Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Hag Get Together Jan 17, 2009

Death Hag Get Together Jan 17, 2009

Saturday afternoon, 3pm.

The Hollywood Museum of Death

www.myspace.com/museumofdeath

I spoke to my pals JD and Cathy who run the joint, and they said they would hack a tiny bit off the admission price, just for us Death Hags.

They also promised that the Manson/Celebrity Death room would be open for the occasion.

6031 Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028

We will meet in front, step inside, pay our dues and experience this Hollywood treasure. They've recently returned, and it's long overdue.

Within its walls you'll find a serial killer's head, Heaven's Gate bunk beds and a real live two-headed turtle. Come join us.

Afterwards, we'll no doubt sniff out some dive bar. My favorite Hollywood day.

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Oh how cool. I want to go.

3. 01-12-2009, 11:10 AM

Littleroben Guest
    There's a thread in the other part of Strictly Business about meeting up on 17th, I think thats at the Museum of Death, you might want to post on that one?

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Delivian is thinking about making an appearance.

**Jenna** Guest
    That sounds like fun.

I'd love to go but it's blasted tax season. See you after April 16th though maybe if you end up having something going then.

What's the normal admission fee? Hubz and I may be able to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

1karenhb Guest
    I'm planning on being there!

HKWolf Guest
    A Museum of Death? I would so be there if i could. Have fun!

Makes me want to go to the Mutter Museum in Philly....one day!

veronica_dribblethwaite Guest
    If Scott ever headed East, I'd happily join a Death Hag trip to the Mutter in Philly!
    It's actually a beautiful space, the displays are amazing and perfectly placed.
    I highly recommend it.
    So Scott, let us know if you ever have any plans to do this.

newsocks Guest
    i think me and the boyfriend will go!! weeee!!!

Just called my sis and said she should go too. I forgot we were planning on going shopping at the Citadel this Saturday, but we can do that before the museum I'm excited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    I will probably make it; we were thinking of creeping a few hot new LA death spots earlier in the day and I have not been to the newly re-opened Museum of Death yet.

I wonder if they have a lot of the same things they used to have, I'm hoping there is also some new stuff.

I would be there in a heartbeat, but alas my husband and oldest boy are going to Death Valley (oh the irony) over this weekend with my son's boy scout troop. That leaves me home with my nine year-old who I have already promised a (god-forsaken) afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese's this Saturday.

It is very tempting to take him to the Museum of Death instead, but I can just see him sitting in a 12-Step meeting 20 years from now sharing about how his Mom promised to take him to Chuck E. Cheese's but tricked him and took him to the Museum of Death instead. Hmmm, but maybe if I offer to pay for therapy...
    Any day above ground is a good day.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I would be there in a heartbeat, but alas my husband and oldest boy are going to Death Valley (oh the irony) over this weekend with my son's boy scout troop. That leaves me home with my nine year-old who I have already promised a (god-forsaken) afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese's this Saturday.

It is very tempting to take him to the Museum of Death instead, but I can just see him sitting in a 12-Step meeting 20 years from now sharing about how his Mom promised to take him to Chuck E. Cheese's but tricked him and took him to the Museum of Death instead. Hmmm, but maybe if I offer to pay for therapy...

We'll take up a collection to pay for his therapy geekygirl! Sorry you can't make it.

AmyH Guest
    I want to go! Damn living in London!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    This makes me wanna weep...

im soo jealous!!!!!!!

sweetie103 Guest
    Im going to try and make it but I think I may still be out of town unless I drive really really fast.

Paige B Guest

Boo Hoo

Crying 'cause I can't go!!

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    What's the normal admission fee? Hubz and I may be able to go.
    The clip from the Ripley's believe it or Not show on their myspace page showed a sign saying $7 admission.

Of course, I don't know how much it is now. Have fun, everyone! Makes me want to relocate.

Meli Guest
    This sucks!! Tennessee is way to far away from LA *sob*

bblvnvelphy Guest
    aww i want to go =(

but im stuck going to Norco for the day

*sob*, no babysitter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    *sob*, no babysitter
    *sob*....no plane ticket to California....have fun guys....!!

cachluv Guest
    I hope you guys have a wonderful time Please someone do the pics thing and share!!!!

Those lucky hags that get to go, Hope you have a blast. Take a couple of pics if ya can.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

grrrnay Guest
    J E A L O U S. yep.
    I would be willing to arrange a consolation hag brunch in the Nashville area for those of us in the south if anyone is interested..... After maybe go lay some flowers and pour a PBR over the grave of Tootsie Bess?

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    *sob*....no plane ticket to California....have fun guys....!!
    Gosh, you always have a way of putting me in my place

BTW, the no babysitter post was typed after half a bottle of wine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Hey guys...Hope you have a great time...I'll be thinkin on ya's!!!

JestersKiss Guest
    Hope yer all having a good time, today....."pouts and walks away kicking a rock"

Paige B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrnay View Post
    J E A L O U S. yep.
    I would be willing to arrange a consolation hag brunch in the Nashville area for those of us in the south if anyone is interested..... After maybe go lay some flowers and pour a PBR over the grave of Tootsie Bess?
    Damn! this sounds like fun too!!

lolly89 Guest
    wishes I could be a part of it....but I live half a world away sadness

Have fun though guys!

have fun today,and think of those who cant be there.post photos and stories please!!!!!

newsocks Guest
    i totally missed it.
    laid in bed all day sick. stupid sinus'!!!

Elizabeth Guest

Pics?

Any pics?? Anyone??

Just to make the rest of us jealous.....

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    i totally missed it.
    laid in bed all day sick. stupid sinus'!!!
    Me too. I was sick most of the day... and then late at night I realized the date and knew I missed it. Damn!

I hope someone posts some pics....

Fujicakes Guest
    *sigh* I wanted to go, but I knew my chances weren't so good. I hope that whoever went had fun Please post pics if you can! I might visit the museum some time within the next few weeks and I wanna know how it's like.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    I went it was a good time, good to see Scott. The museum of death was even better than I remember it from years ago. There was only about 20 people that showed, most of which I don't think were on this forum. I took a few pictures, the 2 headed turtle, some random death things, and as always a picture with Scott. We went and got a few drinks afterwards with the group before departing and seeking out some other haunts. Was a nice afternoon.

Jinglygypsy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I went it was a good time, good to see Scott. The museum of death was even better than I remember it from years ago. There was only about 20 people that showed, most of which I don't think were on this forum. I took a few pictures, the 2 headed turtle, some random death things, and as always a picture with Scott. We went and got a few drinks afterwards with the group before departing and seeking out some other haunts. Was a nice afternoon.
    Sounds like it was a fun day!
    How big would you say The Museum of Death is? It appears relatively small in the video on their myspace page. I'd just like to know what to expect before I make my way over there. Thanks!!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I was all set to go then ended up in Urgent Care all day to see the Dr for 3 minutes and for him to tell me I have Tonsilitis. Jeez.

43. 01-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    POO!!!

45. 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinglygypsy View Post
    Sounds like it was a fun day!
    How big would you say The Museum of Death is? It appears relatively small in the video on their myspace page. I'd just like to know what to expect before I make my way over there. Thanks!!
    It is about the same size as the old museum of death from years ago, small but a whole lot to see. There is a lot to see in each area and I know I could have spent a lot more time examining details if there had not been such a big group of us going through. I really enjoyed the serial killers head on display and the taxidermy room (A 2 headed chicken, 2 butted chicken LOL) as I own a lot of that stuff myself. I also enjoyed some of the rare Elizabeth Short photos as well and hearing Scott comment on certain things. I'm also a sucker for original serial killer art which there is no shortage of.

One of the owners told me that they are opening an art gallery next door and one of the first exhibits they are going to have will be an artist that does large-scale amazingly detailed paintings in his own blood.

Jinglygypsy Guest
    Thanks, Delivian, for the interesting tidbits about the museum! I can't wait to see it for myself. I am also very curious about this artist who paints with his own blood...I can't imagine how long it would take to complete a piece! Wow!

newsocks Guest
    One of the owners told me that they are opening an art gallery next door and one of the first exhibits they are going to have will be an artist that does large-scale amazingly detailed paintings in his own blood.
    ive seen that artists' work before!! his name is escaping me! damnit
    edit: OHOH his name is Vincent Castiglia
    google image link here: http://images.google.com/images?q=Vi...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

i NEED to go to this museum!! on the 1st after i get paid i am going FOR SURE!!!

did they have a shop at all?
    Last edited by newsocks; 01-23-2009 at 05:22 PM.

ozzysmom Guest
    where are the pis.....i wanna see....i wanna see.....

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Ya know...That guy is AMAZING!!! That is what you call puttin yourself into your work...

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    where are the pics.....i wanna see....i wanna see.....
    I did not take very many pictures at the MOD because we were asked not to inside. I took a bunch of other pictures on our death outings around LA that day though (Bettie Pageâ??s grave, Bugsy Siegelâ??s death house ECT).

Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Conjoined Turtles (1).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	12161  
    Last edited by D3LIVIÃ?N; 06-04-2009 at 11:42 AM.

I did not take very many pictures at the MOD because we were asked not to inside. I took a bunch of other pictures on our death outings around LA that day though (Bettie Pageâ??s grave, Bugsy Siegelâ??s death house ECT).

Here are a few of the only pictures taken at the MOD, one is of the conjoined two headed turtle, and the other is Scott Michaels and myself (edited for your protection lol).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Conjoined Turtles (1).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	12161Attachment 12162
    Awww, why the edit???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I always did like Scott's snazzy haircut. Luv the "cleanskull" look.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.