Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    What book has his last picture on the cover, the one the girl took right before he died like later that night......
    this is one of the last pictures of Jimi. Taken by Monika Dannemann on Sept 17/70.

http://www.ulijonroth.com/sky/lux_artis/monika_9.htm

Lisamarie Guest
    I must say the party story sounds like it could have happened..allthough I have never heard of leapers, but I think its fishy.....I dunno...I always thought before this thred he just died in his sleep. The more I read the more I question what really happened.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Herrrrrrrrrre'sssssssssssssss Janiie !!!!!!

i have a real hate on for this bitch.
    i can really see the resemblance with her "brother" Jimi.
    Oh god that skank Janie, She isn't even related to Jimi at all!!! She is his step sister. She also would not allow Jimi's real mom to be buried at the Hendrix memorial, but her mom is buried there!! WTF!!!

heres Janie hovering over Al Hendrix

wonder how Al got that smile on his face ???
    She is probably groping him!! The skank!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Alan Douglas did his best to murder Jimi's music.
    Alan Douglas did those horrible cut and paste jobs on those two albums released in the early 80's. They erased all the music except Jimi's guitar work and vocals and hired studio musicians to play the other parts!!!

Horrible!!!

Didn't even explain it in the albums. Tried to say it was some "lost Hendrix recordings."

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    What book has his last picture on the cover, the one the girl took right before he died like later that night......
    Yes the pic's below are the last ones taken of Jimi. I think Monika knew more than she said about Jimi's death!!!

Thanks so much for the thread! Jimi, Janis, and Jim.

Dinner? No, I don't eat dinner. Dinner's for suckers. Seinfeld

desertangel Guest
    gaaahhh....must.go.gouge.eyes.out.

leeny994 Guest
    i think janie is just a one woman coney island freak show

Forever-27 Guest
    Ive always thought jimis gf Monika let him die. Or had some hand in it. However Jimi was in the FBI's book since he had ties to The Black Panthers. I dont think the government had him killed, it was just convenant how it worked out. Governments are scared of things that have more power then they do, especially when its a single person. Music has powers over people to make them do things. For example John Lennon ... he had the power to change peoples minds and make whole crowds stand behind him.

Ironically Janis Joplin died 2 weeks almost to the day Jimi died.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 01-05-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Ive always thought jimis gf Monika ley him die. Or had some hand in it. However Jimi was in the FBI's book since he had ties to The Black Panthers. I dont think the government had him killed, it was just convenant how it worked out. Governments are scared of things that have more power then they do, especially when its a single person. Music has powers over people to make them do things. For example John Lennon ... he had the power to change peoples minds and make whole crowds stand behind him.

Ironically Janis Joplin died 2 weeks almost to the day Jimi died.
    I haven't heard if Janis was murdered, but I would not put it past the government! They were a paranoid bunch in the 60's, really afraid of the hippy movement!!!

leevancleef Guest
    Listening to Little wing right now....pure genious.

Danny62 Guest

Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze" tidbits

Hendrix claimed this was inspired by a dream where he was walking under the sea. In the dream, he said a purple haze surrounded him, engulfed him and got him lost. It was a traumatic experience, but in his dream his faith in Jesus saved him.

This song was written under the guidance of Hendrix' manager, ex-Animals bassist Chas Chandler. They had just released Hendrix' first single, a cover of Tim Rose's "Hey Joe" and were looking for a follow up. Chandler was impressed when he first heard the riff, and inspired Jimi to finish writing the song.

Hendrix claimed this had nothing to do with drugs, but it's hard to believe they weren't an influence. The lyrics seem to vividly portray an acid trip, and Hendrix was doing plenty of drugs at the time.

Jimi and producer Chas Chandler used some unusual studio tricks to get the unique sound. To create the background track that sounds distant, they put a pair of headphones around a microphone and recorded it that way to get an echo effect.

This contains one of the most misheard lyrics ever, with "Scuse me while I kiss the sky" interpreted as "Scuse me while I kiss this guy." Hendrix added to the confusion by sometimes singing it that way and pointing to one of his band members.

Hendrix wrote the lyrics on the day after Christmas in 1966. He wrote a lot more than what made it to the song.

Jaxxx Guest
    Not inspired while on drugs, hmmmmmmm, and when they gave me morphine in the hospital and I was talking to fish, it was drug induced either.

endsleigh03 Guest
    "Purple Microdot" sounds more likely to me.

I remember Microdot. That was fun stuff!

Noelle Page Guest
    That's a moving dream.

Have to say, though, I don't care for Jimi's voice.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I remember Microdot. That was fun stuff!
    Oh, never did anything like that...I just...ummm.....READ about it...yeah, thats what I did.....I read about it.......

(It was great)

Oh, never did anything like that...I just...ummm.....READ about it...yeah, thats what I did.....I read about it.......
    I did alot of my own research as well.

Obviously Jimi was off his tits, but hey it all sounds good to me. LEGEND.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I did alot of my own research as well.
    Me too.
    Having said that, I would not try anything like that now that I am older.
    I have a lifetime full of issues on my plate that I didn't have back then, oh I'd hate to see the paranoia that would spring forth lol.

No doubt seems like when I was a teenager I wold drop acid or shroom like it was chewing bubblegum or tictacs. I would be terrified to hallucinate like that now.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Listening to Little wing right now....pure genious.

I LOVE the opening chord sequence to "Little Wing."

Hendrix was a master on the fucking guitar plain and simple!!!

SlippyInvader Guest
    One of my fave Hendrix songs!

desertangel Guest
    Little Wing... right on. It's my ringtone. My ringback tones are; Third Stone From the Sun, May This Be Love and 1983. Before that I had All Along the Watchtower, Star Spangled Banner and Red House. I call myself once in a while just to hear them. I know I'm probably feeding The Evil Machine, but I love Hendrix and I couldn't resist when Verizon added them.

My next favorite artist is Stevie Nicks. She is also a fan of Hendrix and in fact opened for him early in her career. I was amazed at the different levels of connection between the two artists as I was researching. And deepened my belief in kindred spirits.

Angel, by Jimi Hendrix (said to be written about his mother after she died)

Angel came down from heaven yesterday
    She stayed with me just long enough to rescue me
    And she told me a story yesterday,
    About the sweet love between the moon and the deep blue sea
    And then she spread her wings high over me
    She said she's gonna come back tomorrow

And I said, "Fly on my sweet angel,
    Fly on through the sky,
    Fly on my sweet angel,
    Tomorrow I'm gonna be by your side"

Sure enough this morning came unto me
    Silver wings silhouetted against the child's sunrise
    And my angel she said unto me,
    "Today is the day for you to rise
    Take my hand, you're gonna be my man,
    You're gonna rise"
    And then she took high over yonder

Fly on through the sky,
    Fly on my sweet angel,
    Forever I will be by your side"

SlippyInvader Guest
    Wow I didn't know that was written about his mother..Lovely song.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Little Wing... right on. It's my ringtone. My ringback tones are; Third Stone From the Sun, May This Be Love and 1983. Before that I had All Along the Watchtower, Star Spangled Banner and Red House. I call myself once in a while just to hear them. I know I'm probably feeding The Evil Machine, but I love Hendrix and I couldn't resist when Verizon added them.

My next favorite artist is Stevie Nicks. She is also a fan of Hendrix and in fact opened for him early in her career. I was amazed at the different levels of connection between the two artists as I was researching. And deepened my belief in kindred spirits.

Angel, by Jimi Hendrix (said to be written about his mother after she died)

Angel came down from heaven yesterday
    She stayed with me just long enough to rescue me
    And she told me a story yesterday,
    About the sweet love between the moon and the deep blue sea
    And then she spread her wings high over me
    She said she's gonna come back tomorrow

Fly on through the sky,
    Fly on my sweet angel,
    Tomorrow I'm gonna be by your side"

Sure enough this morning came unto me
    Silver wings silhouetted against the child's sunrise
    And my angel she said unto me,
    "Today is the day for you to rise
    Take my hand, you're gonna be my man,
    You're gonna rise"
    And then she took high over yonder

Fly on through the sky,
    Fly on my sweet angel,
    Forever I will be by your side"
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyInvader View Post
    Wow I didn't know that was written about his mother..Lovely song.
    Yes Angel was written about his mother whom he loved very much!

Its to bad that hag Janie who is getting rich of Jimi won't let his mother be buried in the Hendrix Family plot! But her mom is buried there!

Janie amazes me how she trys to hide the fact she isn't related to Jimi at all!!

She is a joke!

alot of peope think she is his real sister. She met him maybe once or twice when she was little!

She really doesn't know much about him, except how rich she is getting off of him!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Yes Angel was written about his mother whom he loved very much!

Its to bad that hag Janie who is getting rich of Jimi won't let his mother be buried in the Hendrix Family plot! But her mom is buried there!

Janie amazes me how she trys to hide the fact she isn't related to Jimi at all!!

She is a joke!

alot of peope think she is his real sister. She met him maybe once or twice when she was little!

She really doesn't know much about him, except how rich she is getting off of him!
    according to Cross' book she met him a grand total of 4 times ( she was only nine years old on Jimi's last visit)

Her 2001 salary from Hendrix's estate was well over $800,000 !!! Despite this she claimed the estate had no money. Parasite.

Danny62 Guest
    according to Cross' book she met him a grand total of 4 times ( she was only nine years old on Jimi's last visit)

Her 2001 salary from Hendrix's estate was well over $800,000 !!! Despite this she claimed the estate had no money. Parasite.
    Yeah she been using it to pay off houses and such! She did get scolded by the court for doing that when Leon tried to sue to take over Hendrix's music rights!

I can't remember which book, but she talked about this deep conversations she had with Jimi.

Like I said she never admits to being a step sister.

Its always "My brother Jimi."

I hear she even tried to have her birth certificate altered to reflect Al as her real dad!

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    cash,

great link, thanks......................

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulie Girl View Post
    cash,

great link, thanks......................
    Yeah Cash and thanks for getting my blood pressure up!!

Anytime I hear Janies name I get pissed!!!

at least I am not the only one who can't stand her!!

any body read sharon lawrences book ?

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    any body read sharon lawrences book ?

I did! Supposedly Monika claims pouring red wine over Jimi after he was dead!! Thats what she told Sharon.

And the great tidbit about that skank Janie handling one of jimi's boyhood drawings and showing them to a reporter. she was eating a cheeseburger and got grease marks all over the drawings!!

Yeah she is sympathetic to Jimi isn't she?

Sharons is a must read! I love how she talks about when her and Jimi would sit in restaurants and just talk for hours!

Good book!!!

leeny994 Guest
    i also read sharon's book! I agree, it is sooo a must read!

Every six months or so this guitarist turns up in Singapore to play gigs. He bills himself as Jimi's brother. I never bothered to find out if it was true and never attend the gigs. What is he going to do? Play covers?.........pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Every six months or so this guitarist turns up in Singapore to play gigs. He bills himself as Jimi's brother. I never bothered to find out if it was true and never attend the gigs. What is he going to do? Play covers?.........pass.

He does have a brother Leon who does play guitar! But I have never heard him and I don't think he even has much talent on guitar...trying to get by on Jimi's name!

Well hell since Janie helped him get screwed out of Jimi's fortune so she can hoard it all to herself and HER family poor Leon had to do something!

Oh she made sure Leon got one of Jimi's gold records in the will when Al died! Her choice of course!!!

No doubt she fanagled Al into making sure she got all the money when he died!!!

I can't stand Janie!!!!!

Leon! There you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Danny62 Guest
    Leon! There you go.
    I think he got involved in drugs and spent some time in Jail!! Hell janie even claims Leon isn't Al's son!

And then she hides the fact she isn't his daughter!!! Whole thing is fucked up!!!

If you want Danny, next time he plays here I will get a poster for you. Btw, we get the Police in a month or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you want Danny, next time he plays here I will get a poster for you. Btw, we get the Police in a month or so.
    You going to see them, Neil? They're in Tokyo in the first week of February. I think Sting's a pompous ass but I've got my ticket! baw haw haw!

I see dead people Guest
    Red Balls pizza in Woodland Hills has an autographed guitar of his hanging on the wall. Cool place! Rock-n-roll pizza. Anyone live close and loves music, check it out. You can spend hours reading all the shit on the walls.

leevancleef Guest
    i found this interview with Janie, "where she shares the memories she has of her brother"(please, gimme a break...), and talks about the Experience Hendrix company:

Before Experience Hendrix was started in 1995, who was handling the business for the Jimi Hendrix Estate?

It was our former attorney.

Why did it take the family so long to take over the business of Jimi Hendrix?

It took us two and a half years. Prior to that we never thought we were out of control. We thought that our attorney had our best interests at heart and that he was handling it in our best interests, but, we didn't find out until 1992 that when he was trying to sell the rights, he didn't have our best interests at heart.

How many family members are involved in Experience Hendrix?

Let's see, half the employees are family members, and I have about a dozen employees.

Are you having problems with Bootleg Hendrix products?

Well, we probably had more back in the days.... It's kind of subsided a bit, because we have Dagger Records. We basically bootleg the bootleggers. (Laughs). We come out with CD's that can only be found on our website and in our catalog. Basically we acquire tapes of whole concerts or apartment jams or some things that the bootleggers have never gotten a hold of. A lot of times you go into various music stores and they're called imports, but, they're not necessarily imports, they're bootlegs. Then people are fooled. Sometimes Jimi's not on them or he's a sideman, and they're charging $50.00 a CD, where were not doing that to people. We're giving them a really good product at a reasonable price, but it doesn't clog up the bins. It doesn't confuse the new and coming fan that wants to hear Jimi's music in stereo sound versus mono. They want to hear Jimi in the best light. So, it doesn't confuse them that way.

When I walk into Spencers, I see the name Elvis and The Beatles on everything from pillows to lunch pails. Are you planning to license the name Jimi Hendrix like Priscilla Presley did to Elvis?

We try to be very tasteful. (bitch)

Glad to hear it.

(Laughs). There's a difference between Jimi and Elvis. Jimi wrote and we own as a family over 100 songs. So, Elvis is a persona. He didn't write his songs.

is there a lot of material of Jimi's that has yet to be released?

Oh yeah. At least another 2 more years (worth).

How is that possible? He must've lived in the recording studio?

He did (laughs).

Do you find this material in a vault?

They're all in different places. We manage to retrieve a lot of tapes from people's homes or they were in recording studios that got torn down. So, we're manages to re-gain control over these tapes. But, as far as his drive for writing music and recording virtually everything ... if he didn't do it in the studio, he did it in his own apartment. He had like a 4 track that he carried around with him. He just constantly heard music, so he was just constantly recording.

What is or was the Red House Tour?
    That was my cousin Bob's baby. It's our 18-wheeler. It's a museum on wheels. It's interactive. It's totally free, to the public. There are replicas of guitars, clothing inside. We obviously don't have the originals 'cause the insurance would choke us. (Laughs). There's a running video that can be seen of Jimi performing. And then of course there's memorabilia that people can buy.
    (more...)

leevancleef Guest
    I guess you don't remember him all that well ?

- Well, I knew him (Laughs).(yeah, laugh bitch, laugh at your own lies!)
    I remember what I remember. I think what happens to a lot of us is we can't remember what happened a week ago, but I can remember when Jimi was here. It's the quality of time and the fact it was a homecoming when Jimi came home. Nobody wanted to go to sleep when he was here. You just wanted to stay up and talk to him all night.

Did he ever take out his guitar and start playing?
    No. The interesting thing about that is, everyone I know that hung out with Jimi let's say in New York, said it's very odd that everywhere he went he did have his guitar and would play. I think his thing about coming to visit the family was just that. He wanted to be focused and spend time with the family.

When was the last time you saw him?

July 26th, 1970. (i highly doubt it)

About 6 weeks then before he passed away.

About 8 weeks. (yeah, whatever...)

Do you recall what his mood was like at the time?

He was in really good spirits. His plan was, he had to do his European Tour. He had just finished Electric Lady Studios. He was really excited about that. He had just finished Electric Ladyland, the album. He kept telling my dad he was working on this new kind of music, and that Dad would be doubly proud of him. He wanted to include other instruments in his band, so it wasn't just a three-piece group. It would have horns and keyboards. I kind of relay that to what Earth, Wind and Fire became in 1971, which is a year after Jimi died. I think it was more of that full band effect. Then he also told my father to start looking for a house in Mercer Island. That's where Paul Allen and Bill Gates live. At the time Jimi was growing up and of course up until 1979 my dad retired; he used to be a gardener, a lot of my dad's clients were over at Mercer Island, so we experienced how the rich people live. So, he wanted my dad to find a house on the water. He wanted to take a sabbatical and leave and come stay with us far a few months. Chill out. He'd been on the road for over 3 years.

Are you satisfied with the official verdict of your brother's death or do you believe there was foul play involved?

I know how he died. I know how it was reported in the media and the two aren't the same.

Alright, then do you believe your brother was murdered?
    Oh, conspiracy theories. Well, I've heard conspiracy theories since I was 9 years old. That's how old I was when he passed away. It could drive you crazy and I'm not saying it was. Anything's possible. My Dad used to say never say never. But, I guess this is the way the family looks at it. You could sit and think of how and why somebody passed away, but you can't bring them back. We spent many years looking into certain things and then of course all the people that seemed to be involved at the time are no longer here. So, what do you do? It's like you can't bring that person back and we're here to live and to continue the music he left us, and that's what we concentrate on doing.

Shes so full of shit that i cant even start to comment....

leeny994 Guest
    janie makes my brain ache and ache.... i think jimi is doing gymnastics in his grave... but hey janie could market that too.... she was nine when he died.... umm yeah i am sure she and jimi were confidants....

Quote Originally Posted by Noor 7ayaty View Post
    BTW, Dan, would you please share some of your theories with us? I forget which biography I read, but it mentioned nothing of possible foul play ... then again, there are still some people who think OJ didn't do it ...

I read somewhere that he was choking and trying to turn over or get up and couldn't, because an EMS tech kept pushing him back down so he could treat him. Which doesn't make much sense. Of course, back then EMS techs were not trained as they are today. Still, when someone is choking, you turn them or let them up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I read somewhere that he was choking and trying to turn over or get up and couldn't, because an EMS tech kept pushing him back down so he could treat him. Which doesn't make much sense. Of course, back then EMS techs were not trained as they are today. Still, when someone is choking, you turn them or let them up.
    This was a story made up by that Skank Monika! Jimi was already dead! They interviewed the EMS techs some years back!

They did try to clear his airways but there was to much vomit!

The true story only came out a few years ago about what happened.

I always thought they were involved somehow in Hendrix's death as well!!

This was a story made up by that Skank Monika! Jimi was already dead! They interviewed the EMS techs some years back!
    Figures.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

mcconk2 Guest
    hi cindy, thought the hendrix death was (pardon the pun) cut and dried?

Quote Originally Posted by mcconk2 View Post
    hi cindy, thought the hendrix death was (pardon the pun) cut and dried?
    Like I said in another post, I had always read that Jimi was choking and the paramedics failed to clear his airway properly--which, I admitt, doesn't make sense. But since reading this thread, I've learned about another theory. That he was in fact dead when EMS got there and that he had most def been murdered. But who knows? There are always conspiracy theories when stars die.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Like I said in another post, I had always read that Jimi was choking and the paramedics failed to clear his airway properly--which, I admitt, doesn't make sense. But since reading this thread, I've learned about another theory. That he was in fact dead when EMS got there and that he had most def been murdered. But who knows? There are always conspiracy theories when stars die.
    I think Monika knew much more about Jimi's death then she ever said?

She pretty much threw the blame at the paramedics for killing Jimi when she wasn't even with Jimi when the EMS techs showed up! Nor did she accompany him to the hospital like she claimed!!!

I am sure we will never find out the true story of what happened!

I think Monika knew much more about Jimi's death then she ever said?

She pretty much threw the blame at the paramedics for killing Jimi when she wasn't even with Jimi when the EMS techs showed up! Nor did she accompany him to the hospital like she claimed!!!

I am sure we will never find out the true story of what happened!
    When people blame others and lie about where they were, it's a good sign they have guilty knowledge. I agree, we probably won't ever know the truth.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I always liked the song Angel, seemed it wasn't a favorite among the masses though. I also liked "Burning the midnight lamp" but HATED!!! the production of that song, they should re-mix it.

Leon Hendrix's official website:

http://blackdotcoffee.com/LEON1.html