Thread: The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries

Anyone else watching? People are calling it a Twilight rip off, but it is based off a Book Series written in 1991 so I guess you can say Twilight ripped of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampire_Diaries
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

malaki Guest
    Is this true???

Last month actors from the Vampire Diaries were arrested for dangling a woman from an overpass. From TruTV.com

malaki Guest

kandykisses Guest
    I am watching #2 for a recording now. It is too much teen angst. Moving a tad slow but the cast is good looking. The characters are semi interesting. I'll hang on for a few more epis and see what happens.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I have watched but it was a painful experience. That main girl is so annoying. I wish her friend was the lead instead. But then who would be the sassy black friend right?

This is the guy who should have been cast as Edward. He's such a cute brooder! He looks like Pattinson only hot.

Guest Guest
    I must check this out. I love vampire stuff, but am not familiar with this series.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Did anyone keep watching? I didn't last long. Not even for mah Boone! ha

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Did anyone keep watching? I didn't last long. Not even for mah Boone! ha

I stopped after 2-3 episodes-

RaRaRamona Guest
    Ugh me too. It reminded me of when I was a girl & I watched those angsty teen shows & fell in love with the hunky stars. Then when I found out they were all in their thirties I was crushed. Now I see it from the other side & I wonder if the cast loves or hates playing teenagers. Some of them are younger but most of them look to be about my age. I guess they are probably just glad to be working, just like the rest of us.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I stopped after 2-3 episodes-
    Same here. Just wasn't catching.

My wife loves it, I kind of suffer through it. I love vampire movies and such so the genre generally suits me but the show just seems kind of slow and uninteresting at times. It is hit or miss with me.

It took me until about a month ago to watch it every week. I had tried to watch and episode a while back and like most of you I couldn't get into it. Then I decided to read the books and now I love the show. A lot of it doesn't follow the books but now that I know the story behind the show, it makes a lot more sense now. I like it, especially since it is filmed here in Georgia about 2 hours from me. That in itself is kinda cool and I am going to try to take my son sometime to see if we can see any of it being filmed. That would be fun.
    I didn't know the books were written in the 90's, way before Twilight. Twilight has a LOT of similarities- I am kind of surprised Stephanie Meyer didn't get in trouble for copying some things. Like a werewolf named Jacob for one. But the two stories are so different in otherways so it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm still having fun with it and dont miss an episode. I am glad that they are getting away from the high school thing so it is getting better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I'm still having fun with it and dont miss an episode. I am glad that they are getting away from the high school thing so it is getting better.

How long did that take? I mean how many episodes? App?

Seagorath Guest
    Poseurs...wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by malaki View Post
    Is this true???

Last month actors from the Vampire Diaries were arrested for dangling a woman from an overpass. From TruTV.com

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    How long did that take? I mean how many episodes? App?

Ummm I haven't had a school scene since three episodes before the season hiatus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Ummm I haven't had a school scene since three episodes before the season hiatus.
    Interesting...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-3.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	41723

I'm a fan, I think it has got better over time and Damon is so hot!!

Although it was started off as a book series, they took the bare minimum from them for the show and now they are laughable to the point they are ghost written. As for the show, it had its moments but for me, it took a little too many things from Buffy for my liking and the fact that it's only been finished for over a year and hardly anyone still talks about it says a lot about the show. From what I've seen, the first few seasons were the most popular and the last few were a mess.