Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Wade Delle

motherogod Guest

Jeremy Wade Delle

Just watching 120 minutes on VH1 Classic, and they always play Pearl Jam's "Jeremy." It's always moved me-- that kid in the video is excellent! Anyway, I remember when Jeremy shot himself (he was in TX, I'm in OK) but that song has really... what is the word? Immortalized him? 'Taint likely, but I just can't come up with the word. Anyway, I saw Pearl Jam in Dallas in 1992 and they referred to Jeremy and RHS in the song intro. Of course everyone there claimed to have gone to RHS... either that or they were excited that Eddie mentioned Richardson. Anyway, here's an informative page about Jeremy and the song.

This is one reason I got into psychology and it still keeps me here. The song just captures so much pain the kid may have or may not have been in... we'll never really know.

http://www.sshep.com/jeremynew.htm

Note: Eddie Vedder is a death hag, too! See the interview...
    Last edited by motherogod; 10-21-2007 at 10:07 PM.

DannaMarie24 Guest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Just watching 120 minutes on VH1 Classic, and they always play Pearl Jam's "Jeremy." It's always moved me-- that kid in the video is excellent! Anyway, I remember when Jeremy shot himself (he was in TX, I'm in OK) but that song has really... what is the word? Immortalized him? 'Taint likely, but I just can't come up with the word. Anyway, I saw Pearl Jam in Dallas in 1992 and they referred to Jeremy and RHS in the song intro. Of course everyone there claimed to have gone to RHS... either that or they were excited that Eddie mentioned Richardson. Anyway, here's an informative page about Jeremy and the song.

This is one reason I got into psychology and it still keeps me here. The song just captures so much pain the kid may have or may not have been in... we'll never really know.

http://www.sshep.com/jeremynew.htm

Note: Eddie Vedder is a death hag, too! See the interview...

[SIZE=4]Wow thanks...I never knew it was a true story. [/SIZE]

RoRo Guest
    Very interesting...didn't know all this

GODDESS6 Guest
    very sad story, thanx for the link~

Jeremy Wade Delle

for those that don't know, this is the kid that shot himself in school in front of his class in richardson texas, also the inspiration for pearl jam's "jeremy". i read what i could find on him, but nothing i read actually says what his problems were or why he killed himself. anyone have any info?
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

and of course there's already a thread on him! sorry!

ScottyMonger Guest

thanks scotty! that site is where i first started, but i never read a "why".

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Because Daddy didn't give affection.

meryn Guest
    I went to Richardson High School, but I graduated several years before Jeremy Delle was there. I remember being shocked when I heard about him shooting himself. The teacher whose class he was in had taught for some time at the school, and was a really nice lady. Then Pearl Jam came out with the song. It was eerie. Can't imagine having been in that classroom...

my long lost older brother went to richardson high school as well, haven't seen him in years. i really didn't know the story behind "jeremy" until today. i'm so out of the loop. it's a sad story, but i wish i knew more.

Lisamarie Guest
    They had a kid who did that here...one shot himself behind the school..no one knows why..and the other waited in the driveway to his school and blew his brains out in front of everyone. Whats up with that?

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    They had a kid who did that here...one shot himself behind the school..no one knows why..and the other waited in the driveway to his school and blew his brains out in front of everyone. Whats up with that?
    When I was in Jr High there was a guy in the grade below me that blew his brains out in front of one of the busiest hotels in town. I didn't know him, but it freaked a lot of people out..

marimbagirl Guest
    I never really understood that. Going to school to kill yourself. We had a guy do that at my high school the year before I graduated. He hung himself from a tree on the campus nature trail. I've never been able to understand why he did it in such a public place.

these are great questions, not only why these kids killed themselves in the first place, but why they chose to do it in a public place?

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojessicaxoxo View Post
    these are great questions, not only why these kids killed themselves in the first place, but why they chose to do it in a public place?
    [SIZE=3]I wonder if they feel like they've been so invisible and so ignored that it's like saying: "You have to notice me now!!" I'm torn on the subject..... I think it is sad, of course, but also selfish....... my aunt killed herself and my other aunt (her sister) found her. My living aunt has to deal with that for the rest of her life and it has really screwed with her.[/SIZE]

Lisamarie Guest
    I have never understood the whole doing in front of others as well..or at school ! I hated friggin school! I be scared I would have to stay there forever!!!

cherryghost Guest
    To do it in front of others seems like an act of anger and aggression!

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    [SIZE=3]I wonder if they feel like they've been so invisible and so ignored that it's like saying: "You have to notice me now!!" [/SIZE]
    that would be my guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kathyf Guest
    terrible

Gardner32 Guest
    Geez, at least when I was growing up, people had the decency to shoot themselves at home!

Jersey Girl Guest
    I'd be freaked out too if I saw a kid blow his brains out. So sad.
    Hell, I didn't even like watching kids battle it out in a fist fight after school. Remember those days? So and so would call so and so "out," the buzz would go all around school.. everyone would gather after school to watch the brawl. Then, a teacher would come out and break it up and that would be the end of it.

annannanna Guest
    the death of young people is, and will always be haunting and compeling. I remember seeing the video on MTV

KristinEileen Guest
    I didn't know that was based on a true story! When my sister was in eighth grade her friend, who was a year younger, committed suicide by hanging himself in his parents basement. This song always stuck with her and maybe Pedro's death was part of it. I don't know if she knew the story behind Jeremy but I am going to ask her.
    Last edited by KristinEileen; 03-26-2008 at 09:10 AM. Reason: missed a letter

I remember the song very well, it was the first album I ever owned that had the 'f' word in it. Thanks for posting the real story behind it!

Bee1001 Guest
    Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I've been reading up on this one.

The website someone posted with information about Jeremy has a comments section. People who knew or went to school have written in about Jeremy. To answer the question above, someone posted this:

"Hi. My name is Doug and I was looking at your website about Jeremy Delle. I was in the classroom the day Jeremy killed himself. I was in the 1st chair of the 2nd row, so I was close to him when it happened. If you want to talk about it, write me back and let me know.
    I still live in the Dallas area. Thanks.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT BY DOUG: Jeremy was actually standing in front of a bookshelf that was located next to the blackboard. After he killed himself, he was slumped up against that bookshelf with his eyes open, looking very serene and peaceful. I think there may have been someone coming in the classroom after him, but there was no one directly behind him.
    That year I was Mrs. Barnett's student aide. So during 5th period I was tasked with grading her quizes/tests and doing other clerical work for her. I bring this up because one week (before the suicide) I was grading vocabulary tests and came across Jeremy's. He hadn't answered most of the questions on the test and had written a note to Mrs. Barnett apologizing for his not performing well on the quiz. After his death, I dwelled on that note. I thought that, although I never knew him personally, the note really illustrated the kind of heart that Jeremy must of had. I still believe to this day that our 2nd period English class was a place that he felt comfortable and, hence, was why he chose to end his life there."

I'm one of those people that hears a song or sees a movie and learns the true story behind it. Jeremy really struck a cord with me.

Also, I found on youtube some guy saying he talks to Jeremy through EVPs. Here's a video that shows the EVPs, Jeremy's grave, and the school he shot himself at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNMu19uHko

Armcast Guest
    great info...thanks...looking at the vid now..

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thanks, I hadn't heard those things. Interesting about him feeling comfortable in that class.

Never apologize for adding something new to an old thread! We love it!

Armcast Guest
    If the EVP's are credible, you can hear an audible "yeah" in response to being asked if he's at the cemetery...eerie!

trishsixxm Guest
    I always wanted to know the Story of the song behind Jeremy. Thanks for whoever started this tread. Its so sad that nobody could be bothered with this poor kid.

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    If the EVP's are credible, you can hear an audible "yeah" in response to being asked if he's at the cemetery...eerie!

I know, it's like you can hear his texan accent along with it.

Bee1001 Guest
    Just wanted to add quickly, the uncensored Jeremy video. It was added a year ago, but I just saw it for the first time a couple days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCS_-DshXek

lab_rat Guest
    my long lost older brother went to richardson high school as well, haven't seen him in years. i really didn't know the story behind "jeremy" until today. i'm so out of the loop. it's a sad story, but i wish i knew more.
    I didn't know about until now!!

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1001 View Post

The website someone posted with information about Jeremy has a comments section. People who knew or went to school have written in about Jeremy. To answer the question above, someone posted this:

"Hi. My name is Doug and I was looking at your website about Jeremy Delle. I was in the classroom the day Jeremy killed himself. I was in the 1st chair of the 2nd row, so I was close to him when it happened. If you want to talk about it, write me back and let me know.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT BY DOUG: Jeremy was actually standing in front of a bookshelf that was located next to the blackboard. After he killed himself, he was slumped up against that bookshelf with his eyes open, looking very serene and peaceful. I think there may have been someone coming in the classroom after him, but there was no one directly behind him.
    That year I was Mrs. Barnett's student aide. So during 5th period I was tasked with grading her quizes/tests and doing other clerical work for her. I bring this up because one week (before the suicide) I was grading vocabulary tests and came across Jeremy's. He hadn't answered most of the questions on the test and had written a note to Mrs. Barnett apologizing for his not performing well on the quiz. After his death, I dwelled on that note. I thought that, although I never knew him personally, the note really illustrated the kind of heart that Jeremy must of had. I still believe to this day that our 2nd period English class was a place that he felt comfortable and, hence, was why he chose to end his life there."

I'm one of those people that hears a song or sees a movie and learns the true story behind it. Jeremy really struck a cord with me.

Also, I found on youtube some guy saying he talks to Jeremy through EVPs. Here's a video that shows the EVPs, Jeremy's grave, and the school he shot himself at:

That's really sad.

Bee1001 Guest
    I think Jeremy should have been sent to a more private school or a school for kids with special needs. There's an interview on that site with someone who worked at the school and knew Jeremy (that site is amazing, by the way. That guy really did his homework) and said that upon coming to that school, Jeremy was in a mental health facility.

Then for the months Jeremy was at Richardson, they stuck him in ISS, which is like isolation from everyone else. So he had no contact with anyone, except for a couple people in ISS with him. I've read that he was a sweet kid with friends, so I don't think it was the fact that he got picked on a lot, just that he had a rough family life and had some mental health issues. Maybe if someone had tried to help him instead of punishing him with isolation, he wouldn't have felt the need to kill himself.

xenaswolf Guest
    Ok so did his suicide note ever become public? The kid he gave it too supposedly read it. Anyone know who he was? I wanna know what it said.

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Ok so did his suicide note ever become public? The kid he gave it too supposedly read it. Anyone know who he was? I wanna know what it said.

He gave it to a girl named Lisa Moore in his ISS class before he shot himself. Lisa turned it in to the principal and unfortunately, it never became public. I'd like to read it too.

xenaswolf Guest
    He gave it to a girl named Lisa Moore in his ISS class before he shot himself. Lisa turned it in to the principal and unfortunately, it never became public. I'd like to read it too.
    Hmm, I read he gave it to a guy that sat in front of him that he never talked too and that he didn't read it for 37 minutes. I'll see if I can find the link to that.

Hmm I wonder, did the school get sued for isolating him for so long? And isn't putting him in ISS for that long discrimination against mental status or some shit?

Here is a link to the story I read:
    argville.com/2005/12/epiphany-too-late.html
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 10-10-2008 at 09:01 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I am amazed no one's come out with it after all this time.

Bee1001 Guest
    Hmm, I read he gave it to a guy that sat in front of him that he never talked too and that he didn't read it for 37 minutes. I'll see if I can find the link to that.

Okie doke. I read what I recalled on http://www.ssheps.com/jeremynew.htm

"On the actual day Jeremy took his life, he went to the office and got a pass to get back into school. He immediately went out to the commons area and made a phone call. I saw Jeremy on the phone after getting his pass. He should have been in In School Suspension (ISS). He was supposed to stay in ISS for the rest of the semester, for either the threats, the contents of his locker, or both. I went over to him and said, "Jeremy, you have really been doing well, let’s not start the year off wrong. Head up to ISS and get in class." He was so sweet, he was really, really happy for some reason. I felt like I could approach him that day, although there were days when I didn't feel like I could approach him. Jeremy reached up and hugged me, which was very unusual. I thought I would talk to him later if I could. I meant to talk to the ISS supervisors and let them know Jeremy had hugged me. I went on to the teachers lounge and left Jeremy. He went to ISS and gave a note to Lisa. A little while later a student named Eris came into the office with an emergency pass. He was not in her room but was passing by and heard the gunshot. He looked into the room and Mrs. Barnett was frozen. The student ran to the desk, got the emergency pass, lined up the students and Mrs. Barnett, and took them to the auditorium. He took control of the situation and brought the emergency pass to the office of Jerry Bishop, the principal. . Mr. Bishop came running out and said “I need the nurse and all principals to come with me.” There was another principal’s office on the way and they stopped and got him too. Mrs. Barnett was still in her room, frozen. Mr. Bishop became hysterical, screaming to the nurse "you can't let him die.""

Taken from the interview with the employee from Richardson High that supposedly knew Jeremy.

Bee1001 Guest
    Hmm I wonder, did the school get sued for isolating him for so long? And isn't putting him in ISS for that long discrimination against mental status or some shit?

I'm not sure. You think they would, something like that can't be accepted. Especially if it ends up with a suicide.

RaRaRamona Guest
    How horrible. That student was very mature to be able to do such a thing.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I was in ISS a few times in jr high. Mine were for tardies & demerits but there were some pretty bad kids in there. Poor guy.

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I was in ISS a few times in jr high. Mine were for tardies & demerits but there were some pretty bad kids in there. Poor guy.

Apparently they found things to sacrifice animals in Jeremy's locker or something that helped put him in ISS. He made some threats against a couple teachers, too. Including the one he shot himself infront of.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Apparently they found things to sacrifice animals in Jeremy's locker or something that helped put him in ISS. He made some threats against a couple teachers, too. Including the one he shot himself infront of.
    Yikes! I thought you said he didn't do anything to be there, they were just separating him. Wow that's pretty disturbing.

Bee1001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yikes! I thought you said he didn't do anything to be there, they were just separating him. Wow that's pretty disturbing.

I don't know. Some things on that shep site are confusing. One part says he went in there directly because he was in a mental hospital beforehand, and another part says the things found in the locker, the threats, and him caught smoking behind the school contributed.

Or maybe he was put in there immediately, and everything else kept him in there?

xenaswolf Guest
    Hmm I wondered what was in his locker. I figured drugs.

Bee1001 Guest
    Hmm I wondered what was in his locker. I figured drugs.

You'd think so. I'm trying to figure out why he'd have something to sacrifice animals with in there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

dontmesswithtexasmom Guest

Talking