Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong

The French have his blood samples from every Tour victory he has won. They have been analyzed scores of times and nothing has been found. If he was on anything I'm sure it would have been found by now. In Major League Baseball they have found previously undetectable designer steroids in blood test that were found clean just two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    The French have his blood samples from every Tour victory he has won. They have been analyzed scores of times and nothing has been found. If he was on anything I'm sure it would have been found by now. In Major League Baseball they have found previously undetectable designer steroids in blood test that were found clean just two years ago.
    I agree, if he was on something detectable he would have been discovered by now. I suspect every new test invented to check for drugs has been applied to his blood samples as and when they come along. They are gunning for him and will never stop trying.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

candleinthewind Guest
    I live in Austin (actually Pflugerville, a suburb of) and at my son's school they just did an entire week on Lance Armstrong, social studies as a great Texan, geography, I think they even worked Lance into a math lesson. It seemed weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I live in Austin (actually Pflugerville, a suburb of) and at my son's school they just did an entire week on Lance Armstrong, social studies as a great Texan, geography, I think they even worked Lance into a math lesson. It seemed weird to me.
    How did Lance Armstrong become a Social Studies topic? In my day it was the Revolutionary and Civil Wars and the three branches of government. As far as Texas goes....Sam Houston and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNotherOne View Post
    How did Lance Armstrong become a Social Studies topic? In my day it was the Revolutionary and Civil Wars and the three branches of government. As far as Texas goes....Sam Houston and the like.
    The Alamo?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Armstrong to be stripped of his Tour de France titles!

I think Lance gave up a little too easily...I wonder what he was hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't know. I guess we'll never know for sure. Despite his "everybody knows who won those Tours" stuff, this WILL change his legacy in a pretty drastic way.

If I had to bet I would bet he did use something but I don't understand how they can do this considering he never failed a drug test.

Maybe he was ahead of the curve in what he was using, I don't know.

dia846 Guest
    I'm very disappointed. I remember reading and seeing pictures of him when he was going through cancer in his early twenties. Didn't know if it would be successful, but was so glad it seemed to be cured, or at least in long term remission. I can still remember driving to work and hearing that he had won his very first Tour de France, and being so thankful that he had accomplished such a triumph after his valiant fight coming back from cancer that I believe had spread to his lungs, before many, many months of treatment.

I still believe in and support his foundation and commend his courageous cancer fight.
    Last edited by dia846; 08-23-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Taggerez Guest
    Gave up too easily?

The guy has been fighting this since he won his first tour title. He's spent a lot of time and money defending his reputation against charges that lack hard evidence. The point of the campaign is to be relentless. That way the water can be muddied and the question will also aways arise when Lance Armstrong's name is mentioned. It is likely designed to finally wear Armstrong down, which it finally did. You get tired of answering the same damn BS all the time. But, where is the actual, hard evidence that he doped? There is none.
    Last edited by Taggerez; 08-24-2012 at 11:05 AM.

I think he backed out before having to face what the 10 teammates, formers coaches, etc had to say in court and what they witnessed.

1karenhb Guest
    Was stunned to see this on the front paper of the local paper. I really don't know what to think. I want to believe him.

I agree with you!!! If you are innocent and you have the $ defend your NAME till the end!!! He ain't no betta' than MJ in my book now... I really wanted him to stand his ground and clear his name...
    My Posse's On Broadway

pwem Guest
    This is just so sad for all the people who supported him along the way. Am I surprised? No. I am surprised that he was able to get away with it for so long. They are also saying he may have been using blood transfusions. WTF?

Taggerez Guest
    I think he backed out before having to face what the 10 teammates, formers coaches, etc had to say in court and what they witnessed.
    Really? What they say?

Lance Armstrong was one of the most dope tested athletes of our time. If they had any hard evidence of drug enhancement -- let me emphasize HARD EVIDENCE -- they would have had nailed Armstrong long, long ago, long before seven titles. What people say is very different from the proof. People can talk a great deal, but the tests tell a different story. There is no masking agent that could cover Armstrong through all the testing and re-testing he did.

But now that he's no longer racing they'll nail him on what people say and the multitude of tests he was given is tossed aside. Come on, really? Would anyone here like to be held up to that standard?

We are a pretty involved cycling family. I have watched his career for years. I hate the witch hunt and it annoys me that with all the medical results they just kept coming back to him. Anything those people have said or threaten to say can be shown as false because they have medical evidence.

I think he got tired of the BS. Thought it was affecting his foundation and said screw it.

They can take his name off his wins and his medal but we all know who won. He is handling it much better than I am. LIVESTRONG

I also think it makes him look guilty. Do I really care, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Considering the amount of effort needed to complete a TdF no human can possibly compete to win this without the help of drugs, detectable like the ones found in numerous cyclists or undetectable like te oned used by Armstrong and the rest that didn't get caught yet.
    Pro cycling has become a junkie sport, too much commercial interests are involved so the pressure to perform is too big and athletes resort to "enhance" their performance.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

This just sucks! Certainly I want to believe that he won all those titles fair and square, athletes practically fight to the death to be victorious. But... reading the headlines the morning I learned he had given up his record victories, something just doesn't sound right. You don't just give up everything you've worked for all your life and walk away... it doesn't make any sense. I think we're just going to have to wait this one out (IF you have the stomach for it) before passing judgement, surely something is bound to come out eventually.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

The man is a big time cheater and the
    whole World knows about it.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Considering the amount of effort needed to complete a TdF no human can possibly compete to win this without the help of drugs, detectable like the ones found in numerous cyclists or undetectable like te oned used by Armstrong and the rest that didn't get caught yet.
    Pro cycling has become a junkie sport, too much commercial interests are involved so the pressure to perform is too big and athletes resort to "enhance" their performance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	you-win.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	43447
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

pwem Guest
    New rules, everyone. New rules.

You can take whatever the hell drugs you want in any amount you want for any sport. That ought to make for some interesting tv broadcasting.

Elixson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    This is a load of crap.

pwem Guest
    And here we go, folks. We are on the "lie-cheat-steal-get-caught-beg-forgiveness-mega-book-deal-Oprah-appearance" World Tour. Buy the t-shirt and poster now!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/...ey-doping.html

The asshole just makes me sick. He is the worst of America. Is anyone else really angry with this?

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    And here we go, folks. We are on the "lie-cheat-steal-get-caught-beg-forgiveness-mega-book-deal-Oprah-appearance" World Tour. Buy the t-shirt and poster now!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/...ey-doping.html

The asshole just makes me sick. He is the worst of America. Is anyone else really angry with this?

I totally agree. I never cared for the guy before this mess. Always thought he was a dick. And like most lying dicks who gets caught, they start their crying tour. It makes me sick. Like most rich dicks with big egos, he'll always land on his feet with more money his pockets. Turd.
    Cindy

pwem Guest
    You said it, Buttercup.

People like this always come out smelling like a rose. They have the looks, the charisma, the money. I can pretty much guarantee he has not learned his lesson and this new "in touch with his feelings and oh-so-remorseful" scam artist will be back selling his lies to anyone who will listen.

People are wondering who he is going to blame for his years of lies. Let's see the possible choices..

1) Why... the drugs of course

2) The competitive world of sport.

3) His mommy and daddy.

4) He didn't want to let down the poor widdle kids who worshipped him so he had to keep the lies going.

5) The French.

6) Cancer.

7) The fans who "forced" him to succeed.

Place yer bets folks!

pwem - your #4 is where my Oprah-confessional money is. I can *almost* understand that one, of all alibis, but a) it's usually horseshit to hide the athlete's personal motives, and b) certain athletes (and the sports franchises that profit from them) seem to routinely escape justice under the false guise of this excuse. The worst examples are the ones who beat and/or rape women. I'm not saying Kobe, but definitely OJ (and my husband theorizes Ray Lewis was at least involved in his girlfriend's demise, way back when).

So, Lance Armstrong...I guess he wants to go down in history as heroic as possible? It must hurt his ego to have been on top for years, adored and revered, only to be held accountable later on wherein the doping controversy will overshadow his (albeit assisted) athletic achievements. Now he'll be remembered as that guy who lied about his doping for ages before finally admitting to some of it.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

pwem Guest
    Hmmm, good choice but I am thinking I'll go with #2.

I bet all those people who defended him right up until the end are feeling a tad sheepish now.

Makes you wonder what else he's lied about...

pwem Guest
    Was his cancer on the level?

buggesi Guest

thats what i was just discussing with a friend. what if that was to cover something? you catch someone in a lie, you start to question everything they ever said.

Which rehab will he go to? Performance drug addicts haven? Lying sack o' shit club? Ugh.

When will his new book be out? Yawn. Let's just put him back on his bike & push him over a cliff in France.

buggesi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by llc View Post
    which rehab will he go to? Performance drug addicts haven? Lying sack o' shit club? Ugh.

When will his new book be out? Yawn. Let's just put him back on his bike & push him over a cliff in france.
    works for me

Guess his bracelet should read Lies Strong.

JacksTiger Guest
    I could care less about the doping. What makes me mad are the reports that I've seen on the news by Investigator Tygert that he intimidated and threatened his team mates to lie about it. If true, what a POS.

radiojane Guest
    I use livestrong.com's food journal site and app. I'm ignorant enough that I didn't know the connection when I signed up. I probably would have gone with sparkpeople instead.

I am not going to defend him on here. But as I said earlier we are a huge cycling family and follow races.

I am going to wait to see what he cops to before I hang him. People's image of doping and what reality might be are two different things.

I sound like a sore loser. LOL

MoonRabbit Guest
    Hmmm, good choice but I am thinking I'll go with #2.

I bet all those people who defended him right up until the end are feeling a tad sheepish now.
    To me it is always disappointing when someone you looked up to is found to be a person without integrity.

pwem Guest
    And the asshole is still being treated with kid gloves by O!! I can't believe it.

Oprah has pulled out the red carpet for this screw-up like none of it happened. Good old fawning, ass kissing O.

This whole thing is making me furious. When do people finally wipe the sleep from their eyes and vacate the Hotel Denial? Not talking about people here but the general media and close supporters. If people want to support anyone they should look to the team who have been slandered, lied to, and made fools of.

Gawd, I hate litigation but the team mates need to file lawsuits. Not that it will help as he has had enough time to sock his money away. Trip to Grand Caymen anyone?

anyone remember greg lemond? armstrong crucified him, saying that lelond was a "sore loser" . lelond stated that wide spread doping was going on. lemond won the tour, and invented the aerobar....couldn't be riding without THAT. armstrong cost lemond his contract with Trek, who was manufacturing his Lemond bikes. my Dh has a lemond bike, and neither of us has ANYTHING good to say about lance. Oprah be danged, I wouldn't watch an interview with lance , if Kurt cobain conducted it.
    welll....maybe. LOL
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I am not going to defend him on here. But as I said earlier we are a huge cycling family and follow races.

I am going to wait to see what he cops to before I hang him. People's image of doping and what reality might be are two different things.

I sound like a sore loser. LOL
    I don`t follow cycling but I feel as you do. There is always 2 sides to a story but I don`t like how arrogant Armstrong has been over the years all the while cheating. That part doesn`t endear him to me at all - but I am still willing to hear what he has to say. He should do some serious apologizing in any case.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

What a turd burglar...I've never liked him, so I was pretty happy to hear about his fall from grace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

pwem Guest
    Don't see how anyone CAN defend him. He admitted it all.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Once again he is a low life creep, and a big time cheater.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

never liked this dick since he dropped sheryl crow. he's an asshole doosh

I think a testicle inventory is in order. I agree, he is a lying "sack" and there is no telling whether he had the cancer or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I don`t follow cycling but I feel as you do. There is always 2 sides to a story but I don`t like how arrogant Armstrong has been over the years all the while cheating. That part doesn`t endear him to me at all - but I am still willing to hear what he has to say. He should do some serious apologizing in any case.
    Especially to those who continued to support him. Bike world is a mean world, well at least the groups that I am around. They hate Armstrong but they hate everyone else also. I have already gotten three text wanting to know how my boy Lance was? Shut the hell up. LOL and I'll wait for my apology...

About half way up you can read where I had gave him the benefit of the doubt.

If he would admit to what he did, apologize and then went on his way never to be heard from again I would say that was that.
    It's been reported that he willing to squeal and throw everyone else under the bus. "Look, they did it also"?

If that happens he will always be a low life weasel to me. Apologize, take your lumps and disappear.

he needs to go away like michael richards.