wait to even see it until it comes out on amazon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

IT was a good and engrossing adaptation of his, but an even better one, imo, was Salem’s Lot, which was the scariest tv movie I’ve ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    IT was a good and engrossing adaptation of his, but an even better one, imo, was Salem’s Lot, which was the scariest tv movie I’ve ever experienced.
    I absolutely agree.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It will be female this time. Her name is She-it.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Female, agreed, but Itshe, a former clowness driven to madness by a terribly itchy skin disease caused by non-EPA makeup, forcing her to wear masks, foremost among them being of one Donald J. Trump Esquire, in which disguise she shoves a lump of hot coal down the throat of her first victim, a climate-change denier.

Trivia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/trivia

• Tim Curry was asked to reprise the part but turned it down.
    • Bill Skarsgård (IT) was worried about scaring the kids, but he said they were very professional
    • Sophia Lillis (Bev) laughed at IT the first time she saw Bill in character
    • 27 is a number which is often associated with this story. This film was released 27 years after the original 1990 television mini-series. In the book, it is mentioned that "It" returns to Derry approximately every 27 years. Jonathan Brandis, who played young Bill in the original film, died at 27 years old. This movie was released one month after Bill Skarsgård(Pennywise) 27th birthday. The official US release date is 9/8/2017. 9+8+2+0+1+7 = 27. The second film will be released on 9/6/2019. 9+6+2+0+1+9=27
    • The Duffer Brothers originally wanted to direct the movie, but were overlooked as they were not "established" enough. They went on to create Stranger Things (2016), which co-stars Finn Wolfhard (Richie) and pays homage to Stephen King. They also worked with Alexander Skarsgård, brother of Bill Skarsgård (Pennywise), on their debut feature film Hidden (2015).
    • Bill Skarsgård (IT) has agreed to reprise his role in the sequel
    • Because Bill Skarsgård (IT) has a fear of clowns no mirrors were allowed on the sets
    • A fan suggested that the original adult gang be brought back for the sequel.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-26-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I must admit, however, that your choice would make for better promotional possibilities:

Stormy Daniels is She-it, a nightmare in your face, in your... AAAAAAAAAAA!

I must admit, however, that your choice would make for better promotional possibilities:

Stormy Daniels is She-it, a nightmare in your face, in your... AAAAAAAAAAA!
    Don't spout politics in non political threads, please.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Don't spout politics in non political threads, please.
    Really?

Really?
    Really. Drop it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Insensitive post deleted
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 03-27-2018 at 09:18 PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/trivia

• Tim Curry was asked to reprise the part but turned it down.
    • Bill Skarsgård (IT) was worried about scaring the kids, but he said they were very professional
    • Sophia Lillis (Bev) laughed at IT the first time she saw Bill in character
    • 27 is a number which is often associated with this story. This film was released 27 years after the original 1990 television mini-series. In the book, it is mentioned that "It" returns to Derry approximately every 27 years. Jonathan Brandis, who played young Bill in the original film, died at 27 years old. This movie was released one month after Bill Skarsgård(Pennywise) 27th birthday. The official US release date is 9/8/2017. 9+8+2+0+1+7 = 27. The second film will be released on 9/6/2019. 9+6+2+0+1+9=27
    • The Duffer Brothers originally wanted to direct the movie, but were overlooked as they were not "established" enough. They went on to create Stranger Things (2016), which co-stars Finn Wolfhard (Richie) and pays homage to Stephen King. They also worked with Alexander Skarsgård, brother of Bill Skarsgård (Pennywise), on their debut feature film Hidden (2015).
    • Bill Skarsgård (IT) has agreed to reprise his role in the sequel
    • Because Bill Skarsgård (IT) has a fear of clowns no mirrors were allowed on the sets
    • A fan suggested that the original adult gang be brought back for the sequel.
    Something to add is Will Poulter was supposed to be Pennywise but decided he didn't want to do it as it was too disturbing.

I didn't know about the mirror fact but Bill did say in a few interviews that he worried about the film taking its toll on the kids but in the end they were fine and he was the one who got affected to the point he couldn't sleep for a while afterwards.

Also, there was a rumour going around that they might put the scene where Penny eats the baby in the sequel but it is reportedly so gut-wrenching it might never be shown.

[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

GOD IS NOT DEAD

GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's a cool find.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Still he looks more sane then the other: steve King(The congressman from Iowa)
    who is a crazy rightwing jerk.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.