Thread: Grauman's Chinese Theatre

BeeCee Guest

Grauman's Chinese Theatre

What a great place! Back in the late 70's, I finally fulfilled a childhood dream of going to Hollywood (as a tourist not a starlet hee hee). One of the stops was Grauman's Chinese Theatre where, like thousands before and after, I went around checking out the prints and signatures. It was just such surreal fun. I soon discovered that most of the women tended to be very tiny and, my size 7 1/2 foot and medium size hand wouldn't fit in most of the prints. How depressing...until I found Marilyn's hand print and viola - a fit! Since I had always liked her (wanted hair like that since I was a little girl but never had the guts to do it), I felt like Cinderella with the glass slipper.

Anyone else have a similar, fun experience there?

Kathyf Guest
    I love it there too. I have been there about 7 times. It is one of my favorite places to go. I was so excited to match my hands and feelt to the stars. I was just there in June with my sister and niece. She was able to make her own handprint. I wish I was younger I would have got one too.

DarkePriz Guest

Talking

Oh my yes! The first time was back in 84 during the Summer Olympics, but some rude little photographer pushed me from Marilyn's prints (I was 14 at the time, and was infuriated), but my family rushed us from the whole Hollywood thing...I swore to return one day.

Last year with friends I returned, and finally saw Marilyn's in relative peace...another happy memory for me!

RoRo Guest
    I wanna go!!! I've been to California and we didn't get to go because I got sick... After years of brown and red and brown again hair I am now a blonde and I do mean blonde like the hollywood stars of old and I love it ..everyone says it looks better...I need to get a new pic online

katspjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    What a great place! Back in the late 70's, I finally fulfilled a childhood dream of going to Hollywood (as a tourist not a starlet hee hee). One of the stops was Grauman's Chinese Theatre where, like thousands before and after, I went around checking out the prints and signatures. It was just such surreal fun. I soon discovered that most of the women tended to be very tiny and, my size 7 1/2 foot and medium size hand wouldn't fit in most of the prints. How depressing...until I found Marilyn's hand print and viola - a fit! Since I had always liked her (wanted hair like that since I was a little girl but never had the guts to do it), I felt like Cinderella with the glass slipper.

katspjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post

Have a great photo of MM's hand prints! When I was a little girl, we lived out in CA and I got to see Disney's Jungle Book at Graumann's Chinese Theater...I was thrilled to fit into Shirley Temple's impressions at the time! Jean Harlow was almost a fit as well, she was so tiny!

When I lived in LA, I took it for granted; all the cool sights, etc. I have the exact same hand and foot size has Judy Garland..that was cool!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Jaxxx Guest
    Yes I loved it, I somehow thought it would be cleaner.