Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Columbine Tragedy

My guess would be that the wrong date is shown purposely for situations just like this. So that when the excerpt showed up on youtube, people would know it's movie footage.

Katie Guest
    Very troubling, but what is even more are the comments from what appears to be young people glorifying these two shooters.

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest

Hitmen for Hire

Erik & Dylan's Hitmen for hire a student film kind of disturbing! I think it is them, but I could be wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH82TdWBfGg

Katie Guest
    It looks like them. Thanks for the link. I spent some time watching the others, as well as reading some of the comments, and it is scary how some think they did the right thing.

motherogod Guest
    I was just looking at the Finland Massacre's video on liveleak.com and happened across columbine footage there during and after the massacre. There is a pic of the two who shall remain nameless after their double suicide in the library. Pigs. Anyway, liveleak then search columbine if you're interested. There's a link to their suicide pic at the end of video from the library days after the massacre... which is hard because you can see the placard with "Daniel Marshall" right beside a large pool of blood. Makes me sick what those bastards did.

Not to mention the Finnish sh!t.

Katie Guest
    Thank you for the new site. Everytime I look there are more and more tapes of that day.

GrinReaper Guest
    A strange irony is that the Columbine team name is the Rebels. You can see the image on the school sign holding a gun!
    http://www.columbine-angels.com/Home%20of%20the%20Rebels%20Sign.jpg
    "Home of the Rebels" Who woulda thunk?

I wonder if they have changed that since then?
    Last edited by GrinReaper; 11-08-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Erik & Dylan's Hitmen for hire a student film kind of disturbing! I think it is them, but I could be wrong

No you're not. That's them alright.

much as columbine was on hitlers birthday,did this guy in finland link to the beer hall putsch?

QueenB Guest
    How do kids get guns? I really dont get what could be going through their heads to do something so evil?? I mean we all at sometime have a crappy time in teenage land and feel we dont fit, personally mine was realising being gay and losing my hair through illness. At the time I felt like I was an alien walking round my school and kids as you know can be cruel but I never ran around with a gun shooting at people !!

They get them from the same places others do who buy them illegally-their friends, gangs, the internet, gun shows or just from their parent's hiding places.

I was teased in school too as I think all kids are at some point. It never occurred to me to shoot anyone either. And my parents were avid gun collectors, hunters and such. I shot my first gun before I was in school. Maybe it never occurred to me because other than when my parents took us out shooting once in awhile, I didn't have an interest in guns on my own. I do remember wishing that certain kids would just move away though.

Something in society has changed. There are so many possible contributing factors that I couldn't possibly guess the reason those boys thought their course of action was the right one. Sometimes society plays no factor at all and certain people are just hard wired for violence. Not even the reason for that can be nailed down...yet.

Jersey Girl Guest
    I agree... SOMETHING in society has changed. But what? It's baffling. I have been reading alot about Klebold and Harris... and neighbors, friends of family, friends and acquaintices of the boys etc... all say the parents of these two were good parents. They were involved with the kids... ie: watching their baseball games, etc.. A friend of Eric Harris even said one time a group of them were all going to go somewhere and they met at Eric's house, but Eric wouldn't leave until his mother got home so he could tell her where he was going "because he didn't want her to worry."

So what happened here? Not just here... but in America... what IS happening to the children? Like somechick said... I think there are just so many contributing factors, one can't possibly narrow it down.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post

I read that when they went to put Eric's body in a body bag his brain fell out and onto the floor....
    Yeah, I read that too, somewhere I think. Something about they moved Dylan first and then when they moved Eric, his brain fell out onto the floor right where Dylan had been laying? Can't remember where I saw that, though...

Well, what was left of it anyways. Autopsy says there wasn't much left.
    Last edited by sordid1982; 11-09-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Wow! Whoa!
    that video is from a movie called Zero Day...if you notice one kid is blond...neither dylan or eric were blond...also where the commit suicide is not against any bookcases...documented crime scene photographs show they are laid out next to bookcases...notice the date at the lower left hand corner...2001??? shooting happen in 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post

l just went to have a look and it's been removed.

Some idiot watching it probably complained about it not knowing it's obviously not the real thing. Some of the listings for the film excerpt had it listed as "Security Leaked Footage From Columbine".

Katie Guest
    Type in Columbine on Utube. Others will show up.

thanks guys

SarahThirteen Guest
    My friend had posted a link to that video on myspace saying how it was of columbine I had to make sure to correct her. There are no videos of what happened in the library and if there are some they most likely will never be released.

Eric and Dylan were actually well liked and did have friends... I cant remember which one it was but one of them even had a date to one of the drances think it was prom. So it wasnt like they were hated. I do believe its more of like a charles manson/ hitler type thing and Eric was able to brain wash Dylan into believing everything that he believed in. Looking at Dylan like in his senior pix he doesnt look like a threat where as I think you see in Eric's eyes that he is messed up in the head. They also look rather "normal" in their pictures. Like you guys have said the being picked on thing has nothing to do with it everyone does get picked on in some way. I was but then again i was rather popular at the same time. Eric had major anger issues and was ordered to go to therapy but Eric had this amazing ability to make people believe certain things. He was a great liar and its obvious that drama was one of the classes he really paid attenion in.

As most of you may know in October there was a shooting here in Cleveland after that happened all they kept saying was will more security prevent this from happening again..... Honestly NO because there are ways around everything. When you go to the same building 5 days a week for 10 months you learn it like the back of your hand... If someone is determined enough to get something done they will find a way to do it. Schools were never and will never be safe.... that is why i said fuck public highschool and became homeschooled for 10th - 12th grade.

You have a good head on your shoulders for someone so young Sarah (19 I believe you said somewhere around here.)

Thanks for your comments on the situation. It helps us old folks put things in perspective.

SarahThirteen Guest

That was a shirt for columbine before the shootings.... nice eh... havin a gun in it.

SarahThirteen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    You have a good head on your shoulders for someone so young Sarah (19 I believe you said somewhere around here.)

Thanks for your comments on the situation. It helps us old folks put things in perspective.

Thanks I try. and yes you got my age right

donetodeath Guest
    don't you think it's kinda freaky dylan's birthday was september 11!

SarahThirteen Guest
    thats nice eh.... Eric was born in Ohio.... I didnt know that until this year... scary to know someone soooo messed up was from the same place I am... although Charles Manson was also an Ohioian... maybe its in the water haha.

Katie Guest
    I just finished Brooks Browns book that someone recommend on here. It took me 4 hours to read, and I could not put it down.

If you get a chance to read it, I would advise you to do so. It is very revealing.

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Thanks for this link... wonderful Sunday night reading! So let me start this up for us... I'm not a gun expert, never even held one except a glock thing with the big space for the magazine (?)-- I asked if that was where the batteries went. ANYWAY...

I always took Eric as the leader of the two... Dylan just has always stricken me as a follower, Eric more militant and controlling, Dylan liking having someone to follow. Only my impression, but my career is doing psych profiling... instinct is great (except when dating!).

When reading the autopsy reports, Eric put the gun to the roof of his mouth, "evacuating" all of his brain but a "small portion of the medulla oblongata." Basically turned his head into a flower pot.

Now, when looking at Dylan's wounds, his entry wound is 1/4" in front of and 3/4" above his left ear. Exit wound is about 1/2" or so in front of his right ear. So he held his gun and took a clean shot from ear to ear, "across the undersurface of the brain," slightly downward according to line of wounds. Of course there is no mention on the autopsy reports about types of guns used (and I haven't read that info in awhile), but is it possible Eric offed Dylan then himself? Was that ever conclusive? (Part of this is because I'm picturing a big ol long gun, and who could hold that to their head? Sorry that my facts aren't at 100% right now.)

I mean, what did they do, "on my count, one... two... three... wait, on three or one, two then pull the trigger?" I know they put a lot into this whole day, and I'm sure this part was discussed... not to mention their adrenalin flowing from killing everyone they already had. I guess they could have just made a statement about it being "time" or whatever. Unimagineable.

28. 11-18-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    but is it possible Eric offed Dylan then himself? Was that ever conclusive?
    Mmmm, I think the police have always stated it was suicide, but some people do believe that Eric shot Dylan. (Some say they think it was a cop or even a teacher that shot Dylan, as well.)

There's a story floating around that the lady in the library who hid in the cupboards or where ever (I cant quite remember her name/where she was hiding in there, etc.) had claimed she heard them say "One, two, three, NOW!" before they did it, but I want to say she either retracted that statement or she never really said it.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Thanks for this link... wonderful Sunday night reading! So let me start this up for us... I'm not a gun expert, never even held one except a glock thing with the big space for the magazine (?)-- I asked if that was where the batteries went. ANYWAY...

I always took Eric as the leader of the two... Dylan just has always stricken me as a follower, Eric more militant and controlling, Dylan liking having someone to follow. Only my impression, but my career is doing psych profiling... instinct is great (except when dating!).

When reading the autopsy reports, Eric put the gun to the roof of his mouth, "evacuating" all of his brain but a "small portion of the medulla oblongata." Basically turned his head into a flower pot.

Now, when looking at Dylan's wounds, his entry wound is 1/4" in front of and 3/4" above his left ear. Exit wound is about 1/2" or so in front of his right ear. So he held his gun and took a clean shot from ear to ear, "across the undersurface of the brain," slightly downward according to line of wounds. Of course there is no mention on the autopsy reports about types of guns used (and I haven't read that info in awhile), but is it possible Eric offed Dylan then himself? Was that ever conclusive? (Part of this is because I'm picturing a big ol long gun, and who could hold that to their head? Sorry that my facts aren't at 100% right now.)

I mean, what did they do, "on my count, one... two... three... wait, on three or one, two then pull the trigger?" I know they put a lot into this whole day, and I'm sure this part was discussed... not to mention their adrenalin flowing from killing everyone they already had. I guess they could have just made a statement about it being "time" or whatever. Unimagineable.
    Interesting! I need to reread the autopsy report. That is suspicious and I have never heard any mention of it being anything than a double suicide. Thanks for the insight.

Katie Guest
    The book says that Eric shot Dylan, and then rolled him over to make sure he was dead, before killing himself.

The lady in the library was named Patty. I could find nothing else about her, except the 911 call.

Doing a little more digging, Patti was on Hall Monitor duty that day. But she must of been a teacher, right?

The book says that Eric shot Dylan, and then rolled him over to make sure he was dead, before killing himself.
    Interesting. I'd kind of like to read the book now.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Katie Guest
    She would have been either a teacher or an Aide. She was on the phone in the library, so I thought maybe she was the librarian.

Maybe she was just simply an aide? The school I graduated from was very, very small...it was a K-12 building and all together probably didn't even have 850 students. Teachers simply acted as aides when needed during the times they didnt have a class to teach. But CHS is a much larger school...maybe they hire people to serve ONLY as aides?

Katie Guest
    That could be. What I have learned was it was not only big, but the average income was very high.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    My friend had posted a link to that video on myspace saying how it was of columbine I had to make sure to correct her. There are no videos of what happened in the library and if there are some they most likely will never be released.

Eric and Dylan were actually well liked and did have friends... I cant remember which one it was but one of them even had a date to one of the drances think it was prom. So it wasnt like they were hated. I do believe its more of like a charles manson/ hitler type thing and Eric was able to brain wash Dylan into believing everything that he believed in. Looking at Dylan like in his senior pix he doesnt look like a threat where as I think you see in Eric's eyes that he is messed up in the head. They also look rather "normal" in their pictures. Like you guys have said the being picked on thing has nothing to do with it everyone does get picked on in some way. I was but then again i was rather popular at the same time. Eric had major anger issues and was ordered to go to therapy but Eric had this amazing ability to make people believe certain things. He was a great liar and its obvious that drama was one of the classes he really paid attenion in.

As most of you may know in October there was a shooting here in Cleveland after that happened all they kept saying was will more security prevent this from happening again..... Honestly NO because there are ways around everything. When you go to the same building 5 days a week for 10 months you learn it like the back of your hand... If someone is determined enough to get something done they will find a way to do it. Schools were never and will never be safe.... that is why i said fuck public highschool and became homeschooled for 10th - 12th grade.
    i too have an un-healthy obsession with this case. it was dylan that had a date to the prom, robin, the same girl who would later purchase guns for them.

http://www.acolumbinesite.com/dylan.html
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

it was dylan that had a date to the prom, robin, the same girl who would later purchase guns for them.
    ...I wonder what happened to Robin?

Katie Guest
    Robin was never charged for buying some of the guns used. The two guys who also bought guns for them were given 6 years in prison. They were paroled in 2005.

I hope it is exremely hot where they are now and for eternity....

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    I hope it is exremely hot where they are now and for eternity....
    and hitler is shoving pineapples up their asses... he was their idol, afterall!

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    and hitler is shoving pineapples up their asses... he was their idol, afterall!
    flaming pineapples...and the Tucks medicated pads are just out of reach....lol

GrinReaper Guest
    I think it was on Wikipedia where I read that they planted quite a few bombs in various places in the cafeteria but the bombs didn't explode. If they had, casualties could have been in the hundreds! Does anyone have another reliable 100% accurate source to confirm this since Wikki is neither reliable or 100% accurate?

The other thing I don't get is why the students just sat there under the tables in the lib. It's like they were just sitting ducks waiting to get shot. Why not try to make a break for it somehow? Out the window, sneak out. Anything but wait out the shooting under a table. Head for the nearest exit fast. That lady in the lib. on the 911 call is telling the students to stay under the tables. (Good idea, lady! I wonder how she feels now.)
    If anyone can offer other insights into this, your welcome to.

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Here's an link to the actual footage from the school's video in the cafetiria(spelled that wrong I think.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HZsxFPQ7Jg

Katie Guest
    The kids were trapped in the Library. Only one way in, and the shooters were at the door before anyone realized there was a problem. As the shooters were targeting some, others were able to escape.

The lady did the right thing by getting the kids under the tables. It was all she had to work with.

weight loss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Our students are several years away from being in high school.
    This is scary. Really. But I have a glimmer of what you're talking about. When my kid was in 3rd grade, he got 2 death threats from 2 students, one a girl, whose mother is a cop, and one a boy, who threatened my life right to my face. I talked to the school, who basically brushed me off about it. I tried talking to both parents - never got a response.

So, I called somebody I knew that used to be on the school board. I insisted that the death threats be put in their file, along with the documentation I kept, when the threats occured, etc. They need to be aware of this kiind of thing - as far as I'm concerned.

All adults do.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I think it was on Wikipedia where I read that they planted quite a few bombs in various places in the cafeteria but the bombs didn't explode. If they had, casualties could have been in the hundreds! Does anyone have another reliable 100% accurate source to confirm this since Wikki is neither reliable or 100% accurate?
    http://columbine.free2host.net/weapon.html

Jazbabee Guest
    I just cant fathom how 2 different kids pull off something of this magnitude,and the parents had NO clue ???? C'mon - gimme a break !!!

cindysgold Guest
    I just bought a used copy of the Brooks Brown book from
    Amazon.com. "No Easy Answers"

I've read throught several links in this thread. It's just sad.
    I felt left out in school but..I never thought to go this far. Then your really left out....Something needs to be done about bullying tho. I think it had a big influence on these guys.

I'm in no way defending them tho !!

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    that video is from a movie called Zero Day...if you notice one kid is blond...neither dylan or eric were blond...also where the commit suicide is not against any bookcases...documented crime scene photographs show they are laid out next to bookcases...notice the date at the lower left hand corner...2001??? shooting happen in 1999

I saw that movie. I was quite disturbing, but I think it made its point, to show what happened in that High School that day. I think I still have the DVD somewhere in my closet.
    Wasn't it entered into the Sundance Festival ?

cindysgold Guest
    I found some updated information. It's from 2004.
    I thought it was interesting.

http://www.slate.com/id/2099203/

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I have to admit, as much as I don't want to, the stuff those boys put in the yearbook were funny. The part about hating singer Richard Marx and stuff. Richard Marx's music is awful, I can identify with that they were writing.