Thread: David Graf

rjbrasher Guest

David Graf

You remember those famous Police academy films, He played Sgt. Eugene Tackleberry. My fave episode was episode 4 i believe, citizens on patrol.

I remember him, dh has the entire series and I think he was one of his favorites. I was shocked a few yrs ago when I heard he died.

DannaMarie24 Guest

Didn't he....

[SIZE=4]Didn't he die either at a friends wedding or on the way to the wedding.....[/SIZE]

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    I remember him, dh has the entire series and I think he was one of his favorites. I was shocked a few yrs ago when I heard he died.
    Yea same here, I heard they are making a PA 8. They are going through some legal thing now, but all the original cast members but David Graf will be returning in this movie. If it does come out its going straight to dvd. I thought he was a great character.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DannaMarie24 View Post
    [SIZE=4]Didn't he die either at a friends wedding or on the way to the wedding.....[/SIZE]
    yea at a family wedding.

Paul David Graf (April 16, 1950 â?? April 7, 2001) was an American actor, best known for his role as Sgt. Eugene Tackleberry in the Police Academy series of films. He was married Kathryn Graf in 1983.
    He died of a heart attack at a family wedding in Phoenix, Arizona on April 7, 2001, nine days before his 51st birthday. His father and great grandfather also died of sudden heart attacks at the age of 51. He was survived by his wife of 17 years, and his two sons - Daniel and John.

hoxharding Guest

He is Dead?

WHAT?
    He died? I didn't know=(
    He was on a few episodes of the game show 25,000 Pyramid(or whatever money it was)
    David was the best player I had EVER seen on it. Seemed like a class-act also.
    He was so good, everytime I saw him on it-I stood in front of the tv and gave him a standing ovation.
    I loved him as an actor also.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Didnt he play a man who died of a heart attack in some TV show not long before he passed? Life immitating art?

His grave is about an hour from where I live now. The next time I go home to visit my parents I'll get some updated pitures and post them.

Kathyf Guest
    I did not even realize he died. What a strange occurence to have his dad and Grandpa die at the same age.

hoxharding Guest
    I wrote it and I will write it again. He was not only a talented actor,he was also a champion at playing Pyramid.
    Never before had I ever witnessed a player be able to convey the secret word in so few gestures and hints. Every player he was with just knew what the words were because of his communication skills. He was also able to quickly grasp the hints when he was on the other side of the table.

David Graf was also in the Brady Bunch movie playing Sam, Alice's boyfriend.
    He was quite funny.

Guest Guest
    wow I didn't know he died either...I thought he was very funny in the Brady Bunch movie..thats sad

RoRo Guest
    I didn't know he died!

He was awesome as Tackleberry, he made that series for me.

b57hrle Guest
    I was sad to hear of his passing... He cracked me up!

simon69 Guest

Pyramid Game Show Bonus Round #17 -- David Graf ($100,000 Pyramid)

simon69 Guest

$100,000 Pyramid - Patty Duke and David Graf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kycKgYnC8MM > This one is so poignant.

Guest Guest
    Funny guy - should have stuck around longer.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    He was funny in the Police Academy movies. Too young to die.

slw Guest
    Police Academy 3 was on yesterday.

He also played a Secret Service Agent in Guarding Tess. It was a smaller role but he was very good.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    That is one movie I haven't seen..Guarding Tess. Nick Cage and Shirley MacLaine right?

Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    That is one movie I haven't seen..Guarding Tess. Nick Cage and Shirley MacLaine right?
    Yes! I love it. I have seen it probably 10 times.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Will def. give it a watch next time it's on. Thanks Karma

Alexandra Guest
    I loved Tackleberry!

My favorite scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJdmnMtpAwI

RaRaRamona Guest
    Was #4 the skater one?

I didn't know he dead. I wonder if he was nervous, being th esame age as his dad & grandad when they dies.

cachluv Guest

Geez what a loss! I was wondering what had happened to him...

Rosebud666 Guest
    David Graf was an alumnus of Otterbein College (now Otterbein University) where I majored in acting for a while.

I never got the chance to meet him, but some of my teachers still remembered him, and by all accounts he was pleasant and well-liked. He said something in an interview with the college magazine to the effect that the Police Academy franchise maybe wasn't great art, but it sure paid the rent for a long time.

If I recall correctly, his father also died young of a heart attack while David was in college. Reportedly, that was a really hard blow for him and it took him a lot of time and energy to recover.

BTW: another famous Otterbein alumnus - Gordon Jump. Yes, WKRP's Mr. Carlson!
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 06-20-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Or Dudley's attempted molester, depending on your age I guess. lol blzbub and I discussed this in a thread in Entertainment.

As far as David Graf. I had such a crush on him in the Police Academy movies. I was a kid at the time but there was just something I liked about him.

deathhaghun Guest
    I loved him in the Police Acadamy Movies. I only found out he died when there was a memoriam at the Screen Actors Guild in 2001.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    This is spooky.

Last night - I saw him on something.....can't remember what - maybe Diagnosis Murder, maybe. I kept wracking my brain as to which show I know him from and it turned out he played a cop in an episode of Seinfeld - one of the Crazy Joe Davola episodes - how a muffin can be quite filling and all that.

Now I see this.....funny how things like this work.

Anyway I enjoyed his work....much too young to die. RIP.

I thought he had the heart attack at a location in Phoenix but was taken to a hospital in Scottsdale and pronounced dead there.