Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which unsolved crime/death would you most like to see solved?

ajlposh Guest
    JFK murder
    Bob Crane murder

Lily_Aleister Guest
    JonBenet Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Wow I've never heard this before. I'll have to look into it. Very interesting and not out of the realm of possiblity. Do they think that two people collaborated to be Zodiac or that some of the killings were completely independant and attributed to someone else?

Hope that made sense.
    From what I've read, it's highly suspected that 2 individuals were involved. And concerning the Manson angle, the members of the family were more than willing and capable to protect their own. There are several other "suspects"; however, Bruce Davis seemed to be the one that could be placed at most of the scenes due to the timeline of his known whereabouts and activities before he was arrested.

A few that come to mind . . . .

TEXARKANA PASSION KILLER

JonBenet RAMSEY

KARYN KUPCINET
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Danny62 Guest
    Bob Crane and Jack the Ripper. At least who really knows who Jack the Ripper was.

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    The Kevin Collins kidnapping. How a 10 year old sitting at a bus stop at oak and Masonic Streets in San Franciscos Haight-Ashbury can vanish without a trace is beyond me. That was 1984. To this day theyve never found him
    I remember Kevin Collins! I would love to know what happened with him..
    I would also like to find out what happened to Amber Swartz-Garcia, Michaela Girecht, and Ilene Mishelhoff, all children that dissappeared from the east bay in the late 80's-

and hello all, I am back!!!

I've got to **bump** this thread; it's fascinating! I just finished "A Beautiful Child" about Sharon Marshall. How could it be that no one ever figured out who she is?

I also read Rachel Howard's The Lost Night about her father's unsolved murder in Merced, California in 1986(?) He was stabbed to death in the middle of the night with his wife, 10 year old Rachel, her stepmother and her 9 year old stepbrother asleep in the house.

And, I would have to agree with all the choices made by other posters as well.....

carebearsluv Guest
    I have a personal one...

About 6 years ago a good friend of mine was found burned in his car. Actually, all that was left was a few teeth to identify him.

His wife was 7 months preg at the time. Evidently he pissed off her uncles (who just happened to be cops *roll eyes*), and they roughed him up one night at his place of employment.

2 nights later his car is found on fire in the Target parking lot. But, get this.... the camera just happened to not be working that night *rolling eyes again*)

After a half-assed investigation, they just ruled it as suicide, and closed the case.

His mom called the NAACP, because she didn't know what to do, she knew that her son wasn't suicidal, and felt that the cops had something to do with it and was covering something up. Their investigation headed nowhere, so it was just dropped.

But one thing that disturbs me the most is that I cant find any information about his death anywhere. It's like they just wiped everything out.....

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    I have a personal one...

About 6 years ago a good friend of mine was found burned in his car. Actually, all that was left was a few teeth to identify him.

His wife was 7 months preg at the time. Evidently he pissed off her uncles (who just happened to be cops *roll eyes*), and they roughed him up one night at his place of employment.

2 nights later his car is found on fire in the Target parking lot. But, get this.... the camera just happened to not be working that night *rolling eyes again*)

After a half-assed investigation, they just ruled it as suicide, and closed the case.

His mom called the NAACP, because she didn't know what to do, she knew that her son wasn't suicidal, and felt that the cops had something to do with it and was covering something up. Their investigation headed nowhere, so it was just dropped.

But one thing that disturbs me the most is that I cant find any information about his death anywhere. It's like they just wiped everything out.....

I noticed since I have been here in Texas, that there are a lot of "Suicides" here. Please, don't get me wrong, they probably happen alot in other places, but here in East Texas, it kinda rampant.

And the NAACP here sucks big time. All they care about is who is gonna be the president of the chapter here.
    That they have not released any info, or no info on the case, is not strange. But, if the media hasn't gotten wind of it, maybe someone should let CNN know ? They were told of the cops ,in this small town down here, pulling over people, and stealing their possessions
    As for crimes I would like the answer to:

JFK and RFK
    Tupac Shakur
    Black Dahlia
    Zodiac
    Andrew and Abby Borden
    Jimmy Hoffa
    Christina Williams
    Last edited by dovescry1999; 05-17-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added my two cents...plz send change to Scott!

annannanna Guest
    I would like to know what happened to Jonathan Luna and Ray Gricar (I think thats the spelling) I read "The Midnight Ride of Jonathan Luna" and i still don't know who dunnit.

carebearsluv Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    I noticed since I have been here in Texas, that there are a lot of "Suicides" here. Please, don't get me wrong, they probably happen alot in other places, but here in East Texas, it kinda rampant.

And the NAACP here sucks big time. All they care about is who is gonna be the president of the chapter here.
    That they have not released any info, or no info on the case, is not strange. But, if the media hasn't gotten wind of it, maybe someone should let CNN know ? They were told of the cops ,in this small town down here, pulling over people, and stealing their possessions

The thing is, he wasn't a "set himself on fire" type of person. Most of us believe that the cops off'd him, and burned everything to cover evidence.

And about the media, the weird thing, is that it was covered in the news and in the papers, but when we search online for the info, it is gone, though it was there before.

I have tried to find the archived newspapers as well, but for some reason the library doesn't have them.

ZoeAnne Guest
    Sharon Marshall would be the first on my list....then
    Black Dahlia
    Jack the Ripper (highly unlikely now......but.....)
    Zodiac is up there too
    Who was he?.....'Grateful Doe' the young man who died in a car accident after a Grateful Dead concert has been one that has always intrigued me
    and lastly....
    Who was she?......'Mary Anderson' and older women who committed suicide in a hotel room in Washington......very odd

Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    I would like to know what happened to Jonathan Luna and Ray Gricar (I think thats the spelling) I read "The Midnight Ride of Jonathan Luna" and i still don't know who dunnit.
    Yes!! Ray Gricar! I'd forgotten about him, had read quite a bit on the story on another forum. The story (and Ray) just seem to have faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeAnne View Post
    Sharon Marshall would be the first on my list....then
    Black Dahlia
    Jack the Ripper (highly unlikely now......but.....)
    Zodiac is up there too
    Who was he?.....'Grateful Doe' the young man who died in a car accident after a Grateful Dead concert has been one that has always intrigued me
    and lastly....
    Who was she?......'Mary Anderson' and older women who committed suicide in a hotel room in Washington......very odd
    Like Sharon Marshall, I can't believe Grateful Doe has never been ID'd.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I just watched a show about Sharon Marshall and Floyd. Can't remember which channel. The book, A Beautiful Child, is haunting.

I can't believe they haven't figured out who she was, either. And her son, it's like he just went up in a poof of smoke, gone.

tarsier Guest
    The Oakland County Child Killer aka The Babysitter. iving just South of Toledo I remember when this was going on and most the kids were around my age at the time.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Oh garsh, Tarsier, OCCK has been one of my pet cases forever! That and Paige Renkoski. (posted that earlier in the thread).

Livingston County is my home stomping grounds, where Paige disappeared. I have a friend in LE who says they have a good idea of who was responsible but absolutely no evidence and her body has never been found.

The OCCK changed so many things; even though it was a county away, it really had an affect on those of us who were the right age. We were on serious lockdown.

I was hoping when they convicted the retired auto worker, it might shed some light, but no such luck.

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    There are lots, JonBenet, Marilyn, Elizabeth Short, Son of Sam, Jeff MacDonald's family, and just how many victims did Manson's gang really kill? Any crime that gets lots of media attention usually interests me. Oh, and while Im at it, Anna Nicole Smith and her son. WTF happenened to all of them?
    The MacDonald case was what got me into true crime. Do you think he didn't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I just watched a show about Sharon Marshall and Floyd. Can't remember which channel. The book, A Beautiful Child, is haunting.

I can't believe they haven't figured out who she was, either. And her son, it's like he just went up in a poof of smoke, gone.
    MRS. WATSON!!! I would love to see that show! If you remember the channel or the title or the series, PLEASE let me know!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I'm still trying to figure out what show it was, I thought it might have been The Investigators, but it wasn't.

I did, however, find an update from the author who wrote A Beautiful Child. Sounds like he might actually have something. http://mattbirkbeck.com/blog/?m=200807

ajlposh Guest
    The JFK Assasination
    Bob Crane murder
    George Reeves murder/suicide

TallulahDahling Guest
    I'd love to know who Jack the Ripper was.

I, like the rest of us would like to know the details of Caylee Anthony's last hours.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearsluv View Post
    The thing is, he wasn't a "set himself on fire" type of person. Most of us believe that the cops off'd him, and burned everything to cover evidence.

And about the media, the weird thing, is that it was covered in the news and in the papers, but when we search online for the info, it is gone, though it was there before.

I have tried to find the archived newspapers as well, but for some reason the library doesn't have them.
    I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through...
    If you can find any info, or need any help in searching, let me know. I have a few free days towards the end of the month...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahDahling View Post
    I'd love to know who Jack the Ripper was.
    Yes, me too. That is the one case above all the rest that I would love to know who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I, like the rest of us would like to know the details of Caylee Anthony's last hours.
    I'm afraid all you'd have to do is cover your face in duct tape and get in the trunk of your car. And wonder why your mommy did this, and if she's coming back for you.

burgtwngrl Guest
    There are lots...

I'd like to find out who Jack the ripper was for sure

I'd like to find out who killed Elizabeth Short

I'd like to see the Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman Murder Case be closed even though we all know who did it.

I'd like to find out who Murdered Christa Helm

I'd like to find out the Idenity of the Zodiac Killer

I'd like to see the Tupac and Biggie Smalls murders be closed

that's all I can think of at the moment

burgtwngrl Guest
    What really happened the night George Reeves died and what really happened the night Paul Bern Died....

I'd like to know what happened in that hotel room between Virginia Rappe and Fatty Arbuckle also

TIMB1967 Guest
    The Colonial Parkway Murders. These murders happened years ago near my hometown in Virginia. As far as I know they never found the person or persons responsible. Has anyone on here heard anything else about these killings recently?
    http://parkway.crimeshadows.com
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/colonial_parkway_killer

TIMB1967 Guest
    Also, Jack the Ripper's true identity, George Reeves supposed suicide/murder..so many others that everyone else has named. There are so many unsolved cases.

bluebird14 Guest
    Well here are a few that jump to my mind

1. The Black Dahlia
    2. Jeffery MacDonald's family (I mean there is evidence proving there were other people in the house besides the MacDonald family!)
    3.Zodiac
    4. tupac
    5, jon benet ramsey

I'm just very thankful that most of the people in the Green River killings were identified, and that they caught the killer! That used to be one case I really wanted solved!

pistolpete Guest
    the theft of my car stereo in the 80's...still no suspects

I'd like to see Madeleine McCann's case solved

Hoffa.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I would love to know exactly what went down at Jeffrey McDonald's house, from the time Collette got home from school to the time the first call for help was made.

Gorey Guest
    I'd have to add the Kingsbury Run Murders of the 30's. Who and how......

bluebird14 Guest
    You know, years ago there was a case that facinated me. A little girl named Kaylie Polton was kiddnapped from upstate NY. For years the parents (who were divorced) blamed each other for not watching her. Aparently the mom answered the phone, turned her back from the window and her daughter was kidnapped.

For about 10 years there were no leads, no arrests, and no suspects. I thought since she was soo beautiful that someone had kidnapped her and sold her in the black market.

Long story short, 5 years ago the discovered her body from a water treatment plant. Aparently one of the neighbors kidnapped her and killed her, kept her body for a while, then took it to work and left her there. They arrested him and he is rotting in jail now.

But at least these parents finally could know what happened to their little girl. I was just happy about that. I couldnt imagine having a child kidnapped and never knowing what happened to him/her.

bluebird14 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I would love to know exactly what went down at Jeffrey McDonald's house, from the time Collette got home from school to the time the first call for help was made.
    I used to think that he was innocent, but if you go to the Jeffery McDonald murders thread, you'll find all this info.

Aparently, he was molesting his eldest daughter, who was about 3-5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    I used to think that he was innocent, but if you go to the Jeffery McDonald murders thread, you'll find all this info.

Aparently, he was molesting his eldest daughter, who was about 3-5 years old.
    I have trawled all through "the Jeff files", but I'm thinking more along the lines of "fly on the wall" truth that died with his family. Or an interview with Colette from the other side. Or evp's from the house before it was torn down. You know, haggy research.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I think we already know who killed JonBenet Ramsey.

As for Jack the Ripper, NOOOO! No way, there is a certain feeling that follows his case and I hope it NEVER gets solved. Maybe it's because I have an image in my head of who he was and I don't want it to be ruined.

I would have to say Adam Walsh's son... I do NOT believe the guy they're saying did it is responsible.

TIMB1967 Guest
    Who was the killer from that movie "The Town That Dreaded Sundown"? That was based on true events or so I've heard.

Mammy Guest
    There are several cases of missing people who I have wondered about over the years.
    Jennifer and Adrianna Wix
    Christy Lynn Carroll, unsolved murder
    Angela Marie Hammond
    3 missing women from Springfield, Missouri- Sherrill Levitt, Suzy Streeter, and Stacy McCall
    Haleigh Cummings
    Stacy Peterson and her mother, Christie Cales
    Kristy O'Pry
    Jason Jolkowski
    Most of these are older and lesser known cases. I can't imagine not knowing where someone you loved is for years, or was murdered but the case never solved. That would be torture.

Mammy Guest
    I forgot to add Amanda Jones who was 9 months pregnant and went missing in August of 2005 from Missouri and also Heather Teague who disappeared in 1995 from Kentucky. Sorry I don't know how to do links, but googling any of these people's names gives a wealth of information.

tarsier Guest
    It came up in the article on the Muti killing thread the little boy found floating in the Thames never identified I believe they called him "Adam" when they found him around 2000. Kid killings always get me and unidentified dead kids are the worst for me.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    The ones who stand out.

Who killed the Black Dahlia.
    Who was D.B. Cooper.
    What happened to:
    Judge Crater.
    Donna Lass long suspected be a Zodiac victim.
    Jean Spangler.
    Kristin Smart.
    Natalie Holloway.
    Madeleine McCann

KarmaKat Guest
    How could you not know or report that your child is missing? How can a parent not care or want to do anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Crimes I'd like a solution to? Mine come from my home city, Liverpool, England.

In the 30s there was a murder "Julia Wallace". There have been many books, articles etc - but the murderer remains unknown for sure. This is an extremely famous unsolved mystery.

In the late 40s there was a robbery in a cinema, resulting in two men being tried and convicted of murder. One hanged for the crime. From the time the men were convicted there was lots of speculation that this was a miscarriage of justice. Both men were pardoned in 2003?. This was the Cameo Murders, Cameo being the name of the cinema.

The Julia Wallace case is so bizarre. I had forgotten all about it.
    I would like to see that solved.
    If anyone wants to read up on these facinating cases just google!

I'd love to see all of the classics solved:

Jack the Ripper
    Andrew and Abby Borden
    The Black Dahlia

among others. Just given the ages of the cases, the almost non-existent forensics of the day, and the lack of physical evidence surviving to the modern age, unlikely they'll ever be truly solved. At least with any crimes from the last 20 to 30 years, I hold out hope that they can be solved. At least there are procedures in place these days to preserve evidence, and it's still possible to track down leads and interview witnesses.

Lizzie Borden was at least an accessory to murder, I believe. She may not have swung the axe herself (but I'd not rule her out, either), but she was in the house that day and her behavior before, during and after the murders was odd. And she just happened to burn the dress she was wearing that day before it could be examined? Uh huh. She either stood by while someone else did it, or she did it herself.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    valerie percy

September 14, 2006 (WLS) -- Since 1966, investigators have been trying to solve one of metro Chicago's most mysterious and notorious crimes: the murder of Valerie Percy. Investigative reporter Chuck Goudie has new information on one of the longest unsolved murders in Illinois history.

Forty years ago, Charles Percy was the golden boy for Illinois Republicans. He had one eye on the U.S. Senate and one on the White House. Percy had wealth, ambition and twin daughters who returned from college the summer of '66 to campaign. But only one of the Percy twins lived to see Election Day. For the first time in 40 years, we hear from the twin who was spared. "We were identical twins, so I feel like she's pretty much a carbon copy, or we were carbon copies of each other. Everything changed that day and nothing has really ever been the same," said Sharon Percy Rockefeller.

Sharon Percy Rockefeller still tries to comprehend the nightmare she was awakened by on the morning of September 18, 1966. Inside her family's sprawling mansion, perched above the beach on Lake Michigan, her twin sister Valerie lay dying.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ews&id=4563621

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    I'm a fan of the Black Dahlia case, and would love to know "whodunit" - but there's another pair of senseless killings that I want solved. On June 8, 2008, two little girls, Taylor Paschal-Placker (age 13) and Skyla Jade Whitaker (age 11) were shot to death in a tiny little town called Weleetka, OK with a population of not very many. They had gone for an afternoon stroll along a little road, and they were gunned down close to home. There was more than one weapon used to kill them. There was no evidence of sexual abuse. Just two little girls, dead, for no apparent reason. I would like to know who, in that tiny little town or nearby, killed those little girls - and so would the people of Weleetka!

Read more: http://newsok.com/osbi-says-several-...#ixzz10kHgQd93