Thread: Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1J41JA U.S. celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, host of CNN??s food-and-travel-focused ??Parts Unknown? television series, killed himself in a French hotel room, CNN said on Friday, in the second high-profile suicide of a U.S. celebrity this week. He was 61.

I heard about this on the news this morning. So sad. He always seemed like the type of person I'd like to sit down and have a few beers with, and just talk about random life. Just goes to show, you never know what a person might be going through, that they keep hidden away and don't talk about. I heard his best friend, Eric Ripert, was the one who found him.

We've always been huge fans of his shows, and I've read his books too.

May he RIP. My deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

so very sad. RIP

The Coolist Dude on TV...RIP...
    Last edited by MCghoul38; 06-10-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rest in peace.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 06-08-2018 at 10:58 AM.

just a few weeks ago one of his shows was from my home province of Newfoundland in Eastern Canada. I enjoyed it. RIP Anthony.

Stunned that this has happened. Thoughts and condolences to his family. He did a show on my hometown Detroit and he gave the town and the people there some much needed support.

Anthony Bourdain...Kate Spade... Celebrity trifecta activated.

RIP

..but on the other hand since he was on CNN I guess some would think of this as "fake news" as he isn't really dead at all but taking a break.

used the belt from his robe to hang himself

https://nypost.com/2018/06/09/anthon...-kill-himself/

He seemed to enjoy his life. So sad.

Such a shame as he had said his daughter was one of the reasons he had to keep on living but I guess in the end things got the better of him.

I’m so, so, sad over this one. I read Kitchen Confidential when it first came out and loved it so much I gave copies of it to several girlfriends. They all liked it, but couldn’t understand why I, the consummate picky eater, would be so enthralled. DUH!! It was the sexy bad boy with the heroin habit that could cook exquisite (for the picky) meals!

RIP, Tony, you are loved and will be missed.

a selfish bastard

It always makes me sad when someone kills themselves because I know just how much pain they were in. I've been there. It's horrible. I hope he's at peace now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I heard about Bourdain's death on Saturday during a Fresh Air rebroadcast of a compilation of interviews with him. In one he talked about contemplating suicide before. There's some audio and transcripts from that compilation here:

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/08/61821...al-street-food

I saw a thingy on FB accusing Hillary of killing Bourdain for dissing her on twitter a few days before he died. And they call liberals libloons. FCOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Let the conspiracy theories overshadowing of reality begin!

Personally, I think it was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick because he's the least likely suspect, and we all know that the least likely suspect is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post

Personally, I think it was Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick because he's the least likely suspect, and we all know that the least likely suspect is the culprit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I heard about Bourdain's death on Saturday during a Fresh Air rebroadcast of a compilation of interviews with him. In one he talked about contemplating suicide before. There's some audio and transcripts from that compilation here:

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/08/61821...al-street-food
    Thanks for this. I couldn??t find his past references to suicide, but got a lot out of reading the transcripts. Looks like he was open to others?? emotions, and desperately wanted to please people, but was a loner from childhood who spent life as an outsider looking in.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Bigfoot did it.

Word.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I saw a thingy on FB accusing Hillary of killing Bourdain for dissing her on twitter a few days before he died. And they call liberals libloons. FCOL.
    There is another story going around where they say he didn't commit suicide but was killed because he knew too much about people concerning the #metoo thing and it's the reason Kate Spade died too conveniently forgetting that both had suffered for years and in Athony's case had talked about suicide long before all this came out. It would be more weird if there wasn't a conspiracy theory when someone died now to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    There is another story going around where they say he didn't commit suicide but was killed because he knew too much about people concerning the #metoo thing and it's the reason Kate Spade died too conveniently forgetting that both had suffered for years and in Athony's case had talked about suicide long before all this came out. It would be more weird if there wasn't a conspiracy theory when someone died now to be honest.
    When they solve this one, we'll finally know how NASA faked the moon landings, and what Elvis has been up to all these years.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

He was discovered sitting up with a sash around his neck, suggesting he was into autoerotic asphyxiation a la Michael Hutchence and David Carradine, and died that way. No, this was either suicide or some kinky fun that got out of...hand.

worth only $1.2 million. I guess CNN ay well

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/05/antho...199.1489287649

Asia Argento, his girlfriend, VERY outspoken proponent of the #metoo movement, had her own #metoo. From the other end of the stick. Oops. https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartandhp
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Anthony Bourdain cameos from Archer to the Simpson's.

www.yahoo.com/entertainment/guide-anthony-bourdain-apos-best-173122144.html