Page 1 of 56 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weirdness of WalMart

RoRo Guest

The Weirdness of WalMart

This just pisses me right the F off!!!!
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/25/wal...tle/index.html

RaRaRamona Guest
    I read that earlier & my main question is why do they keep telling her he's dead?!? Just let her be happy thinking he's okay.

RoRo Guest
    oh I agree....the poor woman would never know if they just said he is doing great and she wouldn't have to relive that pain over and over

gleemonex Guest
    I hate Wal-Mart and up until this story came out, I kept my visits there to a bare minimum. My SIL's sister actually informed me that Wal-Mart donates to the Republican campaign and introduced me to buyblue.org at the same time. After I first read about this poor woman, I banned Wal-Mart entirely. I'm holding out for Target, which should be completed by 2009 here.

I do agree, why tell the poor woman over and over that her son is dead? It's not like she remembers, so they could easily tell her something like "Oh, he called the other day but you were asleep. He said to tell you he loves you."

lisalouver Guest
    Fucking asshats.

I have not shopped at WalMart in about 5 years.

MbalmR Guest
    Some health plan those fuckers are offering their "associates:"

"Under our plan, we'll pay for your medical expenses, but it's just a loan." What's next? "Also, upon your death, if you had a liver transplant, we'll be wanting that organ back too." Real nice.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    That settles it....I'll never shop wal mart again. I'll drive the extra 45 minutes to Target or wherever the fuck I have to.

I'm not defending Walmart- but I have seen this happen- our health insurance does the same thing.

This summer while on maternity leave, I dislocated my kneecap getting into my car. I didn't hit it against anything, it just happened. I went to urgent care, and then to the knee people, ended up in a brace for a month and then some physical therapy. Should have been end of story since my deductible was already paid for the year.

Nope.

I get a letter from my health insurance wanting my auto insurance details because if there was a settlement from them for this, they wanted to recoup their losses. They wouldn't take my word for it that there was no settlement and that I didn't bother contacting my auto insurance because there was no reason to. My car was not at fault for my injury- it just happened. They had to contact my auto insurance anyway.

Bunch of dumb fucks.

Does Walmart do their own health insurance or do they have a carrier?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Jazbabee Guest
    There is jusy NO excuse ! I already couldn't stand WalMart, and this just clinches the amount of contempt I feel for that company.

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I'm not defending Walmart- but I have seen this happen- our health insurance does the same thing.

This summer while on maternity leave, I dislocated my kneecap getting into my car. I didn't hit it against anything, it just happened. I went to urgent care, and then to the knee people, ended up in a brace for a month and then some physical therapy. Should have been end of story since my deductible was already paid for the year.

Nope.

I get a letter from my health insurance wanting my auto insurance details because if there was a settlement from them for this, they wanted to recoup their losses. They wouldn't take my word for it that there was no settlement and that I didn't bother contacting my auto insurance because there was no reason to. My car was not at fault for my injury- it just happened. They had to contact my auto insurance anyway.

Bunch of dumb fucks.

Does Walmart do their own health insurance or do they have a carrier?
    I,m not sure if Wal-Mart own's the insurance co.,but their workers comp carrier is "Sedgwick-walmart" which is company owened and they suck! If you really want the "Down low" on Walmart look for the Documentary "Wal-Mart the high price of low cost" it's on cable every so often. You wouldn't believe what this Mega Giant in retail can do and get away with to their workers who struggle to make ends meet. In one year alone,the "President" of Walmart made over $27,000,000. in salary!

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I read that earlier & my main question is why do they keep telling her he's dead?!? Just let her be happy thinking he's okay.
    I don't get why they are continually telling her that he is dead. Is it some sort of a sick test from day to day to see if she can remember something?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    I,m not sure if Wal-Mart own's the insurance co.,but their workers comp carrier is "Sedgwick-walmart" which is company owened and they suck! If you really want the "Down low" on Walmart look for the Documentary "Wal-Mart the high price of low cost" it's on cable every so often. You wouldn't believe what this Mega Giant in retail can do and get away with to their workers who struggle to make ends meet. In one year alone,the "President" of Walmart made over $27,000,000. in salary!
    Yes that's a crazy salary but I know people who work there & they love it. No one is forcing them to work there. When WM builds a new store there are reportedly thousands who show up for employment. They give a LOT back to the community. When there is a bad situation they are the first to give with the deepest pockets. They do a lot of good & give back to the community. Most corporations are bad in some ways. How about the oil record salaries? Now there's a frakin rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I don't get why they are continually telling her that he is dead. Is it some sort of a sick test from day to day to see if she can remember something?
    Yes that is like a sick joke. I think they would all be happier just humoring her. Sheesh.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gleemonex View Post
    I hate Wal-Mart and up until this story came out, I kept my visits there to a bare minimum. My SIL's sister actually informed me that Wal-Mart donates to the Republican campaign and introduced me to buyblue.org at the same time. After I first read about this poor woman, I banned Wal-Mart entirely. I'm holding out for Target, which should be completed by 2009 here.
    Giving money to republicans, was it chain wide or just one store? Here we have three Wal-marts and each one it is clear who they aiming at. One for blacks, other for whites, and the other for hispanics. But then again Target and Lowes does the same thing too.

Around here Kohls and Target gets a bad wrap. Kohls for "firing" a woman for having bipolar disorder ( she busted her boss in the mouth because he wanted her to work overtime and was fired for it ) and Target for the way they treat animals ( allowing two cats to die in a car on a hot day with the windows rolled up ). I know so many who refuse to shop either chain because of those incidents. My co-worker just the other day cut up her Kohls credit card right in front of us because Kohls "spits on the disabled".
    Sorry I just don't get it. Hey if I would bust my boss in the mouth I think I would get fired too.

My husband works for Safeway. He gets a kick at how some people refuse to shop at this chain because they "love George W. Bush" or that chain because they are "anti-gay". The way he sees it every chain plays both sides of the fence. Kroger for example from what he was telling me has sponsored many gay pride events over the years, yet they also support Focus on the Family too.

Not a fan of Wal-mart myself, but I see them as no different as anyone else. Myself, I miss the local small family stores.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 03-26-2008 at 06:14 AM.

I've heard the horror stories about Walmart and other stores. Well I'm on a budget and I shop wherever I have to. People here sit outside of Walmart with picket signs saying Walmart is unfair to it's workers. Well all I gotta say to that is get another job then, noone says you have to work at Walmart. I've entertained the idea of sitting next to them in the front of the store with my own sign that says "I'm divorced with a mortgage, single income and 2 dogs on meds and this place is the cheapest store I know so unless you wanna pay my bills, don't give me any shit."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by poizenvixenx View Post
    I've heard the horror stories about Walmart and other stores. Well I'm on a budget and I shop wherever I have to. People here sit outside of Walmart with picket signs saying Walmart is unfair to it's workers. Well all I gotta say to that is get another job then, noone says you have to work at Walmart. I've entertained the idea of sitting next to them in the front of the store with my own sign that says "I'm divorced with a mortgage, single income and 2 dogs on meds and this place is the cheapest store I know so unless you wanna pay my bills, don't give me any shit."
    Are those who are picketing actual Wal-Mart employees?

Reason I ask, last weekend one of our Petsmart stores was picketed. Why? Because according to the protestors employment at Petsmart is "at will" meaning the chain can fire people for any reason and at any time. The protestors were passing out flyers and such saying how Petsmart fired this person for taking time off to get married and another for having a family member who had an abortion. I myself knew three of the protestors and none of them worked for Petsmart.

Helloooooooooooooo, isn't employment in America "at will" anyway? I just started working for Fedex recently and thr first day I started working for them, Fedex told me point blank they my job with them is "at will" and I could be let go at anytime no questions asked. Where are those protesting Fedex?

Hey choff, the ones picketing outside of the stores are ex Walmart employees.
    Walmart is known for having the lowest prices at the expense of their workers.
    If you research online, you can find a buttload of complaints. Everything from discrimination to non equal pay and the list goes on and on... I understand that
    these people feel they were treated unfairly and I don't take it lightly. If the complaints have been proven to be true then I feel for the ones who were wronged. However, I have to do what I have to do to live. Perhaps if I were in a better financial situation I could afford to shop somewhere else but right now I need to make my paycheck stretch as far as I possibly can. I can choose to shop at Walmart because they have the lowest prices. I don't have that option at the gas station if you know what I mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

If you research online, you can find a buttload of complaints. Everything from discrimination to non equal pay and the list goes on and on... I understand that
    these people feel they were treated unfairly and I don't take it lightly. If the complaints have been proven to be true then I feel for the ones who were wronged. However, I have to do what I have to do to live. Perhaps if I were in a better financial situation I could afford to shop somewhere else but right now I need to make my paycheck stretch as far as I possibly can. I can choose to shop at Walmart because they have the lowest prices. I don't have that option at the gas station if you know what I mean.
    Makes me wonder what the working conditions are at chains that are even cheaper than Wal-Mart. Chains like Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc....

I live two blocks away from a Family Dollar. Come to think of it I have never seen any of the employees ever smile. Sad !!!

A few months back someone on here said something about how Caribou Coffee was very homophobic. I went checking around online about that and even though I didn't see anything online about it ( not saying it didnt happen ) but I did stumbled upon a variety of sites about Wal-Mart and other chains too, seems Home Depot is just as bad ) the horror stories about working for them and the chain's politics and whatnot. Reading some of this stuff did make my blood boil while others I had to question if they were true or not.

Someone earlier mentioned Kroger Supermarkets. I have to admit I would have a problem doing business with a chain that does both, support gay rights AND at the same time support those right-wing religious groups who speak out against it and drag people through hell as a result. Pick one !! One can't have their cake and eat it too.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Wal-Mart treats their Associates like bastards at a family reunion. I worked there for 12 of the longest years of my life, and what did I get? They cut my hours. Every time I drive by one of the 3 here in town, I cringe.
    My husband is a District Manager for Wal-Mart, but I hate going in there.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I'm brokety broke broke but I won't shop there, for a myriad of reasons.

I'll shop at Meijer, which is a Michigan owned company. Their prices are comptetive with WalMart and their merchandise is of a much higher quality.

She's in her own "Ground Hog Day" experience... everyday it's like somebody hit the reset button.

I agree with all who say they should just tell her he's away... the next day she will forget they said that as well, why make her cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    She's in her own "Ground Hog Day" experience... everyday it's like somebody hit the reset button.

I agree with all who say they should just tell her he's away... the next day she will forget they said that as well, why make her cry?
    yeah! or 50 First Dates
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343660/
    guess it's not so far-fetched

l don't know why they keep telling her he's dead over and over
    she obviously won't remember, so why torture her daily?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    yeah! or 50 First Dates
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343660/
    guess it's not so far-fetched
    oh yeah, that's actually a better example... good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    l don't know why they keep telling her he's dead over and over
    she obviously won't remember, so why torture her daily?
    because people are assholes.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I didn't quite understand why they kept torturing the poor lady with that over and over, either. Let her live in oblivion, FFS.

phirerednga Guest
    I hate Wal-Mart for so many reasons, every person I have known who has worked for them says they are horrible employers.

Lita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Some health plan those fuckers are offering their "associates:"

"Under our plan, we'll pay for your medical expenses, but it's just a loan." What's next? "Also, upon your death, if you had a liver transplant, we'll be wanting that organ back too." Real nice.
    That made me laugh. I just got done reading this story on Perez when I saw it as a topic here.

Target for the way they treat animals ( allowing two cats to die in a car on a hot day with the windows rolled up ).
    I'm confused. How did they "allow" this to happen? Did they refuse to announce something over the PA? I would have called the police or broken the windows and taken the cats out of the car. I would put the blame on the owner of the car.

I don't shop at Walley World because I can't stand having to weave my way through all the people there. It seems that most of Wal-Mart's shoppers are from the Pet Peeve thread! They stand in the middle of the isles and will not move. Half the time when I do go to Wal-Mart there some stanky ass person in a diaper that you can smell three isles away. I consider myself lucky that we have a Shopko and Kmart in town. I'll go to Kmart any day of the week instead of WalMart.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    That made me laugh. I just got done reading this story on Perez when I saw it as a topic here.

I'm confused. How did they "allow" this to happen? Did they refuse to announce something over the PA? I would have called the police or broken the windows and taken the cats out of the car. I would put the blame on the owner of the car.

I don't shop at Walley World because I can't stand having to weave my way through all the people there. It seems that most of Wal-Mart's shoppers are from the Pet Peeve thread! They stand in the middle of the isles and will not move. Half the time when I do go to Wal-Mart there some stanky ass person in a diaper that you can smell three isles away. I consider myself lucky that we have a Shopko and Kmart in town. I'll go to Kmart any day of the week instead of WalMart.
    I won't shop their eithre. Half the clothing onon the ground being walked on because these people that shop there let those kids run rampant. Icaught one lady walking off with my purse in her hand and snatched it away from her (stupid me) it was in may cart covered by a few throw pillows and had turned my back to look at something) she apparently was a pro at this and watched people who turned their backs and snatched the purse and those morons did not have any cameras working (so they said) so the only one who saw her do it was me! You can never tell what i on sale because those kids tear everything up and the employess never pick anyting up and put it back.,

Maruz83 Guest
    1 more reason why I don't shop at wal-mart !!! I love TARGET !!!!!!!

Wal*Mart is evil. Period. I always put the * in Wal*Mart because when I worked at Mattel, whenever we did any sort of presentation or wrote to them I had to write it that way Old habits really do die hard.

Amazing, so many people declaring they never shop there yet Wal-Mart is always at the top when it comes to the numbers.

Amazing, so many people declaring they never shop there yet Wal-Mart is always at the top when it comes to the numbers.
    My huz and I decided never to shop there again and have stuck to that decision after seeing a documentary about how they treat employees, foreign and domestic, destroy small businesses in towns they take over..etc. I won't go in to one ever again.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I highly doubt the protesters are ex employees. They never are anywhere else. Research any business & you'll find loads of lawsuits. That says more about the people than the business. Where I work not a woman sued b/c a cosmetics country ran out of samples & she claimed she didn't get one b/c she was black. Someone sued b/c they were late excessively, got fired, & they cried racism. Another person sued b/c they didn't get hired - guess why? Racism again. Reading these you'd think the company is racist. That's just not true. People blamed a lot of things on racism but that doesn't make it so. Do you see where I'm going here?

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Makes me wonder what the working conditions are at chains that are even cheaper than Wal-Mart. Chains like Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc...

A few months back someone on here said something about how Caribou Coffee was very homophobic. I went checking around online about that and even though I didn't see anything online about it ( not saying it didnt happen ) but I did stumbled upon a variety of sites about Wal-Mart and other chains too, seems Home Depot is just as bad ) the horror stories about working for them and the chain's politics and whatnot. Reading some of this stuff did make my blood boil while others I had to question if they were true or not.

Someone earlier mentioned Kroger Supermarkets. I have to admit I would have a problem doing business with a chain that does both, support gay rights AND at the same time support those right-wing religious groups who speak out against it and drag people through hell as a result. Pick one !! One can't have their cake and eat it too.
    Why can't they support opposite ideals? They are a business & they employ & sell to a wide range of people. I think it's a great thing.

I read a lot about Home Depot & their Hispanic hiring spree & that pissed us off so we don't go there - ever. That's how you handle it. Just don't go. I won't spend my money there. Oh here's a good example: when I was still in school my mom & sis & I went to Dairy Queen for ice cream & the lady at the counter had a black baby doll in her hand. SHe looked at us & said someone had left it there. Then she leaned over & whispered "I think it was those colored kids." Then she smiled & said "What can I get you?" MY mom had turned white & said "I've lost my appetite." We left & never went back. I certainly don't think all DQ's are hateful, just the one stupid lady.

Quote Originally Posted by phirerednga View Post
    I hate Wal-Mart for so many reasons, every person I have known who has worked for them says they are horrible employers.
    I always hear the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    My huz and I decided never to shop there again and have stuck to that decision after seeing a documentary about how they treat employees, foreign and domestic, destroy small businesses in towns they take over..etc. I won't go in to one ever again.
    Yeah it does suck but that's free enterprise.

Xtine Guest
    just another reason to hate Wal-Mart

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Last year I had a student who dropped out of classes because Walmart promised him a job as 'assistant manager'.

The kid, while nice, was really stupid. He was relating to me how much he enjoyed working for them and as he said "the best part of my day is when we get the employees together and sing the Walmart song".

I thought he was joking. He wasn't. It's some sort of rah-rah song that encourages the employees to sell, sell, sell. Apparently they all gather round before the doors open for the day.

I haven't shopped in a Walmart in about seven years. The closest one smells like feet. No one speaks English and it's messy and confusing.

Target's okay - but they never have what I want.

RoRo Guest
    sadly in alot of small towns, like mine, there is nothing but WalMart. We do have a Fred's and a Dollar General. I drive aways to get what I need but WalMart will always be in business. I just hate the way they treat folks.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    sadly in alot of small towns, like mine, there is nothing but WalMart. We do have a Fred's and a Dollar General. I drive aways to get what I need but WalMart will always be in business. I just hate the way they treat folks.
    OMG! Fred's is still around? I remember my parents living in Tennessee when I was little and going there.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I love Dollar General. They have great prices and they take coupons, so I've gotten stuff like Lysol all purpose cleaner for $1.50. I buy all my cleaning supplies there. Ours is locally owned.

gleemonex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Giving money to republicans, was it chain wide or just one store? Here we have three Wal-marts and each one it is clear who they aiming at. One for blacks, other for whites, and the other for hispanics. But then again Target and Lowes does the same thing too.

Around here Kohls and Target gets a bad wrap. Kohls for "firing" a woman for having bipolar disorder ( she busted her boss in the mouth because he wanted her to work overtime and was fired for it ) and Target for the way they treat animals ( allowing two cats to die in a car on a hot day with the windows rolled up ). I know so many who refuse to shop either chain because of those incidents. My co-worker just the other day cut up her Kohls credit card right in front of us because Kohls "spits on the disabled".
    Sorry I just don't get it. Hey if I would bust my boss in the mouth I think I would get fired too.

My husband works for Safeway. He gets a kick at how some people refuse to shop at this chain because they "love George W. Bush" or that chain because they are "anti-gay". The way he sees it every chain plays both sides of the fence. Kroger for example from what he was telling me has sponsored many gay pride events over the years, yet they also support Focus on the Family too.

Not a fan of Wal-mart myself, but I see them as no different as anyone else. Myself, I miss the local small family stores.
    Chain-wide. Target donates equally to both Republican and Democratic campaigns, which is why they still get my dollars.

I have to agree that if I busted my now ex-boss in the jaw, I would have been fired on the spot, bi-polar or not. IMO, Kohl's had every right to fire her. A mental disease is not a get out of jail free card for every little thing one does wrong in life. I have depression and OCD, which through years of therapy and meds, is well under control. I was in denial about the OCD for a while, until I realized the toll it was taking on others around me. I knew then that I had a responsibility to my friends and co-workers to get it under control.

There's other places I refuse to patronize because of other reasons besides where their donations or contributions go, but that's a whole other thread.

good point.

Lita Guest
    A lot of people do shop there. Our Wal-Mart is packed 24/7!

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    This just pisses me right the F off!!!!
    I always smile when RoRo and RaRa post one behind the other.

RoRo and RaRa...I like saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Helloooooooooooooo, isn't employment in America "at will" anyway?
    Many states are "at will". They can fire anybody at any time; for no particular reason. And; anybody can quit at any time; for no particular reason.

I read a lot about Home Depot & their Hispanic hiring spree & that pissed us off so we don't go there - ever.
    Yeah it does suck but that's free enterprise.
    Here goes another "after Hurricane Katrina" rant...after that storm we had a huge influx of Hispanic folks. While so many Americans were content to draw unemployment; or get paid cash under the table; just because they could...it was these Hispanic folks who did the vital work that nobody else seemed to want to do. Help Wanted signs every where and NO applicants. Many of them were taken advantage of by crooked employers who worked them for a week or two; and then simply refused to pay them because they did not have green cards; and thus no legal recourse.
    Our recovery would not be where it is today without these workers.

I have no problem with people who are honest and who work hard.

As for Wal-Mart; I prefer Target; but they probably have some detractors too.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I always smile when RoRo and RaRa post one behind the other.

RoRo and RaRa...I like saying that!
    That's funny. Maybe RoRo & I can get together & plan a wonderful day of posting to knock your socks off.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Here goes another "after Hurricane Katrina" rant...after that storm we had a huge influx of Hispanic folks. While so many Americans were content to draw unemployment; or get paid cash under the table; just because they could...it was these Hispanic folks who did the vital work that nobody else seemed to want to do. Help Wanted signs every where and NO applicants. Many of them were taken advantage of by crooked employers who worked them for a week or two; and then simply refused to pay them because they did not have green cards; and thus no legal recourse.
    Our recovery would not be where it is today without these workers.

I have no problem with people who are honest and who work hard.
    My problem with their hiring practices is that hey were pushing Hispanics, only hiring Hispanics. That ticks me off b/c every race should be able get a job & feed their families. You could NEVER ever hire only whites. How dare they actually do such a thing? Gross.

You would be hard pressed to find any large corporation in America that doesn't do something that really sucks. Most every company has out-sourced their manufacturing, and has sub-standard warehouse type housing for their workers in China for which they deduct rent from their paychecks whether they live in these hot boxes or not, so I guess Wal*Mart is just doing what all of them do. Not much is 'made in America' anymore, or 'made by adults' either. I guess had I seen a documentary on some other store, I'd be boycotting it instead of Wal*Mart. Another reason I don't like going there is that it is so damn big, and I get confused and lost.
    Last edited by Hidium; 03-26-2008 at 06:30 PM.

itsintheeyes Guest
    You would be hard pressed to find a company that doesn't have shady business tactics.

itsintheeyes Guest
    Hidium!!!! the boob waves must be on full blast!

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post

A group of kids saw two cats lying motionless on the back seat of a car at one of our local Target stores. Windows rolled up and the temp was 95 degrees. The kids went into the Target and told the manager about the cats and asked them to make an announcement over the store's PA. The store manager said no he would not since its only cats. The kids wrote a letter to the main office for Target and according to the news report I remember Target pretty much stuck up for the manager. That made some peoples dander get up.

My sister for years worked at Target ( not the same store where this cat thing happened at ) and she says they are as bad as Wal-Mart such as the benefits, cutting of hours and so forth.

My husband has worked for Safeway for nearly 24 years while my late aunt worked for K-Mart for nearly as long and he could tell you ( and she could have told you ) that retail today isn't like it used to be. Today its pretty much the almighty dollar and thats it. They really don't care as far as their employees and their customers. The Sports Authority last Christmas actually hired their employees for the holiday season through MANPOWER ( a temporary employement service ). How is that good for the customer for a sporting goods chain to hire people who know NOTHING about sports? Whats next? Best Buy going through the same route, hiring people who dont know the difference between DVD or VHS?

But then again I'm not surprised. Look at banking? Back in 1975 both my mother and father lost their jobs around the same time. Their bank did everything they could to help them with their Mastercharge bill, car payments and so forth. In other words the bank worked with them. Todays banks, forget it !!! My neighbors, both of them lost their jobs and when they told Wachovia Bank and Capital One what happened what did they say "....we don't fucking care..when can you pay the god-damned bill" !!. Those were the exact words Capital One said to them on the phone. Unreal !!!!

Whatever happened to compassion? Today its only to make a buck.
    And this pretty much applies to most retail and Wal-Mart is hardly alone there.

ajurk Guest
    i was hoping this would be posted on here and its so funny the difference in how everyone is reacting to this story on this thread, oppossed to my other frequented website http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/. those people are livid and mass emailing walmart and their ethics website.

like many folks on here, the first thing i thought was 'why do they keep telling her he's dead', but then i figured that it was just for the sympathy of the story, no way do they tell her this everyday...they probably tell her that he will be home soon or some shit.

after i read this story last night, i was sickened, but that is the policy and it sucks hard core. but from what i recall, they want all of the money paid out to the lawsuit, which is more then walmart's insurance paid out. ( i might be wrong on this). that to me is ridiculous. and of course after i read this, i was thinking, i really should stop shopping there... yeah i went there today. im cheap, i cant help it.

as someone else mentioned their husband working at safeway: i used to work at safeway, or slaveway as i like to call it. worst three years of my life. but let me tell you, i was paid EXTREMELY well for what i did. and i was expected to treat everyone extremely well and the 'great' customer service was a reflection of what we were paid, which was a reflection of safeways higher prices. i now work next to a shoppers. i went there yesterday with a co-worker, and like usual it was a horrific shopping experience and i told my co-worker that i would rather drive 10 minutes up the street and pay higher prices at safeway just not to walk into that shit hole again.

and as unfortunate as this story is, every big corporation has screwed their employees over every which way. i wish i could tell everyone what cingular did to me. i could make millions of people switch their phone service, but im not gonna talk, because the money they pay me out from my lawsuit will do all the talking that is neccessary. and you know what, if something insane happens and i dont win, then everyone will be reading my story on cnn.com too.

spoiledkitty Guest
    what pricks! I knew i always hated wally world! now even more!

I would have found one of those microphone thingies and announced it myself.... damn that makes me mad.. Of course they were kids and didn't want to get in trouble, they did the best they could. I would have gone bat shit crazy, probaby broken the car window and got arrested.

That's funny. Maybe RoRo & I can get together & plan a wonderful day of posting to knock your socks off.

My problem with their hiring practices is that hey were pushing Hispanics, only hiring Hispanics. That ticks me off b/c every race should be able get a job & feed their families. You could NEVER ever hire only whites. How dare they actually do such a thing? Gross.
    Agreed; RaRa.

It should be equal opportunity; based upon willingness to work.

Many Hispanics are willing to work for a lower wage; though we have a minimum wage; because that it is more than they could ever hope to make in their homeland.

And many Americans; black; red and white; feel that it is beneath them to work for minimum wage; because they think they should be worth more; though they don't care to work any harder; than those who are willing to work for less.

I understand where you are coming from; my personal opinion was altered somewhat after a certain hurricane; when I saw Americans get lazy; and Hispanic people get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    Hidium!!!! the boob waves must be on full blast!
    Say WHAT? I'm really confused...