Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glen Campbell

Danny62 Guest

Glen Campbell

A face only a mother could love!! LOL

Actually I loved the guys music from the 1960's I guess a closet Glen Campbell fan. My two favorites were, By the time I get to Phoenix and witchita Lineman.

Another bit of trivia:
    Glen Campbell performs as a session musician for "Strangers in the Night." Sinatra inquires: "Who is the fag guitar player?"
    Last edited by Danny62; 10-20-2007 at 12:26 PM.

ComputerGuy Guest
    I feel sorry for him. Tonya got him all TUCKERED out!!

magblax Guest
    That was his mugshot after getting busted for a DUI here in AZ.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    That was his mugshot after getting busted for a DUI here in AZ.
    Didn't he kick an officer in "The balls" during the arrest?

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Didn't he kick an officer in "The balls" during the arrest?

Yep. He did 10 days in Sheriff Joe's "Tent City" wearing the mandatory black and white striped inmate uniform and pink boxers. He did give a concert to the other inmates on the back of a flatbed truck.

Danny62 Guest
    Yep. He did 10 days in Sheriff Joe's "Tent City" wearing the mandatory black and white striped inmate uniform and pink boxers. He did give a concert to the other inmates on the back of a flatbed truck.
    Pink Boxers?? You mean the jail made him wear pink boxers or was he wearing them??

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Pink Boxers?? You mean the jail made him wear pink boxers or was he wearing them??

Here is a pic of Sheriff Joe holding up a pair of pink boxers. They are a mandatory part of the inmate uniform. He is controversial, but I love Sheriff Joe!

ComputerGuy Guest
    I am a fan of Sherrif Joe as well. Take no crap

Danny62 Guest
    Here is a pic of Sheriff Joe holding up a pair of pink boxers. They are a mandatory part of the inmate uniform. He is controversial, but I love Sheriff Joe!
    Thanks for the pic. LOL

I thought Glen may have "swung both ways."

onehunglow Guest
    I was at ASU when he bought his place below Camel Back. Looks like an old plantation. Years later I had the misfortune to see him back stage at the Reno Nugget. Drunk and a total asshole. Yelling at his band and going on about the lights. Pure ass. Only behind Andy Griffith and Kenny (Where's my face?) Rogers.

susalu Guest
    I heard they dye all the underwear pink, so people won't steal them...

I love Glen Campbell's music.... Wichita Lineman, Gentle on My Mind, Galveston... the best of cheezy 60's/70's pseudo country... Also love John Hartford and Bobby Goldsboro...

I know, I am dating myself!! Susan

Great music but has seen better days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post

Actually I loved the guys music from the 1960's I guess a closet Glen Campbell fan. My two favorites were, By the time I get to Phoenix and witchita Lineman.

Another bit of trivia:
    Glen Campbell performs as a session musician for "Strangers in the Night." Sinatra inquires: "Who is the fag guitar player?"
    My two favorites also and Gentle On My Mind...a cheesefest, I know!
    Last edited by suzycreamcheese1; 07-11-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Desertrose Guest
    I met him once at a charity event and he was extremely nice - I was really impressed. He has since moved to CA - says he got a bad rap here over his DUI publicity. Whatever. Yes, Sheriff Joe makes his inmates wear pink boxers. I love Sheriff Joe!!!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Did not he and Mac davis switch wives? I remember scandal about them of some kind and they married them too.
    Everytime I see his pictures I pat myself on the back lol I went with a guy that looked exactly like him , everyone would call him glen lol I would just die if I had to roll over and see that mug in the morning.

lisalouver Guest
    I remember when he was arrested for the DUI.

I asked my ex (a cop) if he would have been the officer pulling him over, would he have given him a DUI.

He thought it over for a moment and said without hesitation "No, I would not have arrested him. But he would have had to sing Rhinestone Cowboy for me!"

Guest Guest
    many years ago...1970's he performed at our town fair...my uncle was on the county committee and posed with him and the group...he had his arms around one woman's shoulder and was flipping off the camera...I'll see if my uncle still has the pic and have him send it and I'll post it if he does

uncle said he was a complete asshole during his stay and performance! very rude and obnoxious and drunk the entire time...this was also during the "Tanya" time and she was there too but kept a low profile the entire time, she didn't perform, needless to say the committee said they would NEVER have him there again...and as far as I know they haven't and wouldn't invite him back

now Kenny Rogers on the other hand...very gracious and personable

the only other asslick they ever had to deal with was George Jones...meglomaniac was the term used to describe him!

SenorMuerto Guest
    Maybe Glen has cleaned-up his act.

My mom and 2 sisters went to Branson last year(they're nuts, of course). They saw a double-bill of Glen Campbell AND Andy Williams.

They met them at a restaurant after the show, have pics with them, said they were both as nice as can be. They said they talked to Glen and his daughter for like a half-hour.

I still think Glen Campbell is one tribute album, with his hits performed by contemporary artists, and a tv special of the performances away from hitting big again.

MeltingCandle Guest
    Glen/Jimmy Webb is as great a singer/songwriter team as Lennon/McCartney or anyone else you can put up against them. While the volume of their work was not as large as others, it was an equal in quality.

Chunga Guest
    played with beach boys briefly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZf49jYrzH8

Nicki Guest
    He grew up with my cousins back in Pike County, Arkansas. Personally I think he is very nice, but like many people when he starts drinking, doing drugs, whatever his choice may be, he can totally turn into a Ass! I understand he is doing much better with the set of kids from this last marriage. His oldest daughter Debbie sings with him in his show. But she was basically raised by her own mother. The other kids did not do so well. I think his son Travis has been in alot of trouble. Plus I may be wrong but it seems quite a few years ago I read that his daughter Kelli from his second marriage comitted suicide. Does anyone else remember reading that?

crazedfemale Guest
    I think he has children from 4 women. I saw him in concert about 2 years ago at Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth. Always wanted to see him. His daughter, who is also a flight attendant, sang some songs, she's OK, but her version of Crazy was too Patsy Clineish.

Chunga Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    I think he has children from 4 women. I saw him in concert about 2 years ago at Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth. Always wanted to see him. His daughter, who is also a flight attendant, sang some songs, she's OK, but her version of Crazy was too Patsy Clineish.
    He just played the Mentor High School Auditorium last year

Last edited by Chunga; 07-13-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Nicki Guest
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that his daughter Kelli from his marriage to Billie Jean committed suicide some years back. I think he has 8 children. Apparently he is very good at producing other things as well as music.

Desertrose Guest
    One of his daughters is/was married to an airline pilot with America West, which is now U.S. Air. He was one of the two pilots that was arrested in Florida a couple of years ago for attempting to fly while still drunk after drinking the night before. He is still currently in prison.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    One of his daughters is/was married to an airline pilot with America West, which is now U.S. Air. He was one of the two pilots that was arrested in Florida a couple of years ago for attempting to fly while still drunk after drinking the night before. He is still currently in prison.
    Cool info! I wonder if the husband used to drink with his father-in-law?

What a magnificent wreck this man has become!

What a talent.

Strong and beautiful voice.

I thank Ich for posting the links to all of those videos, I've been watching them for 30 minutes now.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    You know, I don't care for Glen....he seems very cocky.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    You know, I don't care for Glen....he seems very cocky.
    I guess when you're a Rhinestone Cowboy you can be cocky.

pattykad Guest
    Couldn't agree more about Webb and Campbell. Phoenix was so far
    ahead of it's time.....what a classy, classy song.

I watch alot of concert dvds and Glen Campbell with the Sioux Falls
    Symphony is oddly, one of the best out there. Great Webb songs with
    the orchestra backing him....what more could you want?

I think the Glen of today is a much nicer man than his 70's person.

But I never knew that about his son in law pilot! I've never heard anything
    about a suicide either....anyone with more info on that?

Wasn't he doing tons of blow in the 70s?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I guess when you're a Rhinestone Cowboy you can be cocky.
    I guess so...he just gives me the creeps.

pattykad Guest

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    I guess so...he just gives me the creeps.
    Yeah he is weird.

Curtis Radiohead Guest

Another bit of trivia:

LOL @ Sinatra!!!

He looks like a psycho killer in that mugshot!

pattykad Guest
    And in case anyone doesn't know, he's always been considered one
    of the primo guitar players in music.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0z-bVvAt9M&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    LOL @ Sinatra!!!

He looks like a psycho killer in that mugshot!
    No just the "grumpiest old man".
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    What a magnificent wreck this man has become!

I know. That photo scared the shit out of me when I first saw it. Whoa...I recoiled. Never knew Glen Campbell could look so mean.
    Definitely not a happy camper!

Desertrose Guest
    No, he wasn't a happy camper in that mug shot. He just was arrested for a hit and run (a car, not a person), after drinking who knows how many rum and cokes. He felt because he was Glen Campbell, he was special and shouldn't be arrested. That is how a person looks after drinking after a day of golf and then getting into trouble. (and getting into trouble with the wife, after he assured her he wasn't drinking anymore).

Seagorath Guest
    Is that "Parnell"...the sick bastard that kidnapped and raped Steven Staynor?

Another bit of trivia:

Noelle Page Guest
    Remember what an upbeat, wholesome, apple-cheeked good-ol boy he used to be on his 1960s TV show? Always opened with the heartiest "Hi, I'm Glen Campbell!"

That mug shot is the polar opposite of his onetime image.

Seagorath Guest
    The man also needs some starch and an iron!...that collared shirt just popped out of the dingy hamper...

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Remember what an upbeat, wholesome, apple-cheeked good-ol boy he used to be on his 1960s TV show? Always opened with the heartiest "Hi, I'm Glen Campbell!"

That mug shot is the polar opposite of his onetime image.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Wasn't he doing tons of blow in the 70s?

Who wasn't.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

78 Cobra II Fan Guest
    He used to be on those 700 club type shows talking about how he quit drinking and doing drugs, I don't think ol' Pat has had him back on the show in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrose View Post
    I met him once at a charity event and he was extremely nice - I was really impressed. He has since moved to CA - says he got a bad rap here over his DUI publicity. Whatever. Yes, Sheriff Joe makes his inmates wear pink boxers. I love Sheriff Joe!!!
    Having done time with Sheriff Joe I can also say that they use pink handcuffs, too. Ahhhh, Arizona..I miss you but you know what they say: go there on vacation, leave on probation!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    No just the "grumpiest old man".
    Looks like he has a case of the Mondays.

ajlposh Guest

Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimer's