Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 567

Thread: Jimi Hendrix

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,186
    I know I'm probably gonna catch it for this but I never really was a fan of Jimi's I know he has legions of em too..my husband being one of them..his opinion is Jimi..bar none.. was the best at what he did! I respect everyone's right to that opinion! Danny thanks for the info!very interesting! "skulks off to corner now"
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I know I'm probably gonna catch it for this but I never really was a fan of Jimi's I know he has legions of em too..my husband being one of them..his opinion is Jimi..bar none.. was the best at what he did! I respect everyone's right to that opinion! Danny thanks for the info!very interesting! "skulks off to corner now"
    I do admit I like All along the Watch Tower though!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,053
    He could play lead and just make incredible sounds like no other. Plus he played with his teeth or put the guitar behind his neck and kept the notes coming out.
    I wonder if having the guitar upside down had anything to do with getting those sounds.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I know I'm probably gonna catch it for this but I never really was a fan of Jimi's I know he has legions of em too..my husband being one of them..his opinion is Jimi..bar none.. was the best at what he did! I respect everyone's right to that opinion! Danny thanks for the info!very interesting! "skulks off to corner now"
    WhY would you catch crap for saying that? Every opinon counts on here! I love to read posts, good or bad!!!

    I was A HUGE fan in my teens. I still think he is awesome but don't listen to him as near as I used to!!!

    So come out of that corner!!!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    WhY would you catch crap for saying that? Every opinon counts on here! I love to read posts, good or bad!!!

    I was A HUGE fan in my teens. I still think he is awesome but don't listen to him as near as I used to!!!

    So come out of that corner!!!
    Awww thanks Danny!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,458
    Not sure if this was mentioned or anybody knew this already but I just learned of it a few days ago...

    "His mother named him John Allen Hendrix and raised him alone while his father, Al Hendrix, was off fighting in World War II. When his mother became sick from alcoholism, Hendrix was sent to live with relatives in Berkeley, California. When his father returned from Europe in 1945 he took back Hendrix, divorced his wife, and renamed him James Marshall Hendrix."


  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    east coast Australia
    Posts
    345
    any one here ever go to one his concerts?My ex boyfriend from long ago,his parents took him and his sister to a concert.They were only baby's.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    2,025
    did somebody eat lead paint chips as an infant...or did they mama drop them on they
    head when they was a baby...don't get me started

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I do admit I like All along the Watch Tower though!
    I've got that as my mobile phone ringtone!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I do admit I like All along the Watch Tower though!
    He is one of the few artists that when he did a cover song it was better than the original...at least in my opinion.

  11. #61
    It is not my job to blow sunshine up your ass!!!!

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by I see dead people View Post
    Nice Fucking picture. They are releasing a new verison of Monterey Pop.

    http://www.jimihendrix.com/index.php

    I know what I am asking Santa for!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,053
    Did he ever burn more than that one guitar?

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Did he ever burn more than that one guitar?
    I think he burned a few? He was more known for smashing them though.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Perpetual Sun
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    any one here ever go to one his concerts?My ex boyfriend from long ago,his parents took him and his sister to a concert.They were only baby's.
    Woodstock 1969...what a party!!!!

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Woodstock 1969...what a party!!!!

    Okay I am jealous! Did you stay for Jimi on Monday?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Valley of the Perpetual Sun
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Okay I am jealous! Did you stay for Jimi on Monday?

    Yes...August 18th was my birthday!!!!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    595
    Apparently one of his guitars was found a few years ago at a nightclub attic in the town where I live after he played there back in the 60's. The guy who found it auctioned it off for about £20,000!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Yes...August 18th was my birthday!!!!

    Serendipity, All I can say is "How fucking cool is that"

    I have the two disc DVD and watch it all the time!!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    Woodstock 1969...what a party!!!!
    Do you remember Sweetwater?

    Member since 10/10/07

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham, UK
    Posts
    595
    Thinking of you today on what would have been your 65th birthday.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023

    Pics from Jimi's Party and a Question

    Hey everyone...

    I'm new to this forum and came here to ask a question, but first a little background...

    I live kind of near where Jimi is buried so I went there today with flowers in hand for his 65th birthday. My first time visiting on his birthday, so I expected to see tons of flowers, poems, pictures, etc, but maybe that was just wishful hoping on my part. I got there around 2pm and stayed for a few hours. There were the standard flowers in the buckets around the memorial, which are probably paid for and maintained by the estate. There was a spray on the headstone. Of the two other times I visited the memorial, there weren't flowers on the headstone. In addition, fans had left 4 light blue silk roses, a poem, a couple of pictures, some guitar picks, a necklace, a plastic baggie with some hair clippings, a yellow rose, 16 cents and some insence. I left a bouquet. The cemetary director brought out a nice bouquet of maroon snap dragons and carnations and placed it on one of the benches inside the gazebo where the headstone is. I opened the card and it read "Happy Birthday Jimi" from Sharon. I wondered if it was from Sharon Lawrence and if she sends flowers every year. Several groups of people came and went during the time I was there, including folks from Canada and Los Angeles. A few locals dropped by and were very friendly with everyone who stopped in. Nice guys. They said the party really gets started after dark, but I had no intention of staying that long because I had a three hour drive back ahead of me. Maybe next year, but only if I take a friend along. Graveyards at night is something I've never done. Oh... we took a walk around to see if we could find Lucille Jeter Hendrix's grave stone because Jimi used to be buried next to her, but we could not find it. A worker said they moved her to the memorial site, but there was no marker indicating she was there. Anyway, I couldn't imagine Janie would ever allow that to happen unless she's had some sort of epiphany, which I doubt. It would be more like her to have the body moved there and then not put a marker for it. Whatever... that's a whole 'nother show I'd rather not watch.

    Also, two of the locals said there is a strong degree of speculation whether Jimi was actually buried at the new memorial. Word is he's buried somewhere in Seattle because there was concern over whether fans would try to rob his casket of the guitar that is buried with him. I remember reading about this before, so tried to Google it. That's how I ended up here. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I have read that there was a lot of controversy over moving the body even from the old location to the new memorial and that it almost did not happen.





  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Hey everyone...

    I'm new to this forum and came here to ask a question, but first a little background...

    I live kind of near where Jimi is buried so I went there today with flowers in hand for his 65th birthday. My first time visiting on his birthday, so I expected to see tons of flowers, poems, pictures, etc, but maybe that was just wishful hoping on my part. I got there around 2pm and stayed for a few hours. There were the standard flowers in the buckets around the memorial, which are probably paid for and maintained by the estate. There was a spray on the headstone. Of the two other times I visited the memorial, there weren't flowers on the headstone. In addition, fans had left 4 light blue silk roses, a poem, a couple of pictures, some guitar picks, a necklace, a plastic baggie with some hair clippings, a yellow rose, 16 cents and some insence. I left a bouquet. The cemetary director brought out a nice bouquet of maroon snap dragons and carnations and placed it on one of the benches inside the gazebo where the headstone is. I opened the card and it read "Happy Birthday Jimi" from Sharon. I wondered if it was from Sharon Lawrence and if she sends flowers every year. Several groups of people came and went during the time I was there, including folks from Canada and Los Angeles. A few locals dropped by and were very friendly with everyone who stopped in. Nice guys. They said the party really gets started after dark, but I had no intention of staying that long because I had a three hour drive back ahead of me. Maybe next year, but only if I take a friend along. Graveyards at night is something I've never done. Oh... we took a walk around to see if we could find Lucille Jeter Hendrix's grave stone because Jimi used to be buried next to her, but we could not find it. A worker said they moved her to the memorial site, but there was no marker indicating she was there. Anyway, I couldn't imagine Janie would ever allow that to happen unless she's had some sort of epiphany, which I doubt. It would be more like her to have the body moved there and then not put a marker for it. Whatever... that's a whole 'nother show I'd rather not watch.

    Also, two of the locals said there is a strong degree of speculation whether Jimi was actually buried at the new memorial. Word is he's buried somewhere in Seattle because there was concern over whether fans would try to rob his casket of the guitar that is buried with him. I remember reading about this before, so tried to Google it. That's how I ended up here. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I have read that there was a lot of controversy over moving the body even from the old location to the new memorial and that it almost did not happen.




    First welcome to the forum! I have never heard that but with his mental case step sister Janie I wouldn' t doubt he isn't buried there.

    I don't really care for Janie, They found Jimi's mom grave a few years back and Janie won't allow her to be buried at the family grave, did you see Lucile's grave there??

    But Janie's mom is buried there!!

    Maybe you can confirm that next time you are out there?

    Awesome pics though!!

    Again welcome!!

    Dan

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes, Ayoka (sp?) Al's 2nd wife of Asian decent and Janie's mom, is buried right next to Al at the front of the memorial in one of the plots that surrounds the memorial. In the first pic, you can see square stones in the grass. Those are plots that surround the gazebo where Jimi's headstone is. Those plots are where the various family members will be buried as they pass on. There was a new one since I last went in June, but I didn't write the name down. We were too busy partying. LOL!

    I'm really not sure how I feel about the possibility of Jimi not being buried at the memorial. I guess I have to be a family member to know how I would react, but as a death hag/fan, if I'm going to drive all the way up there to party with Jimi's bones, then they better be there!!! ...

    PS: That whole deal on the Black Panthers and murder theory... I read in one of the myriad books that Michael Jeffries was involved as a financial supporter with the Black Panthers and that pressure was being put on Jimi to play benefit concerts for them and that Jimi's overall lack of willingness to get behind the Panther cause is what ultimately wrote his death warrant. But, that's just one theory. It does seem way beyond coincidence that all three J's went within a short time. And knowing how the FBI latches onto rock stars. And also knowing that we will probably never know who really killed the Kennedys.

    PPS: Did anyone read Kathy Etchingham's book? I was tempted to buy it when it first came out, but by then I was at Hendrix saturation in terms of reading. I've since looked for it in a couple of stores, but can't find. Wondering if it's worth the $$. After the first 12 Hendrix books, you find yourself skipping over a lot. I really liked 'Scuse me While I Kiss The Sky, the way it was written and how the writer handled the part where Jimi died. Very surreal.

    (*Nice to find some fellow Hendrix fanatics and theorists.)
    Last edited by desertangel; 11-28-2007 at 04:37 AM.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes, Ayoka (sp?) Al's 2nd wife of Asian decent and Janie's mom, is buried right next to Al at the front of the memorial in one of the plots that surrounds the memorial. In the first pic, you can see square stones in the grass. Those are plots that surround the gazebo where Jimi's headstone is. Those plots are where the various family members will be buried as they pass on. There was a new one since I last went in June, but I didn't write the name down. We were too busy partying. LOL!

    I'm really not sure how I feel about the possibility of Jimi not being buried at the memorial. I guess I have to be a family member to know how I would react, but as a death hag/fan, if I'm going to drive all the way up there to party with Jimi's bones, then they better be there!!! ...

    PS: That whole deal on the Black Panthers and murder theory... I read in one of the myriad books that Michael Jeffries was involved as a financial supporter with the Black Panthers and that pressure was being put on Jimi to play benefit concerts for them and that Jimi's overall lack of willingness to get behind the Panther cause is what ultimately wrote his death warrant. But, that's just one theory. It does seem way beyond coincidence that all three J's went within a short time. And knowing how the FBI latches onto rock stars. And also knowing that we will probably never know who really killed the Kennedys.

    PPS: Did anyone read Kathy Etchingham's book? I was tempted to buy it when it first came out, but by then I was at Hendrix saturation in terms of reading. I've since looked for it in a couple of stores, but can't find. Wondering if it's worth the $$. After the first 12 Hendrix books, you find yourself skipping over a lot. I really liked 'Scuse me While I Kiss The Sky, the way it was written and how the writer handled the part where Jimi died. Very surreal.

    (*Nice to find some fellow Hendrix fanatics and theorists.)
    http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%...st%20Rock.html

    Hendrix was murdered! Check out the link!

    So if you go back see if you can see Lucille's grave. I think its bullshit she isn't allowed to be buried there, but janie's mom is!!!

    Janie didn't do anything, Hendrix is the one who is making that hag rich!!

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%...st%20Rock.html

    Hendrix was murdered! Check out the link!

    So if you go back see if you can see Lucille's grave. I think its bullshit she isn't allowed to be buried there, but janie's mom is!!!

    Janie didn't do anything, Hendrix is the one who is making that hag rich!!
    More twisties, in case ya didn't already know...

    It's rumoured that Monika D. may have been getting ready to spill the proverbial beans over Jimi's death is why she overdosed in 1996. She had lost a court battle to Kathy E. and was said to be depressed over the whole deal. Then Kathy comes out with a book that basically reiterated Jimi's drug addiction. I believe Monika was ready to recant her original story. Then the ambulance driver speaks up about the crime scene. http://www.t001.freeserve.co.uk/guitar/jimi/monika.htm

    http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/Chapter12.htm - is that the same link posted earlier in this thread? Anyway, I remember seeing a video with one of the ambulance drivers where he described the bed where they found Jimi, said it was covered with fresh red wine, which coincides with the whole forced scenario. I also read another thing that said that's one method in which hit men kill people. So the ambulance guy said he hadn't said anything until now because he was afraid, but he felt it was time for the facts to be known before they're lost forever. Makes me wonder if ambulance guy is still alive after his public confession. Stories like that that are contrary are usually chalked up to someone trying to cash in.

    I also found an interview where Billy (or Buddy) more recently stated that Jimi had been cutting way back on drug use in the latter part of his life because he wanted to take his music in other directions and felt the drugs were keeping him from doing that. So the idea of an overdose was hard for him to believe. I can't find the link, for some reason.

    Also, Jimi's alleged son, James Sundquist seeking sex change http://www.theangels.co.uk/article.asp?id=162

    I wouldn't want to be in the Hendrix camp. I think Leon is the black sheep, even as a kid. That's a tough way to live. From the research I've done, it seems Janie only met Jimi once. Al probably chose her to "run the business" because she seemed more capable. As a fan, I don't agree that she merchandises Jimi like Elvis. I don't need a Jimi Hendrix coffee mug, but I am grateful for all the recordings that have been released.

    Next year I'll go again and stay the night in case there's lots of partying. I'll also ask the office staff where Lucille is located. If they give me the runaround, then I'll know something is up.

    Did you know Jim Morrison is living in southern Oregon on a horse ranch and has appeared in independent movies as a cowboy? I work with a guy who claims to have talked to someone who has talked with Jim. He says Jim is ready to reveal himself and tour again but his wife has pleaded with him not to because she's afraid it will ruin their lives and she likes life on the ranch with Jim.

    So many musical possibilities silenced forever. That's the real crime. I think those people in DC have been reading Mein Kampf.
    Last edited by desertangel; 11-29-2007 at 03:26 AM.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    More twisties, in case ya didn't already know...

    It's rumoured that Monika D. may have been getting ready to spill the proverbial beans over Jimi's death is why she overdosed in 1996. She had lost a court battle to Kathy E. and was said to be depressed over the whole deal. Then Kathy comes out with a book that basically reiterated Jimi's drug addiction. I believe Monika was ready to recant her original story. Then the ambulance driver speaks up about the crime scene. http://www.t001.freeserve.co.uk/guitar/jimi/monika.htm

    http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/Chapter12.htm - is that the same link posted earlier in this thread? Anyway, I remember seeing a video with one of the ambulance drivers where he described the bed where they found Jimi, said it was covered with fresh red wine, which coincides with the whole forced scenario. I also read another thing that said that's one method in which hit men kill people. So the ambulance guy said he hadn't said anything until now because he was afraid, but he felt it was time for the facts to be known before they're lost forever. Makes me wonder if ambulance guy is still alive after his public confession. Stories like that that are contrary are usually chalked up to someone trying to cash in.

    I also found an interview where Billy (or Buddy) more recently stated that Jimi had been cutting way back on drug use in the latter part of his life because he wanted to take his music in other directions and felt the drugs were keeping him from doing that. So the idea of an overdose was hard for him to believe. I can't find the link, for some reason.

    Also, Jimi's alleged son, James Sundquist seeking sex change http://www.theangels.co.uk/article.asp?id=162

    I wouldn't want to be in the Hendrix camp. I think Leon is the black sheep, even as a kid. That's a tough way to live. From the research I've done, it seems Janie only met Jimi once. Al probably chose her to "run the business" because she seemed more capable. As a fan, I don't agree that she merchandises Jimi like Elvis. I don't need a Jimi Hendrix coffee mug, but I am grateful for all the recordings that have been released.

    Next year I'll go again and stay the night in case there's lots of partying. I'll also ask the office staff where Lucille is located. If they give me the runaround, then I'll know something is up.

    Did you know Jim Morrison is living in southern Oregon on a horse ranch and has appeared in independent movies as a cowboy? I work with a guy who claims to have talked to someone who has talked with Jim. He says Jim is ready to reveal himself and tour again but his wife has pleaded with him not to because she's afraid it will ruin their lives and she likes life on the ranch with Jim.

    So many musical possibilities silenced forever. That's the real crime. I think those people in DC have been reading Mein Kampf.
    Wow! So much great info! Can't wait to get home from work and go thru it!

    In the book "Room full or Mirrors" by charles cross the first chapter talks about Lucilles grave. Charles deserves alot of credit he helped find it!

    But from what I understand Janie would not allow Lucille to be buried in the family plot!

    But you gotta think Hendrix would in no way like the way most of his legacy has been handled!!

    He would never have allowed his songs to be used in commercials!

    Great post!!

    Thanks

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    I found this on Jimi and I have to say it is pretty cool. After reading the story, check out the site.

    http://www.hollywoodhangover.com/rick_schultze_page.htm
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Did you know Jim Morrison is living in southern Oregon on a horse ranch and has appeared in independent movies as a cowboy? I work with a guy who claims to have talked to someone who has talked with Jim. He says Jim is ready to reveal himself and tour again but his wife has pleaded with him not to because she's afraid it will ruin their lives and she likes life on the ranch with Jim.
    You mean this guy: http://www.rodeoswest.com/

    Please. That ain't Jim Morrison.

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    More twisties, in case ya didn't already know...

    It's rumoured that Monika D. may have been getting ready to spill the proverbial beans over Jimi's death is why she overdosed in 1996. She had lost a court battle to Kathy E. and was said to be depressed over the whole deal. Then Kathy comes out with a book that basically reiterated Jimi's drug addiction. I believe Monika was ready to recant her original story. Then the ambulance driver speaks up about the crime scene. http://www.t001.freeserve.co.uk/guitar/jimi/monika.htm

    http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/Chapter12.htm - is that the same link posted earlier in this thread? Anyway, I remember seeing a video with one of the ambulance drivers where he described the bed where they found Jimi, said it was covered with fresh red wine, which coincides with the whole forced scenario. I also read another thing that said that's one


    method in which hit men kill people. So the ambulance guy said he hadn't said anything until now because he was afraid, but he felt it was time for the facts to be known before they're lost forever. Makes me wonder if ambulance guy is still alive after his public confession. Stories like that that are contrary are usually chalked up to someone trying to cash in.

    I also found an interview where Billy (or Buddy) more recently stated that Jimi had been cutting way back on drug use in the latter part of his life because he wanted to take his music in other directions and felt the drugs were keeping him from doing that. So the idea of an overdose was hard for him to believe. I can't find the link, for some reason.

    Also, Jimi's alleged son, James Sundquist seeking sex change http://www.theangels.co.uk/article.asp?id=162

    I wouldn't want to be in the Hendrix camp. I think Leon is the black sheep, even as a kid. That's a tough way to live. From the research I've done, it seems Janie only met Jimi once. Al probably chose her to "run the business" because she seemed more capable. As a fan, I don't agree that she merchandises Jimi like Elvis. I don't need a Jimi Hendrix coffee mug, but I am grateful for all the recordings that have been released.

    Next year I'll go again and stay the night in case there's lots of partying. I'll also ask the office staff where Lucille is located. If they give me the runaround, then I'll know something is up.

    Did you know Jim Morrison is living in southern Oregon on a horse ranch and has appeared in independent movies as a cowboy? I work with a guy who claims to have talked to someone who has talked with Jim. He says Jim is ready to reveal himself and tour again but his wife has pleaded with him not to because she's afraid it will ruin their lives and she likes life on the ranch with Jim.

    So many musical possibilities silenced forever. That's the real crime. I think those people in DC have been reading Mein Kampf.
    Monika Dannemann did write a book just before she died.

    http://www.amazon.ca/Inner-World-Jimi-Hendrix/dp/0312146264/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198548138&sr=8-2

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Monika Dannemann did write a book just before she died.

    http://www.amazon.ca/Inner-World-Jim...8548138&sr=8-2
    I think Monika was seriously involved with Jimi's death!!

    First clue, why did she say she was there when the ambulance showed up? The medic's on duty that day swore under oath no one was at the flat except jimi!!!!

    Jimi Hated Red wine and literely drowned in it!! The medics say it was all over him!

    Some rumors persist he was forced to drink it to kill him?

    Our government, the mob who knows??

    Read up on Mike Jeffery Hendrix's manager, He was corrupt as hell!!

    And I read Jimi had not only our government pissed but the Black Panthers and the mob!!!

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    After all the reading of people's opinions, it's hard to know what really happened. All we can do is wade through it all and come up with a best guess. However, even that has been a daunting task.

    If you've ever seen or heard Jimi speak in interviews, he seems really easy going. Hard to believe someone would want to kill him. But he was very vocal against the war, as were a lot of other artists at the time. It wasn't too long after McCarthy-ism, so seems easy to suspect the government wanted to silence him. Heck, we're seeing some of that today with the Bush camp not appreciating anti-war sentiment. First amendment, sure, as long as it's in line with whoever is in office.

    Then you have the other camp who say he abused drugs like no other. He had a hard life as a kid, not much stability. Jimi was terribly skinny looking, even for him, at his last Isle of Wight performance. Seems easy to believe how a handful of drugs could kill someone who was such skin and bones. He may have been young, but he had been abusing drugs for some years already. Then again, one of his former bandmates stated Jimi was cleaning up so he could have a clear mind in order to go new places with his music. In several interviews Jimi had stated he wanted to do new things with his music... Sky Church, Band of Gypsys, etc.

    Then you have the corrupt Michael Jeffries camp. Jeffries had been getting on Jimi's case for his expensive and "extravagent lifestyle." God only knows what all Jeffries was into. Maybe he thought Hendrix would make him more money dead, then he could pay somebody off. Was Jeffrie's death an accident or did he get himself in so deep he couldn't get out? (Jeffries, Panthers and mob ties were all inter-related.) Jimi tried to give Jeffries the boot at one point, before all the shyte got really bad, but was not able to.

    Then there's the suicide aspect. Jimi was in a lot of trouble towards the end and not just with the Panthers because he apparently didn't want to fully support them. He was being sued left and right for all kinds of contractual things as well as the drug bust in Canada. Some people say he was stressed from all of it, others say he was not. I can't see how he wouldn't be stressed. It's not like he had influential people around him taking care of everything and protecting him at all. Quite the opposite.

    Quite naturally, as the years pass, the story evolves. Are people want the truth to be known or are they trying to cash in? Was it malpractice on the part of the ambulance driver or the hospital? It used to be known that Jimi had been dead a long time before the ambulance arrived. More recently they're saying he was still alive. A cover up? I know I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for letting Jimi Hendrix die. I haven't read Monikka's book or Kathy's, so I have some catching up to do. They say Monika's accounts were all over the place. Was she a spin artist? What allegations did Monika make that caused Kathy E. to call her a liar? Was Monika's death really suicide or was it homicide? Perhaps she might still be alive had she never had that book published.

    I too have spent countless hours reading about this mystery. It reads better than any fictional crime drama I've ever come across. And the mystery will probably never be fully known. I have a hunch Eric Burdon may possibly know and he's still alive. By the way, he and Mitch Mitchell had the case reopened in 1991. It was closed again in 1993, lack of evidence. Wonder what caused them to have it reopened so many years later?

    'nuf to make yer head spin...

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    267

    Hendrix

    I have never heard that Hendrix was murdered!!!???? By who... why.... how.......

    I thought he went the way of Janis... heroin.... or choked on his vomit, or something like that.

    Would like to hear more about this murder theory!!

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    I just got the New Hendrix book "Hendrix, An Illustrated Experience" for Christmas! The book contains reproductions of song and letters Hendrix did.

    The two parts that caught my eye were the drawings Hendrix did as a teen, the guy was way beyond gifted...they were amazing!

    And the last letter he sent home to his dad Al.

    You can tell Hendrix had lost all direction in life and seemed confused.

    The letter is a sad read!!!

    This book is a MUST for any Hendrix fan!!!

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I just got the New Hendrix book "Hendrix, An Illustrated Experience" for Christmas! The book contains reproductions of song and letters Hendrix did.

    The two parts that caught my eye were the drawings Hendrix did as a teen, the guy was way beyond gifted...they were amazing!

    And the last letter he sent home to his dad Al.

    You can tell Hendrix had lost all direction in life and seemed confused.

    The letter is a sad read!!!

    This book is a MUST for any Hendrix fan!!!
    That sounds like a good book. Is there any way I can talk you into posting the letter, what it says? Cuz now you got me curious.

    When I visited the Experience Music Project museum in Seattle, there were a lot of his drawings on display. So happy to know they are now in a book for everyone to enjoy. I had a similar reaction when I saw his artwork in person. That man had more talent in his little toe than a hundred average Joe's put together. It literally brought tears to my eyes. I went with friends who weren't all big fans, so my time was limited at the museum. I wanted to go back, but recently learned that the display is down and "resting" ~

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ApricotRoses View Post
    I have never heard that Hendrix was murdered!!!???? By who... why.... how.......

    I thought he went the way of Janis... heroin.... or choked on his vomit, or something like that.

    Would like to hear more about this murder theory!!
    http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%...st%20Rock.html

    "Forensic tests submitted at the inquest have been supplemented over the years by new evidence that makes a reconstruction of the murder possible. In October, 1991, Steve Roby, publisher of Straight Ahead, a Hendrix fanzine, asked, "What Really Happened?": "Kathy Etchingham, a close friend/lover of Jimi's, and Dee Mitchell, Mitch Mitchell's wife, spent many months tracking down former friends and associates of Hendrix, and are convinced they have solved the mystery of the final hours." Central to reconstructing Hendrix's death is red wine. Dr. Bannister reports that after the esophagus had been cleared, "masses" of red wine were "coming out of his nose and out of his mouth." The wine gushing up in great volume from Hendrix's lungs "is very vivid because you don't often see people who have drowned in their own red wine. He had something around him—whether it was a towel or a jumper—around his neck and that was saturated with red wine. His hair was matted. He was completely cold. I personally think he probably died a long time before....He was cold and he was blue."

    This is also a good read:

    http://alexconstantine.blogspot.com/...arassment.html


  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%...st%20Rock.html

    "Forensic tests submitted at the inquest have been supplemented over the years by new evidence that makes a reconstruction of the murder possible. In October, 1991, Steve Roby, publisher of Straight Ahead, a Hendrix fanzine, asked, "What Really Happened?": "Kathy Etchingham, a close friend/lover of Jimi's, and Dee Mitchell, Mitch Mitchell's wife, spent many months tracking down former friends and associates of Hendrix, and are convinced they have solved the mystery of the final hours." Central to reconstructing Hendrix's death is red wine. Dr. Bannister reports that after the esophagus had been cleared, "masses" of red wine were "coming out of his nose and out of his mouth." The wine gushing up in great volume from Hendrix's lungs "is very vivid because you don't often see people who have drowned in their own red wine. He had something around him—whether it was a towel or a jumper—around his neck and that was saturated with red wine. His hair was matted. He was completely cold. I personally think he probably died a long time before....He was cold and he was blue."

    This is also a good read:

    http://alexconstantine.blogspot.com/...arassment.html

    I believe one of the three murdered Hendrix:

    1. Our own Government
    2. THe Mafia
    3. Mike Jefferies

    Don't laugh about our own Government doing it. Hendrix's name was on a list to be rounded up and imprisoned in the event of a national emergency because he was deemed such a threat!!

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    That sounds like a good book. Is there any way I can talk you into posting the letter, what it says? Cuz now you got me curious.

    When I visited the Experience Music Project museum in Seattle, there were a lot of his drawings on display. So happy to know they are now in a book for everyone to enjoy. I had a similar reaction when I saw his artwork in person. That man had more talent in his little toe than a hundred average Joe's put together. It literally brought tears to my eyes. I went with friends who weren't all big fans, so my time was limited at the museum. I wanted to go back, but recently learned that the display is down and "resting" ~
    I would love to send you a copy from the book. But please send me your private email address!!

    That Hag Janie is sue happy! And the last thing I need is her trying to sue me!

    Hell you can't even find Jimi's lyrics on line. I think they have someone 24/7 surfing the web for shit!

    I love how she loves to boost on the Hendrix site who they have recently took to court!!!

    Sad part is this is not anything Jimi would have approved of!!!

    Hendrix once said his songs were like a personal diary...and selling his songs for commercials you can bet Hendrix never would have gone for!!!

    But Janie is interested in money$$$$$$

    If it wasn't for Jimi she would be in a salon cutting hair where she belongs!!!

    I love how you can get the stuff autographed by her.....please she barely knew Jimi and wasn't even related in any way shape or form!!!

    But she does her best to hide that part!!!

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    After all the reading of people's opinions, it's hard to know what really happened. All we can do is wade through it all and come up with a best guess. However, even that has been a daunting task.

    If you've ever seen or heard Jimi speak in interviews, he seems really easy going. Hard to believe someone would want to kill him. But he was very vocal against the war, as were a lot of other artists at the time. It wasn't too long after McCarthy-ism, so seems easy to suspect the government wanted to silence him. Heck, we're seeing some of that today with the Bush camp not appreciating anti-war sentiment. First amendment, sure, as long as it's in line with whoever is in office.

    Then you have the other camp who say he abused drugs like no other. He had a hard life as a kid, not much stability. Jimi was terribly skinny looking, even for him, at his last Isle of Wight performance. Seems easy to believe how a handful of drugs could kill someone who was such skin and bones. He may have been young, but he had been abusing drugs for some years already. Then again, one of his former bandmates stated Jimi was cleaning up so he could have a clear mind in order to go new places with his music. In several interviews Jimi had stated he wanted to do new things with his music... Sky Church, Band of Gypsys, etc.

    Then you have the corrupt Michael Jeffries camp. Jeffries had been getting on Jimi's case for his expensive and "extravagent lifestyle." God only knows what all Jeffries was into. Maybe he thought Hendrix would make him more money dead, then he could pay somebody off. Was Jeffrie's death an accident or did he get himself in so deep he couldn't get out? (Jeffries, Panthers and mob ties were all inter-related.) Jimi tried to give Jeffries the boot at one point, before all the shyte got really bad, but was not able to.

    Then there's the suicide aspect. Jimi was in a lot of trouble towards the end and not just with the Panthers because he apparently didn't want to fully support them. He was being sued left and right for all kinds of contractual things as well as the drug bust in Canada. Some people say he was stressed from all of it, others say he was not. I can't see how he wouldn't be stressed. It's not like he had influential people around him taking care of everything and protecting him at all. Quite the opposite.

    Quite naturally, as the years pass, the story evolves. Are people want the truth to be known or are they trying to cash in? Was it malpractice on the part of the ambulance driver or the hospital? It used to be known that Jimi had been dead a long time before the ambulance arrived. More recently they're saying he was still alive. A cover up? I know I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for letting Jimi Hendrix die. I haven't read Monikka's book or Kathy's, so I have some catching up to do. They say Monika's accounts were all over the place. Was she a spin artist? What allegations did Monika make that caused Kathy E. to call her a liar? Was Monika's death really suicide or was it homicide? Perhaps she might still be alive had she never had that book published.

    I too have spent countless hours reading about this mystery. It reads better than any fictional crime drama I've ever come across. And the mystery will probably never be fully known. I have a hunch Eric Burdon may possibly know and he's still alive. By the way, he and Mitch Mitchell had the case reopened in 1991. It was closed again in 1993, lack of evidence. Wonder what caused them to have it reopened so many years later?

    'nuf to make yer head spin...
    charles Cross' book answers most of the questions.
    it was an accidental overdose
    Dannemman/Burdon got rid off the drugs before the ambulance arrived
    Jimi was dead when the ambulance arrived. there was another inquest in 94
    Janie Hendrix was removed as trustee for the estate and replace by an independent party. she seems like a real bitch, though.

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,033

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,907
    Sometimes nothing is better than burning a big fatty and listening to Jimmi at extreme volume. Helps ya gather yer thoughts.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Rain Forest
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    That is a great video. First time seeing it.

    I vascilate between murder and accidental overdose. The state of the nation at the time was horrendous, Kent State, anti-war rioting, women's lib, ERA, EEO, cold war, etc. I can imagine the gov't was fit to be tied as to how to control all the civil unrest and change. That all three Js died within months when they were pretty much at the top of their games and the Beatles broke up. Sometimes I don't really want to believe in that much coincidence.

    However, Jimi was very thin and tired looking towards the end. It wouldn't be hard to imagine how his body may have simply given up and given in.

    Crazy times, for sure. Really glad he cranked out such good stuff for us to listen to, even after all these years... it is still really great... timeless.

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    That is a great video. First time seeing it.

    I vascilate between murder and accidental overdose. The state of the nation at the time was horrendous, Kent State, anti-war rioting, women's lib, ERA, EEO, cold war, etc. I can imagine the gov't was fit to be tied as to how to control all the civil unrest and change. That all three Js died within months when they were pretty much at the top of their games and the Beatles broke up. Sometimes I don't really want to believe in that much coincidence.

    However, Jimi was very thin and tired looking towards the end. It wouldn't be hard to imagine how his body may have simply given up and given in.

    Crazy times, for sure. Really glad he cranked out such good stuff for us to listen to, even after all these years... it is still really great... timeless.
    Did you watch the two videos about the Death Of Hendrix also??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYkg...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc-F5...eature=related

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1,417
    my brain just hurts hearing about the energy drink.... sorry i just had to vent that...

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    my brain just hurts hearing about the energy drink.... sorry i just had to vent that...
    That Skank Janie in action!! Profiting from Jimi beyone the grave!!!

    I mean Henrix would not approve of 90% of what she has done to his image!!

    She airbrushes out images of him smoking!!! WTF!!!

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    1,417
    that is insane--for her to airbrush the smoking images out---she is just money hungry that is all i can say about her. terrible to injure his legacy like that...

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,033
    Herrrrrrrrrre'sssssssssssssss Janiie !!!!!!



    i have a real hate on for this bitch.
    i can really see the resemblance with her "brother" Jimi.
    Last edited by cash; 01-04-2008 at 02:35 PM.

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,033
    heres Janie hovering over Al Hendrix



    wonder how Al got that smile on his face ???

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I believe one of the three murdered Hendrix:

    1. Our own Government
    2. THe Mafia
    3. Mike Jefferies

    Don't laugh about our own Government doing it. Hendrix's name was on a list to be rounded up and imprisoned in the event of a national emergency because he was deemed such a threat!!
    Alan Douglas did his best to murder Jimi's music.

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    What book has his last picture on the cover, the one the girl took right before he died like later that night......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •