Thread: To Catch a Predator

To Catch a Predator

I always enjoy watching this show no matter how often is is repeated. The scary thing is that we could build a million jails, and that wouldn't be enough to hold all those perverts. My wife dosn't understand my fascination with that show. The way I see it, it's better for me to watch the show than to be a guest on it.

I love it, too. My husband and I always joke to each other, never let anybody offer you sweet tea, and then tell you they'll be right back after they change clothes!

Seriously, though, it is great to watch those scumbags get caught. I love Chris Hansen!

I love these shows too. Are they still doing them?

I haven't seen any for a while! The one that really stuck with me was the rabbi! Man, that infuriated me!

I hope they're working on new ones. For awhile all I saw on MSNBC were other "To Catch A..." shows. There was To Catch a Scam Artist (think that's what it was) about the Nigerian email scams. That was really good. Nothing beats the pedophile ones, though. What a bunch of losers. Like the guy who brought candy, liquor, and condoms with him and Chris Hansen was like, "What were going to do with all of these things with a 13-year-old girl?" Or the guy who stripped naked and came in through the garage door into the house. Whoah.

I saw some web site selling "Chris Hanson is a cockblocker" Tee Shirts.....

I like to watch that show but as a father and grandfather it makes me angry at a primal level. Those dirtbags will never change.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

When these people are confronted, are they held to anything legally? Would it be "malicious intent" or "conspiracy"- something like that?

And then, having been caught by a television network, why on earth would they sign a consent form for their appearance- to be viewed by their families and co-workers? I've wondered about that with the people on COPS too.
    Are theyoffered a plea bargain- like let off easier if they agree to appear on the program?If so, that would bother me- like justice being tempered with the economic value of the program to the network.

Justice and Money have always had a comfortable relationship.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Did anyone see the one where the guy brought his child with him????

Check out Perverted Justice's website. They have the chat logs there. Fucking disgusting.

You can't rehabilitate these people. One cannot change what sexually excites them; THAT's what's so scary about these freaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

I can't deal with this show. I have no sympathy for these guys and think they should be sent to their own deserted island so they can never hurt another child again. But I kinda feel like this is entrapment... How can this legally hold up in court? It's hard to convict someone on what "They were going to do." Granted when they show up with rope and lube it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but it seems like a fine line that we are crossing.

If this becomes ok to do what is going to stop Police officers in doing similar things for other crimes?

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I thought I had seen it all when they showed the guy getting busted TWICE! Once at the home and the next day ata McDonalds or something!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I guess you could call it entrapment but if they had not been hitting on a teen on the web they wouldn't be in this mess inthe first place.
    They are not picking these guys out from the phone book. These sicko are im'ng or contacting teens on the web, trying to get them to meet them too bad if they are talking to an undercover cop. I don't care how they get them ,as long as they get them. This isn't the first time this guy has done this shit. It won;t be the last either.
    I firmly believe we need to find out what part of the brain controls this way of thinking and give them all a lobotomy

Everytime I watch this show I wonder when one of these sickos is going to recognize the host of the show, pull a gun and shoot him. He's either pretty brave or just stupid not to think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I guess you could call it entrapment but if they had not been hitting on a teen on the web they wouldn't be in this mess inthe first place.
    They are not picking these guys out from the phone book. These sicko are im'ng or contacting teens on the web, trying to get them to meet them too bad if they are talking to an undercover cop. I don't care how they get them ,as long as they get them. This isn't the first time this guy has done this shit. It won;t be the last either.
    I firmly believe we need to find out what part of the brain controls this way of thinking and give them all a lobotomy
    How about sentencing them to permanent Depoprevara so that they are unable to function, sexually? However, if you listen to the poster boy for reformed pedo's, Jake Goldenflame (does anyone think that is his real name?), even if they cannot get an erection they will still molest if not treated.

They say most pedo's have been molested themselves....maybe 20-30 years ago but I am not so sure anymore. We live in a youth obsessed society, seems the younger the better as far as sexual objectification.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Everytime I watch this show I wonder when one of these sickos is going to recognize the host of the show, pull a gun and shoot him. He's either pretty brave or just stupid not to think of that.
    I always think the same thing. Some day he is gonna get his head blown off because I know its a sick subject but people are sooner or later gonna pinpoint him as the man who is ruining their lives and boom he gone.. mhmm.
    I never understood the interest in pediphilia or any of those weird ones but its all around us and its freaky.. F R E A K Y!

Yes we make our kids watch it with us, it opens thier eyes to what can happen. Great show, we aslo send show them the Bad Stories of preditors who arnt stopped. It seems to mean mire to them than just us as parents lechuring again
    "Living is not measured in how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!"

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Or perhaps this show is fake and everyone are actors. I know that in itself sounds sick but hey television is a business that lives/dies for ratings.