Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird/obscure TV shows you used to watch

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    OMG I had forgotten about the mannequin show. Weren't there rats and stuff too?

This is so sad but I loved this show. It brings me back to a time when my parents weren't divorced and my dad still lived with us. My dad & I used to watch this show together. **tear**

Let's see...there's Jeff (the mannequin), Jody, Mr Krenshaw, Muffy the Mouse and I think her name was Mrs Pennypacker or something like that.

Here's the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cxLfIs051c

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Nicksmorbidfascination Guest
    "Monkey"(magic) we had an evening ritual of watching that in our home, afterwards the kung fu moves would ensue, mum was never pleased, great show though.
    Astro Boy, the original version...loved it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg
    Monkey Magic opening into...for your viewing pleasure
    Last edited by Nicksmorbidfascination; 10-07-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Duet. I enjoyed it a lot.
    Sisters. Schmaltzy, but fun.
    The 9. I wanted to see how it ended.
    American Gothic
    There are tons more, but I can't think right now!

Also, my best guy friend and I used to race home from High School to watch "Today's Special". It took place at a real department store that actually features the plaque that was lost in an episode of the show. There is a pretty sizable fanbase for the show, and the actor who played Jeff is still active on the stage.

To this day, when I lock a door I say, "Well, that's all locked up tight, as it should be!" like Sam.

http://todays-special.schuminweb.com...s/simpsons.php
    A great fansite with the story of the plaque.
    Last edited by Mintgiver; 10-07-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Lancelot Link secret chimp
    Hollywood Mysteries & Scandals (Scott should host this show)
    Land of the Lost
    HR Pufnstuf
    Outer Limits
    Mystery Science Theatre 3000

HR Pufnstuff-omg, I thought I was the only one who watched it.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    One I never missed was SCTV. I think it even better than Saturday Night Live. John Candy, Eugene Levy, Andrea (I can't remember her last name) Martin Short. GREAT GREAT GREAT

Remember Morning Farm Film Report? "May the Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up REAL GOOD!"

Bump In The Night - It was claymation or something, LOL.
    Goosebumps
    Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    HR Pufnstuff-omg, I thought I was the only one who watched it.
    I still have my Pufnstuff Club Card...I am such a nerd

rickenbacker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    One I never missed was SCTV. I think it even better than Saturday Night Live. John Candy, Eugene Levy, Andrea (I can't remember her last name) Martin Short. GREAT GREAT GREAT

Remember Morning Farm Film Report? "May the Lord take a likin' to ya and blow ya up REAL GOOD!"
    Big Jim McBob and Billy Sol Hurok! "We didn't like this movie...nothin' blowed up!!".

My favorite was Gil Fisher, the Fishin' Musician. This pretty poor quality, but dammit, I loved the show, and I love The Tubes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFXdLY6Z-0

I used to get a kick out of Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater and Monster Vision. Both hosted by Joe Bob Briggs.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    There was a Saturday morning kids show I enjoyed in the early to mid 70's, but can't remember the name of. It was live action and involved a group of kids that had a double-decker bus for a clubhouse and there was a girl who always carried a stuffed tiger. It's possible the show was an import, but if anyone else remembers it and knows the title I'd really appreciate having my memory refreshed.
    That's easy, The Double Deckers. It was a British show that came on Sunday mornings for me.

http://www.thedoubledeckers.com/videos.htm
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    That's easy, The Double Deckers. It was a British show that came on Sunday mornings for me.

That was about a bunch of kids that used an old double decker bus for a club house, right?
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gorey Guest
    The Bugaboos, anything Sid and Marty Kroft, as a child you needed drugs to understand those shows. Chiller Theater, with host Chilly Billy Cardilly of NOTLD fame, the reporter in the movie. The show used to play ALL the old horror movies which is why I grew up with all the classics, Bela, Boris, Claude, everybody....

Thank you! I feel like such a dope that I couldn't figure it out on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    That was about a bunch of kids that used an old double decker bus for a club house, right?
    Hey John, what do you want from me? I was only five - forty years ago when this was on. I'm lucky I remember anything at all from that point in my life.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    I used to get a kick out of Joe Bob's Drive-In Theater and Monster Vision. Both hosted by Joe Bob Briggs.

I loved that show. I also liked 'Commander USA' and "Dance Party USA'

I *think* it was called Once & Again? Heather Matarazzo (sp? name??) was in it. Her dad died but he came back as someone else. I think it was only on for 1 season, really short lived, but I loved it.

lolomac Guest
    I loved Eerie,Indiana wish it had been on longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    Lancelot Link secret chimp
    Hollywood Mysteries & Scandals (Scott should host this show)
    Land of the Lost
    HR Pufnstuf
    Outer Limits
    Mystery Science Theatre 3000
    Omigod! I LOVE Mysteries & Scandals. If they put that out on DVD, I'd buy every single season of it!

As for obscure shows, I grew up in the 90s so there were tons of them in syndication that usually only lasted a season or two and I watched 'em all. I used to love a series called Dangerous Women. It was a low-budget soap opera about women in prison. The first episode is on YouTube and it's just as hilarious and craptastic as I remember it.

I also liked Boogie's Diner (which no one on Earth remembers), Catwalk (a Canadian version of The Heights featuring Neve Campbell), and a few others I can't remember. Geez...I miss those days when local affliates showed actual television shows on Saturday/Sunday afternoons.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Dixie Girl Guest
    "Wizards and Warriors," starring Duncan Regehr and Jeff Conway, and Julia Duffy of Newhart.*blushes*

The Popeye Club with Officer Don (whom my dad always swore was the first Ronald McDonald).

Six Million Dollar Man
    One Step Beyond
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    The Crow: Stairway to Heaven
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Amaya-chan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    Also, my best guy friend and I used to race home from High School to watch "Today's Special". It took place at a real department store that actually features the plaque that was lost in an episode of the show. There is a pretty sizable fanbase for the show, and the actor who played Jeff is still active on the stage.
    Here I thought I was the only person who remembered that show. O_O I used to watch it on PBS as a kid. I couldn't remember the name of it up until a few years ago, just the setting and characters.

Other obscure/strange stuff I watched:
    Zoobilee Zoo
    Small Wonder
    Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
    Land of the Lost (the 1990s remake)
    The Red Green Show
    Red Dwarf
    Hammerman (the MC Hammer cartoon. It was shit back then and yet I found myself watching it anyway)
    Voltron (what was really crazy about having seen this as a kid, was growing up and watching a clip from the Japanese version which shows people getting sliced to bits with scythes, including kids!)

james1977 Guest

The Redd Foxx Show- 1978-1979

Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post
    Remember "The Prisoner" starring Patrick McGoohan? Mind boggling British science fiction at its finest or weirdest!
    The Redd Foxx Show- The Redd Foxx Comedy Hour-1977 or 1978-1979
    Do any of you veteranos remember this awesome show.? I was only 9 but I remember it well.The 70's were so damn hip. And I had a quick wit and memory forever. Funky show,dirty skits. I loved the guy that said. "You can call me Al and You can call me Ray,so damn funny. Why did the fools at the network cancel this funky show only after about 11 episodes ? .I laughed so hard.Just hip and funny.Would love to see it on D.V.D.
    Last edited by james1977; 10-11-2009 at 12:57 AM.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lolomac View Post
    I loved Eerie,Indiana wish it had been on longer.
    They came back with another version and it just didn't look the same.
    and I also miss 'The adventure of Pete and Pete'

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    I watched:

Red Hand Gang (Saturday morning television)
    Sigmound and the Sea Monster
    Noah's Ark (70's show on Saturday morning)
    My Saturday morning was not complete unless I watched "Run, Joe, Run."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FM3Z2NEowo

When my son was little, we spent Friday nights watching Kablam!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcWGJIiJZk

And I used to watch "The Big Comfy Couch" with my daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJwS1mfj6j4

Fujicakes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    When my son was little, we spent Friday nights watching Kablam!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcWGJIiJZk
    Action League Now has their own show, and they play it on the Nicktoons channel. I remember Henry and June, Life with Loopy, and Prometheus and Bob. P&B, along with ALN, was my fave.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    The Redd Foxx Show- The Redd Foxx Comedy Hour-1977 or 1978-1979
    Do any of you veteranos remember this awesome show.? I was only 9 but I remember it well.The 70's were so damn hip. And I had a quick wit and memory forever. Funky show,dirty skits. I loved the guy that said. "You can call me Al and You can call me Ray,so damn funny. Why did the fools at the network cancel this funky show only after about 11 episodes ? .I laughed so hard.Just hip and funny.Would love to see it on D.V.D.
    I forgot about the "you can call me Al, and you can call me Ray" skits! Thanks for those memories! Redd Foxx was sooooo funny, I miss him and his humor.

pvezz Guest
    I loved "Briscoe County, Junior". Love Bruce Campbell.

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorey View Post
    The Bugaboos, anything Sid and Marty Kroft, as a child you needed drugs to understand those shows. Chiller Theater, with host Chilly Billy Cardilly of NOTLD fame, the reporter in the movie. The show used to play ALL the old horror movies which is why I grew up with all the classics, Bela, Boris, Claude, everybody....
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0065280/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWu13GyNSbg

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

Double Deckers - Bruce Clark Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ESw...eature=related

simon69 Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ACaN...eature=related

jaylene Guest
    This is gonna show my age but oh well, I lived in Hammond Indiana when I was little so we got Chicago stations and I would watch Ray Rayner in the mornings before school. He had a duck on the show named Chelveston and later in life I got a pet duck and named her that. Very happy memory for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    This is gonna show my age but oh well, I lived in Hammond Indiana when I was little so we got Chicago stations and I would watch Ray Rayner in the mornings before school. He had a duck on the show named Chelveston and later in life I got a pet duck and named her that. Very happy memory for me.
    How 'bout Frazier Thomas and Garfield Goose??

jaylene Guest
    OMG yes I watched them too. What about the woman that had the puppets? What was the name of that show? I think one of the puppets was Ollie?

RubySlippers Guest
    what about the show for preschoolers and at the end they look through a mirror to say goodbye to everyone?! i can't remember the name....

RubySlippers Guest
    ROMPER ROOM!!!!

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    ROMPER ROOM!!!!
    I watched that, too! During graduate school, our assignment was to watch a TV show intended for young adults and review it. I watched "Making the Band" on ABC and became addicted to it. Every Fri. night, I'd hunker down with dinner, do a double take behind me to make sure no one was watching (I live alone--lol) and indulge in pure cheezy drama! I didn't have cable so maybe that's my excuse?

dakotablue Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    How 'bout Frazier Thomas and Garfield Goose??

As someone who grew up in Chicago suburbs, this show was the only pay-off to the shorter days of fall/winter/early spring. My brother and I had to be in the house by dark instead of playing outside so we always watched Garfield Goose. The puppet part was boring to me except for the hound dog, and actually the cartoons were pretty lame (Clutch Cargo had these unbelievably weird mouth movements!), but around the holidays there was a freaky stop-motion thing called Hardrock, Cocoa and Joe that I just loved. I think they were Santa's elves or something.

jaylene Guest
    I didn't like the clutch cargo thing either. I mean what was the thing with the mouth? THAT bored me. I liked Hardrock, cocoa, and Joe too but my favorite was Suzie Snowflake. I can still remember the song.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    OMG yes I watched them too. What about the woman that had the puppets? What was the name of that show? I think one of the puppets was Ollie?
    Was that Kukla, Fran & Ollie??

How about Sherri Lewis & Lambchop??

hoxharding Guest
    Shelley Duvall's Fairy Tale show
    and Kukla,Fran and Ollie
    also (less obscure)
    'City Guys','USA High' and 'Hang Time'

There was a weird one about a young girl whose father was an alien. She spoke to him through this glowy thing. I almost want to say that the mom was Patty Duke or Donna Pascow? Maybe called "Out of this World?"

Ooh, and "Jennifer Slept Here", which I LOVED. Who knows why.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    There was a weird one about a young girl whose father was an alien. She spoke to him through this glowy thing. I almost want to say that the mom was Patty Duke or Donna Pascow? Maybe called "Out of this World?"

Ooh, and "Jennifer Slept Here", which I LOVED. Who knows why.

Is "Jennifer slept here" the show with Ann Julian and she played a ghost? A teenage boy lived in the house and she taught him how to talk to girls and stuff like that I think. Didn't last very long-but I will admit I think I saw every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The Popeye Club with Officer Don (whom my dad always swore was the first Ronald McDonald).

Six Million Dollar Man
    One Step Beyond
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    The Crow: Stairway to Heaven

There was a The Crow TV show?!?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

rickenbacker Guest
    Loved this show!

RubySlippers Guest
    Amazing Stories.

That's Incredible!