Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inmates' and Death Hags' Final Meal Requests

magblax Guest

Inmates' and Death Hags' Final Meal Requests

This is an interesting site http://www.deadmaneating.com/

For some reason the last meal choice of the condemed has always facinated me. My personal choice would be Fried Chicken, Cole Slaw, Diet Coke, and something chocolate.

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    This is an interesting site http://www.deadmaneating.com/

For some reason the last meal choice of the condemed has always facinated me. My personal choice would be Fried Chicken, Cole Slaw, Diet Coke, and something chocolate.
    Yes this meal sounds PERFECT to me, except what the hell, I'm being executed in 12 hours...Dr. Pepper, not diet, to drink. And maybe some HoHos.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissypoo View Post
    Yes this meal sounds PERFECT to me, except what the hell, I'm being executed in 12 hours...Dr. Pepper, not diet, to drink. And maybe some HoHos.
    What is up with the Dr. Pepper?

The Texas prison system had a page up a while back where you could directly view the last meals of the condemned. Texas is a state that is dead keen on capital punishment, let me tell you.

And though it's been a while since I saw the page, the one thing that always stood out in my mind was how many murderers and other big-time bad guys asked for Dr. Pepper as part of their last meal.

What's the story there? I'm not sure that the Dr. Pepper people would want their beverage to be known as the Official Beverage of Murderers and Other Seriously Naughty People.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I'd like a chicken carbonara sandwich from Quiznos, a side salad, coke and one almond joy.

MorbidMolly Guest
    MMMMMMMMM......Dr. Pepper.....I`m happy

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    What is up with the Dr. Pepper?

The Texas prison system had a page up a while back where you could directly view the last meals of the condemned. Texas is a state that is dead keen on capital punishment, let me tell you.

And though it's been a while since I saw the page, the one thing that always stood out in my mind was how many murderers and other big-time bad guys asked for Dr. Pepper as part of their last meal.

What's the story there? I'm not sure that the Dr. Pepper people would want their beverage to be known as the Official Beverage of Murderers and Other Seriously Naughty People.

I can answer this. I am from Huintsville and live a block away from where they do the executions. DP has been a big part of my life down here. I noticed up north they didnt have DP as much, but mainly coke. Here coke is not as popular as DP. Its just what i have grew up on lol.

mommafreak Guest
    i'd order something that took a long time to prepare. but you can't put off the enivetable i suppose. i don't know, how can you eat knowing your heart is going to stop hours later? i'd need a diaper from peeing my pants.

Carrie Guest
    I would ask for a little taste of EVERYTHING...and a beer.

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh004 View Post
    I can answer this. I am from Huintsville and live a block away from where they do the executions. DP has been a big part of my life down here. I noticed up north they didnt have DP as much, but mainly coke. Here coke is not as popular as DP. Its just what i have grew up on lol.
    Dr. Pepper is my liquid crack. I'll usually have a diet, but if hungover (or facing iminent death I suppose) NUTHIN beats a regular, NOT DIET Dr. Pepper. I'm not from the south, have actually grown up on the west coast, but there's something about the stuff that's just addicting. Plus you can't just get it anywhere.... You can always find a coke or pepsi in any vending machine, fast food restaurant, or mini-mart, but Dr. Pepper isn't as widely available. Those killers have been in prison for years...maybe they've had the opportunity for Coke or Pepsi at some point during their stint on death row, but not the beloved Dr. Pepper. The stuff is oddly comforting. Maybe it reminds them of their childhood or something.

Cool site... I always wondered what death row folks eat as a last meal.
    I thought about setting up a site like this, but I see it's been done!
    --john

Maybe they just like Dr.Pepper... it's not such an uncommon beverage to ask for. I would ask for Root Beer personally.

Ree Guest
    Very interesting site! I dont know if I could eat knowing what was ahead of me. If I could I know there would be a HUGE piece of cheesecake on my plate. A steak might be nice too.

xenaswolf Guest
    DP originated in Texas, Dublin or Weatherford I can't remember which, but think Dublin. Its one of those drinks you either love or you hate

DeadRinger Guest
    I'm actually a vegetarian, but if I was on death row, fuck my principles. Which is probably something I've already done considering that I would be sitting on death row in the first place.

kelbons Guest
    Chicken scampi, Cherry Coke and a honkin' piece of vanilla bean cheesecake... YESSIR!!

I do Weight Watchers, so I'd have to be dying before I could have any of those...

ComputerGuy Guest
    Fillet Mignon, with baby mushrooms marinated in garlic butter, Asparagus au gratin, baby potatoes baked with carrots almandien, and then a big fat joint

Cold Cut Combo from Subway, on white please, loaded veggies( no onions) and lightly mayoed, a 2 liter btl of wild cherry pepsi, a bag of puffy cheetos, and 2 butterfinger candy bars

Then I'll go LOL

hlh004 Guest
    ohhh
    cheese enchalads with rice and beans, queso and hot sauce and chips, dp, pint of cookies and cream blue bell ice cream to wash it down

magblax Guest
    ohhh
    cheese enchalads with rice and beans, queso and hot sauce and chips, dp, pint of cookies and cream blue bell ice cream to wash it down

YES! Blue Bell would definately be on my list. Oh, and the diet coke would be changed to regular.

A nice big fat juicy steak, a hunkin' lobster tail with melted butter on the side, a big baked potato loaded with butter, sour cream and melted cheddar cheese, and some peas on the side.

For dessert - a chocolate sundae - loaded with whipped cream, nuts, and hot fudge. Cherry on the top too.

I'd at least try and have a heart attack on my own than fry in an electric chair!!

Danny62 Guest
    Well lets hope I never find out!

Um Kentucky Fried Chicken with loads of the fake Mashed Potatoes and cole slaw, and a chocolate pie.

And a huge pepsi to wash it all down with!!!

Original not extra crispy please...

Shes Not There Guest
    ohhh
    Yummy, I'll have the exact same, except unlike most native Texans, I'll have a Coke. DP is just too sweet for my taste. And I want queso poured over my beans and rice!

Cemetry Gates Guest
    I would have buffalo wings, french fries from Tony's cable car, a salami sandwich with pickles on a sourdough roll and Haagen Dazs Belgian Choc choc chip for dessert.
    And a room-temp Diet Dr. P and a sweet iced tea.

I'd totally barf if I ate all that food, but why not go wild on your last day on Earth?
    You notice some people eat everyday like it's their last day on Earth? Carpe Diem I guess.

Lurkster Guest
    I'd have a hamburger steak with onions and gravy, home fries, hushpuppies, sweet slaw, onion rings and fried green tomatoes. For dessert, I'd have an entire Edwards chocolate pie. I'd wash all of that down with a 3 liter Pepsi. I'd feel kind of sorry for the poor bastard who would have to clean my drawers after the execution, but not enough to not eat all of what I just mentioned. LMAO!

ST Moron Guest
    Thanks very much for the breakdown.

I knew there had to be some rational explanation for the marked Dr. P preference among Death Row inmates. And since they're simply a subset of the larger "Pepper People" population, it makes sense that they'd want to have their favorite beverage One Last Time before they Punt Big.

Danny62 Guest

Meals to die for

In 2004, Brian Price, a former inmate who once worked in a prison kitchen in Huntsville, Texas, published a book (Meals to Die For) featuring the recipes for many of the 220 "last meals" which he prepared for death row prisoners, along with his personal recollections of their executions. Among the recipes? "Post-mortem potato soup," "Uh-oh I'm dead meat loaf," and "Rice rigor mortis."[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Kathyf Guest
    Thats interesting. I am going to look on Amazon.

PvN73 Guest
    I heard of that book - I will have to check amazon if it is still available. thanks for the reminder Danny!
    I already have Elvis' receipes - there is no way in hell I am ever going to cook one of those - maybe I will put one on the receipe thread!

qulevergrrl Guest

Last Meals

What would your last meal be? I need to think about mine, since I really dig food. I thought I'd get the thread going though...

Buffalo Wings. A lot of them.

leevancleef Guest
    Probably a lasagna or canneloni, good mexican food and a niiiice glass of red wine.

donetodeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    What would your last meal be? I need to think about mine, since I really dig food. I thought I'd get the thread going though...
    Do you mean if you were on death row,or a last meal in general?

MbalmR Guest
    I'd probably just ask for the wine. A LOT of it.

But OK............Alaskan King Crab legs with drawn butter, baked potato with loads of butter, sour cream and salt (who gives a shit NOW,) a small cut of Prime Rib with au jus, and a big cup of frozen chocolate custard. Screw the fresh salad and vegetables.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I'd probably just ask for the wine. A LOT of it.

But OK............Alaskan King Crab legs with drawn butter, baked potato with loads of butter, sour cream and salt (who gives a shit NOW,) a small cut of Prime Rib with au jus, and a big cup of frozen chocolate custard. Screw the fresh salad and vegetables.

Shit. Make that 2, to go preferablly

poppie Guest
    Several dozen steamed clams and melted garlic butter, a top quality ribeye steak, sourdough bread, lots of butter. Some home fries and if my stomach can hold it, warm apple pie with ice cream.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    and a big cup of frozen chocolate custard.
    Share that with me please, YUMMY!

shellileigh Guest
    My grandmothers smothered steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls, Coke, and concut pie.

Appetizer: Canapes, they gotta have salmon, avocado, black caviar, smoked oysters, jarlsberg cheese, bacon, parma ham, gherkin, intermixed of course.

Soup: Lobster bisque
    Entree: Antipasta platter

Sorbet: Lemon of course

Main: Grilled lamb cutlets (only the finest, dressed, marinated over night in olive oil, fresh rosemary and cracked black pepper) finished with a port wine sauce made from deglazing the skillet.
    Vegetable: Pomme noisette, fresh asparigus toped with hollandaise sauce, sauted portabello mushrooms and julienne of carrot simmered in orange juice.

Dessert: Chocolate pudding (yummo, my mums recipe)

Cheese platter

Cigars (monte christo No 4) and port.

Prepared to cook it myself if need be.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-08-2007 at 05:53 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

qulevergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    Do you mean if you were on death row,or a last meal in general?
    Either. I know a lot of people might think that they couldn't eat if they knew they were going to die. I'm even one of those...so just whichever you think.

I would choose my own chicken picatta recipe, but someone else would have to prepare it. My grandmother's scalloped potatoe recipe, asparagus and artichokes, start out with a baguette stuffed with brie cheese and escargot that is oven baked. Finish it all off with Mississippi mud cake (my aunt's recipe) and the coldest ever glass of 1% milk.

There are some correctional facilities that will make family recipes and some that will even go to up to three different fast food or restaurants to get what inmates request. So mine is on the assumption that they would use my specific recipes.

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Appetizer: Canapes, they gotta have salmon, avocado, black caviar, smoked oysters, jarlsberg cheese, bacon, parma ham, gherkin, intermixed of course.

Oh boy, im sooo hungry right now! DELICIOUS!

Main: Grilled lamb cutlets (only the finest, dressed, marinated over night in olive oil, fresh rosemary and cracked black pepper) finished with a port wine sauce made from deglazing the skillet.
    Vegetable: Pomme noisette, fresh asparigus toped with hollandaise sauce, sauted portabello mushrooms and julienne of carrot simmered in orange juice.

Cheese platter

Great point Neil.. I didn't even think of cigars! One word: COHIBAS.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Fried chicken, biscuits and gravy,fried potatoes,diet dr pepper

qulevergrrl Guest
    just out of curiosity, who changed my thread name? that wasn't necessarily what i meant when i started it, so it kinda changed the meaning.

leevancleef Guest
    i think they just put your thread inside another one who talked about the same subject.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    just out of curiosity, who changed my thread name? that wasn't necessarily what i meant when i started it, so it kinda changed the meaning.
    I didn't change the thread name, but I did merge your thread with another thread that also already had people giving the same answers. (Magblax posted her "Last Meal" in the first post and others followed suit; it wasn't necessary to have two threads regarding this.) However, I will change the name of the thread to reflect that it is about "Last Meals" in general.

46. 12-08-2007, 06:07 PM

donetodeath Guest
    I don't think your allowed alcohol,and from what i have read if you were going vier the electric chair i would avoid food altogether.It can end up pretty messy.

mgpm Guest
    I think I'd go for four pints of Ben and Jerry's creme brulee ice cream and eat myself into a sugar coma.

xenaswolf Guest

Cheese platter

ROFLMAO! Well you probably would be sent a big mac with a request like that, but hey, no harm in asking!

deathybrad Guest
    How about a complete thanksgiving meal.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    I'm actually a vegetarian...
    There you go, die of malnutrition before the man can kill you!