Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1339

Thread: Health Insurance and National Health Care

Got plenty more cards, fellas.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-26-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I beg all of you not to PM friggin Pauli for advice on your healthcare.

I never asked anyone to PM me for advice. My intention was for people to PM me so I could answer any questions in private so your false, misleading and uninformed opinions wouldn't get in the way.

Now I will listen to Cindyt and chill out.

Yeah, well, I got to thinking about it. You too know better than to be hostile. Haven't y'all gotten enough red cards to have learned your lesson? I think so.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ugh.. You really are an inept and ignorant moderator. No wonder everyone has fled in droves.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Ugh.. You really are an inept and ignorant moderator. No wonder everyone has fled in droves.
    Yeah, but thanks to SGG the overall number of posts hasn't gone down.

Thanks to Obamacare, Hubby and I now have Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance for $22/month. Little Bit is on Medicaid. At first, Missouri wanted to fight me on it. They said Little Bit didn't qualify for Medicaid. Yet Obamacare wouldn't let me simply add her to the insurance policy. People I talked to in the Missouri Marketplace wouldn't let me add Little Bit to the policy, yet Division of Family Services wouldn't let me enroll her in Medicaid. Finally the lady I was working with in the Marketplace forced Division of Family Services to enroll Little Bit in Medicaid. It was either Medicaid or add her to our policy. My bestie, though, is so low income that she can't even afford the low Obamacare price I got, and she's low enough income that she's exempt from the tax penalty. AND she's got a hernia.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Congrats Ria!!! People that work their asses off for an honest paycheck and can't afford outrageously high insurance and aren't offered it at work are exactly the people this law helps. Does Missouri not have the expanded medicaid? If she can't afford 22 a month it seems she'd qualify for the expanded medicaid program.

Congrats Ria!!! People that work their asses off for an honest paycheck and can't afford outrageously high insurance and aren't offered it at work are exactly the people this law helps. Does Missouri not have the expanded medicaid? If she can't afford 22 a month it seems she'd qualify for the expanded medicaid program.
    No. MO was offered $8.7 billion to expand Medicaid. They chose not to. In Missouri, in order to get Medicaid you must be: a child, a pregnant woman, or disabled and on SSI (disability) OR you must be unemployed and make less than $200/month. Hubby and I make WAY too much money just by working to qualify for Medicaid. Yet the both of us would die of boredom within a week if we quit working. We also no longer qualify for food stamps, either, since we've both gotten raises.

I'll get another one before summer's out because Missouri raised minimum wage to $7.65. The company that owns my McDonald's will raise everyone's wages to at LEAST $8.50/hour. Those making more than $8.50 will stay the same. Those making under $8.50 will get bumped up. It'll mean a quarter raise for me, which is about $10/paycheck. That $10 covers my bus fare for the pay period.

"I just go here!"

Ahh Well I'm glad you're all covered and won't have to go into bankruptcy if you get sick now. I just looked up Missouri's status with expanded medicaid. Luckily you have a democratic Governor that is in favor for it. It got defeated but it looks like it may be coming soon. There is some republican support. Here's what it says exactly

Missouri: In February 2014, the state Senate defeated an effort to expand Medicaid in Missouri. However, at least one Republican lawmaker in the state says that the issue isn't over; State Senator Ryan Silvey says he has the support for an expansion proposal. Gov. Jay Nixon (D) favors expanding Medicaid.

Oh here is something I'm very proud of. It's our Governor eloquently making the case for implementing Obamacare as it was intended with expanded medicaid and the whole shebang in a New York Times op-ed. His numbers have since come to check out and it's going splendidly here. Here's the last line that I LOVE: "Get over it ... and get out of the way so I can help my people. Here in Kentucky, we cannot afford to waste another day or another life." Here's the article. It's not very long.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/27/op...-now.html?_r=1
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 06-27-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Ria, I got a question for you if you don't mind my question..

How good is the care on obamacare? My other half has numerous medical problems & getting decent care on Medicaid in Alaska is like yanking teeth. The Dr 's barely wanna do anything and he has such a low quality of life its really sad. I'm wondering if obamacare would be better for him. Also.. does it cover vision & prescriptions?

Thank you for any input

Move on, Paulination.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Ria, I got a question for you if you don't mind my question..

How good is the care on obamacare? My other half has numerous medical problems & getting decent care on Medicaid in Alaska is like yanking teeth. The Dr 's barely wanna do anything and he has such a low quality of life its really sad. I'm wondering if obamacare would be better for him. Also.. does it cover vision & prescriptions?

Thank you for any input
    I'm not entirely sure. I haven't had to really use it yet. My therapist is in network, and I pay towards my deductible every visit, but I haven't used the health part yet. I will the 10th, though, because I have an appointment for a physical and to have my foot looked at. I'm almost 100% certain I have plantar's fasciitis in my left foot.

"I just go here!"

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    No. MO was offered $8.7 billion to expand Medicaid. They chose not to. In Missouri, in order to get Medicaid you must be: a child, a pregnant woman, or disabled and on SSI (disability) OR you must be unemployed and make less than $200/month. Hubby and I make WAY too much money just by working to qualify for Medicaid. Yet the both of us would die of boredom within a week if we quit working. We also no longer qualify for food stamps, either, since we've both gotten raises.

I'll get another one before summer's out because Missouri raised minimum wage to $7.65. The company that owns my McDonald's will raise everyone's wages to at LEAST $8.50/hour. Those making more than $8.50 will stay the same. Those making under $8.50 will get bumped up. It'll mean a quarter raise for me, which is about $10/paycheck. That $10 covers my bus fare for the pay period.
    This is exactly how it is in Florida (who also did not expand Medicaid). People are falling thru the cracks, still.

Congrats on your raise, and your insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Thanks to Obamacare, Hubby and I now have Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance for $22/month.
    I'm happy for you but at the same time, I'm paying over $800 a month for myself, a wife and two kids. That's not an equitable solution to healthcare in America, that's cost shifting to the middle and upper class. Obamacare "looks" like it is keeping costs down because of examples like yours and the fact that it feels like your premiums have gone way down.

The truth is the premiums are way up, it is just your portion that is down due to subsidies.

Please don't take what I'm saying as negative towards you in any way. You should take every advantage the law affords you. Obamacare was sold as a way to get the premiums down and the government has found a way to make it artificially look that way on the backs of those who don't qualify for a subsidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I'm happy for you but at the same time, I'm paying over $800 a month for myself, a wife and two kids. That's not an equitable solution to healthcare in America, that's cost shifting to the middle and upper class. Obamacare "looks" like it is keeping costs down because of examples like yours and the fact that it feels like your premiums have gone way down.

The truth is the premiums are way up, it is just your portion that is down due to subsidies.

Please don't take what I'm saying as negative towards you in any way. You should take every advantage the law affords you. Obamacare was sold as a way to get the premiums down and the government has found a way to make it artificially look that way on the backs of those who don't qualify for a subsidy.
    The fact is that Obamacare has slowed the rate of increase of healthcare costs to its lowest point in history. The numbers aren't "artificial". They are real, and they look good because Obamacare is working. Whenever numbers or anything factual doesn't go the way a conservative wants it to they simply cry foul and call the numbers/facts wrong. If it comes down to people like you paying a little more or denying millions of hard working Americans basic healthcare I'm sorry but I just say to you and those like you... tough shit. And if you are telling the truth, which I doubt, you are in the small minority. Don't pay. Pay the fine and use the emergency room for your healthcare. Learn what that's like before you throw millions back to that kind of healthcare. Selfish POS. And if I get a red card for this Pauli damn sure should get one for post #1258

And there it is. Blatant favoritism. I stopped when told. Pauli continued not once but TWICE and got nothing. Riotboots is right. cindy you are ignorant and inept. The worst moderator I have ever seen. I'm done trying to be friendly to you. The sad part is I've never seen one of you dipshits fired. Never. That's why you feel free to continue to ruin this site. I blame the guy running the joint. How many people have complained to him? How many examples of horseshit moderation has he seen? And he continues to defend her and allow her to run rampant. If he had any balls whatsoever he'd fire this horrible cunt and maybe get some people back. Of course that should have been done long ago but the damage is done. I'd like to hear the reasoning behind my red card and Pauli not getting one for 2 posts that he should have.

Oh and in case you guys have been living under a rock this is the part where she gives me the 3rd red card and ban for "disruption" for having the gaul to question one of her idiotic decisions. It's what she does. She gives a card or 2 for bs and when you question it you get the infamous "disruption" red card. It's actually kind of a wild card ban. It's a set up. If a disruption red card were given every time someone stopped a discussion in its tracks to disrupt it with bullshit warnings and flexing of mod muscles cindy would have so many red cards she'd be banned for 5 lifetimes. I've seen strict moderators in person. They are the biggest losers on the fucking planet. They have no power and no real life so go overboard on fucking message boards. Barney Fife should ring a bell. See ya after my vacation.... maybe.

I've always said there should be healthcare reform, of some sort. It needs to attack the problem of rising cost instead of rising premium which it does now through subsidies. Subsidies are not based on insurance premium, but on income so if the premiums go up the subsidies just go up with it to keep the premium paid level. That masks the problem.

I did show proof of what I was saying and all you did SGG was dismiss it.

It is addressing rising costs. More people in the marketplace the more competition the lower the costs. Of course if you guys really wanted the problem fixed you'd have just agreed to single payer and all these issues would be resolved.

Oh and just to add to post above. Me and Pauli had already calmed down and moved ON!! CINDY then decided in her infinite wisdom to card us both like the next day and started the entire thing over again. So this entire thing is cindy's fault.

Ugh. I keep moving on and thinking of something else. I'm not saying Obamacare is perfect. There are kinks. Kinks that should be worked out and will be worked out. But it's hard to work with people to work out kinks when you know all they want to do is destroy it, not fix it.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 06-28-2015 at 04:53 PM.

endsleigh03 Guest

It was also not an equitable solution PRIOR to the ACA when low-income people could not access health care because of cost and preexisting conditions. How was that fair?

As a matter of fact, there is some shoe on the other foot going on here.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 06-29-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    It was also not an equitable solution PRIOR to the ACA when low-income people could not access health care because of cost and preexisting conditions. How was that fair?
    I totally agree that everyone should have access to health care regardless of income or health. The expansion of Medi-Cal (what its called in CA) was a good idea and I don't have a problem with the subsidy system in theory. What i don't like is the pigeon holing all of the health plans into one of four designs instead of the vast variety that was once available that allowed people to have a plan that fit their usage and price. I used to have a 10,000 deductible and a $20 Copay. I chose the risk on the hospital size to keep my premium down and my wife like the $20 copay for the kids. When our plan renewed we lost that. There is no high deductible plan with a low copay now and the cheapest thing we could find was $200 more a month.

The government should never have monkeyed around to the extent that it did. Require people to buy insurance, fine. Expand Medi-Cal and introduce a subsidy system, fine. BUT, don't change everyones plan, reduce choice, force coverage for things that are irrelevant to the subscriber and don't tax the shit out of every aspect of the legislation.

I'm on the front line here. My complaint above is just one of many I hear daily from people. I still have people calling me to enroll them in a health plan who don't know about the open enrollment period. People think because I lean conservative that I like to find things wrong with Obamacare or just hate it because I'm an ideologue. The truth is, If you sat down and talked with me about the ACA you wouldn't know anything about my politics because I can speak about the law intelligently in a non-political fashion.

endsleigh03 Guest
    So what are we really getting at here? Are we not supposed to be individually responsible for the expense of our own health care whether it is an insurance premium or a doctor/hospital bill? I was raised that you have to work for what you get and that relying on the government to give you something was not a good thing.

I had to earn money for my first car, had to pay for my first apartment, had to find a job that offerred a health plan and yes I had health insurance and car insurance since I was in my early twenties. My parents did pay for college tuition but everything else I had to pay for.

I do believe in social programs as a safety net but not as a way of life. I just don't know exactly what you folks are advocating? A public system? I pay alot in taxes now so should I pay more? Am I an asshole for believing as I do? Set me straight because I am going in circles in the post.
    Bump

Paragraph number 1 and 2 in this post. This is your outlook, and it always has been. It's the old stand-by, handouts. You say it has nothing to do with your political viewpoints, but it does.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 06-29-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Bump

Paragraph number 1 and 2 in this post. This is your outlook, and it always has been. It's the old stand-by, handouts. You say it has nothing to do with your political viewpoints, but it does.
    So what? All of us have viewpoints and are entitled to expound on them. Rule 4.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Bump

I see nothing wrong with that post and I read it about ten times. All it says is you should strive to be responsible for yourself, and if you need it there should be a safety net but you should always have the goal of not needing it, aka being self supportive.

I believe a liberal or conservative should feel that way.

The government should never have monkeyed around to the extent that it did. Require people to buy insurance, fine. Expand Medi-Cal and introduce a subsidy system, fine. BUT, don't change everyones plan, reduce choice, force coverage for things that are irrelevant to the subscriber and don't tax the shit out of every aspect of the legislation.
    YES. Once Obamacare went into effect, McDonald's insurance skyrocketed. What used to cost me roughly $150/paycheck (or $300/month) for a family of three leapt to over $500/month for less coverage for a family of three, or $250/paycheck. That was for hubby, me, and Little Bit. Because Schmoo was on Medicaid, we weren't allowed to add him to the policy. That's almost half my paycheck each pay period! That's not including rent, electricity bill, phone bill, groceries, TV bill. Granted, our TV is $16/month, but still.

Hubby and I do NOT make a whole bunch of money. Missouri chose NOT to expand Medicaid to cover folks like Hubby and me, who didn't make enough to be able to afford insurance but made too much to qualify for Medicaid before the expansion. I think that had Missouri chosen to expand Medicaid, a lot of folks in Hubby's and my position would've been much better off. I've seen Medicaid cover 100% for the kidlets: checkups, vaccines, ER visits, meds, and all the fun stuff that comes along with being a parent of two, one of whom is a rambunctious daredevil BOY.

Schmoo's meds alone would've been at LEAST a full paycheck. Little Bit's meds are on the $4 list, as is one of mine. The other is $20, and that's without insurance, we opted against prescription coverage because we'd have had to pay for the meds full-price to meet the deductible BEFORE we would've begun saving any money. Once we meet the health deductible, all visits this year will be free. For example, my therapist is in the network. Once Hubby pays the $600 to get the screws removed from his ankle, which happens to be our deductible, then I see my therapist for free as many times as I need to until the end of the year and the cycle starts all over again. You get a physical once a year with no copay and no out-of-pocket costs. Women get a pap, and if you're over a certain age, a mammogram. I have an appointment next Friday after work for the first physical I've had in 12 years, and I'll get my foot looked at.

I don't agree with the penalty for not having insurance. I don't think it's right to penalize people for NOT being able to afford the insurance premiums if they happen to fall between the cracks: make too much to qualify for subsidies or Medicaid, yet can't afford a full-blown insurance policy. They take the penalty out of the tax refund at tax time. I know for Hubby and myself, tax refund time is when we treat ourselves. Upgrade cell phones, go out to a nice dinner, buy new eyeglasses/contacts for all of us, show the kids awesome birthdays because their birthdays fall during tax refund time.

Yeah, America's Best does their two pairs for $70, but multiply that times three, and add in $80 for my contact exam PLUS $70 for two pairs of glasses for me PLUS about $40 for contacts, and yeah. That's why we do it at tax time. This year, though, because I now need bifocals, I opted NOT to get contacts. Bifocal contacts are $80/box, and I need two boxes. One prescription for each eye, and the eye doctor's other option gave me a headache just thinking about it: one eye for near and the other for far. If we'd been penalized, we couldn't have done that. Little Bit still needs to get hers done, she didn't get as many days off from school as she usually did, so we'll get hers done over the summer.

"I just go here!"

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    So what? All of us have viewpoints and are entitled to expound on them. Rule 4.
    Why are you being rude to me? Seriously? Who do you fucking think you are? I've got your So What and your fucking rule number 4. You can stick them both up your ass sideways, pal!

Keep picking away at the scabs of what is left of this board, keep driving people away, til there is nothing left but bible-thumping right wing loons, who suit you and your ideas. You are almost there, keep up the great work!

And oh, BTW, you allowing me to get trashed the way you did back in the Trayvon Martin thread? FUCK YOU!! You didn't do one fucking thing to stop that. So much for all your rules.

You seem to think this is your own personal playground and you are the third grade teacher. You ruin conversations by constantly jumping into the middle with your get back on topic. Why are you bothering? There is barely anything going on here anymore that should cause all the heavy handed intervention. CAN'T you let people talk FFS, without all the chastising????? So many good members have been driven away, you have pretty much single-handedly sucked every ounce of fun and life from this board. If 10 people tell you that you have a tail, Cindy, you ought to turn around and fucking look.

Get out your deck of reds (power of the very small person and life) and start dealing, baby! Deal away!

After 7 years on this board you are finally making me leave too.

Fuck you, you ARE a nasty CUNT.

Cool it. Everyone's opinions matter but civility matters here too. And derailing a thread by making it about other members (no matter who they are) is not cool.

Bidmor Guest
    Starting today, Obamacare will punish businesses which help employees with health care.

Freedom and choice my butt.

http://watchdog.org/226796/obamacare...ll-businesses/

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Starting today, Obamacare will punish businesses which help employees with health care.

Freedom and choice my butt.

http://watchdog.org/226796/obamacare...ll-businesses/
    Thanks for posting this Bidmor but let me a couple of things to it. The true nature of this rule is to prevent an employer who doesn't offer insurance or wants to drop their coverage from sending an employee to the Exchange and then paying for their premium. Employers with lower wage works know that the worker is elligible for a subsidy so essentially what they are doing is saving a lot of money by having the government pick up most of the tab. Allowing this would encourage employers to drop their coverages and shift the expense to the government.

As far has helping them pay for expenses, there are ways to still do that but it has to be done via particular arrangements such as an H.S.A or H.R.A.

I agree that if an employer wants to pay for the employees expenses whose business is it to say no but it is an example of how legislation creeps into many places.

As a matter of fact, there is some shoe on the other foot going on here.
    Insurance premiums of ANY type, are based primarily on the overall risk to the insurer. Someone who has a pre-existing condition should pay more than someone who doesn't. I assume in your world, someone with multiple moving violations and a couple of at-fault accidents should pay the same premium than someone with a squeaky clean DMV record?

Obamacare is simply a money redistribution scheme in wolves clothing. Those that can't see that are most likely the ones that are benefiting the most from it.
    "When you rob Peter to pay Paul.....Paul will vote for you EVERY time!"

- Democratic Party platform for 80+ years & counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Taylor View Post
    Insurance premiums of ANY type, are based primarily on the overall risk to the insurer. Someone who has a pre-existing condition should pay more than someone who doesn't. I assume in your world, someone with multiple moving violations and a couple of at-fault accidents should pay the same premium than someone with a squeaky clean DMV record?

Obamacare is simply a money redistribution scheme in wolves clothing. Those that can't see that are most likely the ones that are benefiting the most from it.

Ouch! This post is pretty blunt but also 100% accurate.

The fact is that Obamacare has slowed the rate of increase of healthcare costs to its lowest point in history. The numbers aren't "artificial". They are real, and they look good because Obamacare is working.
    and then there is this......

"Health insurance companies across the country are seeking rate increases of 20 to 40 percent or more, saying their new customers under the affordable care act turned out to be sicker than expected"

This from an article on MSN for gods sake, a notoriously pro Obama news source. I have said it many times before. With guarentee issue health coverage those that need services and have been putting things off will buy the coverage in a much greater proportion than those who have no immediate need. That means the claims will be higher than the collected premium and the rates will skyrocket. So here it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...016/ar-AAcxArB

Bidmor Guest
    Dovetailing with Pauli's last post, last week I heard that Aetna is merging with my carrier, Humana. As memory serves, what I read stated that this merge will create the second largest carrier in the US where there are already too few...the root cause being Obamacare.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000394273
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102811876

Dovetailing with Pauli's last post, last week I heard that Aetna is merging with my carrier, Humana. As memory serves, what I read stated that this merge will create the second largest carrier in the US where there are already too few...the root cause being Obamacare.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000394273
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102811876
    The worst thing we can have coupled (and caused by) with Obamacare is the shrinking of competition. You want to see rates skyrocket? Take competition out of the mix. They can then charge you what ever they want.

Bidmor Guest
    The worst thing we can have coupled (and caused by) with Obamacare is the shrinking of competition. You want to see rates skyrocket? Take competition out of the mix. They can then charge you what ever they want.
    And they will do just that. Obamacare will end up being the biggest boon to insurance companies' bottom line (the few which remain standing), guaranteed by the feds. If I don't want to pay outrageous premiums, I can always opt for no insurance at all. Of course then the IRS will penalize me...sorry, tax me extra, courtesy of John Roberts...for not having insurance. That penalty...er, tax...will be almost as much as insurance premiums. This is what we can look forward to.

Covered CA ED gets 26% Raise

Well here's one guy who loves Obamacare. Peter Lee, the Executive Director of Covered CA recieved a 24% raise in February, another 2.5% last week along with a $65,000 bonus. His salary is 49% higher than the average health insurance CEO. All funded by the 13.95 tax added to all Covered CA policies.

http://www.latimes.com/business/heal...619-story.html

I just received the following email from Health Net:

"I wanted to share with you some important information regarding your Small Business Groups renewing in the months of September, October, November and December.

By now you should have received your September renewal packets for your Small Businesses. I'm sure you've heard by now that the Grandmothered
    (Transitional) plans that were extended into 2015 will no longer be available per the Department of Insurance (DOI) going into 2016.
    The removal of these plans will occur at the group's renewal time. Health Net will be migrating the members currently on these plans to ACA plans that are comparable in benefits and co-payments/co-insurance. The ACA plans are richer because of mandatory health benefits that are built-in to them. The other differences are that the premiums are based on each individual's age (no longer employee plus spouse, employee plus child, etc.) and are also based on the employers zip code region rather than the employees. These differences may result in a higher to much higher difference in premium depending on the plans the group currently has. This may cause some "sticker shock"

This is what Bidmor was referring to when he was talking about his Humana plan. Anyone on here who has a small group plan should check to if it was grand mothered (the term in CA) or not because if it is, it's going away.

Bidmor Guest
    Thanks for the info, Pauli. But to my knowledge, my plan is a plain old individual purchase...my current employer offers no insurance. Still, I expect my premium to skyrocket come September in order to comply with ACA mandated coverages and deductibles. Add in that Aetna and Humana have merged...there's another wild card.

Bidmor Guest
    The Obama regime continues elimination of small business and the middle class.

Beginning this month, the IRS can levy fines amounting to $100 per worker per day or $36,500 per worker per year, with a maximum of $500,000 per firm.

This Internal Revenue Service penalty is not written into the Obamacare law.

The $100 fine is applicable not only to large firms, but also those with fewer than 50 workers that are exempt from the $2,000 and $3,000 employer penalties. Firms with one worker are exempt.
    Underline added.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...?siteid=yhoof2

The Obama regime continues elimination of small business and the middle class.

Underline added.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...?siteid=yhoof2
    Because of this, employers who wish to give their employees something towards health insurance without offering it can only do it by simply increasing their salary which in turn leads to more payroll taxes.

This is my new favorite thread, especially this last page. Folks goin' IN. LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Cool it. Everyone's opinions matter but civility matters here too. And derailing a thread by making it about other members (no matter who they are) is not cool.
    Allowing one moderator to run rampant without reprimand derailing every thread with their power trips and favorites playing is even more uncool. Endsleigh didn't deserve any cards. The only card I really deserved was the rant one I pushed to. Pauli deserved as many cards as I got and way more than Endsleigh. This thread is the best example of what's wrong with this site and the people running it. I am speaking exclusively about Nick here. He has told me he doesn't think cindy plays favorites. Perhaps he's blind? He and Scott either don't see or don't care that cindy is ruining this site. She is the reason so many people have left and not come back. Personally I just don't think they really give a shit and it's pretty obvious.

43. 07-29-2015, 08:51 PM

Allowing one moderator to run rampant without reprimand derailing every thread with their power trips and favorites playing is even more uncool. Endsleigh didn't deserve any cards. The only card I really deserved was the rant one I pushed to. Pauli deserved as many cards as I got and way more than Endsleigh. This thread is the best example of what's wrong with this site and the people running it. I am speaking exclusively about Nick here. He has told me he doesn't think cindy plays favorites. Perhaps he's blind? He and Scott either don't see or don't care that cindy is ruining this site. She is the reason so many people have left and not come back. Personally I just don't think they really give a shit and it's pretty obvious.
    Well, it's nice to see that your temporary ban really scared you straight, Stewart! It's really a shame you are not on Facebook. Since so many of the cool FAD people have been driven away from here, I have reached out to folks on FB. There are a number of FAD themed groups, some of which don't allow mods to be members. As God intended.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

lol I have fought the Facebook/Twitter system for a long long time. I'm hoping to outlast it til the end but it's looking like this fad is here to stay!!! If I do get FB you guys will be the first groups I check out.

I gave you a red card for disruption, Upset, as God intended.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sigh.

Cindy, I’m not going to call you a cunt, for 2 reasons: 1) it’s been done already, by like a hundred people; and 2) I really just feel pity for you at this point. You’ve posted enough about yourself on here to make it abundantly clear that you have a miserably unhappy life. You don’t have to be Dr. Freud to figure out that all you’re doing on here is taking your unhappiness out on other FADers, in the name of “enforcing the rules”. It is comically transparent. People call you an idiot, but I actually disagree with this, and I certainly think you’re aware of the concept of karma: Is it possible that if you didn’t treat people like shit, you wouldn’t have such a shitty life?

In any case, I am fine with your giving me all the red cards you like. I’m a big boy, and to me a few pixels on my screen changing color is a reasonable price to pay if it means your spleen has been vented for the day. Perhaps it will even prevent a stray dog in your neighborhood from being kicked. What I WOULD ask, though, is that after you card me, you wait fifteen minutes, and then ask yourself if your life has gotten any better. I think you will find the answer to be “no”.

I have really enjoyed posting here, and reading what others post, but it’s not the only thing I have going on in my life, as it appears to be for you. I am happy to say that I get enough validation from the things I do in the real world, so I don’t “need” this in the same way you do. So in a weird way I feel selfish for calling you out and asking you to treat people decently. Pity is a strange thing.

This used to be an awesome board. It still would be, but unfortunately you are singlehandedly destroying it. It is surprising to me that a smart businessman like Scott would have a mod who actively drove people away from the site, thereby suppressing ad views. (I don’t know, maybe he isn’t paying attention.) Perhaps the only thing which will truly be a wakeup call for you will be if you get to the point where you have literally driven everyone away, leaving you alone with your mean-spiritedness. Unlikely, of course: new users who don’t know any better are always signing up, and it takes time for people to see you for what you really are. (Hm. And those new users will be exposed to the advertising for as long as they stay here. Is that actually the business model?)

If I am not permanently banned, I will probably come back from time to time and post if I see something interesting. But I suppose it doesn’t matter. This place isn’t much fun anymore.

In any case, I truly hope your life gets better, both for your sake and that of your victims on FAD. Take care.

Back on subject my peoples...

"If it comes down to people like you paying a little more or denying millions of hard working Americans basic healthcare I'm sorry but I just say to you and those like you... tough shit. "

Here is the problem with this. I am currently paying more now. Hubby and I have to be on separate insurances because of our company rules. In spite of having insurance, and decent jobs, going to the doctor is still a luxury. If we go in for anything other than a standard checkup- we are still looking at at least a $200 bill. I had an outpatient surgery last year, and it cost more than my C-Section/4 day hospital visit from 8 years ago. Between that and my husbands emergency appendectomy- it adds up. It's probably going to be over a year before I can pay it all off.

So don't tell me that the cost of health care is going down, and that Obamacare is awesome. Sure- it's awesome for those that have subsidized premiums, but for those of us that are not so lucky- it sucks.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Back on subject my peoples...

"If it comes down to people like you paying a little more or denying millions of hard working Americans basic healthcare I'm sorry but I just say to you and those like you... tough shit. "

Here is the problem with this. I am currently paying more now. Hubby and I have to be on separate insurances because of our company rules. In spite of having insurance, and decent jobs, going to the doctor is still a luxury. If we go in for anything other than a standard checkup- we are still looking at at least a $200 bill. I had an outpatient surgery last year, and it cost more than my C-Section/4 day hospital visit from 8 years ago. Between that and my husbands emergency appendectomy- it adds up. It's probably going to be over a year before I can pay it all off.

So don't tell me that the cost of health care is going down, and that Obamacare is awesome. Sure- it's awesome for those that have subsidized premiums, but for those of us that are not so lucky- it sucks.
    Still comes down to a form of income redistribution, which is what he always wanted in the first place.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Still comes down to a form of income redistribution, which is what he always wanted in the first place.
    Yep. BO told us in 2008 that he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America. Well, he has the machinations up and running with the aid of fellow Dems and establishment Repubs and the SCOTUS.

I got a letter in the mail the other day saying I could qualify if I applied again this coming after a year and a half of initial sign up.

Thank God it wasn't an emergency.

And as the off topic chatter is concerned, can't we all just get along?? I like everybody and It wouldn't be the same place without people to discuss the gruesome side of life or in this case death with. Lets get back to it shall we?
    Last edited by TheDude; 08-02-2015 at 07:16 PM.