Thread: Dead Like Me

lowblowmonroe Guest

Dead Like Me

..this show was awesome and it sucks they cut it so short..did anyone else watch this show?
    I saw Ellen Muth at Dragon Con last year and she was kinda weird and weighed about 75 lbs...seriously..

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lowblowmonroe View Post
    ..this show was awesome and it sucks they cut it so short..did anyone else watch this show?
    I saw Ellen Muth at Dragon Con last year and she was kinda weird and weighed about 75 lbs...seriously..
    i loved this show!!! all of the characters were good, and i liked how the dead folks never seemed to realize they were dead.... that's how i'd like death to be... Susan

lowblowmonroe Guest
    absolutely...that would be swell... That new show "Pushing Daisies" kinda reminds me of DLM...

JeffD Guest
    I watched every episode. I liked it. It had a low key kind of feel for me, kind of like Monk.

Nayzo Guest
    I loved this show as well. They are making either a straight to video or tv movie for it:

http://http://imdb.com/title/tt1079444/

Although, be warned ***Casting Spoilers*** Highlight below with mouse.

Mandy Patinkin is not returning as Rube (new character to take over as boss), and Daisy Adaire has been recast.

Casanndra Guest
    That is great that they are making a movie!!!

I loved this show! So much!

I like Pushing Daisies too.

I tried to watch "Dead Like Me" - right after I finished up with Six Feet Under, but I just couldn't get into it. The characters on the show just annoyed me mostly, and I guess I was "spoiled" after SFU.

Analyst_Rob Guest

Boom Boom Ba

I love Mason!!!!!!
    Want to work for Rube...
    drink with Roxy..
    And kiss George....

reddawn17 Guest
    i loved this show...i thought that it was well played out and i love anything that has Mandy Patinkin in it. Too bad it was cut after 2 seasons...

mommafreak Guest
    I loved that show so much. My fav was Mason. Georges mom, sheesh, what a case. But the lady at Happy Time was a hoot.

Shes Not There Guest

My favorite show!!!!!!!!!

Not only did I watch it-I still am. I bought both seasons and am getting everyone in the family interested in it. Delores Herbig as in "her big brown eyes" hee hee. My favorite!
    I hope the movie is as good. However, no Rube and a different girl playing Daisy, Daisy Adare.

Shes Not There Guest

And...

Ellen is my friend on myspace...

Xtine Guest

Dead Like Me

Has anyone seen this show before? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348913/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_like_me
    It is about reapers. It aired on Showtime from 2003-2004 before it was cancelled. A movie of the show is supposed to be released in 2009 (straight to DVD). Depending on the success of the movie, the show may be picked back up again.

If you haven't seen it, you definitely should! It is the perfect show for any death hag.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Totally loved the show. Saw every episode. I was pissed when it was cancelled. I have the series on DVD. I watch it religiously. I didnt know they were making a movie. thats so cool. I cant wait!

Littleroben Guest
    I really liked this programme, hope they repeat the series before the film is out.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I think that the series aires on the Sci-fi channel currently.

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I think that the series aires on the Sci-fi channel currently.
    yeah, i think thats right.
    i just finished watching the 1st season thanks to netflix.
    i can't wait to start the 2nd.
    i wish it hadn't been canceled.

I liked "Six Feet Under" better...

I've seen both seasons on dvd. I love it! Every character is just that- a character, and an endearing one at that! I _love_ Dolores, the temp boss! The actress who plays her is currently on "Reaper" as the demon who works at the Department of Motor Vehicles (or whatever they call it in California) and collects the souls.

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    I've seen both seasons on dvd. I love it! Every character is just that- a character, and an endearing one at that! I _love_ Dolores, the temp boss! The actress who plays her is currently on "Reaper" as the demon who works at the Department of Motor Vehicles (or whatever they call it in California) and collects the souls.

...........as in "Herbig" brown eyes...............

Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Yes!!!

She could have just been an annoyingly obsessive character, with a less-skilled actress and sloppier writers. But I absolutely loved her by the end.

Chevyheaven Guest
    "..as in her big fat ass.." I recall George saying that once to her too.

I loved her and that big beasty looking secretary who collected post-its! haha

I cant believe that it was cancelled I mean that show had sooo much potential and to have it just gone like that sucked monkey balls.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I loved that show.
    Am I the only one that thinks Mandy Patinkin is kinda hot?

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    "..as in her big fat ass.." I recall George saying that once to her too.

I loved her and that big beasty looking secretary who collected post-its! haha
    Crystal! I liked her too!
    God I miss this show!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I loved that show.
    Am I the only one that thinks Mandy Patinkin is kinda hot?

Mandy pulled his usual act-he was on Dead Like Me-was popular and then up and quit. That seems to be what he does with almost every show he is on.
    I read there will be a Dead Like Me film-I so hope so. I loved that show!

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Mandy pulled his usual act-he was on Dead Like Me-was popular and then up and quit. That seems to be what he does with almost every show he is on.
    I read there will be a Dead Like Me film-I so hope so. I loved that show!

yeah, he apparently did that recently on one of those crime drama shows.....too bad

Adiposeur Guest
    Loved it! Miss it so much!!! Dolores and George's snarky mother were my favorites.

Toilet tree!!!!!! LOL!

hoxharding Guest
    yeah, he apparently did that recently on one of those crime drama shows.....too bad

'Criminal Minds' and he did the same thing when on 'Chicago Hope'
    Listen to the commentary on the first episodes of 'Dead Like Me' he
    complains like crazy.
    The man is talented-very talented. But he evidently doesn't like long-term contracts such as tv(Broadway yes-tv is a no)

Guest Guest
    uh oh that show is my weakness I just love that show. !!!
    It drove me nuts crazy to think of where I had seen that character Roxy played by Jasmine Guy till if finally hit me, she played Whitley on A Different World. I prefer Roxy's character.
    Great show.

1karenhb Guest
    Everytime I see her on Reaper I think the same line. I loved Dead Like Me. I didn't have Showtime so I watched the series from Netflix.

Tyler77 Guest
    I think I saw it once on one of our local stations.....Georgia, I believe, was riding her bike by a house with no lights on, says "I bet they're all asleep", proceeds to throw a rock at the house, and all the lights come on. Startled, she high tails it to the restaurant where everyone was filling out these "evaluations." The Jasmine Guy character looked as though she just got out of bed, wearing these 80's inspired hair curlers, complaining that she hates doing evaluations........Georgia walks up to the counter and the guy sitting behind the counter was reading a book on watercolor paintings and was absolutely enthralled by it. He wouldn't let Georgia fill out an evaluation.

Then I fell back asleep.

marimbagirl Guest
    I loved the episode where they were having to go through all of the post-it notes of people's final thoughts and wishes and Mason found Daisy's in the pile. Made me cry a little.

No Rube in the new "movie". His story was done by the end of the series, so now they're bringing in a new guy to play that part. From what I've heard, he's the complete opposite of Rube.

hoxharding Guest
    I loved Daisy-she was the best(next to George of course)
    Anyone notice that the guy who made the series must love girls with guy's name?
    He also made 'Pushin Daisies' and one of the female characters on there is named 'Chuck'
    I still like Dead Like Me better than that show though.

My favorite episodes: 1) The one where George went to her bosse's apartment. She had a webcame and people watch her clean and comment on the cleaning.
    2) The final one during Halloween-I love what George says
    about how everyone is different paintings(or colors,I forget)
    One of the victims in that episode is Emily Perkins who played the younger sister in the 'Ginger Snaps' films.

Yes but I was very distracted because she looks so much like Laura San Giamoco.

I can even get you a free drink for $3! Spongebob squarepants

cupcake187 Guest
    I absolutely loved that show and just recently watched the movie 'the faculty' and saw little miss blondie daisy in it.. I was crazy about Mason.. maybe it was the accent, either way great show!

I loved this show too!! I watched it all on DVD after it had been cancelled already. How sad. Deloris Herbig was one of the best characters on TV ever. I thought she was annoying at first too, but they really developed her well!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake187 View Post
    I absolutely loved that show and just recently watched the movie 'the faculty' and saw little miss blondie daisy in it.. I was crazy about Mason.. maybe it was the accent, either way great show!

Callum Blue(Mason) is now on the Showtime Show 'The Tudors'(or was, I didn't see it this season)
    He is also in the film 'Caffeine'

cupcake187 Guest
    Callum Blue(Mason) is now on the Showtime Show 'The Tudors'(or was, I didn't see it this season)
    He is also in the film 'Caffeine'
    OH YEAH! I watched caffeine.. it has katherine heigle right? it was an interesting movie.. lol.. I'll have to check out the tudors.. yum!

Shes Not There Guest
    The actress who played Daisy on the show is not in the movie. Here is the IMDB on the movie.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079444/
    I have Ellen Muth (George) as a friend on myspace and I'm hoping she'll tell us when they are releasing it. And I think it will go straight to DVD.
    I love Mandy Patinkin, 'course I could be partial since my name is also Mandy (not Amanda). I can't name a favorite episode~I love them all.
    Mason "I've got illegals in my bottom"
    I love that show!

cupcake187 Guest
    OH Bummer, I totally thought that was her.. I shoulda checked it out first.. thanks!!! Still love me some mason lol.. I feel like I should grab out my dvds now.

MorbidMolly Guest
    This show was PERFECT..........the writing, the acting, and the stories.......one of the few I really miss.......didn`t hear about a flick coming out, but I`d pay to see it.......

Xtine Guest
    [quote=Shes Not There;311347]The actress who played Daisy on the show is not in the movie. Here is the IMDB on the movie.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079444/
    I have Ellen Muth (George) as a friend on myspace and I'm hoping she'll tell us when they are releasing it. And I think it will go straight to DVD.
    quote]

didn't know daisy's character wasn't going to be in the movie.
    i am also hoping that ellen will tell us more about the film via myspace
    the last i read, the movie is going straight to dvd.....

SinKittyVixen Guest
    OMg, I cant believe there is gonna be a movie!I love Dead Like Me!
    Im happy now.

hoxharding Guest

Dead Like Me Update

I tried to find the old thread but couldn't!
    For those who were fans of 'Dead Like Me'-the movie has been made Ninjavideo.net
    If you want to see the film on-line.
    Last edited by Nessa; 02-01-2009 at 07:33 PM.

hoxharding Guest
    Rubin is gone and they get assignments on Treos.

Yay!

Thanks Hoxy

1karenhb Guest

Dead Like Me movie is out on dvd

I know there was a thread for the tv show Dead Like Me but I couldn't find it. Anyway I watched the new movie on dvd from Netflix yesterday. Good movie. New actress plays Daisy but all the others are back except Ruben.

MmmRavioli Guest
    You can also rent it on I-Tunes for 4.99 and buy it for 14.99!

This is one of my top two favorite shows, along with "Taxi." I love the dark humor, the chemistry between Rube and George, all the characters, and the secondary storyline of how George's family deals with her death over the months ahead. And George is one of TV's classic characters, IMO. She had quite a unique personality and outlook on life. Every character on the show was unique and brilliant though. The music is great too. Stewart Copeland from The Police scored a lot of it. And the song "Boom Boom Ba" by Metisse, which they used a lot, was beautiful and haunting. I've got that on my I-Pod.

I like it a little better than Six Feet Under, which went south a bit in later seasons (although it was always a quality show).

I wish Betty (Rebecca Gayheart) had stayed with the show, though. I love how she always took a poloroid of her "reaps" right before they died and would say, "Happy thoughts!" before she snapped the camera. lol Her departure was kind of sad and mysterious. I wonder why she really left the show.

It was really a classic concept in a sea of mediocrity on television. I diligently tuned in every week.