Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Denver

John Denver

I found this site called World ITC (the ITC stands for 'Instrumental Trans Communication'), and at the top of the page there's this weird photo of John Denver in life.... and apparently in death (or spirit, whatever). You can follow the link for an explanation of how the photo was obtained, etc. This organization attempts communication with the dead via electronic devices like phones, TV's, computers, cameras, etc. Twisted my head around a little. See what you think...

Danny62 Guest
    Interesting damn website. I will have to set aside some time to check it out!!

Wow! That was creepy. Another great site for all things ghostly is ghoststudy.com. They have tons of photos, evps and video!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    That is awesome, I think I have a new book mark.

I appreciate you for sharing this cool website. I've never seen or heard anything like it. Thanks Davey boy! I've just e-mailed links to all my buddies.

Another weird one right here. I don't want to get too off-topic since this is supposed to be about musicians, but this site is too utterly death hag creepy not to see. Recorded conversation with a dead boy, plus lots of other recorded conversations with famous DEAD people <shudder> Get ready cuz that boy starts talkin' away when you open the page...

Ms. Black Guest
    That's creepy. I don't think that particular clip is genuine though.

Jack Raines Guest
    Creepy shit! But I think its probably fake.

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey boy View Post
    Another weird one right here. I don't want to get too off-topic since this is supposed to be about musicians, but this site is too utterly death hag creepy not to see. Recorded conversation with a dead boy, plus lots of other recorded conversations with famous DEAD people <shudder> Get ready cuz that boy starts talkin' away when you open the page...
    You know what's really creepy? How that boy managed to make me download spam-crazy Realplayer. Now, that's some scary power from the other side. Seriously though, it's all a bunch of malarky -- psychics, ghosts, orbs, bleh.

mhicks0038 Guest
    Wow. That is freaky! Neat website!

Snoopy Guest
    Wow that's really neat! thanks for the link!

MPetro108 Guest
    Creepy but interesting... thanks for the link

I found this site called World ITC (the ITC stands for 'Instrumental Trans Communication'), and at the top of the page there's this weird photo of John Denver in life.... and apparently in death (or spirit, whatever). You can follow the link for an explanation of how the photo was obtained, etc. This organization attempts communication with the dead via electronic devices like phones, TV's, computers, cameras, etc. Twisted my head around a little. See what you think...
    Photoshops come along way

Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I agree, something just doesn't look right with the photos...

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I agree also...I am just too skeptical to believe things like this online...let me take a picture and it come out like that and maybe I will believe

MoJo67 Guest
    OH please, they are gonna have to better than that to convince me. I admit it is interesting to read though.

hoxharding Guest
    I don't know about that picture of John Denver. It may be real. Thing is, it appears to be cut in half. There is nothing to base it on and you have to get the book to
    find out more about it.
    The site Daveyboy gave is interesting. I checked out Oscar Wilde's chat. Real or not, it was most amusing!

Jazbabee Guest
    I have to agree - too much technology can add up to a lot of tom foolery - I just need more compelling evidence/proof

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Although one can simply dismiss such things as fallacies or simply the byproduct of those who have too much time on their hands, I think otherwise. The field of parapsychology is one that is just now starting to be more seriously researched. It's a fascinating delve into the unknown-- and we shouldn't be so quick to reject what we do not yet know or understand.

I agree. When you look at an iceberg, you see the big mountain of ice above the surface, but not the larger portion beneath. Doesn't mean it's not there just because YOU can't see it. I have a healthy skepticism about much of this, but there is way too much anecdotal evidence accumulating, and I think science is slowly but surely heading for a breakthrough in the parapsychology field.

Loving the links!
    Did anyone watch the show Dead famous...where they try to investigate areas that are haunted by famous celeb ghosts?

Loving the links!
    Did anyone watch the show Dead famous...where they try to investigate areas that are haunted by famous celeb ghosts?
    I watch that, on Sunday nights. I prefer "Ghosthunters" on SciFi channel though

I like them both...especially when they find evps!

GaSpartan Guest

John Denver

One of the most under-appreciated musicians of our time. In the end, what remained of him was scooped up in three plastic bags...what a shame. At least he didn't suffer.

Noelle Page Guest
    Agree, he was great. I was always intrigued by Wifey number two.....now how did that marriage break up again? An affair?

GaSpartan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Agree, he was great. I was always intrigued by Wifey number two.....now how did that marriage break up again? An affair?
    Well I'm not sure but from what I'm told, she was a gold digger and would have dumped him sooner or later.

Jazbabee Guest
    I believe his music was also under appreciated. I enjoyed his acting also (even tho a bit corny at times !!)

He loved to play golf too.

He co-founded The Hunger Project, along with Werner Erhard and Robert W. Fuller. Denver served for many years, and supported the organization until his death. He was also appointed by President Jimmy Carter to serve on the President's Commission on World Hunger. He wrote and dedicated the song "I Want to Live" as the theme song for the Hunger Project.

Kathyf Guest
    He seemed like a great guy.

Annie's song gets me every time

Rocky Mountain High is a favorite. He left us too soon.

Jazbabee Guest
    Annies Song, Shanghai Breezes and Calypso were favorites for me

ComputerGuy Guest
    He took off in his experimental plane from Hancock Municipal Airport, Santa Maria, My home town!!

Elizabeth Guest

Curious....

I have always been curious about that second marriage to Cassandra....I remember when he was married to Annie, it was a big deal that he was supposedly sterile but BOOM he gets married to Cassie and she got pregnant....hmmmmm....

I loved John Denver and saw him in concert in '81 or '82......what an awesome talent, as a songwriter and singer......I love "Perhaps Love" and of course "Annie's Song"......

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Leaving on a Jet Plane was a great song that he wrote and put him on the map as a songwriter...Peter, Paul & Mary made the song famous...I'm not sure that there isn't something ironic about it

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I have always been curious about that second marriage to Cassandra....I remember when he was married to Annie, it was a big deal that he was supposedly sterile but BOOM he gets married to Cassie and she got pregnant....hmmmmm....
    I had read somewhere that John was suspicious about possibly not being the father of the baby, but accepted it as his own anyway.

mgpm Guest
    Sad and tragic death. When will celebrities learn NOT to pilot their own planes?

Dr.Dot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Leaving on a Jet Plane was a great song that he wrote and put him on the map as a songwriter...Peter, Paul & Mary made the song famous...I'm not sure that there isn't something ironic about it
    Well, when you consider that the aircraft he was flying was actually a prop aircraft....no jets involved, you see.

Quote Originally Posted by mgpm
    Sad and tragic death. When will celebrities learn NOT to pilot their own planes?
    Probably when people stop flying.

I could TRY to explain it, but if you're not a pilot (and I am), it's very difficult to try to explain.

See, being a recovering Californian (escaped 1996), I can honestly say that the only thing that I miss about the entire state are the sunsets. And there's NO better way of viewing a California sunset than when behind the controls of a small plane. Nowhere else can you see the falls of Yosemite in full flower at lunch, and make it back in time for a sunset over the pacific, all in the same day. It gives an unprecedented level of freedom and grandeur.

Something else about flying: There is a *LOT* of money in General Aviation. I know. I put a good deal of it there myself. To say that it's pricy would be one of the grosser understatements, exceeded only by "You can have a bit of fun flying."

Yes, it was tragic, doubly so in it's avoidability.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    He took off in his experimental plane from Hancock Municipal Airport, Santa Maria, My home town!!

Santa Maria...home of the Tri-Tip

John Denver was a trip. Loved his songs. Especially after a few drinks they are fun to sing along to. My mom wasn't a fan because she said he was a nudist and sounded like his voicebox was backwards. I remember him performing on The Muppet Show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nHGlE06y0

Elizabeth Guest

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Santa Maria...home of the Tri-Tip

John Denver was a trip. Loved his songs. Especially after a few drinks they are fun to sing along to. My mom wasn't a fan because she said he was a nudist and sounded like his voicebox was backwards. I remember him performing on The Muppet Show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nHGlE06y0
    So very cute and special--thanks for the link!!!

I was a big fan as a young teen. When he died, I felt like a part of my childhood died, too- not to be over-dramatic, but we've probably all had an experience like that.

The FAD website entry for John Denver explains a possible reason for the crash really well. It sounded like the fuel tank switch was _behind_ the pilot, which was a bad design flaw. It could have contributed to the crash, based on opinions expressed on his entry at FAD.

john denver is heavy on my mind today for some reason. so i will bump his thread!

"sunshine on my shoulders, makes me happy!"
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

44. 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by divaghosty View Post
    I love Thank God I'm a Country Boy! So fun to sing along to! Also, Scott's write up on him was GREAT!
    that's a really good one. his write up on fad was very good, but really sad.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    You know what's really creepy? How that boy managed to make me download spam-crazy Realplayer. Now, that's some scary power from the other side. Seriously though, it's all a bunch of malarky -- psychics, ghosts, orbs, bleh.
    I tend to agree...

Jazbabee Guest
    Does anyone know where his children are, or what they are doing now ??

did anybody see the South Park where they poke fun at John's death. I didn't see it, but what I heard was in an amusement park there was a ride where a plane filled with people keeps crashing into a mountain over and over again. The ride was called "The John Denver Experience".

49. 02-05-2008, 07:47 AM

OK now that's freaky

It DOES look like him!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

read FAD on john denver. great piece! horrid death, even more horrid when scott tells it lmao
    pull the string!

It'd be nice if they had another clear shot of the woman who's in the first pic so we'd be able to compare her features to the spirit pic too. Sometimes these things are just coincidences, I think.