Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alice Cooper

Danny62 Guest

Alice Cooper

I love this guys music.

Even though he became a born again Christian...I shit you not!!!!

And I hear he is a super nice guy!!!!!!!!!!

He details in his new book how him and groucho became really good friends!

Darrianne Guest
    I heard that he was a Christian! I like a lot of his songs...........of course, he is another thing people say that, as a Christian, I am not supposed to enjoy!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I heard that he was a Christian! I like a lot of his songs...........of course, he is another thing people say that, as a Christian, I am not supposed to enjoy!
    Alice was going to stop performing but his pastor told him it was fine to be a Christan and still be Alice. His album "The Last temptation" was about his switch. This song on the CD kind of sums up the new Alice:

Cleanced By Fire

I don't know but I've been told
    The streets of hell are paved with gold
    Crazy, crazy
    You told me that nothing's free
    Except my own insanity
    Crazy, maybe
    Wake me, shake me
    Wake me, shake me

You offer me the world and all its wealth
    All for myself
    You promised me a life eternally
    And drink to my health
    I may seem only half-glued
    But I can see right through you

[CHORUS]
    Burn it up, burn it down
    Burn this sucker to the ground
    Oh yeah, oh yeah
    Going, going, going, gone
    There's a party going on

Do you think I don't know who you are
    A fallen star
    When I feel my soul scream out at night
    I know you're not far
    You need a better disguise
    This one won't win any prize

[CHORUS]

Cleansed by fire, cleansed by fire
    I may seem only half-glued
    But I can see right through you

What about dark
    What about light
    What about wrong
    What about right
    What about death
    What about sin
    What about the web you're trying to spin

What about truth
    What about life
    What about glory
    What about Christ
    What about peace
    What about love
    What about faith in God above
    What about war
    What about hell
    What if I stumble
    What if I fell
    What about blood
    What about greed
    And all of these things you're offering me

Yeah, what about me, little me
    You lose and I win
    You couldn't suck me in
    It's over, you have no power
    You're lost
    And I'm found
    And I'm Heaven bound
    Go back to where you belong
    To where you fell
    Go to hell

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    I have his album "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Killer" from when I was like 13 or so. I thought his dad was a pastor? I'll always love Alice. He's so cool.

He's a fellow Phoenician and a VERY nice guy. I saw him on the golf courses all the time. An ex of mine went to high school with him back in the 60's and she said that he drove a yellow Charger and was a hit with all the chicks. Also, in Phoenix we had a local kids show called the Wallace and Ladmo Show that ran from 1950 until the early 90's. (you can Youtube it) and Alice (Vincent Frunier back then) was in their house band "Hubcap and the Wheels". If anyone from Phoenix is reading this and knows what I'm talking about, I won two Ladmo Bags when I was a kid!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanDeathHag View Post
    I have his album "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Killer" from when I was like 13 or so. I thought his dad was a pastor? I'll always love Alice. He's so cool.
    Yes his dad was a pastor. I have alot of respect for Alice how he beat his addiction to Alcohol!

The man totally turned his life around!

This is a great interview with him about his change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxcMN3im1sQ

tensecondstolove Guest
    I love Alice. He's just an all-around awesome guy. I haven't heard anything about him in ages though!

Danny62 Guest
    In his book he mentions his encounter with Frank Sinatra. Frank really hated Rock music. He could not stand Jim Morrison.

I guess Alice was at a charity baseball game in Vegas and some kid wanted to come and watch and could not get in so Alice went over and let him in the game. Turned out to be the son of one of Franks bodyguards.

So that night in vegas Frank find Alice tells him how appreicative he was!

And told Alice when he performed at the Hollywood bowl he would sing Alice's song "you and me" as a payback for what Alice did!

ComputerGuy Guest
    I have all his albums, yes albums, and saw him in concert in 1975 or so. Great concert

magblax Guest
    Love Alice! He is a DJ here in Phoenix! My favorite album is "From the Inside".. favorite songs "Millie and Billie" and "How You Gonna See Me Now"

SueWahoo Guest
    I liked the popular Alice songs that are played on the radio but I didn't know tons about him. Sure, I saw pics of his wild shows and whatnot but I really liked Alice when I saw him on one of those Behind the Music programs. Then, a few years ago, when I lived in Michigan, a station began to carry his radio show and I started to listen to it. Alice is one of those guys that remembers and tells these really great stories about other musicians and moments (and he can be really funny). He also played a lot of his own music that were deep cuts. I was really impressed by those songs so I bought his greatest hits Mascara & Monsters. I loved it!

Sue

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Love Alice! He is a DJ here in Phoenix! My favorite album is "From the Inside".. favorite songs "Millie and Billie" and "How You Gonna See Me Now"
    That's my favourite album of his too. I remember when I was about seven dancing around singing Nurse Rosetta at the top of my lungs.

I also remember the last time he was in Australia someone asked him what he thought of Marilyn Manson. Alice said he wanted to talk to MM and say a la Darth Vader: "Marilyn, I am your father!"

deathybrad Guest
    Does anyone believe the story that he secretly died years ago?

ST Moron Guest
    I heard something about Alice Cooper years ago that perhaps someone can confirm (or contradict):

When Alice first started playing music, he was a fairly "normal"-looking musician. With no makeup or theatrics or anything.

The problem was that the record companies wouldn't take him or his music seriously unless he was somehow "different," hence the makeup and stage antics.

Has anyone heard something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I love this guys music.

Even though he became a born again Christian...I shit you not!!!!

And I hear he is a super nice guy!!!!!!!!!!

He details in his new book how him and groucho became really good friends!
    His golf playing buddy is George W. Bush.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    His golf playing buddy is George W. Bush.
    Really? I know he almost got to play golf with gerald Ford.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    That's my favourite album of his too. I remember when I was about seven dancing around singing Nurse Rosetta at the top of my lungs.

I also remember the last time he was in Australia someone asked him what he thought of Marilyn Manson. Alice said he wanted to talk to MM and say a la Darth Vader: "Marilyn, I am your father!"
    LOL!

Danny62 Guest
    LOL!
    I wonder where Marilyn Manson got his looks from???

Marilyn Manson will never top Alice. I got to see Alice I think in 2001 during his "Brutal Planet" tour.

It would have been neat to see him in the 1970's with the original band!!!!

magblax Guest

He looks like Nicolas Cage and Pete Burn's lovechild.

Danny62 Guest

He looks like Nicolas Cage and Pete Burn's lovechild.
    Never seen him without makeup before!!

Thanks for the pic!

magblax Guest
    Here's without makeup sporting the Pete Burns look .

IMHO he ripps off Annie Lennox's style more than Alice Cooper.

Danny62 Guest
    Here's without makeup sporting the Pete Burns look .

IMHO he ripps off Annie Lennox's style more than Alice Cooper.
    I often wondered when the guy didn't wear his makeup? I have never seen pics of him without it!

He is even kind of smiling???

Shes Not There Guest
    Alice is the shit! I was going to see him in Sept in Wisconsin, but I came back to TX before the concert. I also loved his radio show, he's an awesome person...I'd love to have dinner with the man. My favorite song is Black Widow~I got my very first tattoo because of that song. I love "You and Me" and "Only Women Bleed"..."Cold Ethyl"...I think he's an honorary death hag!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shes Not There View Post
    Alice is the shit! I was going to see him in Sept in Wisconsin, but I came back to TX before the concert. I also loved his radio show, he's an awesome person...I'd love to have dinner with the man. My favorite song is Black Widow~I got my very first tattoo because of that song. I love "You and Me" and "Only Women Bleed"..."Cold Ethyl"...I think he's an honorary death hag!
    If you notice my forum signature is from "Cold Ethyl"!

LOL

Shes Not There Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    If you notice my forum signature is from "Cold Ethyl"!

LOL
    oh yeah! I noticed as soon as you changed it!

DeadRinger Guest
    Brutal Planet is the best album! Pick Up The Bones - best song!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shes Not There View Post
    oh yeah! I noticed as soon as you changed it!
    I am sure people that don't know the song may think I have issues...then again I am on this site so I am not exactly normal!!

RoRo Guest
    I was lucky and saw Alice when I was 8 ( in the 70s )...my fav album is Welcome To My Nightmare..got it on my 8th b-day and Alice played in Nashville that summer...I was freaked when after the concert in the paper the next day they said one of his snakes had gotten loose in the auditorium and they hadn't found it at showtime....but he was amazing..my friend met him later that night at a little restaurant near Vanderbilt and said he was the most normal guy

Irishlass Guest
    Alice Cooper Father was a preacher, so he maybe born again or always has been a christain...I remember identifying with him when i was teen because my dad was a preacher to

cindysgold Guest
    Has anyone heard Alice's radio show ? He's a funny guy!

I liked his behind the music on VH1...One of the best I've seen.

dirk diggler Guest
    I think he's been out here recently doin shows plus like a few on here i had most of his early albums in the 70's still got some of the covers unfortunatly tho the actual vinyl is beyond help one i have called "School Days" which is a double album i notice now is 2 seperate albums "Pretties for you" and "Easy Action" never the less some great songs in there.. :"Fields Of Regret" the standout..

jade0425 Guest
    i met alice back in 1988 and he was one of the nicest people that i've ever met. his wife was with him. they have been married forever and have a beautiful daughter, calico. he claims that he has always been faithful to his wife, saying that he wouldn't blow up his life with her over some cheap whore. he has my ultimate respect.

Keyser Soze Guest

Alice Cooper Bi-Sexual?

I have to say that I am in shock, I just read this now- but never heard it before. Not that I have anything against it, just never knew or thought about him of all people...

I dont believe it
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Nowereman Guest
    I don't care what his sexual preference is, as long as he keeps rockin'

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Are u kiddin...he's a respected business figure in PHX...his rep and his biz associates would be harmed if he really made any statement like that..."not that it makes you a bad person"... I could give a shit less about sexual politics...but playing "hide the weener in the bun" is the kiss of death in the corporate world that Alice lives in good ole AZ

Gosh, I imagine that dead gay men everywhere are thrilled !

hoxharding Guest

alice cooper

Where did you see this? I have never heard anything about it.
    His love of golf-yes I have heard plenty about that.

janel Guest
    On a recent Rock Star Wives show he said he was faithful to his wife of many years. He stated it wasn't worth throwing away their relationship for a brief time of nookie.

magblax Guest
    I don't believe it. Allice is a great family man...who's to say what happened in his younger days. But now I would say NO.

onehunglow Guest
    I don't believe it. Allice is a great family man...who's to say what happened in his younger days. But now I would say NO.

He is. I seen him working on his house and he looks just like anyone else. At that time the kids were small. Act comes to mind. I use to have to deliver to his neighbor hood. Nice house but I really expected a super mansion. Not the case.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    He is. I seen him working on his house and he looks just like anyone else. At that time the kids were small. Act comes to mind. I use to have to deliver to his neighbor hood. Nice house but I really expected a super mansion. Not the case.
    He's actually a down to earth mellow guy. Alice Djs during the week nights for a Phoenix radio station and does tons of charity work...really generous.

bluebear71 Guest
    Why does it matter?

Jazbabee Guest
    As if this will make a difference in anyone's life..........

onehunglow Guest
    He's actually a down to earth mellow guy. Alice Djs during the week nights for a Phoenix radio station and does tons of charity work...really generous.
    I know, we get his show up here. I love his stories and the truth behind them. He may have moved but 25 years ago his house wasn't even gated.

I certainly hope not. He's old and gross. Not even when he was cool would I want him to be. Just plain fugly.

Keyser Soze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    Why does it matter?

It doesnt matter- but it is interesting

Kathyf Guest
    Never heard of that but could br true who knows?

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    It doesnt matter- but it is interesting
    fair enough

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowereman View Post
    I don't care what his sexual preference is, as long as he keeps rockin'

NUFF SAID...