Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Corey Haim

Seagorath Guest
    Dream a Little Dream was also a good movie.

I feel bad about Corey dying, but he lived a pretty full life. He packed more into 38 years than most "average stiffs" do in 90.

R.I.P., bro...You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post

Don't know when this was taken, but he looks pretty bloated and unhealthy.
    My first thought was "who's this dyke ?"
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Deathgoddess Guest
    That was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking too. Like it needs to be on the "men who look like old lesbians" website.

sablegsd Guest
    RIP Corey

So, did anybody have him in the death pool?

steffie Guest
    OMG I had the biggest crush on him when I was a kid. His sideways kinda smile always did it for me haha. I am not surprised by this but it really makes me sad.I am so glad I never got wrapped up with pills or drugs.RIP Corey.

rantat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    my first thought was "who's this dyke ?"
    lmao!!!!

It's eerie to think he died in the same apt complex as Rick James in 2004. Such a sad loss.

rantat Guest
    Paramedics Rallied to Save Corey Haim

Posted Mar 10th 2010 12:28PM by TMZ Staff
    A witness at the apartment complex where Corey Haim collapsed tells TMZ, paramedics -- who arrived shortly after 1:00 AM -- spent 20 minutes inside the apartment before carrying him out on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face .... suggesting Corey was still alive when he went to the hospital.

Corey was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital over an hour later.

More Corey Haim

doom_buggy Guest
    What a shame. Can't say I'm all that surprised either.
    RIP Corey

Definately hits my heart a bit as I was a teenager/ early 20's during his prime. Kind of a reality check that at some point you need to clean it up. You can't abuse drugs for years and years and expect longevity. Why hasn't this lesson been learned yet?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    It's been so long since this guy's been on my radar I forgot who he was...had to look him up. I had no idea he had a reality show either, though no surprise there--seems to be the stock-in-trade of former actors now on drugs or on the skids. Poor guy.
    RIP.

mel306 Guest
    n a 2008 interview with The London Sun, Beckham revealed that the only reason they briefly dated was because she had been a fan.

"We didn't have sex or anything. In actual fact, he didn't seem to want to try. The most we did was kiss," she said. "Looking back it's hard to work out whether I really fancied him or if I was just a bit of a sad fan."

Nicki Guest
    In recent years there wasn't much left of the "cute" Corey that he once was. His face had changed so much. His mouth had that crooked look that some druggies get after years of using where they are always grinding there teeth together. Maybe thats not the right discription?? Still its very very sad. We all have memories of him as that cute little boy who was very much a favorite to alot of us. My heart goes out to his mother. Poor woman...she is fighting cancer. He was staying with her to help his mom and now she has to go through this.

This was the cute Corey:
    Last edited by Nicki; 03-10-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it, but not surprised at all. Especially to see it was an overdose. It's really too bad that he could not get over his addiction problems. I thought he was so cute and had such a huge crush on him when I was younger. Had my walls covered with the pictures of him from those teen magazines. Lost Boys is still the movie I have seen them most times.

RIP Corey.

Just sooooooooooo sad

Lisamarie Guest
    awww woke up to this..me and the hubby are pretty sad about this one after watching then two coreys....very sad...RIP....very sad.

mel306 Guest
    From TMZ

Corey Haim was approached in the last 10 days by the casting company for "Celebrity Rehab" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with Dr. Drew's show tell us ... casting producers called Corey. They say he was "extremely defensive and insulted, saying, 'It's the last show I'd ever do.'"

Our sources say the 3-minute conversation ended with Corey saying, "I do not need help."

We're also told the casting producers spoke with Corey's mom last October at an autograph convention, pitching the show.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hngeevf0

ColorfulCasey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    From TMZ

Corey Haim was approached in the last 10 days by the casting company for "Celebrity Rehab" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with Dr. Drew's show tell us ... casting producers called Corey. They say he was "extremely defensive and insulted, saying, 'It's the last show I'd ever do.'"

Our sources say the 3-minute conversation ended with Corey saying, "I do not need help."

We're also told the casting producers spoke with Corey's mom last October at an autograph convention, pitching the show.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hngeevf0

OMG, this breaks my heart. He was clearly way too consumed with drugs to even consider what going on the show could do to his career, or lack there of, in a positive way.

RIP Corey...you were my favorite!

Seagorath Guest
    Heroin?

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    Geez! My childhood is literally dying over here! I'm not surprised but still a wee bit surprised if that makes any sense. I had a massive crush on him growing up. I even sent him a fan letter...that he never answered! I was heartbroken and moved on to Joey McIntyre of the New Kids.
    You have good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Not surprised. I knew he was messed up when he was selling his teeth? I thought I saw that a while back. Sad.....

RIP.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. That's a pretty low low.

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    The Great Hand of Fate made us choose a Corey. I guess we are stuck with the other one.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by rantat View Post

Lost Boys: The two Coreys with Jamison Newlander
    So cute. I had a crush on Jamison Newlander too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post

Don't know when this was taken, but he looks pretty bloated and unhealthy.
    Gah!!

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    RIP Corey

So, did anybody have him in the death pool?
    Me me me!!

Nicki Guest
    This morning at about 1:30...Corey Haim's mom found him. He got up out of bed and had been feeling ill for the last couple of days. As he got out of bed, he felt a little weak and went down to the floor on his knees. He's had flu-like symptoms. She called paramedics. They responded and transported him to the hospital where he was pronounced [dead] at 2:15 this morning," Winter said.
    Authorities found four prescription drug bottles inside the apartment he shared with his mother, but no illegal drugs, according to Winter.

Sounds like we are just going to have to wait for a coroners report on this one.

He probably got into his Mom's pain killers. He was taking care of her, all those Oxy's around was probably too much for him to handle.

Seagorath Guest
    Whatever happened to Jamison Newlander?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Whatever happened to Jamison Newlander?
    I'm not sure what he is doing now but he was on an episode of The Two Coreys when they did some Q & A after a screen of Lost Boys, I think for the anniversary of the film.

ColorfulCasey Guest
    I just read on E! that Corey Feldman scheduled a press conference for this afternoon.

Seriously?

Snudgie Guest
    Shit...just saw it on Yahoo...been out all day so not seen any TV news....crap....good excuse to watch Lost Boys for the millionth time....but a sad reason...RIP Corey...you were a cutie...xx

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    He probably got into his Mom's pain killers. He was taking care of her, all those Oxy's around was probably too much for him to handle.
    Jefe, I bet your right!

Wow. I was actually expecting this to happen a few years ago. I wonder how the other Corey (Feldman) will handle this...on top of his recent divorce? Eh...

I guess my real question is, will Haim be included in next years Oscars "In Memoriam", or will he be snubbed like Farrah and Brad Renfro were?
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

From what I remember ~ he would get "chunky" when he was clean or trying to get clean. When he was using - he had that typical skinny "meth look" about him. I was VERY surprised to see that "last" video footage with him and the other Corey. My first thought when I saw him is "Oh cool, he looks "healthy", maybe he is clean?"... Maybe he was clean and had a cold and his heart was just jacked up from the years of abuse - or it coulda been that "Awww, just one won't hurt" kinda deal. In ANY case it is sad. Regardless what they find really, the underlying factor will be his history of drug abuse. Another childhood fav - dust in the wind.

Does this mean I am getting old??? Oh Lawd I hope not!! I remember how when I was little always listening to "the old people" talk about who died and who was on their last leg, yadda yadda yadda. I am now one of "those" people.... Great.
    My Posse's On Broadway

very sad, he was so cute.

mel306 Guest
    Corey Feldman has just released a statement on the death of his best friend Corey Haim, in which he calls the event "tragic" and begs people to learn a "lesson" from Haim's passing.

In the statement, which Feldman posted on his blog, the actor says "My eyes weren't even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face."

He adds, "We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference."

The post concludes "I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived."

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    It's sad, though not too surprising, that you had to end this way. RIP Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    From what I remember ~ he would get "chunky" when he was clean or trying to get clean. When he was using - he had that typical skinny "meth look" about him. I was VERY surprised to see that "last" video footage with him and the other Corey. My first thought when I saw him is "Oh cool, he looks "healthy", maybe he is clean?"... Maybe he was clean and had a cold and his heart was just jacked up from the years of abuse - or it coulda been that "Awww, just one won't hurt" kinda deal. In ANY case it is sad. Regardless what they find really, the underlying factor will be his history of drug abuse. Another childhood fav - dust in the wind.

Does this mean I am getting old??? Oh Lawd I hope not!! I remember how when I was little always listening to "the old people" talk about who died and who was on their last leg, yadda yadda yadda. I am now one of "those" people.... Great.
    That's kind of what I am thinking. Maybe not totally clean (painkillers) but a few too many of those would be just enough to make his heart give out. Like Andy Gibb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Maybe we'll find out more, they are doing an autopsy (naturally) http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/163...10/index.jhtml

Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    i hope lindsay lohan is paying attention! she probably isn't though.

what a shame, rip corey.
    No, she's too busy filing lawsuits........."milkawhat????""

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    lol.....harsh but sadly true......

Quote Originally Posted by ColorfulCasey View Post
    I just read on E! that Corey Feldman scheduled a press conference for this afternoon.

Seriously?
    Well, he has to take whatever 15 minutes he can get.

I wish Corey the peace he never had in life. Accidental OD? You Betcha. Surprised? No. But I wish I was writing on a thread about something he did that was good in his life rather that writing about his death.

Today I feel real old because one of the movie stars I watched and enjoyed when I was a teenager is dead. Damn.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Pryncis Guest
    Bummer... Hope his demons are gone now.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

He may have been gay. I used to see him down in the gay ghetto (in Toronto) a few years ago. He was bloated with bad streaks in his hair and the sleeveless orange A&F top. God love you Corey. Another kid who wasn't inyerested in showbiz who had a mother that was.

buddyhollylover Guest
    how sad. i grew up watching these guys. a few weeks ago i finally took the wrapper off of 'silver bullet' and let the kids watch it, lol, scared the shit out of a few of them (lol ) i'll have to pull out 'the lost boys' on the shelf, wtf thats still in it's wrapper as well? does anyone else do this, buy movies and don't open them for like a year or better?

lucas and license to drive are some of my favs..

r.i.p. kiddo

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    In recent years there wasn't much left of the "cute" Corey that he once was. His face had changed so much. His mouth had that crooked look that some druggies get after years of using where they are always grinding there teeth together. Maybe thats not the right discription?? Still its very very sad. We all have memories of him as that cute little boy who was very much a favorite to alot of us. My heart goes out to his mother. Poor woman...she is fighting cancer. He was staying with her to help his mom and now she has to go through this.

This was the cute Corey:

The mullet Corey is from the movie Crank. I think he had a stroke in the early 2000's which left him with that strange expression as well.

Its sad that i didnt even feel shocked about hearing about his death, just saddened. Even if he had remained clean, the poor boy was messed up. Wasnt he caught doing drugs on the last lost boys film (so that was why he was at the end of the movie credits?). Feldman is going to be lost big time. Haim really lost alot of himself after all those years of drug taking, they really took their toll on him. Lets hope his death may be used as a warning to pushy actor parents but i doubt it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DHfromTN Guest
    I loved Corey as a kid and have really been pulling for him over the years, although it was pretty obvious he was pretty much gone when they were filming Two Coreys. I could still see that sweet young Corey in his eyes, though and that gave me hope for him. I wouldn't wish death on anyone but if I had to pick one of the two to keep around.. Well....
    Kinda like MJ dying.. He was the best one! (Which reminds me of another reason I don't like Feldman- that ridiculous outfit he wore to MJs memorial- that pissed me off.. He's such a whore for attention!)

Anyway, RIP Corey. I hope that your heart was right even if your head wasn't.

So sad. Like many before said, surprised it didn't happen sooner.

RIP Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by DHfromTN View Post
    I loved Corey as a kid and have really been pulling for him over the years, although it was pretty obvious he was pretty much gone when they were filming Two Coreys. I could still see that sweet young Corey in his eyes, though and that gave me hope for him. I wouldn't wish death on anyone but if I had to pick one of the two to keep around.. Well....
    Kinda like MJ dying.. He was the best one! (Which reminds me of another reason I don't like Feldman- that ridiculous outfit he wore to MJs memorial- that pissed me off.. He's such a whore for attention!)

Anyway, RIP Corey. I hope that your heart was right even if your head wasn't.
    Ha ha! He wears this when he goes to the supermarket! didnt you see the room he gave haim in the 2 coreys had loads of jacko momentums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Connor Guest
    The Lost Boys

in the tub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-epc4kzkKF4

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Damn, swarms of news vans and reporters outside his apt. building. I even drove through the hospital emergency, yep, call me a weirdo.

Look, this is what happens when people mess with drugs and don't take sobriety seriously. You don't know how many people in my two years clean and sober that I would see in my meetings that just had to try "one more time", then died. Just last week, a friend of mine that I was talking to on Valentines Day went out on a crack binge and had a massive heart attack. Dead. This disease kills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

STORMIE Guest
    I'm not really shocked but this is still sad. RIP

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Look, this is what happens when people mess with drugs and don't take sobriety seriously. You don't know how many people in my two years clean and sober that I would see in my meetings that just had to try "one more time", then died. Just last week, a friend of mine that I was talking to on Valentines Day went out on a crack binge and had a massive heart attack. Dead. This disease kills.

It's a hard one to kick though babe. This one gets me as much as Heath.

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I just have a question for you Joplin, does this kind of stuff make you more committed to staying sober? It always makes me sad to see the deterioration of people strung out on drugs (usually celebrities) and I always wonder if it makes current addicts stop and think about what they are doing to their bodies. I know you are clean and sober now but when you weren't did OD deaths and such make you think about your own addiction?

Dixie Girl Guest
    Not completely unexpected, but sad, nonetheless. To me, his part in The Lost Boys--both Corey's, actually--is priceless and how I have always remembered him. Seeing his condition through the years saddened me. May you RIP, Corey Haim.