Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glen Campbell

That is really sad. I remember him in the 70s. I remember when some of his songs were big.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

same. i listen to classic country at work, and when his songs come on, i def sing to them. getting older effing sucks

Happy 81st birthday

zenith Guest
    I never paid attention to it when it came out, but "Wichita Lineman" is a beautiful song.

graciehillfarm Guest
    Yes it is. It's one of those songs that makes you want to close your eyes and listen to the words as they paint a picture in your mind.

I was fortunate enough to get to see Glen Campbell in concert a couple of times, the second time being during his Farewell Tour. Both times were unforgettable, but the Farewell concert, in particular. I'm not a big country music fan, and I'm not even a big Glen Campbell fan...never went out of my way to buy his music, etc. But seeing him perform in person was a real treat, both times, and I'm so glad we got to go. The Farewell Tour show was, of course, very poignant. He sometimes had to stop and ask what he was supposed to be doing. He had a son and a daughter there on the stage with him, to help remind him. But when he started playing his guitar, and singing his songs, he was every bit as good as he was years ago.