Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1398

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

I wonder why in the world the mom was telling people she had MS and was dying.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    I wonder why in the world the mom was telling people she had MS and was dying.
    I tend to think she was mentally ill as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Both nuttier than squirrel shit and both murderers, secret love child?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marshall_Applewhite.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	51902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connecticut-school-shootingjpeg-0cfd5.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	51903
    Omfg. I can't even!

The book that was published on this said that the mom's head was nearly decapitated - he held the gun right to her skin. That is RAGE right there.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    No idea why it too so long to "see" this joke but..... ahem..... SEE-EYES-A

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    No idea why it too so long to "see" this joke but..... ahem..... SEE-EYES-A
    Good one!!

Ownership of the Lanza home has been transferred to the town of Newtown for the grand total of $0.

Yes, now people want to tear it down. I can think of a dozen homes where FAR more people, including children, were murdered, or some murderer lived, which still stand today and have been consistently occupied ever since. The Clutter house, the Amityville Horror house, the Wonderland apartment building, a small house that can be seen off Rte 8 in Connecticut where 3 people were murdered in 1989 AND the former home of their killer up the street-- these among the first that come to mind. The lay of the land of the Lanza home indicates that it's in a small gulley and not easily seen from the street. A new paint or siding color might help. Part of the problem is the highly unusual name of the street-- if this was Maple Lane or Robin Circle, it would be easier to fade back into obscurity. However the family of one of the victims lives nearby and so far, the general sentiment has been for obliterating all traces of all the murder scenes and then some.

Since the Sandy Hook shooting in December 2012, there have been 95 other school shootings.

http://everytown.org/article/schoolshootings/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Here's another article about the house. You were right, Linnie. People want that place gone.

As though making everything disappear will make everything... not have happened?

"Human kind cannot bear very much reality."--- T.S. Eliot

And yet, after claiming they don't want more media attention, guess what? A number of victims' families are ready to sue... who knows? NOT the wealthy absentee father of the shooter. Everyone else, fair game.

What, didn't anyone get enough of a share of the millions of dollars raised from their sympathetic fellow citizens?
    Do lawsuits against gun manufacturers ever get anywhere? Bushmaster did not directly sell the weapons to the trigger-happy Lanzas. Some schmucky dealer busted for lax sales and security practices did.
    And what purpose is served by suing the school board? The city?
    Bankrupting the town solves the security problem at the schools and the incompetence of the police-- SURE it does.
    I can't imagine Nancy Lanza had millions in homeowner's insurance, either.

In that case, they should have auctioned the Lanza house on EBay.

http://newtownbee.com/news/news/2014...ntend-s/245050

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/p...-sue,21126420/

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...208-story.html

Two years today - I was home sick watching it unfold.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...dy-5956661.php

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...rs-5955566.php

http://www.ctpost.com/news/crime/art...ry-5956255.php

Tear down the entire school, tear down the house, sue everyone, have a politician-studded memorial service, start all kinds of foundations, interview family members and survivors yet AGAIN... It's gone from being a horrible crime and tragedy in every sense of the word, to being an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...dy-5956661.php

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...rs-5955566.php

http://www.ctpost.com/news/crime/art...ry-5956255.php

Tear down the entire school, tear down the house, sue everyone, have a politician-studded memorial service, start all kinds of foundations, interview family members and survivors yet AGAIN... It's gone from being a horrible crime and tragedy in every sense of the word, to being an agenda.

"Leave us alone. Newtown wants to be left alone to mourn our children." "Wait now we are suing you because you left us alone. We want money! But continue to leave us alone and give us our privacy why we collect this blood money from the backs of tax payers."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

http://news.yahoo.com/families-newto...141435892.html

The families of 9 of the victims are suing the manufacturer of the rifle used in the shootings.

"The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit, filed in Bridgeport Superior Court and released on Monday, asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been sold publicly because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense."
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/families-newto...141435892.html

The families of 9 of the victims are suing the manufacturer of the rifle used in the shootings.

"The negligence and wrongful death lawsuit, filed in Bridgeport Superior Court and released on Monday, asserts that the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle should not have been sold publicly because it was designed for military use and is unsuited for hunting or home defense."
    I'm sorry they lost their kids, I really am but all of this is just beyond ridiculous at this point. It honestly looks like they are looking to only profit from this tragedy which to me is just disgusting that they could put a dollar amount on losing their little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    "Leave us alone. Newtown wants to be left alone to mourn our children." "Wait now we are suing you because you left us alone. We want money! But continue to leave us alone and give us our privacy why we collect this blood money from the backs of tax payers."
    Starting to remind me of that fatal school bus crash years ago, where the mostly poverty-stricken parents sued, won big, bought the houses, cars, appliances of their dreams... Then some documentarians made them look very small and greedy, having profited hugely by the deaths of their "beloved" offspring.
    (Not to be confused with the 1990s fictional film about a similar subject, THE SWEET HEREAFTER, which is a great and haunting story.)

It's not even as if most of the families had to pay huge medical bills, since unfortunately the children were already gone, and funerals can be costly, but several victims were cremated, and the most lavish funeral certainly did not cost $1M.

If the purpose is to cease sales of high-powered weapons (whether to stable or unstable customers-- even a so-called "normal" person apparently can go murderously batty under stress of divorce, job loss, etc.) I rather doubt this will stop it.

If one wants peace and space to grieve, then one has to set up and enforce boundaries. Perhaps dredging this up over and over again keeps the victims "alive" in the families' minds. It's scary when all goes quiet and one is left alone with thoughts and memories, or perhaps worse, the distance of time leading to the LACK thereof. This way, it's always still just yesterday.
    Last edited by Linnie; 12-15-2014 at 07:48 PM.

This way, it's always still just yesterday.
    Haunting & well put.

I realize this will sound insensitive, but as tragic as this shooting was these people need to get a fucking grip. They are not the only town/families to have lost loved ones, kids included, at the hands of a psychotic lunatic. I'm not suggesting they'll ever get over what happened, but you learn to accept it as a painful reality as you move forward & live your life.

None of this stuff, none of the dramatic dialogue will change reality. You can't just tear down everything that bothers you & pretend that will make it better. It won't. And you sure as hell shouldn't be able to do such and allow the tax payers to fund it. Good god.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I realize this will sound insensitive, but as tragic as this shooting was these people need to get a fucking grip. They are not the only town/families to have lost loved ones, kids included, at the hands of a psychotic lunatic. I'm not suggesting they'll ever get over what happened, but you learn to accept it as a painful reality as you move forward & live your life.

None of this stuff, none of the dramatic dialogue will change reality. You can't just tear down everything that bothers you & pretend that will make it better. It won't. And you sure as hell shouldn't be able to do such and allow the tax payers to fund it. Good god.
    You are correct. CT had 130 other homicides in 2012, but do you hear about them? Nope not a word. Money talks and I am starting to think some of these parents are donating big bucks to political campaigns to get "their" laws passed.

Starting to remind me of that fatal school bus crash years ago, where the mostly poverty-stricken parents sued, won big, bought the houses, cars, appliances of their dreams... Then some documentarians made them look very small and greedy, having profited hugely by the deaths of their "beloved" offspring.
    (Not to be confused with the 1990s fictional film about a similar subject, THE SWEET HEREAFTER, which is a great and haunting story.)

It's not even as if most of the families had to pay huge medical bills, since unfortunately the children were already gone, and funerals can be costly, but several victims were cremated, and the most lavish funeral certainly did not cost $1M.

If the purpose is to cease sales of high-powered weapons (whether to stable or unstable customers-- even a so-called "normal" person apparently can go murderously batty under stress of divorce, job loss, etc.) I rather doubt this will stop it.

If one wants peace and space to grieve, then one has to set up and enforce boundaries. Perhaps dredging this up over and over again keeps the victims "alive" in the families' minds. It's scary when all goes quiet and one is left alone with thoughts and memories, or perhaps worse, the distance of time leading to the LACK thereof. This way, it's always still just yesterday.
    Every single one of the victim families were rich. I'm talking six or seven figures rich. Plus they are received free funerals, each and every one of them didn't pay a dime to bury their kids. Plus they have the option to receive up to $25,000 from the State's Victim Compensation Fund. Not to mention all the personal donations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

One of the reasons a lawsuit would be filed is to have the defendant pay punitive damages in such a large amount that it makes it impossible for the defendant to continue to do business as usual. I'm not in favor of lawsuits in this case, but something tells me that many of the parents would be just fine if the actual damages they received (if the lawsuit is favorable to them) a sum of $1 and the punitive damages put the gun company out of business. Like I said, I'm not in favor of these folks filing lawsuits, but the actual monetary damages the plaintiff would receive is not always what they're after.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    One of the reasons a lawsuit would be filed is to have the defendant pay punitive damages in such a large amount that it makes it impossible for the defendant to continue to do business as usual. I'm not in favor of lawsuits in this case, but something tells me that many of the parents would be just fine if the actual damages they received (if the lawsuit is favorable to them) a sum of $1 and the punitive damages put the gun company out of business. Like I said, I'm not in favor of these folks filing lawsuits, but the actual monetary damages the plaintiff would receive is not always what they're after.
    These are hurt and angry people that are being coddled by lawmakers and now they think they can do anything and everything and that the world needs to listen to them because their 6 year old was shot to death. I have an entire list of people's children that have been shot to death. These people are no different nor more special, but they think they are and they think they deserve special treatment.

No lawyer in the state would sue a gun company for "John Smith's" parents but these people are loaded and their kids were cute. It makes all the difference in the world.

Sorry but I'm very touchey about this topic this week. I have two families that can't afford to cremate their children so they are sitting in a morgue freezer while these ungrateful people run their mouths constantly about how the world mistreats them.
    Last edited by Miho; 12-16-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

These are hurt and angry people that are being coddled by lawmakers and now they think they can do anything and everything and that the world needs to listen to them because their 6 year old was shot to death. I have an entire list of people's children that have been shot to death. These people are no different nor more special, but they think they are and they think they deserve special treatment.

No lawyer in the state would sue a gun company for "John Smith's" parents but these people are loaded and their kids were cute. It makes all the difference in the world.

Sorry but I'm very touchey about this topic this week. I have two families that can't afford to cremate their children so they are sitting in a morgue freezer while these ungrateful people run their mouths constantly about how the world mistreats them.
    My sister was shot to death. Suing the manufacturer of the gun never would have entered my family's collective thought.

I was trying to explain in my post how attorneys could have convinced the families to join the lawsuit even if they were not interested in receiving checks.

No need to apologize Miho. You've got a great heart. Hang in there.
    Minerva

This lawsuit sounds a bit like with a similar suit that was filed by the parents of the Aurora, Colorado movie theater victim Jessica Ghawi.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/justic...uit/index.html

In that case its more/less a "we can't let go" sort of thing on behalf of Jessica's friends and family. Last time I was in Colorado there are still mobile billboards going around Aurora showing a pic of Ghawi holding up a microphone saying things like "Jessica could had been one of Denver's finest broadcasters" and of course "we miss you Jessica".

Strange that I haven't seen other similar billboards for the other victims of that shooting...but then again maybe not.

My sister was shot to death. Suing the manufacturer of the gun never would have entered my family's collective thought.

I was trying to explain in my post how attorneys could have convinced the families to join the lawsuit even if they were not interested in receiving checks.

No need to apologize Miho. You've got a great heart. Hang in there.
    McCourt so sorry if you thought my post was directed at what you said. It totally wasn't and I totally agree that some families aren't interested in the checks. I guess my frustration comes from a few things.

- We closed all the mental health hospitals that would have taken Lanza in for treatment. But the family has no interest in addressing that. They would rather blame an inanimate metal object because it is too difficult to think that your child could be capable of murder. Even their children that were killed could have grown up and been capable of murder.

- They do nothing but bitch and moan about their privacy. Yet every week they are shoving a new law down our throats that 90% of CT's population doesn't support, but they are still being passed! Plus they got their brand new multi million dollar school that they rest of us are paying for on top of free everything else.

I am so sorry about your sister. I didn't know she was murdered. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.
    Last edited by Miho; 12-17-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

McCourt so sorry if you thought my post was directed at what you said. It totally wasn't and I totally agree that some families aren't interested in the checks. I guess my frustration comes from a few things.

- We closed all the mental health hospitals that would have taken Lanza in for treatment. But the family has no interest in addressing that. They would rather blame an inanimate metal object because it is too difficult to think that your child could be capable of murder. Even their children that were killed could have grown up and been capable of murder.

- They do nothing but bitch and moan about their privacy. Yet every week they are shoving a new law down our throats that 90% of CT's population doesn't support, but they are still being passed! Plus they got their brand new multi million dollar school that they rest of us are paying for on top of free everything else.

I am so sorry about your sister. I didn't know she was murdered. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.
    No, Miho, I never thought your reply was directed at me and I empathize with you. Tearing down houses and schools, suing gun manufacturers, etc. may give them something to keep their minds occupied with for the immediate future, but once all that is done, their children are still going to be gone and they'll need to redirect all that pain and sorrow into something else. I personally think that there are alternatives to all of that and they could be of tremendous assistance to other families who have suffered similar tragedies. The stigma of mental health issues for some people, means that they will not seek treatment for themselves and ignore it in their children and other family members. Its no more avoidable than physical ailments like cancer, M.S., etc. Self medicating with drugs and/or alcohol only makes the situation worse, but I understand why some young people do it. I've read that many mental health issues in young people begin to show symptoms in their late teens and early 20s. That's usually the time in many lives when they try drugs and/or alcohol for the first time, so its easy to see why so many of them get into real trouble.

Thank you for the offer of a friendly place to vent. I may take you up on it one day! {{{HUGS}}}}
    Minerva

These people just can't have it both ways. I would call this town's actions very embarrassing if not for a horrible tragedy. It all comes down to money, and Newtown doesn't look like they really needed it.

Two years ago a few days after the tragedy, we took our daughter to a McDonald's with a Play Place. I noticed that EVERY parent wouldn't let their child out of their sight. I went to that restaurant yesterday, and I noticed that the parents weren't as vigilant with their kids... like Newtown never happened and no one keeps an eye on their kids anymore.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I understand being against suing them and I agree actually. There's no way the parents will win. But I'm all for anything that takes money out of these gun manufacturers pockets. These manufacturers are the ones that fund the terrorist organization, the NRA. People have the misconception that the NRA is for the constitution and the people. They are not. The NRA is nothing but a lobbying group bought and paid for by the gun manufacturers for the sole purpose of setting the scene that the most guns/ammo possible can be sold.

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I understand being against suing them and I agree actually. There's no way the parents will win. But I'm all for anything that takes money out of these gun manufacturers pockets. These manufacturers are the ones that fund the terrorist organization, the NRA. People have the misconception that the NRA is for the constitution and the people. They are not. The NRA is nothing but a lobbying group bought and paid for by the gun manufacturers for the sole purpose of setting the scene that the most guns/ammo possible can be sold.
    So what? NRA is a terrorist organization? In what way?

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Oh, and it wasn't real. Total government false flag.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaqhfilly View Post
    They're not more a terrorist organization than Starbucks is. Its a business.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by gottaqhfilly View Post
    Dude don't even fucking talk to me. You're like the most pathetic and bitter piece of monkey cum I have ever encountered on the interwebz. You're a racist, homophobic idiotic waste of space. I hope you die a slow painful ass cancer related death. Actually no. Ass cancer related death up to about the very end. All the pain and fear related to the ass cancer death. Then before you actually die I hope you catch on fire and experience some of that for a couple days before your soul gets punted to hell. Good day, sir!

Sorry cindy. Had to be said.

And they decided to destroy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    What a waste of a really nice house. I can totally understand why Ryan Lanza didn't want to keep it, but I don't see the point in it being torn down. There are houses, trailers, apartments, schools, factories, restaurants, theaters, gyms, malls, stores, hotels, etc. all over the world where people were murdered. There are plenty of people who would live in the house even knowing what happened there. Adam Lanza's crimes were horrific, but tearing down the house he lived in changes nothing.

I know right? I wonder what the homeless guy that says hi to me everyday on my way to work would think about tearing it down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I know right? I wonder what the homeless guy that says hi to me everyday on my way to work would think about tearing it down.
    You need to make a point of asking him tomorrow.

I dunno, he has also meowed at me on a few different occasions, so I try to keep our interactions as brief as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I dunno, he has also meowed at me on a few different occasions, so I try to keep our interactions as brief as possible.
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Familes of victims are suing Nancy Lanza's estate.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...313-story.html

41. 03-15-2015, 12:51 PM

Greed taken to a new level... smh. Lemme guess, 8 of the 9 people who are suing Bushmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Greed taken to a new level... smh. Lemme guess, 8 of the 9 people who are suing Bushmaster?
    They are suing everyone, Bushmaster, the Ammo manufacturer, the gun store where Nancy bought the guns (despite the fact that is now closed), and now Nancy's estate. Sorry but any money her estate had should go her other son, who did nothing wrong.

Now they are just being assholes.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    They are suing everyone, Bushmaster, the Ammo manufacturer, the gun store where Nancy bought the guns (despite the fact that is now closed), and now Nancy's estate. Sorry but any money her estate had should go her other son, who did nothing wrong.
    Now they are just being assholes.
    Thank whatever gods there be that we have this forum to express these thoughts-- one does not DARE write even the most polite, neutral letter to an editor asking why they keep carrying on like this. Someone would be all over it like flies on crap. "Oh, how COULD you! You just don't understand!"
    BTW, I was out and about in Newtown last week, and the most noticeable memento still up was the stars still on top of the Sandy Hook FD building. I must say, for a town with so many well -to-do people, rather a lot of the once-handsome antique homes right on the main drag are in a very shabby condition, subdivided into tenements almost. They must have the same landlords as those in Bridgeport!

Update: The house is now gone, baby, gone.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...324-story.html

Update: The house is now gone, baby, gone.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...324-story.html
    Such a friggen waste. If this happened in a poor city they would have laughed at the request to knock the house down. Starting to feel like the families are padding the pockets of the politicians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Such a friggen waste. If this happened in a poor city they would have laughed at the request to knock the house down. Starting to feel like the families are padding the pockets of the politicians.
    That's what you say now but how would you feel if that house started driving drunk or stealing lawn ornaments or some other horrible crime that houses tend to commit. lol
    Minerva

That's what you say now but how would you feel if that house started driving drunk or stealing lawn ornaments or some other horrible crime that houses tend to commit. lol
    *LOL* Death by raised ranch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*LOL* Death by raised ranch?
    Well it did look guilty to me. lol
    Minerva

I think the next project would be to purchase some of those memory-erasing devices a'la MEN IN BLACK to flash in the eyes of ANYONE passing through Newtown and still curious about the incident. They could even use it on those still interested in the Crafts, Brown, and Heath murders. Indeed, why not back it all the way up to the 1892 Peck murder?

If they knew where to stop, they would retain sympathy, but it's gotten rather out of hand. I don't think ANY place that has suffered a mass shooting ANYWHERE has EVER done this stuff, not THIS much anyway.

I think it has something to do with the nature of parenting these days-- look at the fuss over a tiny dead worm in a school lunch. Instead of saying, "Yes, we're sad about this terrible thing and we'll grieve forever, but we'll bear it and carry on bravely" as bereaved parents have since time immemorial, they are trying to force the world to change, to erase something that cannot be erased. And collect and spend other people's hard-earned money while they're at it-- while this was not originally THEIR idea, they haven't turned it down, either.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the parents runs for political office, period. Who wouldn't vote for any of them? People who are not afraid of being "guilted" into it.
    Last edited by Linnie; 03-25-2015 at 07:14 PM.

51. 03-26-2015, 10:49 AM
    Reason
    Dupe

jafsell Guest
    I read in the report on the shooting that Adam had saw therapists throughout his life. He saw one therapists who he discussed schizophrenia with in detail, but he did not report having any of those symptoms. The therapist put him on an antidepressant, but after only one day of taking it, Adam claimed he "could not lift his arm, and was profusely sweating." First off, it takes a number of weeks before an antidepressant is shown to work or not. He complained after one day. His mom emailed the therapist complaining and the therapist suggested they come in for another appointment to work things out but they never did. He so clearly needed help! I'm currently a graduate student in Psychology and everything about him screams "this guy needs help!" To list all that was wrong with him would take far too long, but what should stand out too anyone is his extreme isolation. That is not normal in a child his age, and it is not normal for anyone- at any age! It is dangerous and not healthy.

It seems as if Adam had a certain control over his mother. She, as described in the full report, "catered to his every need." She prepared only certain foods, she was wasn't able to have guests over because it "upset Adam," he asked her to stand certain ways (i.e., not leaning or slouching because it was improper) and she did it. He didn't want to communicate with anyone- including her- and she allowed it. When he was sick, he did not want anyone near him, so Nancy would lay on the floor just outside his door.