Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Darlie Routier

What I don't understand is why kill just 2 of her children? Didn't she have more? I know she was spoiled and selfish but why have kids if only to kill them?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    What I don't understand is why kill just 2 of her children? Didn't she have more? I know she was spoiled and selfish but why have kids if only to kill them?
    The baby, Drake, was upstairs asleep in the same room with her husband. She told her husband, Darin, that she was sleeping downstairs because the baby kept her awake at night. She "allowed" the other two boys, Damon and Devon, to sleep down there with her the night of the murders. She told about 16 versions of her story, beginning with she SLEPT THROUGH the murders of her children. Now, excuse me, but if you can't sleep in your own bed because a baby sleeping keeps you awake, how on God's green earth is it possible to sleep through your two boys being butchered four feet from you? One of the boys even tried to get away and was attacked a second time.

She killed them, in my opinion, because she believed her husband was cheating on her, they were financially ruined, the business was going under, she was suffering from some sort of post partum depression, she was taking diet pills, and any number of other bullcrap. She and her husband had a terrible fight the night of the murders and she asked him for a divorce. This little tidbit didn't come out until years later. Her own mother told me about it and then lied and claimed that she did not. It wasn't until Darin Routier filed an Affidavit that was attached to one of her appellate documents that he finally confessed to the argument.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    This happened less than five minutes from my house. I also happen to be friends with one of the prosecutors. She's guilty. Believe me, she's guilty. She's just been given the right to have some of the evidenced retested for DNA. Once that is done, her appeals should go by very quickly and Texas will get her lined up for the execution.

And what happens if the DNA is not hers and to someone else? Interesting thing if in fact she did not do it.

Wow, none of that info is ever revealed on the shows and articles they do about her.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

This case is one of the most fascinating I've ever read about, and it happened near where I live, so it was local news for a very long time. I don't have crime scene photos, but I have seen them during a presentation at a Forensics conference, and they are brutal. I agree with an earlier poster who said there was a lot of anger in this crime. There was a LOT of anger in this crime. One of the things that leads me to believe she is guilty is that she was supposedly a very light sleeper who had trouble sleeping in their bedroom when the baby would shift and his crib would move on the hard wood floor. However, she was able to sleep through two of her children being butchered only a few feet away from where she slept, and it was only when a) one of the boys touched her shoulder, b) she felt pressure "down there", c) she suddenly woke up to find a man standing over her (take your pick of her stories) that she became aware? If she had ever, ever claimed to have been taking a sleep medication, or something that made her so sleepy she could sleep through that, I'd be more willing to give her story credence, but she never has. I think that would have been my first excuse if I was guilty. "Officer, I took an Ambien CR, I would have slept through a bomb going off." Also, I can't speak for what anyone else would do, but I know as a mother, if I woke up to those circumstances, and the guy in question was on his way OUT of my house, as she claimed, the last thing I'd have done would be chase him. I'd be screaming for my husband and trying to stop the bleeding on my kids and dialing 911 as fast as possible, all at once, but I would NOT be chasing after the guy if he was running away. Sure, you'd want to catch him or give a good description to the police or whatever, but YOUR BABIES ARE DYING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! As for the graveside thing, I'm aware they did have a solemn service before the party, and the party made Darlie look really bad, but again, if my kids had been murdered just a week earlier, I think I'd still be doped out on Valium or something, not partying. Sure, everyone grieves differently, but I think there is probably at least a range of normalcy, and she was far, far outside of it. Just my opinion.

I've also heard people say that they don't think she did it, but that she knows who did. While this is certainly possible, again using myself as the center of the universe--there is NOBODY on this planet I'd go to death row for, if I knew they were guilty and I was not. Certainly I would not protect the identity of the person who murdered my children, if I could finger him for the police.

With all that said, I think they should definitely grant her a new trial if the latest round of DNA testing could give a jury reasonable doubt. I think if she's guilty (and I believe she is), she would be convicted again, but it's always better to err on the side of caution. Ya just can't take back an execution, y'know?

ETA: NeonCandy, I managed to miss your post just a bit up the page, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who found it odd that she was supposedly a light sleeper, but slept through this. It isn't something I've seen brought up before in the books or crime shows, but it seems obvious.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Looked all through this site and didn't find pics of the boys at autopsy. Only pics of Darlie's injuries. Help please.

Crime scene photographs are available here:

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/galleries.php

There are GRAPHIC images of the boys included. The injuries to those boys was so severe that Darlie's were mere scratches in comparison, IMO.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I have seen these before but I saw the ones with her whole right arm solid black and blue. Someone did this to her she didn't do it herself. You can see finger prints on her arms from someone grabbing her very hard. Her throat cut was not self inflicted so someone had to have done that. These are the things that bother me about her conviction. They have her cleaned up for these photos. They never show the ones of her before they took her to the hospital and cleaned and stiched her throat and chest and arms from the slash wounds.
    Either her husband was involved in this or someone else was. If she is guilty she had help she did not so this alone.
    She is not a likeable person, her neighbors didn't like her ,at least the women didn't. They said some pretty mean crap about her .
    I have my doubts but if she did this , they need to do her execution. If this new DNA testing comes up with evidence that she didn't then she has gone thru abit of hell herself. I would hate to see anyone die for something they did not do and was convicted on public opinion but I would really hate to see someone who could do this to their own chidlren or anyones children walk free.
    I do have my doubts about the husband too. I wonder if they ever tested her for some kind of drug that could have made her sleep thru that?

undertakeress Guest
    I think she did it. As far as the bruisng on her, when my muscles tighten up and I massage my arms to release the pressure, I bruise myself since I bruise so easily. You can see the fingerprints too. Even the cops I worked with asked if my boyfriend beat me up.

Her knife wound looks like she took her left arm and sliced her throat. I think the evidence shows she's guilty.

Katie Guest
    Thank you for providing the pictures. Some I had seen before, and the ones of her son I had not.

I also wonder about this case. Why would she pick up the knife? On the pictures you can see where she stood over the sink, with the blood on the floor. When did she have time for this. One of her son's was still alive when the police arrived.

She was not so badly hurt, that she had to be rushed to the hospital, but in fact stood on the front porch, and waited with the cops.

I also wonder about the husband. Did he not hear anything? Did those babies scream? Did Darlie?

What was the motive for an outside person to do this? Nothing stolen. Who hated these kids this much? But would allow the mother to live.

burgtwngrl Guest
    I think that she has some very serious mental issues...but I still think she did it and should have just punishment for the crime. I could never imagine taking my child's life. A mother is supposed to be the ultimate protector!

Darrianne Guest
    I don't know what to think but I do know that it nearly done me in looking at the little one in his blood soaked underwear. It terrifies me to think a mother could do that.......whatever the reason. But I have heard many conflicting stories about her over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    And what happens if the DNA is not hers and to someone else? Interesting thing if in fact she did not do it.
    It depends on what kind of DNA it is and who else it could belong to. If its her husband's, she stays where she is. If its a head hair found on the sock, she stays where she is because the sock was found outside. The possibility of transfer would be too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Wow, none of that info is ever revealed on the shows and articles they do about her.
    That's because the only people that are doing those shows support HER. The State of Texas doesn't participate in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Castellano View Post
    ETA: NeonCandy, I managed to miss your post just a bit up the page, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who found it odd that she was supposedly a light sleeper, but slept through this. It isn't something I've seen brought up before in the books or crime shows, but it seems obvious.

I agree that we should err on the side of caution. All death penalty defendants are given the benefit of the doubt on any evidence, etc.

I have seen these before but I saw the ones with her whole right arm solid black and blue. Someone did this to her she didn't do it herself. You can see finger prints on her arms from someone grabbing her very hard. Her throat cut was not self inflicted so someone had to have done that. These are the things that bother me about her conviction. They have her cleaned up for these photos. They never show the ones of her before they took her to the hospital and cleaned and stiched her throat and chest and arms from the slash wounds.
    Either her husband was involved in this or someone else was. If she is guilty she had help she did not so this alone.
    She is not a likeable person, her neighbors didn't like her ,at least the women didn't. They said some pretty mean crap about her .
    I have my doubts but if she did this , they need to do her execution. If this new DNA testing comes up with evidence that she didn't then she has gone thru abit of hell herself. I would hate to see anyone die for something they did not do and was convicted on public opinion but I would really hate to see someone who could do this to their own chidlren or anyones children walk free.
    I do have my doubts about the husband too. I wonder if they ever tested her for some kind of drug that could have made her sleep thru that?

She was taking speed, nothing else that could make her sleep through it.

She did and could have very easily sliced her own throat as was demonstrated during the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Thank you for providing the pictures. Some I had seen before, and the ones of her son I had not.

I also wonder about this case. Why would she pick up the knife? On the pictures you can see where she stood over the sink, with the blood on the floor. When did she have time for this. One of her son's was still alive when the police arrived.

She was not so badly hurt, that she had to be rushed to the hospital, but in fact stood on the front porch, and waited with the cops.

I also wonder about the husband. Did he not hear anything? Did those babies scream? Did Darlie?

What was the motive for an outside person to do this? Nothing stolen. Who hated these kids this much? But would allow the mother to live.
    She didn't "pick up the knife," she had been holding it the entire time. The reason she TOLD the 911 operator she picked up the knife is because she didn't realize that the type of knife she used wasn't conducive to picking up fingerprints.

She stood at the sink for two possible reasons. The first is that's where she sliced at her neck and the second is because she did some staging. The blood was washed down the sink for some reason. We know that she didn't wet towels in a mad rush to get them to her dying children because there is a small empty plastic baby bottle in the sink that is STILL UPRIGHT after all of this. That couldn't be possible had she been running around like mad as she claims.

The boys couldn't scream because of their injuries. The knife was very, very large and it penetrated some vital organs. Her husband claims that he finally did hear her screaming after she "chased" the intruder(s) outside and realized that SHE was bleeding.

This about her husband, Darin - he's also told different versions about what happened that night. He can't remember if he either (a) woke up to hear Darlie screaming and either put on his pants or (b) put on his eyeglasses. Apparently, he claims that he put on his pants and ran downstairs, but then said he can't see without his glasses, so he somehow "got them." If his wife was screaming bloody murder, why stop to put your pants on?? Makes no sense.

My thought is that after their major argument in which she asks for a divorce, he goes upstairs and she sits there and steams over it. That's when she comes up with her plan, still being furious, stabs the boys and Darin hears something and comes down. I think that its very possible that he's responsible for some of her bruises. That would also explain how he ended up with both his pants and his glasses.

The doctors said that MOST of the bruises were most likely caused, however, AFTER she was released from the hospital, some day and a half after the murders.

Katie Guest
    The babies looked like they were stabbed in the back. Someone didn't want to see their faces.

The policed failed in some ways too. Why were the boys not finger printed? Makes no sense.

The babies looked like they were stabbed in the back. Someone didn't want to see their faces.

The policed failed in some ways too. Why were the boys not finger printed? Makes no sense.
    You're right. The medical examiner's office failed to fingerprint the boys. What I find even more troubling, however, is the fact that Darlie allowed them to be exhumed and have their little hands chopped off so that it could be done later. This isn't something that a loving mother would allow, especially knowing that it wouldn't prove a damn thing.

Katie Guest
    When did that happen?They were saying yesterday that finger prints of the boys have not been taken.

I don't remember them being exhumed.

When did that happen?They were saying yesterday that finger prints of the boys have not been taken.

I don't remember them being exhumed.

It happened a number of years ago. They had to rehydrate the digits, which means that they remove the hands and then remove each finger and skin it. Then they take the skin from the tip of the finger, roll it over the finger of the fingerprint technician and attempt to get a print off of it.

Katie Guest
    I don't understand the news reports then. If they have the prints on file, then the bloody print on the coffee table should be easy to rule in or out.

Darlie is actually about 20 minutes from my house. I think of her sometimes, and wonder what she is really like. I had a friend who worked in the prison when she first got there, and she said that only certain staff members were assigned to her at the time.

Has anyone done the math to see how old the other child is now?

Her injuries are primarily to one side of her body. IMHO it definately suggests that she sliced herself with her dominant hand. The woman has issues and could have definately sliced her own throat. Plus who is to say she didn't fall in the blood and her arm was bruised that way.

IMO there is NO way that an intruder would have came in, not stolen anything, and chosen to stab the boys so brutally while leaving her with some minor injuries. What reason would this person have to do this? Virtually none. This woman is as guilty as the night is black. If you listen to her speak she is a sociopath. Everything is me this and me that. She never speaks of her sons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

have their little hands chopped off so that it could be done later.

WHAT!?!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Pinklovedoll Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipitous View Post
    Crime scene photographs are available here:

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/galleries.php

There are GRAPHIC images of the boys included. The injuries to those boys was so severe that Darlie's were mere scratches in comparison, IMO.
    Ok,I just looked at those crime scene photos,and it really killed me,I have a 3 year old boy,and it takes a mother to tell you shes guilty!Theres no mother on this planet that could do that silly string thing at the graves,and the 911 call,if that was me,I would be hysterical,to the point you wouldnt be able to understand me.Some of those bruises may have been from her boys,trying to defend themselves,her husband makes me sick as well,he didnt ever act like a grieving parent in my opinion either.

A few years back, Dateline or 20/20 or one of those shows did an interview with Darlie Routier. She sounded so fake and insincere, I felt from the get-go that she was guilty (even before they showed the silly string footage).

I think you can tell a lot about a person by their demeanor. For example, one of those shows interviewed the guy who had been a suspect in the Christina Worthington murder (Truro MA, 2002). He probably had more motive than any other suspect at the time: he was a married man, had an affair with her which produced a child, etc. Yet the way he came across in the interview left me with the impression that there was NO WAY he committed the crime. Sure enough, they found the real killer soon after.

Pinklovedoll Guest
    Here's the 911 call,listen to her fake asshttp://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/index.html

Katie Guest
    I just don't know from the 911 tape. It is very sad.

I have seen these before but I saw the ones with her whole right arm solid black and blue. Someone did this to her she didn't do it herself. You can see finger prints on her arms from someone grabbing her very hard.
    Do you think that it's possible that someone was Darin?

Katie Guest
    I thought about it being Darin too, but why would she cover for him, unless he did it earlier in the evening, and she stabbed the kids later.

Let's talk about the fact that the two of them had talked to someone about breaking into the house, in order to rob them, and collect the insurance.

Does anyone thing this had something to do with what happened?

I thought about it being Darin too, but why would she cover for him, unless he did it earlier in the evening, and she stabbed the kids later.
    He could have grabbed her when he came downstairs after seeing what she did.

Let's talk about the fact that the two of them had talked to someone about breaking into the house, in order to rob them, and collect the insurance.

Does anyone thing this had something to do with what happened?
    Maybe, but there's no evidence to support that theory. And why would the hired robber brutally stab the children?

Katie Guest
    I wonder that as well. Why would he? Maybe because he was upset with them for not hiring him after all? I am speculating here. I have no idea what happened. I do know that two babies were horribly murdered. Not just a shot to the head where there never knew what happened, but a stabbing where they had to wait to die. That must have seemed like a long time to them.

[quote=Fool Moon;303982]He could have grabbed her when he came downstairs after seeing what she did./quote]

That was exactly my thought!!! It looks like a grab from a devastated father who saw what his wife did to his babies. That 911 call is just awful. something isn't right about. I feel like the entire time it is still "me me me me."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Katie Guest
    Did you know that Darin failed is polygraph test?

Pinklovedoll Guest
    [quote=Miho;303996]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    He could have grabbed her when he came downstairs after seeing what she did./quote]

That was exactly my thought!!! It looks like a grab from a devastated father who saw what his wife did to his babies. That 911 call is just awful. something isn't right about. I feel like the entire time it is still "me me me me."

That is a good possibility,that he grabbed her..And that call doesnt seem right to me either.

Maruz83 Guest
    That's what I was about to type.. him grabbing her........ I saw the this on We the other day, and how she was all sad now. Please you KILLED your kids !

Did anyone else notice that in the pics of the crime scene, the first pic of the sink showed a dishwashing liquid bottle to the right of the sink and in the second pic, it wasn't there? What else had been moved/disturbed in those pics?

And, yes, the first thing I noticed was how nasty the kitchen was - not blood, just unclean. I'm a bit OCD that way.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Katie Guest
    She admitted she washed her hands which is why the blood is smeared on the side of the sink. Maybe they photographed the sink, and then removed the bottle for fingerprint testing?

You may be right, Katie. I bow to you as you obviously know WAY more about this case than I do. I haven't really studied this one.

starlite Guest
    God, those poor boys. That picture of the little one with all the holes in his back is absolutely heartwrenching--I just want to leave work and hold my daughter close.

darlingdawn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite View Post
    God, those poor boys. That picture of the little one with all the holes in his back is absolutely heartwrenching--I just want to leave work and hold my daughter close.
    I agree. The ones with the little boys are so upsetting. My boys are the same age (5 and 7) and I can't imagine a parent doing something this horrible. I am on the fence about this one. I want to say she is innocent just because of the brutality of this attack. I just don't think this is the kind of killing a mother would do.

The fact is however that Darlie actually had more than one knife wound which leads me to believe she did not self inflict these wounds. She had the wound on her neck, another on her shoulder and one on her arm that didn't have the bruise. All had to be stitched up. I can see one self inflicted wound but she had three wounds. As for picking up the knife, if she wasn't sure the attacker was gone, she could have picked up the knife for protection. I also listened to part of the 911 tape and found it very hard to understand. It is possible she was in shock and wasn't acting in her right mind, I know I wouldn't be. Like I said, I am on the fence but think she deserves a new trial since there seems to be too much information that was missing, erroneous and there just seems to be logical answers for some of her behavior.

Katie Guest
    One day I am on the fence, and then I think she did it. My biggest question is why??? As for her not doing something like this, because she was their mom. That has been proven over and over again, that some people are incapable loving anyone but themselves. (Susan Smith comes to mind)

As far as the wounds on her. This was a violent attack. That knife had to be going up and down, fast. Maybe even attacking both boys at one time. It would have been easy for her to miss and strike herself with the knife. If a bad guy had wanted her dead as her sons why would he not have just stabbed her like the boys were done. Do you think it would have been little cuts like she received?

Remember, she did not have life threatening wounds. She stood around with the cops on the front porch with the cops.

STORMIE Guest
    The whole thing is bizarre - whether she did it or not her behavior is strange. I am leaning toward the fact that she did it. I listened to the 911 tape and she just does not convince me of the grieving distraught mother. We may never know.

I don't understand the news reports then. If they have the prints on file, then the bloody print on the coffee table should be easy to rule in or out.

Darlie is actually about 20 minutes from my house. I think of her sometimes, and wonder what she is really like. I had a friend who worked in the prison when she first got there, and she said that only certain staff members were assigned to her at the time.

Has anyone done the math to see how old the other child is now?

In order to be able to identify a print, they must be able to match up a certain number of points off of the print. I believe the minimum is 7 points, but I could be mistaken. If they can't match up enough of these points to the prints available, then there is no match.

Drake is about 12 years old now. He lives with his paternal grandparents and, I believe at times with his father.

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    have their little hands chopped off so that it could be done later.

WHAT!?!
    Yes, mommy allows their hands and then their fingers to be removed from their bodies. The fingers then need to be skinned, so the fingerprint expert can roll the skin off of the boys fingers and onto theirs in order to try and get a print.

Quote Originally Posted by STORMIE View Post
    I listened to the 911 tape and she just does not convince me of the grieving distraught mother. We may never know.
    Whenever I see interviews with Darlie, whether from prison or from before she was arrested, I always think of Susan Smith and the way she "cried" without shedding any tears.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Do you think that it's possible that someone was Darin?
    Darlie says there was one or two intruders in that house that night. At one time she says one at another time, she'll switch back to two of them. At one point in one of her statements, she claims to have been "fighting" with the intruder(s). When they asked how come nothing in the home was barely disturbed after a life or death fight for your two kids' lives, she then denies ever saying that she said she was "fighting" with the intruders and now claims that she said she was "frightening." Now if any of you can make sense of that, you're a far better person than I am!!!!

Did you know that Darin failed is polygraph test?

He failed it horribly.

16 different versions of Darlie's STORIES

16 Different Versions of Darlie's story

The following was put together by a poster at Websleuths who was known as Dasgal and/or Jon Galt. She's an ex-cop and someone I consider to be a friend. I'd invite her here to talk with us, but she's so sick of hearing the name Darlie that I'm afraid she'd shoot me. There are actually 16 different versions of Darlie's story, not the 13 I mentioned.

THE MANY STORIES OF DARLIE ROUTIER - TOLD BY THOSE WHO SHE TALKED TO OR HERSELF.

Story 1

Q. Okay. What did she say, or where was she when this all started?

A. She said that she was downstairs in her house, sleeping on the couch. And her two boys were downstairs and they had been watching TV, a big screen TV. And that what started waking her up was her little boy started crying.

Q. Okay. Did she say...where her husband was when all of this was going on?

A. She said that he was upstairs with her little baby.

Q. Okay. So she had been downstairs with her two boys watching TV?

A. Yes.

Q. And that what woke her up was her 5 year old crying?

A. Yes.

Q. Okay. Then what did she say happened?

A. She said that her -- she felt a struggle like at her neck.

Q. Okay.

A. And the man started wrestling with her.

Q. Pokay. Did she say where she was w this struggle at her neck and the wrestling occurred?

A. She was on the couch.

Q. Okay. What's the next thing that she told you?

A. She said that she started yelling and that he ran off and he had dropped the knife and she picked it up.

Q. Okay. Did she say which way that he ran?

A. No, sir.

Q. Okay. Did she describe to you where she went to pick up the knife?

A. No.

Q. Did she tell you anything that happened when he was running away after she yelled out?

A. She said that he ran into a wine rack holder.

Q. Okay.

A. And that it made a big crack noise.

Q. He ran into a wine rack holder?

A. Um-hum.(Witness nodding head affirmatively).

Q. Okay. And, what happened when he ran into the wine rack holder?

A. Well, that's when she really think that's when she really started waking up. That's what she said.

Q. She heard a loud crack noise?

Q. And then he dropped the knife; that right?

A. Um-hum. (Witness nodding head affirmatively).

Story 1

Q. Did she -- well, what's the next thing she told you?

Story 1

A. She said that she remembered that it was -- the knife came from her butcher block from her kitchen because it had a white handle on it.

Q. Okay. Now, were you asking her questions during this?

A. The only one that I asked her was how she knew it was hers. She said because it had a white handle.

Q. Oh, okay, regarding the knife?

Q. What did she say she did then?

A. She turned the light on and she saw her two boys laying on the floor and she screamed. And she just, when she was telling me this, she just kept saying there was just blood everywhere. And then, she said her husband came downstairs, and that's when she had realized she had been stabbed. And he started doing CPR on the little boy and she called 911.

Q. Her husband came down after she screamed?

A. Um-hum.(Witness-nodding head affirmatively).

Q. And did CPR on the little boy?

A. Um-hum.(Witness nodding head affirmatively.)?

Q. And she called 911?

A. Um-hum.(Witness nodding head affirmatively.)

Q. Did she tell you anything else about what happened?

A. Well, she just said when her husband was doing CPR that he kept saying,"Hang in there, babies. Hang in there.,, And she said there was just blood everywhere.

Q. Okay. When she told you this story, what was her demeanor?

A. She was pretty calm when she was talking. I just remember looking at the cardiac monitor and her heart rate had gone up just a little bit.

Q. Okay. Was she crying at all when she she told you the story?

A. No, sir.

Q. Okay. Did you see her cry some during the night when you were with her?

A. I saw -- her eyes would get a little wet, but I never really saw tears-go-.down her face.
    Last edited by McCourt; 06-26-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Story 2
    Q. What is the first version of the attack that the defendant gave to you? What did she first tell you happened out there on that evening?
    A. Just that she had felt that Damon waking her up saying,"Mommie, Mommie, Mommie. And then she looks up over her and she sees a glimpse of this man going towards -- I don't know how, probably, maybe at the island, I don't know -- going from the kitchen, probably two to three seconds of a glimpse of this man going into the utility room and then gone.
    Q. I want to make sure that -- I want to be clear about what you said. You said that she said that she felt Damon touch her?
    A. Touch her on shoulder and he woke her up.
    Q. Okay. And he was saying something to her?
    A."Mommie, Mommie, Mommie.
    Q. Okay. And, she then woke up and saw a man walking away through the kitchen?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. And he then walked into the utility room?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. Okay. And, what did she say that she did as this man got up and walked away from her into the utility room?
    A. She said that he had already gone out of the utility room, and then she went around towards him, and Damon was standing right beside her, and she asked him to stay back, and she walked across the room, across the kitchen, and when she looked down, there was a knife, and then, right there in the doorway, and she said that she reached down to pick it up and when she did, her neck just spewed blood all over the floor. That is when she realized she was cut.
    Q. Okay.
    A. And she walks back and turns on the light, and then she sees Devon face up, and then she just goes into hysterics.
    Q. Okay.
    A. Screaming,"Devon, Devon, Devon".
    Q. Does that pretty much pick it up, where you start your statement, where you hear her saying, Devon Devon, Devon," you come downstairs; right?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. Okay. When did she first tell you that story?
    A. Probably at the hospital, or later that afternoon. I couldn't be in the room with her for longer than 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
    Q. All right. So sometime in the afternoon of June the 6th?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. And, I assume that you have talked with her since then about what happened out there that night, haven't you?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. Okay. And in your discussions with her, has she ever told you a different version of what happened?

Story 3
    Q. Okay. Do you remember saying to her that you told Jamie Johnson that Darlie told you that she woke up because there was weight on her legs and the intruder supposedly was sitting on her legs? Do you remember telling Jamie Johnson that that is the version that your wife gave to you about this attack?
    A. We didn't know if that was really true or not. We didn't know if that was a dream.
    Q. Well, Jamie Johnson, when you discussed this incident with her, this was the version that you gave to Jamie Johnson, wasn't it?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. So, when you talked with Jamie Johnson, you didn't give her the correct version of what your wife had told you, did you?
    A. We didn't know -- I mean I wasn't there when it happened, so I don't know what exactly happened. I just know what she told me and what she told me was that she woke up with Damon tugging on her.
    Q. You never told that to Jamie Johnson though, did you?
    A. I don't recall. About that Damon woke her up?
    Q. Yes, sir.
    A. I would think I would, that has never changed.
    Q. Well, but as you sit there on the stand right now, you don't know whether you told her that or not, do you?
    A. I don't know what I said to Jamie Johnson.
    Q. Do you remember describing to Jaime Johnson how the attacker would have to cut Darlie's neck, and how he would have to get past her breasts in order to get at her neck? Do you remember telling Jamie Johnson that?
    A. No, sir.
    Q. And do you remember telling Jaime Johnson that your wife would have been face-to-face with this attacker?
    A. No, sir.

Story 4
    Q. Mr. Routier, again going back to Coreen Wells, again, do you recall Coreen Wells is the individual, the lady that lives there at the house that you used to live at on Bond Street? Do you remember that?
    A. Yes, sir, I didn't know her name.
    Q. Right. Okay. Do you remember when you went over to talk with her on December the 3rd, in fact, you went into your wife's version of attack with Coreen Wells also, didn't you?
    A. Well, I had a good talk with her.
    Q. And it included what your wife had told you about the attack, correct?
    A. I don't think she remembers any of the attack.
    Q. Well, my question to you is: Did you tell Coreen Wells what your wife had related to you about the attack?
    A. No.
    Q. So, you did not tell Coreen Wells that the man was on top of her, and was intending to rape her when she woke up? You didn't tell Coreen Wells that?
    A. That would be my assumption.
    Q. From what your wife had told you?
    A. No. My assumption of everything I know. I know everything about this case.
    Q. Well, let me just ask you then: Did you tell Coreen Wells that the man was on top of your wife and was intending to rape her? Did you say that to Coreen Wells?
    A. I said that could very well be.
    Q. So that is a yes?
    A. Yes, sir.
    Q. Did also tell Coreen Wells that what they had read in the paper about the boys saving Darlie's life by waking her up was not true, and in fact, the boys didn't save her life?
    A. I did not say that.
    Q. Do you remember telling Coreen Wells that the boys couldn't save her life because their lungs had been collapsed by the stabbing?
    A. No, sir, I did not say that.
    Q. And do you remember telling Coreen Wells, in fact, that a pound man did this to Darlie?
    A. No, sir.
    Q. So those statements about the boys not saving her life, and about a pound man attacking Darlie, those statements aren't true, are they?
    A. We know that Damon saved Darlie's life.
    Q. Okay. Well, that is not what you told Coreen wells though, is it? I don't remember what I said to her.
    Q. Well, that was a pretty long conversation that you had with her too, wasn't it?
    A. Yes, we had a good talk.

Story 5
    Q. What did she tell you?
    A. She told us, at that time, that an intruder, and --- well -- she had awoken to find an intruder over her. She struggled with the intruder. She saw him with the knife. I asked her to describe this person, at which time she started to describe the person, and I asked her to stop for a minute and let's start from the very top of what he was wearing.
    Q. Okay. What did she tell you?
    A. She said that he was wearing a black cap.
    Q. And I said,"Was the bill to the front of the face or was it turned around backwards?"
    A. And, she said the bill was to the front.
    Q. Okay.,
    A. I asked her if she remembered seeing any writing on it. She didn't see any writing or no pictures. I asked her whether she knew if it was a fitted cap, or if it was one that you had to adjust. She did not know. I asked her on the cap, if she could describe his hair, and she said it was a dark color brown, that was shoulder length. it appeared to be straight.
    Q. I asked her to describe his face. And she could not describe any part of his face. I asked her to describe what he was wearing, and she said he was wearing a black T-shirt. And I asked her if it was a black pull over T-shirt or a button down T-shirt, and she said it was a pull over, that it didn't have any buttons on it. Didn't have a collar on it, and it was short sleeved.
    Q. All right.
    A. I asked her if it had any writing or designs on it, and she said she didn't see any.
    Q. I asked her about a belt. She couldn't remember if there was a belt or not. I asked her about his jeans. The bluejeans, I asked her if he could remember if they were blue bluejeans or a different color. She said blue. She couldn't remember any labels on the jeans.
    Q. Okay.
    A. I asked her about his shoes and socks and she didn't remember any shoes or socks. I asked her because it had a been a short sleeved T-shirt, if she saw any tattoos or scars on his arms, and she said, no that she didn't remember any scars or tattoos