Page 1 of 22 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: The Columbine Tragedy

cachluv Guest

The Columbine Tragedy

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Death/Columbine.html

I've pasted a link to the filmed footage of much of hte Columbine shootings. Also, candid photos of the two shooter kids lying dead after their own deaths.

I know the issue at hand is serious and am not making light of the fact that anyone innocent died, let alone children. If you are easily offended do not click on the link.

RoRo Guest
    Personally, I've seen the killers pics and that's all I want to see...I saw enough of this tragedy on the news, but thanks for giving the link for those who wanna see it

couple of spoiled brats... what a waste of life.

thanks for the link

Darrianne Guest
    A waste all the way around. Hard to imagine how this happens and the parents or anyone else never had a clue.......not that I am blaming the parents! I think many people did have a clue - they just never thought it would go this far.

Andrea Guest
    Those two supposedly bragged in their "basement tapes" videos about how they used their friends, etc., and how easy it was to hide things from their parents. If you read the accounts about how they went about the library killings, it is quite disturbing, chilling, and well........just plain evil.
    The kids in the library were hiding under the tables and Eric Harris slapped the top of one of the tables twice and knelt down and said "peek-a-boo!" and then blasted away.

Andrea

I seem to recall the police had search warrants for the lads houses due to the suspicions but the warrants weren't executed.

Michael Moore's documentary Bowling for Columbine touched on this incident. Good film, if you like Michael Moore
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

RubySlippers Guest
    I lived (still live) in Colorado when this happened, and i have mixed feelings. There are several things that bother me about HOW these boys were able access the school including the fact the campus is SO open they were able to plant several large propane tanks over a several day period.

I actually know someone who was related to one of those boys and despite who says whose fault it was and the parents shoulda known and the school and police didn't do enough...blah, blah, blah. What it comes down to is Harris and Klebold. ALONE. Survior guilt touches so many people not just the actual victims.My hearts go out to EVERYONE that was involved.

The two things that stick out in my mind the most is a.) those boys became IMMORTAL because of thier actions. Just what they wanted. They live on, because we allow it. And b.) schools with wide open campuses have not learned anything from the events at Columbine. There are still children dying, being held hostage by not only other children...but ADULTS. Adults that are gaining access to schools. Easily.

Tragic...

Lisamarie Guest
    yeah well they can rot now. What a watse of space ...my life has been hard too many people made fun of me growing up..but I didint go killing everyone. Thay are where they belong , and the parents should have known something. Talk about turning a blind eye.

the book "No Easy Answers" is a really good source for the whole columbine story. and it was written by Brooks Brown who had been friends with Harris years before the whole thing happened, and he was the one that the boys told to "just leave" when they were entering the school.

http://www.amazon.com/No-Easy-Answer...3109967&sr=1-3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i think that this is a clear case of parental negligance (sp) i just dont see how the parents had no clue of what their children were doing. i had read somewhere that they tested bombs in the garage, the parents didnt find it strange that their children are messing with explosives, or came home and smelled anything, i also read they had guns displayed on their dressers. i just dont know how it could happen, maybe it was how i was raised, but my mother / parents knew about 89 - 98 & of the things i was doing! it just amazes me..

tensecondstolove Guest
    This may seem wrong, but I TOTALLY blame the parents. If your parents raise you right, shit like this doesn't happen. Does anyone know, was there ever any kind of lawsuit against the parents of the boys?

tensecondstolove Guest
    ^Oh by the way I forgot to add, I obviously blame Eric and Dylan too, but those parents should take responsibility as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post
    i think that this is a clear case of parental negligance (sp) i just dont see how the parents had no clue of what their children were doing. i had read somewhere that they tested bombs in the garage, the parents didnt find it strange that their children are messing with explosives, or came home and smelled anything, i also read they had guns displayed on their dressers. i just dont know how it could happen, maybe it was how i was raised, but my mother / parents knew about 89 - 98 & of the things i was doing! it just amazes me..
    I agree somewhat San Diego..but lean towards parental denial. I'm sure the parents knew some of what their kids were doing, but probably told themselves it wasn't that serious..until of course it was too late.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    true, but the fact still stands that they neglected to do anything, the failure to act upon their thoughts is irresponsible as a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post
    true, but the fact still stands that they neglected to do anything, the failure to act upon their thoughts is irresponsible as a parent.
    Right you are. Imagine the guilt they must feel. The whole situation was just sad. When I was a kid..many moons ago....my parents instilled fear in me. I knew that if I screwed up that I would have hell to pay..too bad most kids nowdays don't have that fear, maybe things would be different.

deathybrad Guest
    Personally I think these were two kids who were not beaten enough.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Its impossible to know what might have prevented this carnage. Some folks are blessed with very diligent parents, some not....the end results are tragic all around. There's more than enough blame....but finger pointing won't bring back anyone.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    Right you are. Imagine the guilt they must feel. The whole situation was just sad. When I was a kid..many moons ago....my parents instilled fear in me. I knew that if I screwed up that I would have hell to pay..too bad most kids nowdays don't have that fear, maybe things would be different.
    i know! i could not live with myself, knowing i could have prevented it in some way, its very sad.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Personally I think these were two kids who were not beaten enough.
    I AGREE! kids need to be disciplined a good ass whoopin will turn them in te right direction!

Coming from a household where at that age I couldn't have sneaked into my room a pint of alcohol, a joint or a playboy magazine without one of my parent's knowledge, I can't help but hold their parents somewhat responsible.

What a shame...the innocents that were killed, I mean. I LOVE Michael Moore..Sicko was VERY disturbing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    Here's actual footage of the rampage. Warning you can see them commit suicide in the background....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n9O9vgkYpQ
    Last edited by Cubican; 11-01-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Here's actual footage of the film Zero Hour which depicts the Coumbine Massacre. Warning you can see them commit suicide in the background....

Fixed.

Not actual footage. From the movie about Columbine, I believe "Zero Day?"

Quote Originally Posted by chirock View Post
    Really? why would they purposely get the date wrong and have the murders wack themselves in the wrong room?
    Who ever was suppose to be checking continuity should have been fired.

I didn't know this was fake at first, had me shaking for these kids... what a horrible tragedy!
    Thanks for the link Cubican

susalu Guest
    First clue... the video tape says May 1, 2001.... the shootings happened April 20, 1999...

It is still chilling though! Susan

djdeath-hag Guest
    I think it is a hoax, not just because of the date being 2+ yrs later than Columbine but the shooters look nothing like Klebold & Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I think it is a hoax, not just because of the date being 2+ yrs later than Columbine but the shooters look nothing like Klebold & Harris.
    and they killed themselves in the library with their guns (I keep thinking of CLUE the game when I say that)

Sorry I didn't put more specifics in my post. The link above was from a documentary called "Zero Day." It was NOT the actual video tape.

As for your questions, Jason, I cannot answer that. I'm only posting what I found.

Sorry I didn't put more specifics in my post. The link above was from a documentary called "Zero Day." It was NOT the actual video tape.

As for your questions, Jason, I cannot answer that. I'm only posting what I found.
    Gotcha... hey btw, did you put "DIE" instead of "Cry" (in your signature) on purpose?

figure you did being a death hag... if so, pretty clever.

LOL... was wondering if anyone else would get that!

yeah I love that line (favorite one in that song)... at first I was like, man that's a pretty bad mistake... but then I realized I am in a DEATH Forum. Anyway, I like it... A++

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Coming from a household where at that age I couldn't have sneaked into my room a pint of alcohol, a joint or a playboy magazine without one of my parent's knowledge, I can't help but hold their parents somewhat responsible.
    Did we grow up in the same house?

So question - what did become of the parents? If it was my kid who did that, I would change my name and move out of the country. But then again some people have no shame and just show up on Jerry Springer then next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Did we grow up in the same house?

So question - what did become of the parents? If it was my kid who did that, I would change my name and move out of the country. But then again some people have no shame and just show up on Jerry Springer then next week.
    Also... most parents will defend their children no matter what. I would like to know what happened as well, I think I remember them apologizing and trying to figure out why it all happened... but after that, no clue.

Honest to God, seems to be a pattern. I remember hearing Laurie Dann's father, I think, after she went on that spree up on the North Shore of Chicago, killing a kindergartner. Said they "tried to help her..." blah, blah, blah.

No one wants to take the blame/credit anymore. Just ignore it, it will go away.

Honest to God, seems to be a pattern. I remember hearing Laurie Dann's father, I think, after she went on that spree up on the North Shore of Chicago, killing a kindergartner. Said they "tried to help her..." blah, blah, blah.

No one wants to take the blame/credit anymore. Just ignore it, it will go away.
    wOrd UP

deathhagcutie Guest
    dont pick on people,..it does not justify murder..but it could have been one of the causes..popular kids being dicks to the "dorks" or "weirdos" ..maybe if they didn't feel so hated than they would not have gone to such extremes or maybe it would have not happend at all..

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhagcutie View Post
    dont pick on people,..it does not justify murder..but it could have been one of the causes..popular kids being dicks to the "dorks" or "weirdos" ..maybe if they didn't feel so hated than they would not have gone to such extremes or maybe it would have not happend at all..
    can't disagree with you more... to me that is blaming the victims... and frequently the kids that got killed are not the so-called bullies... i think people just want to make excuses for these sick kids and the easiest thing is to play the "bully" card.... and the teachers, are they bullies too? i don't buy it... sorry! Susan

Lobsters Guest
    I don't buy that "they were picked on" line either. WTF?? Who isn't picked on growing up?

I wholeheartedly agree that the parents turned a blind eye when it was quite obvious these kids were SICK and needed some help.

I mean, for pete's sake Eric Harris' father called 911 while the shooting was going on and said he thought his son might be involved. He KNEW and did nothing to get his son help.

Darrianne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsters View Post
    I mean, for pete's sake Eric Harris' father called 911 while the shooting was going on and said he thought his son might be involved. He KNEW and did nothing to get his son help.
    Really????? I didn't know that!

And you are right, we all were picked on at some time or another while growing up - even the best and brightest among us because kids can be mean and vile to each other! (come to think of it, so can "grown-ups")

Katie Guest
    I just finished going through this thread, and I have to relate something. I work in a school. We have a few who have the same potential as these boys. We have done everything we can think of, but without some sort of serious violence, our hands are tied. Even with the resources in place today, nothing will stop a child who for some reason or another are evil, or mentally disturbed.

We have also been warned not to go public with what has happened so far. All of us have put in years with our jobs, and none of us wants to loose that, but we are documenting everything, and trying our best to watch out for our students.

In case you are wondering, Yes, I would give my life to save my students, and all of my co-workers feel the same.

Our students are several years away from being in high school.

Lobsters Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    Really????? I didn't know that!

And you are right, we all were picked on at some time or another while growing up - even the best and brightest among us because kids can be mean and vile to each other! (come to think of it, so can "grown-ups")
    Yes, he most certainly did. I believe part of that call was played in "Bowling for Columbine".

He called 911 and told them he believed his son was involved and identified his son as part of the "Trenchcoat Mafia"

and too true about people being vile to one another.....too true.

magblax Guest
    Here is a link which contains numerous police reports filed against Ed "Reb" harris and Dylan "Vodka"Klebold.
    http://www.konformist.com/1999/color...ort/report.htm

These guys were bullies themselves. If they were treated as freaks in the school it waas for good reason! They tormented and bullied fellow student Brooks Brown for at least a year before the shootings. Brown's parents notified both Dylan and Klebold's parents before filing multiple reports.

magblax Guest

I feel for all the people that died that day, including the shooters. Sorry. But it's true.

Honestly, I think it was one of things that the parents didn't want to admit that the boys could have serious problems. Dylan and Eric were pretty close to graduation, they probably figured they'd eventually just grow up and move on and get over it. They probably figured they'd "be fine" once they seperated from each other and went their own ways. I don't think they honestly had any clue what they were capable of, and what was going to happen, even with all the shit they pulled before the shootings. From the things I've read on them, I get the feeling it was like they were good kids while with their parents, but completely horrendous when they weren't. Jekyll and Hyde type stuff.

There's stuff I've pulled that my family doesn't know about to this day, and they were pretty much shadowing me my teen years! Hell, I admit, I could be like Jekyll and Hyde myself with my family too. Who wasn't at one point in their life?

It's just sad all around. Pointless deaths just because two kids couldn't see life past high school.

SarahThirteen Guest
    I have an almost unhealthy obsession with Columbine...Ive read every report, every book I can get my hands on...

I read that when they went to put Eric's body in a body bag his brain fell out and onto the floor....
    Last edited by SarahThirteen; 11-03-2007 at 12:28 AM.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahThirteen View Post
    I have an almost unhealthy obsession with Columbine...Ive read every report, every book I can get my hands on...

I read that when they went to put Eric's body in a body bag his brain fell out and onto the floor....
    i don't live too far from Columbine HS.... it is definitely creepy to look at it from outside.... it's hard to believe that kids still go to school there!

i was at work when the shootings happened... they made an announcement over the loudspeaker that if anyone had kids that attended Columbine HS, they were to report to the commander's office... they locked down all the other schools in the area... my best friends kids were in elementary school near there.... they were completely freaked out by it...

how awful.... also i have a friend who was buried near one of the victims at a catholic cemetary in wheatridge....

sus

disco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Here's actual footage of the rampage. Warning you can see them commit suicide in the background....

Wow! Whoa!