Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimi Hendrix

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I always liked the song Angel, seemed it wasn't a favorite among the masses though. I also liked "Burning the midnight lamp" but HATED!!! the production of that song, they should re-mix it.
    The masses seem to only ever like Hey Joe, Foxy Lady and Purple Haze. That used to frustrate Hendrix. I saw one video where he's giving the audience hell cause "yea, that's all you ever want to hear..." the old stuff.

I never cared for the muddiness of Burning either. If I remember correctly from my research, this was an issue with fans and critics after it released, much to the dismay of Hendrix, who happened to favor the song. (BTW, Whitney Houston's mom is one of the background singers on this song.) He had a few quirks about recording; he sometimes liked to bury the vocals too deep into the mix and also tended to use the studio as a practice hall, occassionally wearing the tapes a little too thin. Whether any of this factored into the overall muddy quality of Burning, I don't know. I do know that he favored the song and was not happy that it was panned for poor quality, so logic tells me it was his choice to have it sound that way. Probably considered it progressive.

I understand Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab worked with one of his producers, Eddie Kramer, and issued a remaster of Electric Ladyland in 1997. The song is on that album. They usually do a pretty good job with their remasters. I haven't heard it. I don't even know if it's still available. If you can find a copy somewhere, I know it would be worth the extra money, particularly if you can find it on 24k gold. I bought their remaster of Santana Abraxis on gold for $35 10 years ago and that recording is super stellar! Shivers.

For your viewing pleasure: Jimi on his flying V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRlgEK27Jg

The making of Burning (no mention about the muddiness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxih...eature=related

Just for fun... Jimi & Jim Morrison (language warning, Jim was in a MOOD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSuy...eature=related

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    I always liked the song Angel, seemed it wasn't a favorite among the masses though. I also liked "Burning the midnight lamp" but HATED!!! the production of that song, they should re-mix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    The masses seem to only ever like Hey Joe, Foxy Lady and Purple Haze. That used to frustrate Hendrix. I saw one video where he's giving the audience hell cause "yea, that's all you ever want to hear..." the old stuff.

I never cared for the muddiness of Burning either. If I remember correctly from my research, this was an issue with fans and critics after it released, much to the dismay of Hendrix, who happened to favor the song. (BTW, Whitney Houston's mom is one of the background singers on this song.) He had a few quirks about recording; he sometimes liked to bury the vocals too deep into the mix and also tended to use the studio as a practice hall, occassionally wearing the tapes a little too thin. Whether any of this factored into the overall muddy quality of Burning, I don't know. I do know that he favored the song and was not happy that it was panned for poor quality, so logic tells me it was his choice to have it sound that way. Probably considered it progressive.

I understand Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab worked with one of his producers, Eddie Kramer, and issued a remaster of Electric Ladyland in 1997. The song is on that album. They usually do a pretty good job with their remasters. I haven't heard it. I don't even know if it's still available. If you can find a copy somewhere, I know it would be worth the extra money, particularly if you can find it on 24k gold. I bought their remaster of Santana Abraxis on gold for $35 10 years ago and that recording is super stellar! Shivers.

For your viewing pleasure: Jimi on his flying V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRlgEK27Jg

The making of Burning (no mention about the muddiness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwxih...eature=related

Just for fun... Jimi & Jim Morrison (language warning, Jim was in a MOOD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSuy...eature=related
    Remember Jimi was touring like crazy and I don't think "Electric Ladyland" came out the way he wanted it. Jimi himself stated the album sounded flat and some of the songs came thru as cloudy in the mixing of it!!

Still "Electric Ladyland" has to be Jimi's best work!!

Its to bad his Damn managers would not leave him alone to finish it properly!!!!

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Leon Hendrix's official website:

http://blackdotcoffee.com/LEON1.html
    Here's a few more:
    http://www.myspace.com/jimihendrixfamilypage
    http://www.myspace.com/leonhendrixband
    http://www.jimihendrixfoundation.com/mission.html
    http://www.houseofhendrix.com/

Not long ago there was an ebay listing for an ornate black velvet jacket allegedly owned and worn by Jimi for $30,000. I believe it was Leon who was selling it. Said Janie was not interested in aquiring it for the vault.

Also, Leon is selling his house:
    http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-11...e-of-trash.php

I really sort of feel sorry for the guy. He's had a long battle with drug addiction. As if growing up in the shadow of Jimi and being ousted by Janie wasn't bad enough, I guess his wife recently left him too.

He and Jimi share the same mom, Lucille, from what I recall. I believe Leon's dad is someone Lucille was screwing around with. Jimi's dad, Al, raised Leon as his own. He seemed like a real sweet man. Didn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LeonMetsFanDebbie.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	2957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LucilleGravestone.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	2958  

desertangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Remember Jimi was touring like crazy and I don't think "Electric Ladyland" came out the way he wanted it. Jimi himself stated the album sounded flat and some of the songs came thru as cloudy in the mixing of it!!

Still "Electric Ladyland" has to be Jimi's best work!!

Its to bad his Damn managers would not leave him alone to finish it properly!!!!
    Touring like crazy was supposedly one of the tactics used by the CIA to wear him down. I'd have to look into that a little more to see if they did that with other artists. Jeffries had him literally on one side of the country one night and the other side the next night. And they played looooonnnngg sets back then, way into the wee hours. EL was his last and IMHO the best. It's too bad that our friend can't be with us today.

There's a blurb here about recording and production, I seem to remember reading in the books about some of these issues:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Ladyland

1983 by Jimi Hendrix

Hurray i awake from yesterday
    Alive but the war is here to stay
    So my love catherina and me
    Decide to take our last walk thru the noise to the sea
    Not to die but to be reborn
    Away from the lands so battred and torn
    Forever

Oh say can you see it's really such a mess
    Every inch of earth is a fighting mess
    Giant pencil and lipstick-tube shaped things
    Continue to rain and cause screamin' pain
    And the arctic stains from silver blue to bloody red
    As our feet find the sand
    And the sea is straight ahead
    Straight up ahead

Well it's too bad that our friends can't be with us today
    The machine that we built
    Would never save us that's what they say
    That's why they ain't comin' with us today
    And they also said it's impossible
    For a man to live and breathe underwater
    Forever was a main complaint
    Yeah and they also threw this in my face
    They said, Anyway you know good and well
    It would be beyond the will of god
    And the grace of the king
    Grace of the king
    Yeah, Ooo

So my darling and i make love in the sand
    To salute the last moment ever on dry land
    Our machine it has done its work played its part well
    Without a scratch on our body when we bid it farewell
    Starfish and giant foams greet us with a smile
    Before our heads go under we take our last look at the killing noise
    Of the out of style
    The out of style out of style oh yeah
    Oooo

So down and down and down and down we go
    Hurry my darlin' we mustn't be late
    For the show
    Neptune champion games to an aqua world is so very dear
    Right this way smiles a mermaid
    I can hear atlantis full of cheer
    Atlantis full of cheer
    I can hear atlantis full of cheer
    Oh yeah

Danny62 Guest
    Here's a few more:
    http://www.myspace.com/jimihendrixfamilypage
    http://www.myspace.com/leonhendrixband
    http://www.jimihendrixfoundation.com/mission.html
    http://www.houseofhendrix.com/

Not long ago there was an ebay listing for an ornate black velvet jacket allegedly owned and worn by Jimi for $30,000. I believe it was Leon who was selling it. Said Janie was not interested in aquiring it for the vault.

Also, Leon is selling his house:
    http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-11...e-of-trash.php

I really sort of feel sorry for the guy. He's had a long battle with drug addiction. As if growing up in the shadow of Jimi and being ousted by Janie wasn't bad enough, I guess his wife recently left him too.

He and Jimi share the same mom, Lucille, from what I recall. I believe Leon's dad is someone Lucille was screwing around with. Jimi's dad, Al, raised Leon as his own. He seemed like a real sweet man. Didn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but sweet.

Nice pics!!

SO does anyone know why Lucille wasn't buried at the Hendrix memorial?? Why is That Skank Janie's mom buried there???

That just pisses me off to no end!!!!

magblax Guest
    Nice pics!!

SO does anyone know why Lucille wasn't buried at the Hendrix memorial?? Why is That Skank Janie's mom buried there???

Your not the only one! I guess that Jimi's family was that disfunctional...

"At Renton's Greenwood Memorial Park, where the remains of Jimi and Al and other select family members are entombed in an elaborate new crypt, Cross hounded cemetery officials to find the lost, neglected grave where Lucille Hendrix Mitchell (previously Lucille Jeter Hendrix) had been buried decades earlier.
    "The rediscovery of the grave of Jimi Hendrix's mother was the most chilling moment in the four years it took to write 'Room Full of Mirrors,' " Cross says in the author's foreword.
    He was appalled that Lucille was buried in a pauper's grave.
    "I still cannot believe that Al Hendrix let his ex-wife, Jimi's mother, be buried in a pauper's grave without a headstone. This is a family that has spent $40 million on legal bills and nobody has $2,000 to buy a headstone for Jimi Hendrix's mother? It's egregious. It's a sin against nature. It just shows you the spiteful meanness of this family and their secrets."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/234527_hendrix30.html

desertangel Guest
    try this again...

http://www.rockprophecy.com/etchinghammitchell.html

Kathy Etchingham (Jimi's British girlfriend) and Dee Mitchell (wife of drummer Mitch Mitchell) have provided new information and testimony regarding their on-going investigation on the circumstances surrounding Jimi's death. As part of their extensive research, Kathy and Dee have compiled further evidence and at the appropriate time they plan to bring it all forward.

Some of the statements regarding Jimi's condition (on September 18th 1970) are described graphically, so be prepared...
    John Saua was one of the ambulance crew (2 men) who answered the call to 22 Landsdowne Crescent, London on the 18th September 1970. The call came in at 11:18 A.M. They arrived at 11:27 AM. John had only worked with Reg Jones for one month, as Reg Jones' regular partner was in the hospital. John left that position shortly afterword and had no contact with Reg Jones since, nor were they particularly good mates at the time, being of different age groups. John still is an ambulance man.

John Saua's Statement:

Well, I remember we had a hell of a time trying to suck him out, I mean the vomit was dry and there was a hell of a lot of it. The aspirators in those days were all right, but not like you have today. They couldn't shift that lot.
    We knew it was hopeless. There was no pulse, no respiration. We got down to the flat and there was nobody but the body on the bed, we had to radio for the police from the van, and we couldn't touch anything in the flat. As I say we knew he was gone, he was on top of the bed dressed, but I didn't recognize him. I don't know if any anybody would've recognized him. His own mother wouldn't have recognized him. He was in a pool of vomit, it was everywhere.
    But we are not doctors and it's our job to keep trying till we get them to the hospital. We can't proclaim anyone dead...so as soon as the police arrived we were off. I was in the back with Jimi, Reg Jones drove. When we moved him the gasses were gurgling. You get that when someone has died, it wasn't too pleasant. The Vomit was all the way down. We couldn't have got an airway down. He was flat on his back when we got there. It's a shame he wasn't on his side because he might have pulled through.

Questions for John Saua:

Q: Did you sit Jimi up in the ambulance?
    A: Of course not, but I really kept on trying to do what I could for him even though we knew it was useless. I was really sorry there was nothing we could do to help.
    Q: Why have you never talked to the press or come forward?
    A: What do you mean come forward? I would never talk to the press, well you can't in our job. We sign a conditions of service agreement. If we go into a building of national security, or a member of the royal family or a celebrity, we can't talk about it, and quite right too. No one has ever asked me about it before anyway.
    {John was then shown the account in the bio "Electric Gypsy" regarding Jimi's death.}
    A: Well that's fiction isn't it? What a load of old cobblers!
    Q: Don't you remember this girl (Monika Dannemann)?
    A: No.
    Q: Surely you remember this girl. Blond hair and a German accent.
    A: Sorry, doesn't jar anything or ring any bells with me.
    Q: Did you speak to anyone on your way to the hospital?
    A: Just the police before we left. A small crowd may have gathered. I can't remember if some one asked what was happening, but you always get a crowd round an ambulance. It's an unfortunate fact.
    Q: Did anyone ride along to the hospital with you?
    A: No, of course not, like who?

Reg Jones was the other member of the ambulance crew who responded to a "possible O.D." call at the 22 Landsowne crescent basement flat on the 18th of September 1970. He had worked for over 20 years as an ambulance man and has the highest reputation among his colleagues.

Reg Jones' Statement:

Well it was horrific. We arrived at the flat and the door was flung wide open. Nobody about, just the body on the bed. He was covered in vomit. There was tons of it all over the pillow, black and brown it was. His airways was completely blocked all the way down. His tongue had fallen back you see. The room at first was dark...we had to pull the curtains.
    Well we had to get the police. We only had an empty flat, so John Saua ran up and radioed and got the aspirator too. We felt for any pulse between his shoulders, pinched his earlobes and nose, showed a light in his eyes, but there was no response at all. I knew he was dead as soon as I walked in the room. You get a feel for it, I can't explain, but you do and I knew he was dead.
    Once the police arrived, which seemed like no time at all, we got him off to the hospital as quick as we could. We just kept trying. My shirt was wringing wet. The ambulances in them days, they wasn't equipped like they are now. We had them crazy wadhams (a type of ambulance) in them days, awful they was.
    We took him to St. Mary Abbotts, they don't have a casualty ward now, but in them days they did. That was our designated hospital for the day. There was a "bed state"* at St. Charles. You found out at the beginning of your shift what your designated hospital was - St. Mary's was the designated that day.
    [*NOTE: A "bed state" meant that the casualty ward for a particular hospital was not open on a particular day - either through staffing or lack of beds, the designated hospital was the place the injured, or ill, would receive the fastest and most comprehensive care. Just to make sure the emergency services remembered, large highly visible colored disks were placed at the casualty entrance. Red was for closed and green meant open. St Charles was marginally closer, but there was a "bed state" and, as Reg Jones said, St. Mary's was the designated casualty ward that day.]

Questions for Reg Jones:

Q: Did any one come along in the Ambulance with you?
    A: No. John Saua was with Jimi, I didn't know he was Jimi Hendrix, bit out of my age group, luv. When we got him to the hospital, full lights and sirens, we had to clean the ambulance out, it was really a mess, his bowels and bladder, all that goes when you're dead. That flat must have needed a good cleaning too.
    Q: Did you sit him up in the ambulance?
    A: Sit him up! No luv, you don't sit people up when they've choked. Them steps up the flat was steep, and you had a natural incline on the way up, but no, he wasn't sat up.
    Q: Did you see or talk to anyone in the flat or on the way?
    A: Just the police and the hospital staff.
    Q: What about the German girl?
    A: What German Girl? We didn't talk to no one but the police, and then at the hospital.
    Q: This is a bit confusing - look at this (shown the account in the "Electric Gypsy" bio:
    A: Well that's just crazy that is. I wouldn't know that girl if she was living next door to me. I've never seen her before. That's wicked that is. I've lived long enough to know silly tongues will wag, but that is wicked. She wasn't there, there was no one there.
    Q: Have you ever had a situation like this before or since?
    A: Well no, that's why I can remember it quite well, just the body and no one around - strange. It stands out in my mind

Danny62 Guest
    Okay I was just going thru Mich Mitchell's book on Hendrix called "Inside The Experience."

He claims it was the US government who planted the drugs on Jimi that got him busted in Toronto!!

Okay my point here is maybe its to bad he wasn't found guilty! He could have been in Jail for up to 5 years!

I am thinking he still may be with us then! By the time he got out, 1974 I don't think our government was so paranoid about the hippie/music culture as it was in the late 60's!

They probably wouldn't have taken Jimi out then!

any links to the jayne mansfield-jimi hendrix collaboration?

suey and as clouds go by ,apparently a single,jimi played bass and lead,as miss mansfield warbled

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    You going to see them, Neil? They're in Tokyo in the first week of February. I think Sting's a pompous ass but I've got my ticket! baw haw haw!
    Yes I was thinking about it actually. The reviews they got when they started the tour in Canada were way less than favourable but I expect they would have found the groove by now.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

desertangel Guest
    Nice pics!!

Seriously?! Probably a few reasons, Jimi's family wasn't going to let him see his mom in the hospital when she was dying and he wasn't exactly a little kid at the time. I don't recall exactly...I believe he tricked his dad, but he did end up going to see her anyway. She died after that and Jimi was really sad, wouldn't talk much. His mom was a drunk and she couldn't stay out of the bars, always carousing around with other men. She was young when she met Jimi's dad and they used to go out dancing a lot. Then Al went into the service so they got married. Along comes Jimi, who Al found out she named Johnny Allen (or was it James Allen,) after the guy she was fooling around with. Al had always wondered about the timing of her pregnancy vs. when he was shipped out. When Al got out and took Jimi because mom was skanking around, he renamed him to James Marshall. She probably died, at least in part, because of her drinking. At any rate, the point I'm trying to illustrate is that by the time she died, I would imagine Al didn't want to have much to do with her at all is why she ended up in a paupers grave. Al probably didn't have the extra money to bury her anyway, raising two teenage boys. Why she was never reburied at the memorial is likely because the same bad feelings exist. Leon doesn't seem to share those feelings. Obviously he knows what it feels like to be ousted by that portion of the family.

Dysfunctional family? Yes. Not unlike a lot of families today, unfortunately.

desertangel Guest
    Okay I was just going thru Mich Mitchell's book on Hendrix called "Inside The Experience."

He claims it was the US government who planted the drugs on Jimi that got him busted in Toronto!!

Okay my point here is maybe its to bad he wasn't found guilty! He could have been in Jail for up to 5 years!

I am thinking he still may be with us then! By the time he got out, 1974 I don't think our government was so paranoid about the hippie/music culture as it was in the late 60's!

They probably wouldn't have taken Jimi out then!
    Okay now yer gonna make me cry....

I.love.Jimi.

Danny62 Guest
    Seriously?! Probably a few reasons, Jimi's family wasn't going to let him see his mom in the hospital when she was dying and he wasn't exactly a little kid at the time. I don't recall exactly...I believe he tricked his dad, but he did end up going to see her anyway. She died after that and Jimi was really sad, wouldn't talk much. His mom was a drunk and she couldn't stay out of the bars, always carousing around with other men. She was young when she met Jimi's dad and they used to go out dancing a lot. Then Al went into the service so they got married. Along comes Jimi, who Al found out she named Johnny Allen (or was it James Allen,) after the guy she was fooling around with. Al had always wondered about the timing of her pregnancy vs. when he was shipped out. When Al got out and took Jimi because mom was skanking around, he renamed him to James Marshall. She probably died, at least in part, because of her drinking. At any rate, the point I'm trying to illustrate is that by the time she died, I would imagine Al didn't want to have much to do with her at all is why she ended up in a paupers grave. Al probably didn't have the extra money to bury her anyway, raising two teenage boys. Why she was never reburied at the memorial is likely because the same bad feelings exist. Leon doesn't seem to share those feelings. Obviously he knows what it feels like to be ousted by that portion of the family.

Dysfunctional family? Yes. Not unlike a lot of families today, unfortunately.
    I guess I just think that The fact Jimi loved his mother very much would clue Janie that since Jimi is responsible for all the money she is pulling in she could at least bury her by Jimi!

I agree Al probably had some hurt feelings but I think they owed it to Jimi to do that!

I think Janie really shows her true colors about what and who she really is buy not letting her in the family plot!

I think her love for the money she rakes in over shadows how she feels about Jimi Hendrix as a person?

Okay now yer gonna make me cry....

I.love.Jimi.
    Sorry...but it does make you wonder what would have happened if he would have got locked up for a few years?

desertangel Guest
    [quote=Danny62;146068]I guess I just think that The fact Jimi loved his mother very much would clue Janie that since Jimi is responsible for all the money she is pulling in she could at least bury her by Jimi!

I agree Al probably had some hurt feelings but I think they owed it to Jimi to do that!

I think Janie really shows her true colors about what and who she really is buy not letting her in the family plot!

I think her love for the money she rakes in over shadows how she feels about Jimi Hendrix as a person?
    quote]

I totally agree. Deaths in the family sometimes bring out the worst in people, throw in a lot of money and it can really get ugly. Also, some people obviously lack the forgiveness gene. I think Al never forgave Lucille for being a party girl. It makes me wonder if Janie is upholding some of Al's wishes in that respect.

Danny62 Guest
    [quote=desertangel;147303]
    I guess I just think that The fact Jimi loved his mother very much would clue Janie that since Jimi is responsible for all the money she is pulling in she could at least bury her by Jimi!

quote]

I totally agree. Deaths in the family sometimes bring out the worst in people, throw in a lot of money and it can really get ugly. Also, some people obviously lack the forgiveness gene. I think Al never forgave Lucille for being a party girl. It makes me wonder if Janie is upholding some of Al's wishes in that respect.
    I would love to see copies of the will and stuff to see if Al did something like that?

I don't know, from all that I have read I really don't see Al doing that to Jimi?

But its true Lucille was buried way before Jimi was famous...and they never did move Lucille while Al was still alive!!

I honestly feel Janie's hand in this though! I could be wrong. She just does so much to convince people she is Jimis real sister buring her own mom would somehow validate that I would think in other peoples eyes?

I hear she tried to get her birth certificate changed to reflect Al as her real dad!! I think it was in the Sharon Lawrence book about Jimi it mentioned that!

Grungegirl83 Guest
    WOW I had no idea he was in such a sorry state when they found him. Ew poor Jimi

desertangel Guest
    Not long after Jimi died, Al started receiving money a month from Jimi's estate. He said it was enough for him to live on comfortably. In fact, he moved from his old neighborhood into a nicer area, which is how he ended up in Renton. It wasn't until many years later that the big lawsuit ensued for the purpose of obtaining the bulk of the estate and rights to the "Jimi Hendrix" name, as it were. I presume this coincided with both Janie and Al getting older and Leon maybe getting deeper into drugs. Janie seized an opportunity. I've read stories about fans who say they knew where Al lived and would drop by to say Hi. He would talk to them about Jimi and give them a momento. Whether all that is true, who really knows, but it sounds like something Al would do. Janie took over his affairs in 1996, one year after he won the legal battle to gain full control. He passed away just months before the memorial was to be dedicated in 2002. It was something he really wanted to have happen but couldn't ever afford it until the lawsuit settled. He was not a sharp minded business man. I would imagine he would have been happy to live his life out on the money a month he was getting. It was likely Janie who pressed him into the legal battle. He was 82 when he died. I feel sorry for Leon, but he does need to clean up his act, not that it would change anything as far as the family goes, but probably the reason they froze him out.

Such is the way of life when it comes to the old school rock and rollers and the money they made and didn't get. Al and Janie were lucky and/or had some good lawyers and/or nobody else cared by that time because most of them had somehow died. What a story, eh?

Danny62 Guest
    Not long after Jimi died, Al started receiving money a month from Jimi's estate. He said it was enough for him to live on comfortably. In fact, he moved from his old neighborhood into a nicer area, which is how he ended up in Renton. It wasn't until many years later that the big lawsuit ensued for the purpose of obtaining the bulk of the estate and rights to the "Jimi Hendrix" name, as it were. I presume this coincided with both Janie and Al getting older and Leon maybe getting deeper into drugs. Janie seized an opportunity. I've read stories about fans who say they knew where Al lived and would drop by to say Hi. He would talk to them about Jimi and give them a momento. Whether all that is true, who really knows, but it sounds like something Al would do. Janie took over his affairs in 1996, one year after he won the legal battle to gain full control. He passed away just months before the memorial was to be dedicated in 2002. It was something he really wanted to have happen but couldn't ever afford it until the lawsuit settled. He was not a sharp minded business man. I would imagine he would have been happy to live his life out on the money a month he was getting. It was likely Janie who pressed him into the legal battle. He was 82 when he died. I feel sorry for Leon, but he does need to clean up his act, not that it would change anything as far as the family goes, but probably the reason they froze him out.

Such is the way of life when it comes to the old school rock and rollers and the money they made and didn't get. Al and Janie were lucky and/or had some good lawyers and/or nobody else cared by that time because most of them had somehow died. What a story, eh?

Okay the weird part is at one point rumor was when the memorial was being built Janie was pressing the public for money plus wanted to charge admission to Jimi's graveside!! I SHIT YOU NOT!!!

The whole thing was pulled rather quickly when she got tons of angry Hendrix fans attacking what her plans were!!!

I remember seeing a brief thing about it in the late 90's on the net!!!

I hear that Alan Douglas tried to buy out Janie and Al in the 80's and when she went to an attorney the attorney told her pretty much Jimi was a goldmine waiting to be tapped!!!

But Hendrix boxer shorts and energy drinks....honestly Hendrix would never sold himself out for that kind of stuff!!!

desertangel Guest
    'tis true about their wanting to turn the memorial into Hendrixland. There is an open letter to the fans from Al posted on the memorial web site. I guess they went from the idea of charging admission to politely asking for donations. The memorial has been up for several years now and it is still not complete, at least according to their original plans. I don't think at this point that it will ever be complete. Not surprisingly.

Wonder how things would have ended up if Douglas had taken over. Do you think we would have more musical offerings and less merchandising? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the releases, I just think they're too few and far between. I have a feeling Experience Hendrix is sitting on quite a bit of stuff and they won't release it because it's their bank roll for the next few decades. Instead they throw the occassional crumb to the real fans then supplement the income with offerings of coffee mugs and pewter necklaces. How droll. People need to quit buying that shit.

Danny62 Guest
    'tis true about their wanting to turn the memorial into Hendrixland. There is an open letter to the fans from Al posted on the memorial web site. I guess they went from the idea of charging admission to politely asking for donations. The memorial has been up for several years now and it is still not complete, at least according to their original plans. I don't think at this point that it will ever be complete. Not surprisingly.

Wonder how things would have ended up if Douglas had taken over. Do you think we would have more musical offerings and less merchandising? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the releases, I just think they're too few and far between. I have a feeling Experience Hendrix is sitting on quite a bit of stuff and they won't release it because it's their bank roll for the next few decades. Instead they throw the occassional crumb to the real fans then supplement the income with offerings of coffee mugs and pewter necklaces. How droll. People need to quit buying that shit.
    I really don't know if it would have been any better If Douglas had taken over! I think anything would be better than Janie.

Have you ever heard of the "Black Gold" tapes. I can't recall which book at the moment but its 4 cassette tapes Jimi had given to Mitch just before he died...I think Jimi knew!!

Anyway I guess the tapes contain some real gems! I will have to find the book that talks about them and go into more detail. Recently he sold the tapes to Experience Hendrix!

Your are right, I am sure they are holding on to alot of stuff "Including the black gold tapes."

Its sad because the true Hendrix fans who grew up with him are going to miss out to hear some awesome stuff because ole Janie worries more about her financial well being than anything else!!!

That new Hendrix book I got that had all the reproductions contained a 70 minute CD, cool until I realized its all been released before!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could have at least put some new shit on the damn CD!!!!

Grungegirl83 Guest
    WOW I had no idea how gruesome the scene of his death was. Poor Jimi, that is one photo i wouldn't want to see

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grungegirl83 View Post
    WOW I had no idea how gruesome the scene of his death was. Poor Jimi, that is one photo i wouldn't want to see

From what I can gather I don't think any pics of Jimi Dead exist! I for one would find it interesting to see the pic of him in bed after he died with the vomit all over him!!!

But then I am a Death Hag so I think its normal!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    No, I don't think Jimi was murdered. Perhaps a case of negligence though; the door being wide open may be because someone didn't want to get blamed for his physical state and fled so they didn't get blamed or possibly popped for illegal drugs.

My eldest brother hitch-hiked from Mississippi to Woodstock at the age of 17 --- without so much as a penny to his name -- AND talked his way in by offering to help the workers at the entrances. He met Jimi and Jimi and he hit it off so well, Jimi gave him this beautiful belt -- finely tooled leather over crushed-purple-velvet. It's beautiful. My brother traded him his leather-fringe jacket for it because Jimi was admiring it, so he offered it to him. My brother later gave me the belt for safekeeping, as he travelled a lot. I'll never forget when Jimi died, as radio stations paid tribute by playing Jimi's version of the Star Spangled Banner. I can still see my brother sitting on the couch, the radio in his lap, crying his eyes out. Never saw him cry like that before, or after.

My brother got over his "hippie" phase, had just gotten out of the army and had started a new life when he was killed by a drunk driver.

I still have the belt.

Grungegirl83 Guest
    I am so sorry about your brother, he sounded like an adventurous amazing man.

How does Jimi only have 6 pages? for shame people.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    No, I don't think Jimi was murdered. Perhaps a case of negligence though; the door being wide open may be because someone didn't want to get blamed for his physical state and fled so they didn't get blamed or possibly popped for illegal drugs.

My eldest brother hitch-hiked from Mississippi to Woodstock at the age of 17 --- without so much as a penny to his name -- AND talked his way in by offering to help the workers at the entrances. He met Jimi and Jimi and he hit it off so well, Jimi gave him this beautiful belt -- finely tooled leather over crushed-purple-velvet. It's beautiful. My brother traded him his leather-fringe jacket for it because Jimi was admiring it, so he offered it to him. My brother later gave me the belt for safekeeping, as he travelled a lot. I'll never forget when Jimi died, as radio stations paid tribute by playing Jimi's version of the Star Spangled Banner. I can still see my brother sitting on the couch, the radio in his lap, crying his eyes out. Never saw him cry like that before, or after.

My brother got over his "hippie" phase, had just gotten out of the army and had started a new life when he was killed by a drunk driver.

I still have the belt.
    sorry about your brother.

I DO believe Hendrix was murdered. People don' realize but he was more popular than "The Rolling stones" or pretty much any act in the 60's!!

Hendrix was very powerful and anything he said or done was noticed by our government!!

What better way then to knock him off in England instead of the USA!!

Hell he was on a subversive list to be rounded up and placed in a detainment camp in case of national emergency, the government obviously had great concern about how powerful a message he sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    How does Jimi only have 6 pages? for shame people.

I am trying Jason, I guess I could post some more as part of my 2000 posts in 24 hours. LOL

Tugboat25 Guest
    Danny, I think you're Great but I just have to disagree with you.
    Hendrix was AMAZING but he wasn't that important in the scheme of things.
    With all due respect he wasn't worth the time or effort.
    Please don't be confused, I respect Jimi and all he accomplished as a musician but I just don't see any conspiracy against him.
    He didn't have that sort of effect where he needed to be whacked.
    Musically he was monumental (understatement) but politically he was small potatoes.
    I think he just got caught up in over indulgence.

desertangel Guest
    So I just finished watching The Making of Electric Ladyland. Partly in honor and memory of the recently departed. It's Friday night, you know. A good time for remembering. It seems so many people who were around Jimi smile with fondness at the memories or mist up at the thought of his absense because they still miss him so. Buddy Miles seemed to still feel the loss quite a bit. At least now maybe they can be reunited. Maybe they're having an other worldly jam session right now! I wish I would have been lucky enough to know them. They both seemed really cool and fun. I think Jimi and I would have gotten on well.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Danny, I think you're Great but I just have to disagree with you.
    Hendrix was AMAZING but he wasn't that important in the scheme of things.
    With all due respect he wasn't worth the time or effort.
    Please don't be confused, I respect Jimi and all he accomplished as a musician but I just don't see any conspiracy against him.
    He didn't have that sort of effect where he needed to be whacked.
    Musically he was monumental (understatement) but politically he was small potatoes.
    I think he just got caught up in over indulgence.
    Tug I have to also disagree. People today don't realize how famous Jimi was in the 1960's. He was black and was able to reach out to both the white and black people and we have to remember the government was very paranoid on the 1960's of the musicians. Look how they perceived John Lennon a threat!

I mean today saying a mucsican being rubbed out by the government would be silly, but the 1960's were a much different time and era.

But I respect you opinion...bottom line is whatever happened to Jimi we lost a whole chuck of musical history that day!!!

desertangel Guest
    I'm with you on this one, Danny. I think we already discussed the hows and whys earlier in the thread. It wasn't about how popular Hendrix was, it was about the level of "threat" he posed during that particularly tense time in our society.

Danny62 Guest
    I'm with you on this one, Danny. I think we already discussed the hows and whys earlier in the thread. It wasn't about how popular Hendrix was, it was about the level of "threat" he posed during that particularly tense time in our society.
    He was a black man in a white man's world in the 1960's. Racial tension was still at a fever pitch. I read when they were touring in the South Hendrix still would not get out of the car on some stops at the diners because he knew they may not serve him or they would harass him.

In one Hendrix book it went on how the police in Dallas Threatned Jimi if he played "The Star Spangled Banner." He still played it but his roadies were afraid for jimi's life that night. From the damn police.

You can well bet our government perceived Hendrix a big threat!

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest

Jimi Hendrix Sex Tape!

Jimi Hendrix Sex Tape!!! Gives Good Headband

TMZ has obtained the 40-year-old sex tape featuring Jimi Hendrix and two brunettes.....shot decades before sex tapes were all the rage.

The tape is up close, personal and raunchy. A rock 'n roll memorabilia collector found and sold it to Vivid Entertainment. Here's the deal, during the threesome, Hendrix loses his clothes but never sheds his legendary headband!

Chevyheaven Guest
    Gross.

Danny62 Guest
    LOL

How is that skank Step sister of his going to handle this?

She already airbrushes out all pictures of him smoking. She is very Religious and is trying to remold jimi as it is.

Now the sex tape. Love it!

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    LOL

How is that skank Step sister of his going to handle this?

She already airbrushes out all pictures of him smoking. She is very Religious and is trying to remold jimi as it is.

Now the sex tape. Love it!
    Hmmm, wonder how she'll airbrush/edit the video....

lisalouver Guest
    It's been sold to Vivid, I believe so it will soon be available for all to see.

Jimmy looks as if he is asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    Hmmm, wonder how she'll airbrush/edit the video....
    According to legend, they'll be needing to do A LOT of airbrushing!

knothere Guest
    he looks dead all ready i guess silicone implants were the rage bak then

I don't think I want to see Jimi or his Voodoo child, thanks, I'll pass.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Chevyheaven Guest
    I know right thats what I was thinking. Their is nothing remotely interesting in watch some old dead rockstar gettin jiggy wit it. Ewww.. lol

smooches27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    According to legend, they'll be needing to do A LOT of airbrushing!

Step-sis may just have a coronary!!!

Danny62 Guest
    From the internet story.

Seattle-based representatives for Hendrix's estate did not want to comment about the tape. LOL

JestersKiss Guest
    What i dont understand is how someone can hold on to a tape like this for this long without coming forward at sometime,,,,,,man that tape has got to be worn out,lol

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    What i dont understand is how someone can hold on to a tape like this for this long without coming forward at sometime,,,,,,man that tape has got to be worn out,lol
    Yeah first the Marilyn Monroe film coming out the other week and now Hendrix. Kinda makes you wonder who else has a long lost video
    from Hollywoods past that will be coming out soon. <--No pun intended.

Danny62 Guest
    Well obviously the longer they waiting the more valuable it would have become.

I am sure Experience Hendrix would have forked over a ton of money to have it burned. LOL

Guess Janie can't airbrush his cock in this one!

Tebssis Guest
    That's what I was thinking. How could you NOT brag to someone that you had it? Wonder how many times the person that's had it all these years has seen it? I mean, did he/she put it away in a safety deposit box for 30 yrs or just keep it hidden in a closet with the rest of their porn and plucked it out for viewing every few years?

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    That's what I was thinking. How could you NOT brag to someone that you had it? Wonder how many times the person that's had it all these years has seen it? I mean, did he/she put it away in a safety deposit box for 30 yrs or just keep it hidden in a closet with the rest of their porn and plucked it out for viewing every few years?
    I am thinking it was somehow unearthed? I hope the story of who had it and why comes out though. Of course some people are claiming its not Hendrix.

we have plaster casters work to authenicate.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    we have plaster casters work to authenicate.
    Charles Cross who wrote a recent biography of Hendrix said the guy was wearing more rings then Hendrix was known to wear for it to be him? WTF!