Thread: The First48

magblax Guest

The First48

I did a thread search and didn't see this topic. Does anyone else watch this show? It gets pretty graphic sometimes. I love crime scenes as long as they don't involve me.

pvezz Guest
    I watch it as often as I can. I find the interrogations really interesting.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I watch it as often as I can. I find the interrogations really interesting.
    I wish they would do some sort of follow up show so we can find out what happens to the suspects.

pvezz Guest
    I agree, 100% - that's the only thing I don't care for; when the cases aren't solved at the end, you end up never knowing the resolution....

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i love this show, it keeps me interested for hours when they have a marathon! it is graphic sometimes, but its very interesting

Guest Guest
    I watch this show alot...... but I am really into another show called murder that used to come on Spike TV.... Ya'll would LOVE this show. http://www.ifilm.com/show/21636

Kathyf Guest
    That show is great I watched it a few times.

One of my favorites!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

MorbidMolly Guest
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.......can you tell I love it .....freaks me out sometimes cuz half of them are within 10 to 20 miles of me in Miami....

Ms. K Guest
    I love The First 48, but then, I own a copy of Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets (the book).

My dad and my brother are law enforcement, so this is dinner table conversation for us!

ssgpete Guest
    The First 48 is one of my favorite T. V. show on today. I like Miami homicide detectives the best.

Tugboat25 Guest
    It's a good show. I have enjoyed it but the only thing missing now is Det. Joe Schillaci!!
    It's not the same without Miami's best swarthy/greasy showboat detective!
    That guy is a real cop who acts like a parody of every badly portrayed cop on television!
    I miss me some Schillaci!!!

Kareika Guest
    I love it BUT I wish they would stop the endless repeating of the case everytime you cut back to it. Luckliy I DVR it so I can fast forward but still...

and I LOVE Schillaci !!!!!
    I miss him and his greasy hair!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareika View Post
    I love it BUT I wish they would stop the endless repeating of the case everytime you cut back to it. Luckliy I DVR it so I can fast forward but still...

and I LOVE Schillaci !!!!!
    I miss him and his greasy hair!
    Creepy and semi-seedy yet dedicated Joe Schillaci Rules! Ha!

You got an unsolved crime....Get Schillaci on it.
    (not before he has to change the oil in his hair though)

PvN73 Guest
    We only get repeats here in Australia on the free to air channels (probably new ones on cable which I dont have)

schillaci is the best ever! He made me laugh so much whenever he was on...

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    We only get repeats here in Australia on the free to air channels (probably new ones on cable which I dont have)

schillaci is the best ever! He made me laugh so much whenever he was on...
    Go to www.joeschillaci.com and there you'll find only the best Schillaci pics available.
    Joe's photographs are priceless and all the while you know he's thinking about the next homicide or drug deal gone bad!
    There are no days off for Schillaci, his tenacity to solve Miami crime's knows no end just like his propensity for more hair grease and matching black shirts and ties.

Lisamarie Guest
    Thats a great show! I love how graphic it is....very intresting...the most intresting one for me so fa was the one where they found a couple in Miami and the guy had stabbed his lady friend and put her in the bathtub and then threw himself out of the window..because she spurred his advances! It was weird cause like they had been visiting and their drinks were still sitting out and they had the security film from when they first pulled in. and you could see them in the car just looking normal ...it was just weird cause I kept thinking at what point did it all go so wrong? But yeah she turned him down he stabbed her then threw himself out the window! I just kept thinkig how sad and scary ,,,I guess you never know when someone may loose it! Anyone remeber that one? Always stuck with me .

One of my favourite shows. Joe Schillaci is so cool....sounds like a really nice and compassionate guy

Zeenie Guest
    I love this show. My favorite is Sgt. Caroline Mason with the Memphis PD. The other day she said that people in a particular neighborhood would talk to her because she has a "ghetto pass." Love her!

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pogobean View Post
    One of my favourite shows. Joe Schillaci is so cool....sounds like a really nice and compassionate guy

He is my favorite too but they don't show him anymore. I think he got a promotion a couple seasons ago.

I love this show!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I agree, 100% - that's the only thing I don't care for; when the cases aren't solved at the end, you end up never knowing the resolution....
    You can go to their website and they have the updates on the cases.

They have been here in Minneapolis filming since November, I think. We already have one case confirmed for airing. Going to be exciting!

The show is fanstastic!

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Go to www.joeschillaci.com and there you'll find only the best Schillaci pics available.
    Joe's photographs are priceless and all the while you know he's thinking about the next homicide or drug deal gone bad!
    There are no days off for Schillaci, his tenacity to solve Miami crime's knows no end just like his propensity for more hair grease and matching black shirts and ties.
    Those photos were FANTASTIC!! I love the young Joe pics!! woo hooo

Schillaci ROCKS!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Sometimes this show makes me really sad. It's very good though. The one I remember the most was a young guy working at a hockey rink. Some co worker broke in I think & killed him. They showed a pic of him in a hippy hat & I just thought how sad it was that someone killed a hippy. LOL it's sort of funny now though. What is wrong with me.

HA that guy has his own website. That's hilarious.

TheMysterian Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    He is my favorite too but they don't show him anymore. I think he got a promotion a couple seasons ago.
    He was promoted to Leiutenant and had to leave the Homocide squad,he said he hopes to be back. The show is just about the best thing on TV,I only wish they would show episodes on N.Y. Homocides,but I don't think N.Y. is part of schedule.

magblax Guest
    I am digging all the shows they are airing that were filmed in Memphis. The only thing that drives me crazy is not knowing what happens after the arrest. I know that they have a website...but still it would be nice if they gave more closure to the cases. Still..this is one of the best shows on TV. I have noticed that lately they are featuring just one case at a time rather than 2 different ones. They used to cover 2 cases in the hour.

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:23 AM.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    I love this show. I agree, it is disappointing when there isn't a definitive conclusion, but a lot of these cases are probably still ongoing. The saddest case I watched was the one where the father came down to Chicago to visit his son on his 17th birthday in Miami and ended up getting shot and killed. Thankfully they found the guy who did it within the first 48 hours, so there was a little closure.
    How about the one when they had that serial killer killing prostitutes - and then he thought he killed one chick but he didnt, then she walked past him a few days later!!!

That one freaked me out!

dailyvault Guest
    This - along with Mythbusters - is one of the only reasons to even watch television anymore, IMHO.

lisalouver Guest
    First homicide that was filmed here in Minneapolis is being broadcast thursday May 15th at 9PM EST.

Here is a blurb from our local paper with a pic of two of MPD's homicide detectives.

http://www.startribune.com/local/18891094.html

Can't wait to see it!

Adiposeur Guest
    I know a few of the officers on the Memphis cases. Love this show!!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    I know a few of the officers on the Memphis cases. Love this show!!
    It is a great show!

I LOVE this show!! Not sure if I have a favorite detective. I did love Shillaci (and his hair), and as far as the Miami squad now, I'd have to say Kevin Ruggiero is in line to take Shillaci's place, with his chunky gold bracelet and greasy Italian curls. LOL In Memphis, I like Caroline Mason because she's no nonsense but shows up to every murder in a flowy dress and heels. Love it.

I also watch Forensic Files religiously and love how Peter Thomas, the narrator, gets so worked up as the case gets going and gets his careful enunciation on. (You know you're a dork when you can name the narrator of the show. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adiposeur Guest
    The MPD is severing their ties with the show. They feel that it shows the city of Memphis in a negative light. I could go on a tangent about the crime in Memphis but I won't......

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    The MPD is severing their ties with the show. They feel that it shows the city of Memphis in a negative light. I could go on a tangent about the crime in Memphis but I won't......
    Damn that sucks. I like the Memphis shows!

Adiposeur Guest
    Me too!!! I'll still have a front row seat though in real life since my relatives are on the MPD force.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Thats a great show! I love how graphic it is....very intresting...the most intresting one for me so fa was the one where they found a couple in Miami and the guy had stabbed his lady friend and put her in the bathtub and then threw himself out of the window..because she spurred his advances! It was weird cause like they had been visiting and their drinks were still sitting out and they had the security film from when they first pulled in. and you could see them in the car just looking normal ...it was just weird cause I kept thinking at what point did it all go so wrong? But yeah she turned him down he stabbed her then threw himself out the window! I just kept thinkig how sad and scary ,,,I guess you never know when someone may loose it! Anyone remeber that one? Always stuck with me .
    yes, its called "Fallen" I believe. I was haunted by that episode . At first it seemed they were just investigating the body which had jumped or been pushed off the tall bldg. Then when they get upstairs to the apartment and find the girl dead and bloody in the bath tub it got even more stange.
    The way they edited the show made it look like the limo driver did it because he did lie to the detectives. I said something about that on the boards on A&E and the limo driver answered my post He was mad but others thought it seemed that way too and others caught him in more lies...so...not saying he did it but why does he lie?

Yup, love it!!! Bummer I don't have satellite anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

lostsoul23 Guest
    They have done some cases here in Cincinnati and have been filming here again recently. I confess I was a '48' junkie before that though.

"The First 48" on A&E

Does anyone watch this show? The premise being that the first 48 hours after a murder is crucial to solving the case. If you dont have the who, what, where, why, when and how, the odds of solving the case rapidly decrease. Camera crews are assigned to homicide departments in several cities, and they follow the detectives until a homicide is reported, "and the clock starts... "

I have watched the show off and on since it came on. I like how they feature several cities at a time and how some episodes go back and forth, i.e. the show starts in Miami, stays with that investigation for a bit, then goes to Dallas and their homicide, and the investigations run parallel. However, if one city has a particularly complicated case, then only the one case is profiled.

I am also very excited because, starting next month, they will be filming here in Charlotte! There are some city government officials that are super-pissed, but apparently the CMPD gets final approval on episodes in order to make sure crucial evidence is not accidently left in. I will be very curious to see "how we look"!

Love the show!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.