Thread: Houses of Horror news article with a Sott Michaels mention!

Guest Guest

Houses of Horror news article with a Sott Michaels mention!

They are where some of America's most notorious and gruesome crimes took place — the homes where murderers like Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy killed or stashed their victims.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369083,00.html

P.S. Notice Mr. Scott Michaels is quoted.

*I hope this isn't a repost of any sort. If so my apologies.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Smores Guest
    How interesting!! I didn't realize so many of these places were torn down, even that huge place where the 38 cult members committed suicide.... I LOVE the Amityville house and would love to go even just to drive by, but I think it may be an intrusion on whoever lives there now.... Guess they're not being run out by demons.
    Gacy's house, that would bother me, even torn down and rebuilt.... All those bodies having been buried there in that ground.
    Thanks so much for posting this info.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Great article!

Guest Guest
    Scott Rocks

Great thread!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

JestersKiss Guest
    Good Article, good thread

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's a good find. Interesting that so many have been torn down, I agree. Some I didn't know about.

b57hrle Guest

Houses of Horror news article with a SCOTT MICHAELS mention!! Woohooo!!

I found this today on foxnews..... the first link is the article which Scott comments in and the second is some of the pics they associated with the article... Way to go Scott!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369083,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,4269,00.html

I agree with Scott btw... they are gonna look whether you try to hide the house or not... and they should be saved, if nothing else maybe as a reminder of the horror people do to each other and maybe someone whos about to be that cruel will stop and think and maybe even change their minds... I doubt it, but its a nice thought.. Way to go Scott!! You Rock!!

Adiposeur Guest
    excellent article! I don't think that the Texas School Book Depository could be compared to buildings/homes that served as abattoirs though. Yes, the shots were fired from the sixth floor and JFK was technically assassinated from said building. But he died in that car. Those homes where the murdered bodies actually fell or where buried, creepier!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    excellent article! I don't think that the Texas School Book Depository could be compared to buildings/homes that served as abattoirs though. Yes, the shots were fired from the sixth floor and JFK was technically assassinated from said building. But he died in that car. Those homes where the murdered bodies actually fell or where buried, creepier!
    I went to the Book Depository about 11 yrs ago. They have the whole corner glasses off where he took the shot from. It gives an eerie feeling when you look down and see the grassy knoll and the street.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I was living in Chicago at the time Gacys place was torn dow and someone tried to burn it down first. The nieghbors wanted that place gone. and I cannot blame them.

Morto Guest
    Let us break the neck off of a bottle of fine champagne with our teeth and toast big Scottmeister!!!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smores View Post
    How interesting!! I didn't realize so many of these places were torn down, even that huge place where the 38 cult members committed suicide.... I LOVE the Amityville house and would love to go even just to drive by, but I think it may be an intrusion on whoever lives there now.... Guess they're not being run out by demons.
    Gacy's house, that would bother me, even torn down and rebuilt.... All those bodies having been buried there in that ground.
    Thanks so much for posting this info.
    We go by the house in Amityville quite frequently. The windows have been changed, it has been repainted & given a facelift, and has a new treest number. The current owners are NOT welcoming and do not like people coming by to gawk. So if you ever try to go by, just make sure you know which house it is that your looking for ahead of time !

Snudgie Guest
    I'd also love to see the Amityville house.....not to stand and gawk, I'd just go past and peek...at the end of the day, not only is it famous and creepy...it's also just a beautiful house, I'd love to live in a house like that!

Also....Scott, you rock, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I'd also love to see the Amityville house.....not to stand and gawk, I'd just go past and peek...at the end of the day, not only is it famous and creepy...it's also just a beautiful house, I'd love to live in a house like that!

Also....Scott, you rock, baby!

In case any one is interested, here are some pix of the Amityville house. These are the original house not the ones from any of the movies.
    The first one is how it appeared during the events in the first movie. The second 2 are what it looks like today.

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

darlingdawn Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post

In case any one is interested, here are some pix of the Amityville house. These are the original house not the ones from any of the movies.
    The first one is how it appeared during the events in the first movie. The second 2 are what it looks like today.

Awesome post! The house looks so different with the top windows changed out. I always thought those quarter-circle windows looked like eyes watching you! I also noticed in one of the pics in the article that showed this house had a sign in the front yard that said "high hopes". Hmm... did they have a feeling that things weren't going to go well and were trying to instill some sense of calm before the storm?

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/seventh.html

An interesting site, with some info about a possible seventh victim. The pictures do make you think!

Also, the site explains the "High Hopes" sign.

Snudgie Guest
    Thanks for those pics John! Such a gorgeous home, beautiful...I guess we'll never know the full story, at least from the Lutzes point of view, as they have both now passed away, and I guess the kids want to stay anonymous....

Either way, the whole thing is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Thanks for those pics John! Such a gorgeous home, beautiful...I guess we'll never know the full story, at least from the Lutzes point of view, as they have both now passed away, and I guess the kids want to stay anonymous....

Either way, the whole thing is fascinating!
    I personally think that the Lutz's story was pure BS. I think they just saw a way to try and make money of the house's history.
    I agree the house is beautiful. The house they used in the first movie is in New Jersey somewhere and was a very close match to this one. In the last movie (The remake) the house didn't look at all like the original.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

darlingdawn Guest
    When I was 10 I went with my friend to visit her aunt somewhere in Virginia (at the time we lived in Norfolk and it was about an hour drive). Their house looked just like the Amityville house with the same windows and a small balcony. They lived in a rural area along a dirt road. Needless to say, I was totally freaked out as this was just about the time the movie came out and I had seen parts of it on HBO. Oh... their son's name was Damien!