Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kennedy

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Here's Sirhan Sirhan's most recent mug shot, from Corcoran Correctional in CA.

My friend worked as a prison guard at Soladad Prison for years before she retired. She said he was a "Model Prisoner". Never any problems, always polite. My thought... Regrets: bet he wishes he could go back to 1968 and change his choices.
    Quote: NOVA: I also heard that Ethel was involved because she was sick of his "no birth control" rule. Love this, priceless!

Tracyb24 Guest
    I read Dr. Thomas Noguchi's book Coroner. He concluded that Sirhan was to close to kennedy to have shot him. Of course, he went into all the detail as to why he believed this. Noguchi seemed to really know his stuff but I have no opinion either way. Just thought i'd add this tidbit of info.

octobersky Guest
    This has always fascinated me. I am going to get a few of the books that were mentioned so that I can learn more.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    Noguchi was also dismissed for a while from his post as coroner after these findings, although the department said it was for something like 'misconduct'.
    I know. He always seemed to maintain that no one wanted him to "rock the boat" so to speak. Who knows. It is interesting, but way before my time for me to say.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence71 View Post
    ...NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    He does look like The Soup Nazi!

Taggerez Guest
    That video is from a 1967 television debate wherein RFK and Reagan faced questions from a panel of anti-American young foreigners. Bobby Kennedy ran from most of the questions while Reagan stood up and stood well for the USA.

But the reason Bobby was so silent and reluctant to answer the question of the Diem regime in South Vietnam was that he knew that he and big brother JFK approved Diem's assassination. JFK got us deeply involved in Vietnam but gets little "credit."

If you watch the entire debate, Reagan is a very good, very effective debater. He comes across as intelligent and answers all the questions (which tended to be pretty fatuous) head-on. Bobby comes off weak and ineffective and even bored sometimes.

8. 01-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Actor Robert Vaughn says Onassis had Robert Kennedy assassinated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1111444/I-know-Bobby-Kennedys-murder-actor-friend-Robert-Vaughn.html

It's amazing how these Hollywood liberals just can't get over the Kennedys.

some amateur video of RFK and LBJ campaigning in Buffalo on Oct 3/64:

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sj7jh8J9cI

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    I'm hoping one of you Hollywood Hags can answer this question for me. I've looked all over the internet and can't find the answer. How much of the Ambassador hotel was still intact when Emilio Estevez filmed some of his movie "Bobby" there? Does anyone know which scenes were actually filmed at the hotel and which scenes had to be shot on a set, because the Ambassador was being torn down during the filming? Mucho thanks, to any of you who may have info about this!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

lisalouver Guest
    Noguchi was also dismissed for a while from his post as coroner after these findings, although the department said it was for something like 'misconduct'.
    Noguchi was eventually "let go" from his position totally due to his facination with the press and being famous.

It is the one reason that I have always had issues with him. He wanted to be a star more than a Medical Examiner.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    Great video, thanks!

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    You can see on the video that the doctor was talking to RFK and that RFK's lips were moving, so I guess he was still alive and able to respond right after the shooting.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Twobeatlesleft View Post
    You can see on the video that the doctor was talking to RFK and that RFK's lips were moving, so I guess he was still alive and able to respond right after the shooting.
    I believe that his words after being shot were "Is everyone all right" or something like that.

Screwtape Guest
    Oh, and...got him.

17. 03-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    He did it in front of a ton of people. I don't know how anybody could assume he didn't.

From what I've read, no one disputes that Sirhan was in front of RFK in the pantry/kitchen. His major head injury was from a bullet wound behind his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    NOVA: I also heard that Ethel was involved because she was sick of his "no birth control" rule. Love this, priceless!
    How about just instituting a "no sex" rule then? No need to go through such extremes as actually having one's husband executed. Besides, Ethel wanted to be First Lady more than anything on earth. She never would have done it.

Interestingly enough, Obama's buddy William Ayres actually dedicates a book to Sirhan, doesn't he? Maybe Obama will pardon him.

Lucy Riccardo Guest

Robert Kennedy arrives at hospital

In reply to one of the earlier posts, all of Robert Kennedy's wounds were from behind as well as the wound behind the ear.
    Also here are 2 photos of Robert going to and at the hospital.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Nice pics LR...haven`t seen those

where did you find these pictures lucy ???

the guy in the white shirt is RFK's bodyguard Bill Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Today they announced that from these videos that they think there was another person involved with the shooting. There were 13 shots fired. I listened to this 4 times . They do wonders with these things now. Too late I am sure to find out if there really was as Sirhan says he does not remember killing him. Did he do it?OL
    Another million dollar question.
    I didn't realize there was a conspiracy theory attached to this one as well. There's even a conspiracy theory attached to the John Lennon murder. "The shot that killed him couldn't possibly have come from Chapman." Like there was someone shooting at John Lennon (of all people) at the same time Chapman was. Riiiight.

My favorite conspiracy right now is that Lennon was actually killed by Stephen King. Google it. It is hilarious.

kelbons Guest
    I swear I've seen autopsy pics of RFK. Not sure where... maybe the Autopsy/Dr. Baden show that was on HBO?

Here's the only one I can find...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	14256  

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    where did you find these pictures lucy ???

the guy in the white shirt is RFK's bodyguard Bill Barry.
    The pics are awesome, although for some reason, the O2 mask looks like a clown nose to me.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    My favorite conspiracy right now is that Lennon was actually killed by Stephen King. Google it. It is hilarious.
    Yea, thats on the Lennon thread here. Unbelieveable.

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    I swear I've seen autopsy pics of RFK. Not sure where... maybe the Autopsy/Dr. Baden show that was on HBO?

Here's the only one I can find...
    I suppose this is another magic bullet theory? I don't understand how if there was "only one shooter" and S.S. was in front of him that he would be shot behind the ear.

here is the complete RFK autopsy (no pictures as they were never released):

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=31989&relPageId=1

MorbidMolly Guest
    here is the complete RFK autopsy (no pictures as they were never released):

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=31989&relPageId=1

Kewl

stay_zee Guest
    I took me ages to figure out that was a hand with a glove on it. It looked like something else.
    ha ha. I just stared at that for like 3 minutes wondering why there was some weird little peen in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    That was a terrible day. I believe he truly wanted to help people and that may be why he was shot. Hopefully this time things will be different. Shirhan Shirhan rot in hell you motherfucker!
    You make a good point, you almost never hear anything bad
    happening to a right wing politician they always seem to just
    die of old age.
    I also think he wanted to help people but at least his children
    and his wife and whole family are still doing his work after all
    these years after his murder.

Yankees public address announcer, Bob Sheppard, asks for a moment of silence, June 8/68:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OagSLkS0CgU

While googling different things this evening, I learned that Robert and Ethel met on a skiing trip to Mount Tremblant resort in Quebec. This is also the same place that Natasha Richardson had her fatal fall.

Impatience Guest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1111444/I-know-Bobby-Kennedys-murder-actor-friend-Robert-Vaughn.html

he may have read the book "nemesis". it alleges the same thing. i can't remember who the author is, as my mom has my book, but he was AO's authorized biographer. His sources were legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
    he may have read the book "nemesis". it alleges the same thing. i can't remember who the author is, as my mom has my book, but he was AO's authorized biographer. His sources were legit.
    by Peter Evans:

http://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Aristotle-Onassis-Triangle-Kennedys/dp/0060580542/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249092790&sr=1-1

Onassis is a convenient target for the conspiracy bunch.

Impatience Guest
    i love how the word "liberals" has become synonomous with something that is, imo, something that is akin to "nazis" nowadays, again, imo.

One of my favorite JFK quotes:

"If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a Liberal.'" ~ John F. Kennedy [September 14, 1960]

STsFirstmate Guest
    Sirhan still had the gun in his hand. He was grabbed by Rafer Johnson who was one of Bobbies personal security people and supporters. Rafer ended up breaking Sirhan's wrist getting the gun away from him.
    Johnson was an Olympic Decathalon champion and broke several color barriers becoming the first black athelete to win the Sullivan award which is the higest award that can be given to an amature athalete.
    He later became an actor and was in several movies ala Jim Brown. My favorite was Sgt. Rutledge with Woody Strode.
    I think Sirhan did it. I remember sitting with my Mom and Dad the week before his death watching David Frost interview Kennedy. Kennedy said he was going to accelerate the sale of jet fighters to Israel during that interview.
    Sirhan later said that seeing that interview sealed his decision to kill Kennedy. I have often thought about the sitting there eating popcorn with my parents watching Bobby Kennedy sign his death warrant on TV.
    My whole family liked Bobby and my parents were devastated. I was working on his campaign and I still have the buttons and stuff they had issued to us. We were all sort of moved over to work on Hubert Humphrey's campaign and gosh was that a bummer.
    Of course now as an adult and having read how many times he tried to have Castro assassinated etc.. I don't have the same naive like of the man I did when I was younger. You would have had to have lived through that period to understand what it felt like to lose first JFK, Then Martin Luther King and then Bobby. I think I have my chronology right. It was awful and people were shell shocked and it was definately frightening and depressing times for people.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rafer Johnson.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	15360  
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 08-01-2009 at 06:15 PM.

LBJ offers condolences to Ted Kennedy on death of RFK - June 6/1968.

http://www.whitehousetapes.net/transcript/johnson/wh6806-01-13113

I'm pretty sure these were the days before presidential candidates had Secret Service protection. It was after this tragedy that that changed.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Impatience Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Sirhan still had the gun in his hand. He was grabbed by Rafer Johnson who was one of Bobbies personal security people and supporters. Rafer ended up breaking Sirhan's wrist getting the gun away from him.
    Johnson was an Olympic Decathalon champion and broke several color barriers becoming the first black athelete to win the Sullivan award which is the higest award that can be given to an amature athalete.
    He later became an actor and was in several movies ala Jim Brown. My favorite was Sgt. Rutledge with Woody Strode.
    I think Sirhan did it. I remember sitting with my Mom and Dad the week before his death watching David Frost interview Kennedy. Kennedy said he was going to accelerate the sale of jet fighters to Israel during that interview.
    Sirhan later said that seeing that interview sealed his decision to kill Kennedy. I have often thought about the sitting there eating popcorn with my parents watching Bobby Kennedy sign his death warrant on TV.
    My whole family liked Bobby and my parents were devastated. I was working on his campaign and I still have the buttons and stuff they had issued to us. We were all sort of moved over to work on Hubert Humphrey's campaign and gosh was that a bummer.
    Of course now as an adult and having read how many times he tried to have Castro assassinated etc.. I don't have the same naive like of the man I did when I was younger. You would have had to have lived through that period to understand what it felt like to lose first JFK, Then Martin Luther King and then Bobby. I think I have my chronology right. It was awful and people were shell shocked and it was definately frightening and depressing times for people.
    Regards,
    Mary
    there were too many people who say they saw sirhan sirhan fire the weapon to say that he was not involved. but it doesn't explain how sirhan sirhan was in front of robert kennedy and he (RFK) had a bullet hole behind his ear -- indicating that he was shot from behind as well.

STsFirstmate Guest
    there were too many people who say they saw sirhan sirhan fire the weapon to say that he was not involved. but it doesn't explain how sirhan sirhan was in front of robert kennedy and he (RFK) had a bullet hole behind his ear -- indicating that he was shot from behind as well.
    Every DA and Cop will tell you eye witnesses are the most unreliable evidence so who knows what really happened.
    Sirhan could have had a partern or been a patsy.
    Regards,
    Mary

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I believe that Rosey Grier grabbed the gun and broke Sirhan's arm in the process, I may be wrong....

Two Lost Souls Guest
    The thing that baffles me the most about this assassination is that Bobby made so many enemies over the course of his career, he took on the mob and Jimmy Hoffa, yet he gets killed by a 24 year old immigrant who was mad that Bobby verbally supported Israel. That is the most ridiculous, senseless thing I can imagine. He made such powerful enemies, you'd assume they would have been the ones to kill him. It's crazy.

For me, this has to be the biggest loss in politics. Bobby was gonna be a great President, I truly believe he was gonna change this country for the better. The man cared about people, he wanted to help the unfortunate the best he could. He fought for what he believed in...and got things done. Whether you agree with his politics or not, he was a great man and a great father.

It's so sad that he was taken before he got to show his true potential.

Two Lost Souls Guest

Wow, that's a pretty interesting article. Of course, I take everything with a grain of salt, but it does make you think.

If it's true that Onassis had a public grudge against Bobby, then that's really creepy that Jackie ended up marrying the guy.

And honestly, Bobby made so many enemies trying to do the right thing that it'd make more sense that one of them took him out.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    I believe that Rosey Grier grabbed the gun and broke Sirhan's arm in the process, I may be wrong....

Nope definately Rafer Johnson. I remember him being interviewed about it by David frost later.
    i think rosies big claim to fame besides football is that he is a knitting fool and he has a very hot cousin pam grier and OJ very likely confessed mirder to him when he visited him in jail. i have always loved Rosie. i remember the interview Rafer gave at the time so clearly and it seems like Rosies story has changed over time.
    Here is one article about the controversey.
    http://rememberingrfk.blogspot.com/2...usses-rfk.html
    I am going with Rafer. he also satyed close to Ethel and escorted her to many events and spent time with the kids.
    Regards,
    Mary

DJ's_Hub-Hag Guest
    I read a lot of books about Robert Kennedy, many of which had very strong evidence of a conspiracy to kill RFK ("RFK Must Die" is the one that comes to mind) and that Sirhan Sirhan was actually under hynosis when he was shooting Kennedy--a patsy to take the blame. This also can explain why Sirhan keep shooting shot after shot and the gun had to be wrestled out of his hand. After reading the book, I believe that there was indeed another gunman; someone that stayed very close to Kennedy that night and was behind Kennedy when he was shot behind the ear. The writer of the book strongly feels (and I'm convinced as well) that this was a man in a goldenrod sweater of Arab descent that had a gun disguised as a camera. After the assassination, this man, who was present in photos and on the film of the short congratulatory speech at the Ambassador Hotel close to and often behind Kennedy, disappeared and could not be found.
    Last edited by DJ's_Hub-Hag; 09-05-2009 at 06:49 PM.

After Grier's professional sports career he worked as a bodyguard for Robert Kennedy during the 1968 presidential campaign and was guarding the senator's wife, Ethel Kennedy, during the Robert F. Kennedy assassination. Although unable to prevent that killing, Grier took control of the gun and subdued the shooter, Sirhan Sirhan.

That's from Wiki so we know it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's_Hub-Hag View Post
    I read a lot of books about Robert Kennedy, many of which had very strong evidence of a conspiracy to kill RFK ("RFK Must Die" is the one that comes to mind) and that Sirhan Sirhan was actually under hynosis when he was shooting Kennedy--a patsy to take the blame. This also can explain why Sirhan keep shooting shot after shot and the gun had to be wrestled out of his hand. After reading the book, I believe that there was indeed another gunman; someone that stayed very close to Kennedy that night and was behind Kennedy when he was shot behind the ear. The writer of the book strongly feels (and I'm convinced as well) that this was a man in a goldenrod sweater of Arab descent that had a gun disguised as a camera. After the assassination, this man, who was present in photos and on the film of the short congratulatory speech at the Ambassador Hotel close to and often behind Kennedy, disappeared and could not be found.
    Dan Moldea's book THE KILLING OF ROBERT F KENNEDY is the best book on the assassination. The book is interesting in that Moldea started out believing in a conspiracy but in the end he concludes that Sirhan acted alone. He answers many of the questions which the LAPD did not. A great book.

And this is about Rafer. So it sounds like they were both there.

After this gold medal, Johnson ended his athletic career. In 1960, he began acting in motion pictures and worked as a sportscaster. In the 1963-1964 season, he appeared on an episode of ABCs drama about college life, Channing starring Jason Evers and Henry Jones. In 1968, he worked on the presidential election campaign of Robert F. Kennedy and was one of those present who helped wrestle Kennedy's assassin, Sirhan Sirhan to the floor. Sixteen years later, he was chosen to ignite the Olympic Flame during the opening ceremonies of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    And this is about Rafer. So it sounds like they were both there.

After this gold medal, Johnson ended his athletic career. In 1960, he began acting in motion pictures and worked as a sportscaster. In the 1963-1964 season, he appeared on an episode of ABCs drama about college life, Channing starring Jason Evers and Henry Jones. In 1968, he worked on the presidential election campaign of Robert F. Kennedy and was one of those present who helped wrestle Kennedy's assassin, Sirhan Sirhan to the floor. Sixteen years later, he was chosen to ignite the Olympic Flame during the opening ceremonies of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
    I was a senior in High School when all of this happened and I was working on Bobbies Campaign in Cincinnati ohio. I was all dewy eyed idealism and was just recovering from JFK's death and regaining some optomism.
    My mom and Dad woke me up and told me what happened. My Mom was crying and i was devastated.
    We were glued to every tv interview and and bought all the magazines Like, Look and the Saturday Evening post. I have them from JFK, RFK and MLK. My mother had me send a condolance note with a Mass card just as I did for jfk and I got a black bordered thank you note from the family as i did for jfk. With Martin luther king i got a small prayer book sent out by the family.
    none of this is second hand history for me it was a pivotal part of my coming of age. my family and i navigated through it together. it was as personal for us as if a family member had died.
    I feel like there is a gap for people between the death of robert Kennedy and 9/11 where young people have no equal frame of reference for what that was like. Maybe Reagan being shot maybe Lennon but not even close, maybe Challenger again not close.
    There is something to be said for life grabbing you by the lapel as a youngster and shaking you into realizing there is more than the Beatles, or the prom or whatever going on in the world. I think that never happened for a whole generation and they are poorer for it.
    Thats just my opinion based that bracket of young people I guess it would be generation X at this point that I encounter in business and life that are beyond self absorbed. Younger people seem to have developed some soul but that notch group seems beyond hope.
    Pretty harsh I guess but I can't figure out another reason to explain them.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 09-05-2009 at 08:15 PM.