Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1205

Thread: British Royal Family

navallint Guest
    Wheee! He forgot his whip and queen was very pissed off.

I so hate the UK Royal Family.
    Hope they will die soon.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

It's a fake.

Bidmor Guest
    Guess he didn't cotton to the idea of donating all of his blood for the Queen's dinner. The Royals are reptilian shapeshifters who require blood to exist, don't you know.

It's a girl for William and Kate, I hope they use Diana as either first or middle name.

I think it'll be more like a middle name. And hurray! Some good news for a change!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Diana would make a wonderful middle name. I wonder how the Queen thinks about the H.R.H. Great Grandmum thingy?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

She loves it, I think. She was wearing pink and beaming today.

I think this new generation of Royals will be wonderful.

I think so too Cleanskull. I like the way Diana started to teach her kids empathy.

Yes, they get it. Like William has said, "My mother was the People's Princess, and I shall be the People's King,"

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I agree; nothing weird or outlandish.

I think as soon as they found out it was a girl, the name Diana had to be involved somehow. I've already read on other board that some don't like the fact it wasn't her first name but this is the best option in my opinion. If her first name had been Diana then the little one would never be anything more than a clone of her grandmother and forever compared to her.

It is pretty. I made a random FB post as a guess and came up with this name. Several pretty names there with meaning to the family. Hopefully The Queen won't come unglued being in a name with Diana.

I agree with others that it is a crime for Kate to look that great leaving the hospital 10 1/2 hours after labor and delivery.

I like the name. and I also thought if she had the first name diana, she'd have alot of pressures etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I like the name. and I also thought if she had the first name diana, she'd have alot of pressures etc.
    ^^^^^This. Such a sweet name. I just hope that some people don't start calling her Diana anyway.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    She loves it, I think. She was wearing pink and beaming today.
    I think this new generation of Royals will be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I think so too Cleanskull. I like the way Diana started to teach her kids empathy.
    Yes, they get it. Like William has said, "My mother was the People's Princess, and I shall be the People's King,"
    ITA with everyone's recent posts here! I loved Diana, and love William and Catherine... beautiful, beautiful, loving family... Diana would be SO happy, and SO proud!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

A beautiful name, and a touching nod to Diana. She would be so proud of both her boys.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    A beautiful name, and a touching nod to Diana. She would be so proud of both her boys.
    She is. She's looking down and proud that her Sons will change the face of the Monarchy.

She is. She's looking down and proud that her Sons will change the face of the Monarchy.
    Maybe this should be taken with a pinch of salt but many insiders claim it is William she wants to succeed her and not Charles. I was never 100% keen on Diana but one thing you can't deny is she tried to let the boys have as normal lives as possible and their actions now are showing that. Unlike Charles, William and Harry knows the other side of the coin as it were and a lot of those in the know, the queen included think that means he will be a more modern king that Charles who is old school.

But...I get the feeling that since Charles has waited this long, he's not going walk away that easily especially with Camilla by his side.

So would Camilla be know as HRH's Booty Call?

It is beautiful, and yes she would be so proud.

And Kate looks so good for just giving birth!

gottaqhfilly Guest
    They should have named her Aisha, after the new overlords.

I did read somewhere that Elizabeth, did make William next in line for the throne, but then some law came up that said she couldn't do that, so who knows, me I think William should take over after the Queen passes away.

Will not happen. Charles will be king upon his mother's death.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I did read somewhere that Elizabeth, did make William next in line for the throne, but then some law came up that said she couldn't do that, so who knows, me I think William should take over after the Queen passes away.
    That would be the only way too change the face and perception of the Royals. Charles would just be the same ol' same ol'.

They had a poll up a while back, on who should succeed Elizabeth and the pollers said William should be next in line, but I've never heard a law an that.

The Queen will be 90 soon, and her mother lived to be 101. She could go on for 6 or 7 more yrs. depending on her health. Charles and Camilla will be in their 70's by then. If he's smart, he'll hand it over to Will and Kate when the time comes.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Yes, but William is a young family man at the moment. He should be able to enjoy that for now.

31. 05-13-2015, 11:02 AM

32. 05-13-2015, 11:07 AM

Xiroi Guest
    No, the Queen never made William the next in line and there was no law coming out of nowhere saying she couldn't do that. Charles is the Crown Prince and has been since his mother became queen. Even if she preferred personally to skip Charles, that's something we can only guess but she'll certainly would never say a word publicly.

The Queen will be 90 soon, and her mother lived to be 101. She could go on for 6 or 7 more yrs. depending on her health. Charles and Camilla will be in their 70's by then. If he's smart, he'll hand it over to Will and Kate when the time comes.
    Only the good die young.

The Queen at age 7 doing a nazi salute

Bidmor Guest
    Thanks, cash.

Post 983 doesn't surprise me but it is, nonetheless, interesting.

Prior to 1917, the British royals carried the name of the "House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", a Germanic dynastic family, the line of the Saxon House of Wettin. The name House of Windsor is relatively new as in 1917 in order to publicly distance the royals from Germany, George V changed the name of his branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor.

To the royals, the subject of bloodlines are still taken very seriously and all steps are taken insure the bloodline continues. That's why this supposed home movie was kept private. Might be a little scary what goes on behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Thanks, cash.

Post 983 doesn't surprise me but it is, nonetheless, interesting.

Prior to 1917, the British royals carried the name of the "House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", a Germanic dynastic family, the line of the Saxon House of Wettin. The name House of Windsor is relatively new as in 1917 in order to publicly distance the royals from Germany, George V changed the name of his branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha to Windsor.

To the royals, the subject of bloodlines are still taken very seriously and all steps are taken insure the bloodline continues. That's why this supposed home movie was kept private. Might be a little scary what goes on behind closed doors.
    More nauseating actually

King Edward (later the Duke of Windsor) was a bonehead. The Sun should be ashamed of themselves.

King Edward (later the Duke of Windsor) was a bonehead. The Sun should be ashamed of themselves.
    Excellent summation Mary. He did the UK a big favor when he abdicated.

Remember the British royal family are of German Heritage
    their last name was : Saxe-coburg until WWI.

With anti-German feelings they had to change it.

Anyone watching The Royals on Netflix? It's a miniseries with titles such as Marriages, Funerals, Teens, Scandals, and so on. It's okay. I did learn a few things that may or may not be true.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Me! I tuned in last night. It's a rather quick summary of things, so far.

No. I've seen the commercials for it and even though I know it's fiction I'm afraid I'd see things that would make me dislike the RF and I really like them so I don't want to do that.

What I'm watching is a documentary with clips and speakers, not fiction. (That's what I thought it was, but it's not.)
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-21-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Ingrid Seward makes me crazy. Every time she's on screen I'm yelling "put on some lipstick!"

Ingrid Seward makes me crazy. Every time she's on screen I'm yelling "put on some lipstick!"
    Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've watched most of the episodes. I'm fascinated by the older Royal family- pre Elizabeth and this covers a lot about the current royals. It's not a bad show. A little too much about William and Kate and Harry though.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I've watched most of the episodes. I'm fascinated by the older Royal family- pre Elizabeth and this covers a lot about the current royals. It's not a bad show. A little too much about William and Kate and Harry though.
    Me too, and there wasn't enough about them. The burial effigies fascinated the death hag in me. There's a rumor that's been going around for years that Wallis Simpson was a man. IDK, but, man, she sure did look like a man in drag.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've heard that rumor and thought the same thing. It's been said that the Duke was either bi-sexual or gay. If any of it is true, then he was getting the best of both worlds with Wallis !

I've heard that rumor and thought the same thing. It's been said that the Duke was either bi-sexual or gay. If any of it is true, then he was getting the best of both worlds with Wallis !
    Nothing would surprise you when it comes to that family. The whole theory about them being lizards is actually making sense now lol.

OK, I'm thinking of something else. When I watched regular TV there were all these commercials for a show that was about a royal family but it was like the royal family meets Laguna Beach meets Real Housewives of the House of Windsor or something, it was definitely a fiction show, all actors, but like Cindy says this is a documentary. That I might check out.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 08-26-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    OK, I'm thinking of something else. When I watched regular TV there were all these commercials for a show that was about a royal family but it was like the royal family meets Laguna Beach meets Real Housewives of the House of Windsor or something, it was definitely a fiction show, all actors, but like Cindy says this is a documentary. That I might check out.
    Do you mean The Royals that was on E with Liz Hurley? I gotta agree about how cheesy it was but it was like car crash TV. You didn't wanna look away because you figured there was no way it could get anymore ridiculous and then comes along a scene to prove you wrong.