Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chandra Levy

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Where's her parents? Brother? They were all over the news shows attempting to find out who did this. They adored her.

I know it's not healthy to weep, cry and gasp over a stone and plot of grass, but why aren't they maintaining the ground? It sounds like a crappy cemetery (from an earlier post) but why did they put her there? Why aren't they taking care of her grave? Why don't they move her to a decent place? What if someone makes a wrong turn off that road - they'll be part of the cemetery.

I'm just full of questions today...
    I can understand not leaving a stone for personal reasons...maybe they're trying to keep the site hush-hush so it wont get so many visitors dropping in. (but then again, why is it posted with a picture showing where it is in the cemetary, then? I dont get that.) But yes, I agree, why aren't they keeping up the lawn at least? Granted, that picture could of just been taken after a winter thaw and the grass hadn't fully recovered, but if that's the case, someone needs to take a new picture of it.

They maybe put her there because there's family buried there, as well?

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Gary Condit sued writer Dominick Dunne and won because he
    tried to implicate him in the disappearance of Chandra Levy.
    Well Gary was cheating but it doesn't make him a murderer. The News papers and cops went after him like a pack of vultures. I don't think he killed her or had her killed. If the cops had done their jobs,called investigating, and not honing in on just one person they probably would have found her sooner. Doesn't it seem strange that where she was found is where people ride their bikes and jog all the time. No one smelled a thing??? I love Domincik Dunne but he joined the talking heads like Nancy Graceless, Gorilla All Rude and the rest of those people on the those shows and started telling people he was guilty,just like they did in the Peterson case and all they managed to do to GC was ruin his career.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sordid1982 View Post
    I just looked her up her grave on findagrave. There's one lone picture of it from 2003, it's unmarked, and the ground is in pretty cruddy condition. Poor girl.

I really don't know if Condit had a hand in it or not, but he really should of been honest right away when the news broke that he and Chandra had an affair. If he had be cooperative from the start, there might not of been 24/7 coverage on the story all summer. Well...okay, no I take that back, there probably still WOULD of been.

Even if he had admitted that he had an affair with her what would that proved? They may have arrested him and then had to let him go,but they still would have wasted tax payers money and wasted time by honing in on him. It wasn;t his fault that they never found who killed her, they didn't understand that map and they looked no further than GC. The press ran with this story the minute they found out or were tipped off that he was or had an affair with her. GC didn't have an ice bergs chance in hell of not being persecuted for cheating>

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    That "conspiracy theory" is a bunch of BS. Little ole Chandra Levy somehow involved with 9-11?

What next, Laci Peterson was killed because she uncovered too much classified info? Geesh.

I do wonder about the state of her remains. I remember seeing Sylvia Browne on Montel before they found her and she described where the remains were clearly and accurately. Very eerie.
    What I do remember is that for weeks and weeks it was THE story. Then 9/11 happened and the media never really picked up the fury again. No comfort to Chandra's family, but all those other families were hurting too.
    It was like "oh- the skeleton was found" end of report. The Condits moved to Arizona. Do old Congressmen get a pension or something?

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Lisamarie, I agree with your sentiments about Chandra.

Condit is a scumbag, for sure. I'm not altogether convinced he wasn't behind her murder.

Suing Dominck Dunne was a little overboard, I think. Like Condit protested a little too much.
    Well I dunno abut protesting too much lol when being accused of murder, having dominck going on TV and baltantly stating you murdered someone. The cops went after him with a passion and so did those talking heads on TV. If it were me I would still be suing peoples asses for all that bs lol
    They have no right destroying someones life because they "think that they killed someone to cover up an affair. It helps to have some evidence first LOL

Ooh Oh for Gary Condit

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ra/ch10_1.html

Looks to be a break in this case. If I put it in the Original Chandra Levy thread it gets buried. Maybe it should be merged. I'll leave it to the Mods to decide.
    Last edited by johnny; 07-23-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Adiposeur Guest
    I can remember the local radio station talking about Condit/Levy on Sept. 11. In fact, they broke into the chatter to report that a plane had hit a building in NYC. Obviously a day burned into all of our minds. The Levy case did get put in the back burner but I always felt like Condit had something to do with it.

I'm kind of bugged by the guy's statement though:
    "Guandique had been walking in the Adams Morgan neighborhood when a car pulled to the curb. Condit offered him money - $25,000 to kill a woman. The congressman provided him with her picture and a location where he could find her."

He just pulls up to him like that???

Jaxxx Guest
    I don't think he's telling the truth, doesn't sound like he did it

Lita Guest
    This isn't really a break in her case except to discount the only really viable suspect they had. I mean, of course they suspect Condit but they have nothing that points to him. When this informant came forward, it at least gave them something but now it looks like it was all a lie. After reading "Innocent Man" by John Grisham I have no faith whatsoever in jailhouse informants. I think this will be one of those cases that never gets solved.

kandykisses Guest
    Is there a condensed version? That report was so boring I couldn't keep my attention on it. The cops screwed up and I don't think this case will ever be solved.

Vamp Guest
    Some part of me still suspects Gary Condit.

kandykisses Guest
    Me too.

ceege Guest
    Doesn't read like a break in the case at all. The judge discredited his claim. I'm pretty certain that Condit did it but they will never prove it.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I dont think GC has anything to do with her death. He had too much to lose and he lost it all anyway. He was a cheater true but there was no reason for him to kill her.
    This stuff makes me think that they just want to go after him again and ruin whta is left of his life.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Wasn't her body found in a D.C. park where other women had been murdered while jogging? And I believe she was jogging too...
    It's been so long since I've heard anything about this one, but seems like I saw something about her now being considered the probable victim of a serial killer?
    Maybe not--but I think that's the last thing I saw on this.

Lisamarie Guest
    so was she really stabbed?? I mean they have never really said what happened to her....and see ladies this is why you dont screw around with very married politions....because lets say she did get killed by a serial killer....well all the focus was taken off the investinagtion because she was haveing an affair with a married man.

deathybrad Guest
    What did Gary Condit do with her anyway?

Seagorath Guest
    I also thought they found some of her bones in the D.C. park...I remember there was a special about it. The bones were in some foliage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Wasn't her body found in a D.C. park where other women had been murdered while jogging? And I believe she was jogging too...
    It's been so long since I've heard anything about this one, but seems like I saw something about her now being considered the probable victim of a serial killer?
    Maybe not--but I think that's the last thing I saw on this.

FannyB1923 Guest
    I still think she was lured to the park. If she just wanted to take a walk, she'd leave the apt. and go- but she had the Mapquest on the computer...like somebody gave her instructions to meet them someplace.

This story sounds plausible- The idea that an illegal alien would be hired. Especially using somebody with a fake id and no prior record.
    But with the language barrier and all, I doubt that this guy was hired off the street.

Seagorath Guest
    Chandra Ann Levy (April 14, 1977 – circa May 1, 2001) was an intern at the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Washington, D.C., who disappeared in the spring of 2001 and was subsequently found murdered in Rock Creek Park. The investigation into her disappearance uncovered an affair[1] with then U.S. Representative Gary Condit, a Democrat representing California's 18th congressional district and a senior member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Though Condit was never called a suspect by police, the uproar led to his exit from Congress. The circumstances surrounding her death remain unclear.

GODDESS6 Guest
    her mother was always very compelling to me~ she just broke my heart whenever she was interviewed about her daughter~ sometimes i feel condit did it, others times i just don't know~ it's a shame tho, that it's still unsolved~
    it sort of reminds me of the thomas capano/anne marie fahey case~

Adiposeur Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I still think she was lured to the park. If she just wanted to take a walk, she'd leave the apt. and go- but she had the Mapquest on the computer...like somebody gave her instructions to meet them someplace.

This story sounds plausible- The idea that an illegal alien would be hired. Especially using somebody with a fake id and no prior record.
    But with the language barrier and all, I doubt that this guy was hired off the street.
    exactly. plus, just pulling up to some random guy on the street?

ajurk Guest
    i guess that means GC is fluent in spanish then huh? because this dude apparently doesn't understand or speak english to the point of comprehension. how lucky of a break would that be for GC. he goes up to some random dude, that by coincidence attacks woman in this same park and asks him to kill CL. makes zero sense.

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    so was she really stabbed?? I mean they have never really said what happened to her....and see ladies this is why you dont screw around with very married politions....because lets say she did get killed by a serial killer....well all the focus was taken off the investinagtion because she was haveing an affair with a married man.

If I recall they were unable to determine a cause of death.

Lisamarie Guest
    The mom always got me..like she told her mom she was haveing an affair with a married man who was very important and they laughed about it...I was like oookkkayy?? If it was my daughter she would be picking herself off the ground after I had smacked the hell outta her for being a dumbass bitch and haveing an affair with a married man!!I never understood that?? Why encourage that type of behaiviour..and the thing is if it ws a serial killer than all the focouse was taken off whoever may have done this because of her messing around with a married man....

FannyB1923 Guest
    I saw her mother on an interview and she recounted saying to Chandra as she was leaving for DC, "Don't you act like that Monica Lewinsky!" and durnit, that's what happened. Another foolish intern!

The real tragedy of course is her disappearance and death.

Lisamarie Guest
    yeah and the fact that they have never found who killed her....

texasbelle5 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Some part of me still suspects Gary Condit.
    when this story broke and I read John Leboutiller's article in which he said that Gary Condit had hired a Haitian man who knew Chandra to lure her from her apt and kill her, I emailed John (yes me texasbelle5) and asked him about it. He replied that he stood by his story. Gary Condit had enough money and connections to make the story go away. It cost him his career though.

My money is on Condit and the Haitian man on the motorcycle.

I hope this is the right place to post. Apparently they have a suspect ready to name in this case. I never thought Condit was responsible. Sleazy, maybe, but not a murderer. IF that is the case, then her parents, who really trashed the guy for years, owes him an apology.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    NO KIDDIN!!! Man, I never thought they would get ANYBODY in this case...They are gonna have to grovel for a LONG time to make up for all the trash talk...I'm glad they have a suspect...Next question is...
    1. Are they in custody?
    2. Are they dead?

Just their luck that they find out who did it and then the guy is dead...

cachluv Guest
    Source, please?

And Condit made himself look bad. Every step of the way. He could have cleared himself right up front but he chose not to.

The suspect is in the prison system in DC, from what the news says. I just wonder how they connected him to the case. DNA would have been long gone after her body being exposed for over a year, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Source, please?
    Sorry, I have the TV on Headline News.

cachluv Guest
    What channel or network?

I just got really excited and would like to know more. Not trying to grill ya

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Source, please?

And Condit made himself look bad. Every step of the way. He could have cleared himself right up front but he chose not to.
    Yeah. He wanted to hide the affair. I'd personally rather admit to an affair than be a murder suspect. I just never saw the parents do anything but blame him.

cachluv Guest
    Arrest Near In Chandra Levy Case?

Reports: D.C. Police Eyeing Inmate In 2001 Murder Of Washington Intern

WASHINGTON, Feb. 21, 2009

Chandra Levy was a government intern who disappeared in 2001. Her remains were found in a Washington, D.C. park a year later. (CBS)

(CBS) Authorities in Washington, D.C. may be close to an arrest in the murder of former government intern Chandra Levy, a case that made headlines, and brought down a congressman eight years ago.

There are reports that D.C. police have submitted evidence to the U.S. Attorney's Office in an effort to get an arrest warrant for a man identified as Ingmar Guandique.

He's behind bars, convicted of assaulting two women jogging in Washington's Rock Creek Park.

An inmate serving time with Guandique reportedly told investigators that Guandique told him he killed Levy, but Guandique is said to have told police he saw Levy in the park, but didn't harm her.

Levy was an intern at the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

She was 24 when she disappeared from her D.C. apartment. Her remains were found more than a year later in Rock Creek Park by a man walking his dog.

D.C. cops were sharply criticized at the time for saying they'd searched that park, and found nothing.

Levy's disappearance has remained a mystery ever since, but it also revealed an affair with then-California Rep. Gary Condit. That cost him his seat.

For many weeks, Condit appeared to be the prime suspect in her disappearance. For months, he said little about his relationship with Levy, except for repeating over and over that he had nothing to do with her death or disappearance.

On The Early Show Saturday Edition, CBS News legal analyst Lisa Bloom speculated a jailhouse snitch, like the one cited in news accounts, could have been the source of the new evidence police are apparently using to target Guandique.

"My guess would be two things," Bloom said. "One, new statements from the suspect behind bars, possibly linking him to Chandra Levy. The other would be developments in forensic science, which has grown by leaps and bounds in the last eight years. Maybe they have something new on him ... something linking him to the remains of Chandra Levy. When her remains were found in Rock Creek Park, they were highly decomposed. ... Nevertheless, hair, bone samples, dental records, something linking him to her remains. Otherwise, it's hard to understand what could be new -- statements perhaps made behind bars to other inmates, a jailhouse confession, something of that nature."

---AWESOME!!! THANKS LULU!!!!!!!!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well good...Sonofabee is already in jail...

DexterKitty Guest
    I don't think this guy did it.I followed the case pretty heavy. The death scene indicated that she had a secret liason planned. Her clothes were neatly placed, her walkman was laid on a rock,and they also found her lipstick at the scene. I think she planned to meet someone there,and something went horribly wrong. The scene was too organized to be a random attack. It was surmized that she was tied to a tree. By all accounts, she was kinda kinky so, that may have been part of the plan. I don't know who did it but, I don't believe it was a random attack.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I don't think this guy did it.I followed the case pretty heavy. The death scene indicated that she had a secret liason planned. Her clothes were neatly placed, her walkman was laid on a rock,and they also found her lipstick at the scene. I think she planned to meet someone there,and something went horribly wrong. The scene was too organized to be a random attack. It was surmized that she was tied to a tree. By all accounts, she was kinda kinky so, that may have been part of the plan. I don't know who did it but, I don't believe it was a random attack.
    According to this article, her clothes were turned inside out and scattered around the area.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ra/ch11_1.html

Seems like the police didn't do a good job of gathering all the evidence. The article notes the police dept didn't have enough money to fully investigate the crime scene, some officers had to pay for their own equipment to process evidence.

The media pressure to focus on Condit also kept them from following up a lot of important leads that could have resolved it sooner.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I hope this is the right place to post. Apparently they have a suspect ready to name in this case. I never thought Condit was responsible. Sleazy, maybe, but not a murderer. IF that is the case, then her parents, who really trashed the guy for years, owes him an apology.

I think so too, The minute people found out he was a malewhore they went after him. They put the guys name in the paper this AM and he is already in a DC prison.
    I think that when papers and TV are able to go after a person like Gary and ruin his life that they need to pay for it and pay for it big time. I would like to see them finally solve Jon Benette's case too . It is too late to tell her Mother sorry but they need to pay for what they did to that family too.
    When our children gt involved with married men it is not always the Married mens fault. Our daughters are old enough to say no to a married man. When you sleep with a married man you are as guilty as he is but the public goes after the man.
    I feel sorry for her family, it is hell to bury your child no matter how old they are. BUt it is tripple hell when you child is murdered and no one has been held responsible. I hope that this arrest puts some peace into her mom and dads life.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I always thought the scene was set up. It always looked to me like the guy had a gun and made her undress. I always thought that someone who knew about the afair set the thing up to make it look like GC had soimething to do with it and that they were meeting in the park.
    Why the hell would anyone meet in a park to have sex when her apt. was down the road aways. Too pat for me,especially when they were hiding the affair. Why the hell would they take a chance for getting busted in a park having sex? You are hiding an affair and worried about your career,so you go to a public park in the day time and have sex?? Naw..that stinks lol

Cadence71 Guest
    It's too bad she was skeletonized. I don't know how they will link someone to it without some kind of DNA evidence. I don't know much about this stuff, though. Her poor parents.

DexterKitty Guest
    I read somewhere that she was supposed to be returning GC's bike because, she was getting ready to leave town. It was speculated that they were to meet at the park so, she could return his bike. People have sex in public places all the time. It adds to the thrill of it. I'm just going by what I've heard ,and read on the case. I'm not convinced that GC was directly involved at all. They've been trying to force that guy to admit it for 9 years, he's been incarcerated the entire time. Why would it take them 9 years to put the pieces together enough to charge him??? His other victims weren't killed... so why did he kill Chandra??? It wasn't his MO to kill his victims. If her body was there the entire time.... why wasn't it noticed?? It was right along a well used a walking trail. People had to have passed by there. Why didn't they see or smell anything??? The smell of a rotting body would likely cause somebody to look to see what it was. I wonder if this guy was up for parole so, they decided to charge him with something to keep a sexual deviant with tendencies towards violence incarcerated. That way....they keep him in prison.... and close a case that has been in their face for 9 years. It may sound far fetched but it is a possibility.

Lita Guest
    Why would it take them 9 years to put the pieces together enough to charge him??? His other victims weren't killed... so why did he kill Chandra??? It wasn't his MO to kill his victims. If her body was there the entire time.... why wasn't it noticed?? It was right along a well used a walking trail. People had to have passed by there. Why didn't they see or smell anything??? The smell of a rotting body would likely cause somebody to look to see what it was. I wonder if this guy was up for parole so, they decided to charge him with something to keep a sexual deviant with tendencies towards violence incarcerated. That way....they keep him in prison.... and close a case that has been in their face for 9 years. It may sound far fetched but it is a possibility.
    Men who comit crimes of a sexual nature usually escalate their attacks. They get more violent until they kill somebody. To me, with the shallow depression in the ground when Chandra's remains were found, it sounds like she was buried. The grove where she was found was overgrown. I think that after she was buried for awhile (which would have masked the smell of decomp) that the ground erroded away and exposed her remains. It's likely then that animals scattered her bones. That's why they found her remains scattered in a 10 yard radius. I don't know what evidence they have against their suspect after all this time. I still do not take the word of a prison informant. Maybe they're just holding their cards close to their vests for the time being so that if they get a confession out of this guy, they can match up facts to prove he really did do it.

Disclaimer: The above statement is purely speculation on my part, except the first two sentences, and should be taken as speculation/opinion only and not fact. Thank you!

octobersky Guest
    Old article about Ingmar and his possible link to the murder.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/692716/posts

Interesting!

octobersky Guest
    Old info from the Enquirer from 2002:

In the current reporting the Enquirer's team says that Ingmar Guandique, a Salvadoran immigrant illegally in the country, confessed -- in his native Spanish -- to cell mate, that he stabbed Chandra Levy to death and that he was paid for it. Guandique is presently serving ten years for having attacked two different women, in Rock Creek Park in D.C., in the months following Chandra Levy's disappearance.
    Last edited by octobersky; 02-21-2009 at 11:41 AM.

DexterKitty Guest
    A good source for information on the case is the book "Murder on a Horse Trail" by Ralph Daugherty. It has a lot of little known facts in it. It kind of drags in some parts but, overall it's a good read.

TheMysterian Guest

Wow... that ended in a totally unexpected way. I really thought Condit did it. I'm glad they solved it though.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

DexterKitty Guest
    Lita.... she wasn't buried at all. Some of her remains were directly underneath a tree. They speculated that she had been tied to it when killed. Her skull had roll down an incline, and most of her bones had been scattered by animals feeding off of them. A week after the police finished their investigation of the crime scene, the Levy's PI found her left femur bone, and the police had to seal the crime scene, and start searching for more remains. IMO.... the police did a shoddy job investigating the case. If the police really searched that area, as good as they say they did, she would have been found. I hope the real murderer is caught. I don't think this guy did it though.