Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Search Engine Street Views

onehunglow Guest

Search Engine Street Views

Scott lists the addess of many Stars. I put that in zillo and it not only shows great pics of the homes, but how many bedrooms, baths and square feet as well as the worth. Got a great look at Redd Foxxes former digs. Once the home comes up on zillo you have to click on it to get the info. I use Google earth to see exactly where they are located. I'm just a snoop. I would never go there, but it is fun to see. Redd's fomer home is worth 800K and has a good shot of the pool. I'm not posting it here but you can do the same with living stars if you know how. Hey I live in Iowa, I need a life.
    Last edited by onehunglow; 10-16-2007 at 03:13 PM.

ComputerGuy Guest
    I wonder what Steve Allens Old house is worth!!

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...6242&encType=1
    Last edited by ComputerGuy; 10-16-2007 at 03:18 PM.

onehunglow Guest

nice digs

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post

More than I can afford.

Computer Guy, did I miss this on another thread: what's your obsession with Steve Allen? Just teasin' ya!
    I saw my house that I just sold on Zillo and almost fainted..I could have gotten more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Computer Guy, did I miss this on another thread: what's your obsession with Steve Allen? Just teasin' ya!
    I saw my house that I just sold on Zillo and almost fainted..I could have gotten more!
    How do you find zillo and how do you use it?

onehunglow Guest

Just put in the address

Quote Originally Posted by MIZIZVOGUE View Post
    How do you find zillo and how do you use it?
    http://www.zillow.com/?kwg=zillo

When it comes up click on the house. Easy as a fart after beans.

Tugboat25 Guest

ComputerGuy, I have to admit, I am always amused when you go off on Steve Allen!

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    ComputerGuy, I have to admit, I am always amused when you go off on Steve Allen!
    Yeah. I need to pick on someone else that's dead. I'm like a kid on the side of the road with a stick poking road kill

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Scott lists the addess of many Stars. I put that in zillo and it not only shows great pics of the homes, but how many bedrooms, baths and square feet as well as the worth. Got a great look at Redd Foxxes former digs. Once the home comes up on zillo you have to click on it to get the info. I use Google earth to see exactly where they are located. I'm just a snoop. I would never go there, but it is fun to see. Redd's fomer home is worth 800K and has a good shot of the pool. I'm not posting it here but you can do the same with living stars if you know how. Hey I live in Iowa, I need a life.
    OMG...I have actually searched real estate listings when I hear of a celebrity home for sale...and I usually find the listings...and sometimes they have "virtual tours"...I don't have a life either in Michigan!!

onehunglow Guest

Yes they do

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    OMG...I have actually searched real estate listings when I hear of a celebrity home for sale...and I usually find the listings...and sometimes they have "virtual tours"...I don't have a life either in Michigan!!
    I've snooped around a lot of homes. Cool huh? Yep in the midwest what can we do. Watch cars rust and buildings fall down.

lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    I've done the EXACT same thing! It's interesting to see where the old hollywood stars used to live and see what their homes are worth now. Or if the houses are even still there.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Yeah. I need to pick on someone else that's dead. I'm like a kid on the side of the road with a stick poking road kill
    Speaking of road kill, Steve Allen's toupee looked like something that would be found dead on a highway.

firegilnotguns Guest
    So cool, thanks for sharing the link!

Helby Guest

Google (and other search engines) Street View

Has alot of death spots for google earth...kinda neato!
    http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthrea.../Number/721300

Kareika Guest
    OMG, that is so cool. Now I am going blow the whole afternoon lookin at this!

Google Earth is the best.Wasted many hours tracking my past.Thanx for the new overlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Helby View Post
    Has alot of death spots for google earth...kinda neato!
    that was brilliant! thank you!
    pull the string!

Danny62 Guest
    Hey...Thanks so much for the google earth link!

Pretty cool stuff!!!

That is so cool. I can see myself spending many hours playing around there.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Cheers Helby great link

I cant get that stupid mini map off from the middle off the main map

Helby Guest
    Google earth is addicting!! Be careful!

Microsoft live maps or Google Earth

Im finding myself becoming addicted to these sites. The death hag in me has me looking up cool places like 112 Ocean Ave. in Amityville NY. and 10050 Cielo Dr. in L.A., just to see what they look like from the air. I know i'm not the only one on the forum to do this. What cool places have you hags checked out on there?

My own house on Google where they drive around and take pics of everything so you can look all around 360 degrees. Kinda neat.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PvN73 Guest
    I have looked up Ich's house and your house Jefe! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kidding!!!!

No, just my place, nothing exciting really. That sounds like fun though, maybe that is something to do when the forum goes down. Any other tips?

My condo is a dirt lot on google earth but its on Live maps. I guess they need to update. I can't believe that monstrosity the put on Cielo dr. Idiots

itsintheeyes Guest
    3850 E. New York Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46201

This is the house were Sylvia Likens was tortured and murdered.

Eta: I just google mapped this house a couple of nights ago and was finding a hard time thinking of others. Thanks for the ideas!

12305 5th Helena drive ,Brentwood Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiaguy1 View Post
    12305 5th Helena drive ,Brentwood Cali.
    I didn't realize how close the Monroe house was to the Nicole Simpson house. Wow

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I didn't realize how close the Monroe house was to the Nicole Simpson house. Wow
    Yea, last time I was in LA (1996) I was suprised as well when I drove to both.

I wish I would have checked out Joan Crawfords house. Maybe I will check out the Google Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Yea, last time I was in LA (1996) I was suprised as well when I drove to both.

I wish I would have checked out Joan Crawfords house. Maybe I will check out the Google Earth.
    Didn't you jump the fence at the Monroe house?

lisalouver Guest
    Didn't you jump the fence at the Monroe house?
    Yup.

That was me.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    I'm not sure which site www.yellowpages.com culls their info from, but if you go to maps & directions, and choose the bird's eye view of the property, it's pretty clear. Much more so than google...at least here in bumfuck La.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    My own house on Google where they drive around and take pics of everything so you can look all around 360 degrees. Kinda neat.
    I have done this also...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Ah yes, Google Street View. I love it! My mom and my uncle are on there if you look at her address,they must have just arrived at her house when the Google car drove by. My house is on there as well. Unfortunately my place in L.A. was not on there yet, but I'm sure they are constantly adding up more places as they drive around the country. For some reason though the idea of an anonymous car driving around taking 360 degree pictures creeps me out a little. But I still think Google Street view is the shit.

Google is right down the street from us and it freaked me out the first time I saw their unmarked cars with the camera turrets on them, lol.

Love Google maps & Google Streetview. My husband is using both of those to "visit" locations he's researching for his book on genealogy. He's also visiting out of state spots his ancestors lived on at one time.

google earth is terrific, ya can't beat the price either!
    pull the string!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    I'm not sure which site www.yellowpages.com culls their info from, but if you go to maps & directions, and choose the bird's eye view of the property, it's pretty clear. Much more so than google...at least here in bumfuck La.
    Wow you ain't a kiddin!! That was so much easier than google earth,for one thing i did'nt have to download the software from google,it was much faster finding addresses too!!! thanks for the tip Bayou Voodoo

FannyB1923 Guest
    It is the ultimate "big brother is watching you" thing. I was playing with it the other day and wow- there was my car sitting in the driveway!

Is it LIVE? Or do they just snap a picture of your house every so often.

If it's live, I'd be tempted to go outside and sing and dance and invite the world to the show!

On Goggle Earth I found a house I lived in back in 1966 in Millington, Tn. It is kinda fun searching for pieces of your past.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    On Goggle Earth I found a house I lived in back in 1966 in Millington, Tn. It is kinda fun searching for pieces of your past.
    I've went back and checked out every place I have ever lived in. 2 house's are gone already.

Snudgie Guest
    Im finding myself becoming addicted to these sites. The death hag in me has me looking up cool places like 112 Ocean Ave. in Amityville NY. and 10050 Cielo Dr. in L.A., just to see what they look like from the air. I know i'm not the only one on the forum to do this. What cool places have you hags checked out on there?
    Those are the first 2 addresses I looked up the first time I downloaded Google earth!!!!...I did them before I did my own house......Damn I really need a life....

I use Microsoft live local mostly. I love their birdseye view. I have a bunch of collections save for movie and TV locations and different stuff. Googles street view is cool also. I am slowly building my MS live collections there also so that I can use the street view. If there were a way to combind the two that would make for one hell of a program.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiaguy1 View Post
    Wow you ain't a kiddin!! That was so much easier than google earth,for one thing i did'nt have to download the software from google,it was much faster finding addresses too!!! thanks for the tip Bayou Voodoo
    You are quite welcome. I don't know exactly how old their info is, but my house shows my Mitsubishi in the driveway, and no fence. So that was sometime in 2004.....I think we fenced the yard in late '04/early '05.

hoxharding Guest
    Dumb question-I can't find Google Street View=( How do I find it?

djdeath-hag Guest
    Google street views are not available everywhere yet, Hox. Not a dumb question at ALL!!!

I've been totally addicted to googleEarth for years now. I've thumbtacked everywhere I've ever lived, where all of my relatives live, many friends, a few of my favorite death-hags too.

I've also enjoyed finding death locations & specific cememteries. Funny story: When I was visiting Mom back in May, I installed googleEarth on her pc. As we were trying to locate her high school, she stopped me with a "what is THAT?????" It looked like a jet parked on a building...until I realized it was one that was on it's final approach to Miami International.

Hox, go to Google maps and look up an address. Then click on "street view" and if your street is lined in blue there is a picture. Just click on where you'd like to view the street from. Their addresses are a little off. Say my house is 4445 X St., when you view it, google says it's 4487. They don't have the house I grew up in, but they do have other things in the city I grew up in, such as my first job (the Shell, but it was an Amoco when I worked there). See:

They pictures definitely aren't live (that would be extra freaky!!). The pic at my mom's house is from sometime last Summer, after June. I can tell because my car is there and it has MN plates, until June I still had CA plates!

I was just playing around on there and looks like they have added lots of places in L.A. including where I used to live. 10050 Cielo has a street view, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so you might have to move it up or down the street, since like I mentioned the addresses are a little off.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I was just playing around on there and looks like they have added lots of places in L.A. including where I used to live. 10050 Cielo has a street view, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so you might have to move it up or down the street, since like I mentioned the addresses are a little off.

Thank you! I found it-they don't have street view in my town but they have satellite view. I also viewed the house in Indy where the young girl was tortured and killed. I thought it was supposedly being used as a woman's shelter. It looks abandoned to me.

Armcast Guest
    Someone posted this link here on the forum. It's a cool overlay for Google Earth that show death locations of famous people.