Thread: Kevin Smith

JGrier Guest

Kevin Smith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith_%28actor%29

Played Aries, God of War, on Hercules and Xena.

RoRo Guest
    I was so sad to hear of his death...such a horrible accident. I also thought he was very good looking!

Zeenie Guest
    He was a gorgeous man, and I loved him as Ares on Xena. Very sad how he died.

xenaswolf Guest
    The Xenaverse lost a great part of it when he died. He was always the guy I loved to Hate...RIP Kevin!

beandip Guest
    Don't scare me like that! I thought you meant the director.

StricklandFOREVER Guest
    I thought you meant the director too! I was scared shit-less!!!.....I love Director Kevin Smith...he's a fav of mine.

I figured this was put up as a goof, Kevin Smiths (the director) Career. Never heard of this guy... that sucks I guess, next time use the door.

Shes Not There Guest
    Wow, I was not aware of his death...he was awesome on Xena, how tragic.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrier View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Smith_%28actor%29

Played Aries, God of War, on Hercules and Xena.
    Whoa I almost had a heart attack I thought you meant Kevin Smith (Silent Bob)

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beandip View Post
    Don't scare me like that! I thought you meant the director.
    Me too I almost fainted over that.
    Kim

Snoopy Guest
    I thoght it was the Director too I was about to be majorly bummed! LOL

SinKittyVixen Guest
    This was sooo sad!!! I loved him as Ares.

xenaswolf Guest

A good looking guy, great actor and from what I hear a very nice man.

I kinda thought " No more Jay and Silent Bob" Well this could apply to his career.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 02-19-2008 at 08:17 PM.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post

A good looking guy, great actor and from what I hear a very nice man.
    I loved him as Aries, So damn handsome.

Such a shame.

Ilmatar Guest
    Why did he have to go climb the prop towers in the first place? I'll never get that bored waiting for a ride...

What the hell is wrong with reading or even taking a quick nap if you've got too much time on your hands? Or, if you must peruse the set, use the freaking FLOOR to walk on.

And oh, by the way, I too thought it was the other Kevin Smith. Pretty sad considering the dead one, so few of us knew of him.

Old hat I know but dumbass can be fatal. And like everyone else I thought it was Silent Bob, glad it wasn't. His new book "My Boring Ass Life" is funny.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

SueWahoo Guest
    I was lucky enough to meet Kevin a few months before he passed away. It was a Creation Con in Dearborn, MI. He was incredibly funny, open, and chatty. He was nursing a cold beer when I met up with him but due to a screw up on the part of Creation, I wasn't given the proper ticket for an autograph. When the 'helper' gave me attitude, I ripped her back. I turned to look at Kevin and he was looking at me with his eyebrows up and a HUGE grin on his face. He said, I don't think I'm gonna mess with you! That broke the ice and we had a nice little chat.

Later on, he was on-stage with his partner-in-crime, Hudson Leick (Callisto). She was in a golden belly dancing costume. He promptly took his clothes off and they traded clothes so that she was in his baggy cargo pants and T-shirt and he was in her belly dancing costume. Those two on stage was a recipe for a total riot. It was pretty awesome. It was a month or two after 9/11 so they both did a lot of fundraising at the show. The auction raised thousands of dollars and, in a moment of unscripted nuttiness, Hudson and Kevin (still in each other's clothing) decided to allow audience members to come on-stage and stuff their costumes with money for the 9/11 charities. Pandemonium! It was great.

man he was soooo sexy as aries. loved him!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    I was lucky enough to meet Kevin a few months before he passed away. It was a Creation Con in Dearborn, MI. He was incredibly funny, open, and chatty. He was nursing a cold beer when I met up with him but due to a screw up on the part of Creation, I wasn't given the proper ticket for an autograph. When the 'helper' gave me attitude, I ripped her back. I turned to look at Kevin and he was looking at me with his eyebrows up and a HUGE grin on his face. He said, I don't think I'm gonna mess with you! That broke the ice and we had a nice little chat.

Later on, he was on-stage with his partner-in-crime, Hudson Leick (Callisto). She was in a golden belly dancing costume. He promptly took his clothes off and they traded clothes so that she was in his baggy cargo pants and T-shirt and he was in her belly dancing costume. Those two on stage was a recipe for a total riot. It was pretty awesome. It was a month or two after 9/11 so they both did a lot of fundraising at the show. The auction raised thousands of dollars and, in a moment of unscripted nuttiness, Hudson and Kevin (still in each other's clothing) decided to allow audience members to come on-stage and stuff their costumes with money for the 9/11 charities. Pandemonium! It was great.
    What a memory to have! I'm jealous LOL

great story! lucky you!

I always like him- thought he was hot.

BUT.. I have to confess that I have a perverse fondness for Joxer.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

i have a perverse fondness for xena. what the hell was going on with her? she has some sort of angelina jolie type spell casted on me! she looked amazing on that singing celebrity show too.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

You're right, it is perverse

xenaswolf Guest
    See, as much as I like Lucy Lawless the actress, it wasn't her that got my motor running. It was XENA...6ft tall, raven black hair, blue eyes, leather, attitude, tough as hell...ok ok gotta stop now.....must control myself!

And Ephiny? Oh puleeeeeeze, man that would be a sammich to be a part of!

I, too thought, NOT SILENT BOB!

I remember seeing him on Xena and Hercules and liked his work.

Sad and senseless loss.

KarmaKat Guest
    It is so nice to know that people outside of New Zealand remember Kevin. He was a great talent and such a shame for our little country to loose him

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    It is so nice to know that people outside of New Zealand remember Kevin. He was a great talent and such a shame for our little country to loose him
    Karma, were you anywhere near where they did any of the filming? The reason I ask is that I want a jar of dirt from where Xena walked so bad I'd almost sell my soul LOL

KarmaKat Guest
    Karma, were you anywhere near where they did any of the filming? The reason I ask is that I want a jar of dirt from where Xena walked so bad I'd almost sell my soul LOL
    They filmed the show in a lot of different locations, so I will see how close I am and see what I can do for you. Am I able to post dirt?

SueWahoo Guest
    /me hears a cuckoo clock in the background Have you ever bought any of the Xena trading cards? I've got tons of autographs out of them. One of the coolest was a clothing card. It has a bit of cloth taken from Callisto's costume during The Bitter Suite and Hudson's autograph. I have Lucy and Renee's autograph on one card. I have a clothing card with a bit of Aphrodite's clothing and then a dual clothing card with two pieces of cloth taken from a long leather coat that Gabrielle wore later on in the series. I've met almost everyone from the series except for Lucy and Renee (wasn't willing to fly to CA) and a few others but I have most of the cast's autographs. Hmmmm I seem to hear a cuckoo clock in the background as I type this

And if you can turn up anything that she actually sat on...well I'm with Xenaswolf.

xenaswolf Guest
    /me hears a cuckoo clock in the background Have you ever bought any of the Xena trading cards? I've got tons of autographs out of them. One of the coolest was a clothing card. It has a bit of cloth taken from Callisto's costume during The Bitter Suite and Hudson's autograph. I have Lucy and Renee's autograph on one card. I have a clothing card with a bit of Aphrodite's clothing and then a dual clothing card with two pieces of cloth taken from a long leather coat that Gabrielle wore later on in the series. I've met almost everyone from the series except for Lucy and Renee (wasn't willing to fly to CA) and a few others but I have most of the cast's autographs. Hmmmm I seem to hear a cuckoo clock in the background as I type this

LOL you should see what I'd do for someone I REALLY idolize

Karma I'm not sure if you could post dirt or not to be honest. I'm sure there is some law or another about it. LOL

spix14 Guest
    Oh, good lord. I'm new here and I saw this and immedietly thought of Kevin Smith the director, and just about had a stroke.

That's sad though. I remember watching Hercules and Xena religiously when I was younger.