Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong

I was hoping the allegations weren't true. I don't know why, but I was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwem Guest
    I am sorry but there is only one side to this story. He cheated and he lied year after year after year. He then crucified his team and called them liars.

Now he is going to turn tables and become a saint for tattling on people. I am sure he will throw in a few team members who were not "nice" to him. OMG why would anyone trust this guy?

To top it off is it true he is going to be allowed to compete in other sports? Why? How the hell does that work? He shouldn't be allowed to compete in any kind of professional sport ever.

I guess this teaches children and adults that you can do whatever you want through life. You can cheat and walk over people and when you are caught you simply hook up with Oprah and say "my bad".

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    And the asshole is still being treated with kid gloves by O!! I can't believe it.

Oprah has pulled out the red carpet for this screw-up like none of it happened. Good old fawning, ass kissing O... (snip)
    Ding, ding, ding!!!! This is why I can't stand Oprah! She is always fawning over and ass-kissing people who do things like this (except that poor author James Frey, who, although he may have embellished things in his book, at least is may have helped people!). Grr, can't stand her self-righteous ass, and I've made it a point to *not* read any book she recommended in her stupid book club. Okay, not really, but I almot want to avoid them, just because!

I've always gotten a bad vibe from Armstrong. I agree, he'll do his 'poor me' thing, and people will forgive him because he'll say he has a 'problem'.

What gets me is all the poor Olympians who weren't able to compete back in the day because it was found out they were 'professional', e.g. were paid money for endorsements, or some other sports, etc. Or Pete Rose, as much as he may annoy me, is still being punished for his gambling thing.

I guess doping is the norm now in pro sports, which is sad.

actually I would disagree with you there, Katrina
    I think James Frey lying and reinforcing stereotypes about people with addictions is much more dangerous than doping to ride a bike quickly.
    either way, I don't support lying though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pwem Guest
    I find Oprah's words "mesmerizing and riveting" especially delicious.

Hyperbole at it's finest or expectations very, very low?

There is only one word for this guy and it rhymes with hunt.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I wondered why he never was sponsored by "uniball"
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    *raises hand*

I know! I know!

CUNT!!!

He's the new L-word as far as I'm concerned...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

pwem Guest
    Oh really! I was thinking of the word "RUNT" myself.

Am I the only one or has anyone else had the name Michael Phelps flutter over their mind recently?

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    *raises hand*

I know! I know!

CUNT!!!

He's the new L-word as far as I'm concerned...
    Lunt Armstrong-- lying sack of shit.

Nelliebean Guest
    Let's hope the one nut jerk off has to pay everything back.

I can't even tell you how disappointing this revelation is. After surviving cancer and then going on to win 7 times... and then learning the whole time he was a fraud and a cheat. I hope we never hear about him again...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

One of his friends is tearing him a new A on Anderson Cooper right now. She might be a little psycho, but she's entertaining me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Yeah, he's done. Throwing everyone else under the bus to save what's left of his own ass... Doubt anyone would want any affiliation with him.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Rhonda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    One of his friends is tearing him a new A on Anderson Cooper right now. She might be a little psycho, but she's entertaining me.
    Agreed. Oprah and Lance are making me throw-up in my mouth a tiny bit. I had to change the channel.
    Last edited by Rhonda; 01-17-2013 at 10:20 PM.

He appears to be lacking in sincerity but I admit I haven't listened to him speak before so maybe I just don't see it. I also notice that when he answers a question with "no" his head is nodding up and down, and when answering "yes' his head is shaking side to side...hmmmm......
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Agreed. Oprah and Lance are making me throw-up in my mouth a tiny bit. I had to change the channel.
    I had to change the channel too. She just went on and on and on and on and on, and tonight was only Part 1. After Oprah's first series of yes or no questions, that's all I really needed to hear. Everything else was mental masturbation.

I don't feel bad for Lance Armstrong at all, but very sad for all of those who he had bullied when they testified against him. Apparently some even got death threats. My only other thought is that Lance Armstrong is an idiot for taking testosterone and other PEDs because both are known to increase the chances of getting cancer. With his history, if there is just once cancer cell lurking somewhere in his body, the growth hormones will put it into warp speed mode and he's a dead man. A stupid, lying, cheating dead man.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    actually I would disagree with you there, Katrina
    I think James Frey lying and reinforcing stereotypes about people with addictions is much more dangerous than doping to ride a bike quickly.
    either way, I don't support lying though.
    Sorry, my bad. I don't support it either.

Anyway, I just read an article on Yahoo Sports, and this about sums it up for me:

"Across 90 minutes with Oprah Winfrey, Lance Armstrong did more than admit he cheated to win his seven Tour de France titles. He revealed a measure of the man that he is and this much is certain: If you never met this jerk, well, count your blessings.

At one point during the interview, he couldn't recall how many people he'd sued. Really. He not only didn't know the number, he couldn't even be sure when asked about specific individuals that his mighty, powerful legal team relentlessly tried to bury.
    It's worth noting that many of the people he's sued through the years in an effort to protect his lies and glory were one-time close friends, roommates, teammates, business partners and associates."

Uhh, yeah. What a guy.

pwem Guest
    I give credit to anyone who managed to watch the interview without breaking into laughter and/or sometimes anger.

Looks like sentiment is running against him 100 to one. I think people are fed up with being lied to by the powers that be whether sports god, politician, government, or media. We have truly had enough.

He said his piece now give him the boot. He doesn't have enough integrity to be a bike messenger.

He doesn't have enough integrity to be a bike messenger.
    Lol. I think that would be the best...'Course now with no speed inducing formulas it would take him 3 fucking days to deliver your message.

Bidmor Guest
    And in late breaking news, Lance Bakery which produces snack crackers, has announced the company will be changing its name. Stay tuned.

RebelRocker Guest
    i dont keep up with sports, none of them, so i really dont see the big deal in him using steriods. same thing goes for barry bonds and the other atheletes that took them. yeah they lied about it but honestly why is it just lance armstrong, barry bonds being made an example of? didnt everyone use some of type of drug to help their bodies get stronger?

You said it, Buttercup.

People like this always come out smelling like a rose. They have the looks, the charisma, the money. I can pretty much guarantee he has not learned his lesson and this new "in touch with his feelings and oh-so-remorseful" scam artist will be back selling his lies to anyone who will listen.

People are wondering who he is going to blame for his years of lies. Let's see the possible choices..

1) Why... the drugs of course

2) The competitive world of sport.

3) His mommy and daddy.

4) He didn't want to let down the poor widdle kids who worshipped him so he had to keep the lies going.

5) The French.

6) Cancer.

7) The fans who "forced" him to succeed.

Place yer bets folks!

Number 5

Just because I don't really like the French all that much.............

Bidmor Guest
    Personally I'm sick of incessant new repetition about Armstong and the Notre Dame player with the non-existent girlfriend. One is a lying, cheating jerk and the other is a loon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Personally I'm sick of incessant new repetition about Armstong and the Notre Dame player with the non-existent girlfriend. One is a lying, cheating jerk and the other is a loon.
    Hear, Hear......

It's amazing what we call news nowadays.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Rosebud666 Guest
    Lance who?

Oh wait a minute - isn't he that guy who got dumped by Sheryl Crow? She's hawt!

Nelliebean Guest
    I used to live with someone involved in professional bike racing and Armstrong has always been a bullying son of a bitch. A real egomaniac.

Mammy Guest
    I would imagine that the exwife who saw him through his cancer is glad to be rid of old one nut. He sounds like a colossal prick.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Now that is funny
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I'm thinking the next athlete to confess to
    Oprah Winfrey will be Manti Te'o.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I'm thinking the next athlete to confess to
    Oprah Winfrey will be Manti Te'o.
    Or possibly the Chinese women's gymnastics team. There is no way any of those girls is old enough to be in high school.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Rhonda Guest
    I will bet that the ratings for tonight's Oprah/Lance Bore-A-Thon will be zilch. It is sad that Oprah has taken to regurgitating old tv interviewees on the "Where Are They Now" show. Pretty soon she will be on her own "Where Are They Now"....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    I will bet that the ratings for tonight's Oprah/Lance Bore-A-Thon will be zilch. It is sad that Oprah has taken to regurgitating old tv interviewees on the "Where Are They Now" show. Pretty soon she will be on her own "Where Are They Now"....
    Yes I agree, never got the whole 'Oprah in the afternoon" talk show
    anyway.

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Or possibly the Chinese women's gymnastics team. There is no way any of those girls is old enough to be in high school.
    And you know the Chinese are loving every minute of this Armstrong thing. After so many years of having the finger pointed at them they are taking perverse pleasure in all this.

In his interviews he is surely going to...

1) Choke back tears at some point. Not much but the voice will crack.

2) He will talk about his kids.

3) He will not be forthcoming about naming names because, hey, he isn't a tattletale.

4) He will mention God.

5) He will dodge, skirt issues of real importance.

6) He will use the ubiquitous and meaningless phrase "if I can help just one person it will all be worth it".

Bonus prediction: Oprah will maintain an attitude of respectful, even reverential, curiosity.

Nelliebean Guest
    He's done. May I suggest Big Time Wrestling as his next venture? He can fight as Lance Lug Nut

pwem Guest
    Bwahahaha!

Just wondering if all the people he sued, lives he ruined and generally screwed over can now sue him. Now that would be poetic justice and very apropos. He could end up selling bicycle horns on the shopping network just to make rent.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

dirt bag...I don't watch the "O"....but the reviews of his being on her show are not favorable..."cold" "calculating" "unfeeling" "unremorseful"...yeah, that would be Lance!
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Just wondering if all the people he sued, lives he ruined and generally screwed over can now sue him. Now that would be poetic justice and very apropos. He could end up selling bicycle horns on the shopping network just to make rent.
    Who did he sue and why? I've never heard about that.

Starstruck Guest
    My thoughts, I hope testicular cancer was worth it Lance and I hate to think what health issues he is going to face in the future
    possibly as result of doping up.

Second I cannot stand Oprah I think her interviewing skills are woeful and if I have to see her nod her head and say uh-huh one more time I will scream.

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Who did he sue and why? I've never heard about that.

Apparently it was so many, even one nut Lance couldn't remember all of them.

If there really is any real justice in this world, his bank accounts need to be emptied and all money divided to all he tried to smear and sue.

If any corporations plan to sponsor him in any way or fashion, mark my words, I will boycott. I don't care if it's an apology tour, he deserves zilch in any money. He made millions lying and cheating, and by giving him any new chances is simply enabling, rewarding and condoning his behavior.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 01-19-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Cindy

Armstrong, keeping up with the 21rst century concept that if you were a young victim, you can get away with anything. So Lance will lie and tell all that he was molested by a male bike salesman when a child and that the salesman fondled the testicle that is now gone and Lance was forced to lash out and live a life of lies.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Nelliebean Guest
    He sued anyone who implied he was doping. The arrogant asshole really had nerve.

Mammy Guest
    He is definitely a Lunt just like you said.

Wendy A. Guest
    He's such a scum bag! He's also getting ready to become a poor scumbag. He's banned from competition and coaching and will be paying back MILLIONS of dollars. Here's an article where he's being sued by the post office, that will set him back 30mil. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/15/news...nce-armstrong/By the time everyone is through with him he'll be lucky to be able to afford a cardboard box to live in.

Wait a second here. He sued people for implying he used 'roids and won? What for? Defamation of character? If so, that's nutty. He's a public figure. There's a much narrower scope of law for public figures than there is the rest of us is why I say that.

Is that what happened?

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Wait a second here. He sued people for implying he used 'roids and won? What for? Defamation of character? If so, that's nutty. He's a public figure. There's a much narrower scope of law for public figures than there is the rest of us is why I say that.

Is that what happened?
    Yes he did. He sued people that were close friends and team mates. He's a real low life.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    i dont keep up with sports, none of them, so i really dont see the big deal in him using steriods. same thing goes for barry bonds and the other atheletes that took them. yeah they lied about it but honestly why is it just lance armstrong, barry bonds being made an example of? didnt everyone use some of type of drug to help their bodies get stronger?
    There were quite a few people in the cycling world that have been stripped of their titles for doping- not just Armstrong. Maybe using performance enhancers isn't a big deal to you, but it to those who have developed horrendous illnesses (Lyle Alzado I think was one of them-brain cancer?), and it gives them an edge over athletes who train naturally.

On top of that, Armstrong and Bonds both lied about their doping. Because they knew it was against the rules and that they would lose everything if they were found out. I knew the minute there was even one whiff of a rumor of doping against Armstrong that he was guilty. Why? Because it's usually true. Just like tabloid magazines can predict the demise of a celebrity marriage/coupling with deadly accuracy. So to protect his rep, he bullied and sued people who put their faith in him. He cared more for his money and celebrity than he did for his own loved ones. He is everything that is wrong with this world- pretending to be a hero when he's really a cold calculating imposter.

It's called Karma, and it's pronounced "HaHa, Fuck you".
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Nelliebean Guest
    I hope his one nut is barred from future contact with any racing bike seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    He's such a scum bag! He's also getting ready to become a poor scumbag. He's banned from competition and coaching and will be paying back MILLIONS of dollars. Here's an article where he's being sued by the post office, that will set him back 30mil. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/15/news...nce-armstrong/By the time everyone is through with him he'll be lucky to be able to afford a cardboard box to live in.
    I personally would love to see this happen. My wish is for world peace and to see Lance on TMZ huddled in his Maytag box on skid row. It would be the best Karma picture ever.
    Cindy