Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: British Royal Family

Bidmor Guest
    So I guess the legal name is George Alexander Louis Mountbatten-Windsor?

I hope that he goes by Alexander. I like that better. It's not up to me - congratulations royal couple
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Maybe they were showing their respect for Seinfeld. The summer of George!

I hope the media doesn't call him Georgie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

radiojane Guest
    They couldn't have called him James. Prince James. PJ. Haven't you ever seen Disney's Robin Hood?

I can just hear Phil Harris going Relax PJ!

Bidmor Guest
    I read they chose Louis as tribute to Lord Louis Mountbatten, uncle to Prince Philip and supposed mentor to Prince Charles. Louis was assassinated by the IRA in 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    So I guess the legal name is George Alexander Louis Mountbatten-Windsor?
    His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 07-24-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge
    I believe that is the public name, which is basically a title. William's full name is William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor. His title is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. It seems the royals play down the Mountbatten-Windsor name.

radiojane Guest
    Here's a little info on the last name set up:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/thecurrentro.../overview.aspx

Pat Bateman Guest
    George is such a stuffy old-man name I bet the Queen is delighted, though. Perhaps William and Kate decided to appease HRH with this name so they can name a future daughter Diana.

radiojane Guest
    It could also be that they don't feel the need to honor Diana in the child's name. I think the public puts way more weight in the physical reminders of Diana then her children probably do.

Some nice photos of other British royal baby homecomings, since they started having them at the hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ams-birth.html

Thinking about that hapless suicided nurse several months back still kind of sours the deal. Apparently, there were no similar issues this time around.

Just three names doesn't seem like enough. It was noted that "Arthur" was in King George VI's, Prince Charles's and Prince William's names. Seems like it would have been a given to maintain that little tradition. But then that would have made Li'l George's initial spell GALA or worse, GAAL.

Really, it's so silly when people comment that the couple should have chosen a more "modern" name, short of the idiotic names Hollywood celebs give their children. First, there probably WERE months of discussion on suitable traditional names. This isn't just someone's kid, this is now a historical figure, poor mite, with a well-known royal and noble family tree recorded for over 1000 years.

Second, what WOULD these people have? Prince Jayden, Tyler, Hunter, Josh or Zak? Adding "Michael" to the tail end could have been a nice tribute to Kate's Dad, I suppose, but "Prince Mike" does not sound too good (and Michael Jackson's boys have the lock on that name combo, LOL.) James would have been nice, but Prince Edward's young son already has that name-- might get a little confusing in years to come.

"Philip" would have covered both sides of the family, with Prince Philip and Pippa Middleton, and it would have been another carried-on name like "Arthur". I guess they still have time to tack on extra names before the christening.
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Wendy A. Guest
    I like George a lot better than some of the stupid names celebrities are naming their kids. At least they didn't name him Shoebox or something stupid like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I like George a lot better than some of the stupid names celebrities are naming their kids. At least they didn't name him Shoebox or something stupid like that.
    Haaaa! Although I still like Spencer better than going with the staid George they always seem ti stick with in honor of King George.

DrDeath Guest
    The palace said his name is George Alexander Louis Cambridge. And he is amazing! That wave was very well timed. I did wonder if Catherine had his arm on some string and just tugged it up to show off!

Why name your child after some of the worst kings in British history?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daily-morning-awesomeness-245 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	47607
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Some nice photos of other British royal baby homecomings, since they started having them at the hospital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ams-birth.html

Thinking about that hapless suicided nurse several months back still kind of sours the deal. Apparently, there were no similar issues this time around.

Just three names doesn't seem like enough. It was noted that "Arthur" was in King George VI's, Prince Charles's and Prince William's names. Seems like it would have been a given to maintain that little tradition. But then that would have made Li'l George's initial spell GALA or worse, GAAL.

Really, it's so silly when people comment that the couple should have chosen a more "modern" name, short of the idiotic names Hollywood celebs give their children. First, there probably WERE months of discussion on suitable traditional names. This isn't just someone's kid, this is now a historical figure, poor mite, with a well-known royal and noble family tree recorded for over 1000 years.

Second, what WOULD these people have? Prince Jayden, Tyler, Hunter, Josh or Zak? Adding "Michael" to the tail end could have been a nice tribute to Kate's Dad, I suppose, but "Prince Mike" does not sound too good (and Michael Jackson's boys have the lock on that name combo, LOL.) James would have been nice, but Prince Edward's young son already has that name-- might get a little confusing in years to come.

"Philip" would have covered both sides of the family, with Prince Philip and Pippa Middleton, and it would have been another carried-on name like "Arthur". I guess they still have time to tack on extra names before the christening.
    It would have to be Prince Aiden since it seems like three out of every five boys around here have that name. Either that or give him a funky spelling on a boring name, like Jorge.

It would be cool if they thought to name the baby:
    Mandela, after Nelson Mandela.

Or even Regis after American talkshow host
    Regis Philbin
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Well, I read on Yahoo that William is taking a 2-week paternity leave, the first in the history of new Royal dads. Apparently the UK has a great paid parental leave policy, and new parents can even divide the leave up between themselves. Although, I'm hoping that he doesn't take a paid leave, since he obviously doesn't need the money.

I'm not a huge Royal watcher, but I just love the Cambridges. They seem so natural together.

I like the names they chose. I think they did well. I just wish they had, had a girl. That would have been really exciting because she would be the first female directly in line to thrown if any other boys had been born after her. And I was still hoping that if they had a girl she would be named Diana.

I still can't believe that tiny, little Kate gave birth to an 8lb baby. Wow! But the last month of her pregnancy her face got fuller and I have to say, the extra weight looked good on her. Her fuller face was very pretty.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

She had gotten really thin at one time, before they announced the pregnancy. She looked skeletal.

carrieanne Guest
    I saw some posts here hoping the baby would not be called "Georgie", but it seems that's exactly what they have decided to call him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...e-charles.html

ugh

Yes, it's true. Prince Charles is calling him Georgie.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I knew it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry, once again have to say I hate the British Royal
    family.
    As one born in Scotland now living here in Canada.
    Wish they would all go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Well, I read on Yahoo that William is taking a 2-week paternity leave, the first in the history of new Royal dads. Apparently the UK has a great paid parental leave policy, and new parents can even divide the leave up between themselves. Although, I'm hoping that he doesn't take a paid leave, since he obviously doesn't need the money.

I'm not a huge Royal watcher, but I just love the Cambridges. They seem so natural together.
    It's wonderful he wants to be bonding with the baby already. I bet he makes a great Dad, and King.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Prince George's first official family photo taken by Katherine's father. They are getting some criticism for it not being professional and people are pointing out his photography errors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...etons-dad.html

radiojane Guest
    They're beautiful. And I'd bet the same people pointing out the "errors" are the ones that commented on her weight less than 24 hours post partum.

Gee, I wonder why William wouldn't want a photographer around.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    They're beautiful. And I'd bet the same people pointing out the "errors" are the ones that commented on her weight less than 24 hours post partum.

Gee, I wonder why William wouldn't want a photographer around.
    Maybe because they both have no hair.

Bidmor Guest
    I always heard the reason a male adult is bald or has thin hair is because he didn't guard against the top of his head rubbing the headboard excessively.

BTW, all I have left is what's on the sides.

Two US Marines die in attack on Prince Harry. Update.

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2013...ation-attempt/
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

WTF???!!!

GOD IS NOT DEAD

So Prince Harry has now made it to the South Pole.

What's next in his life.( For the media to cover)

I thought I'd bump this thread and ask any other Royal watchers what their thoughts are regarding Kate, William and George's trip to New Zealand? I'm not sure if it's me or what (maybe I'm reading it wrong) but does it seem like Kate is very reserved with George? Maybe it's the way she is always holding him (face out) that makes me wonder. It just appears very impersonal, the way she holds him.

I could be totally off the mark, I don't have any children so I could be wrong, but it just appeared odd to me. And Kate doesn't appear quite as smiley as she has been on previous tours. Could be that she is just tired, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I thought I'd bump this thread and ask any other Royal watchers what their thoughts are regarding Kate, William and George's trip to New Zealand? I'm not sure if it's me or what (maybe I'm reading it wrong) but does it seem like Kate is very reserved with George? Maybe it's the way she is always holding him (face out) that makes me wonder. It just appears very impersonal, the way she holds him.

I could be totally off the mark, I don't have any children so I could be wrong, but it just appeared odd to me. And Kate doesn't appear quite as smiley as she has been on previous tours. Could be that she is just tired, I guess.
    Never thought about it, but she may hold him that way so he can be seen. On the other hand, you never know, do you?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Never thought about it, but she may hold him that way so he can be seen. On the other hand, you never know, do you?
    Or maybe she is mad at him for making her so very sick at the beginning of her pregnancy that she had to be hospitalized LOL.

She just doesn't seem very cuddly with him,but again, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Or maybe she is mad at him for making her so very sick at the beginning of her pregnancy that she had to be hospitalized LOL.

She just doesn't seem very cuddly with him,but again, maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

KarmaKat Guest
    Over here we have seen lots of photos and news items where she seems very loving with him. Cuddling him. Maybe be she gave the media some shots of him to make them happy and hopefully leave them alone

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Over here we have seen lots of photos and news items where she seems very loving with him. Cuddling him. Maybe be she gave the media some shots of him to make them happy and hopefully leave them alone
    I bet that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I bet that's it.
    I never thought of that.

KarmaKat Guest
    They had a play date with other babies his age and she really seemed to be enjoying being with the other kids as well as George.
    Both Kate and Wills have made a lovely impression while they have been here

When my daughter was a baby, she always wanted to be held facing outward so that she could see what was happening. She was not a "hip" baby at all. If I put her on my hip, she would squirm around until I turned her outwards. It may truly be the baby's preference.

They had a play date with other babies his age and she really seemed to be enjoying being with the other kids as well as George.
    Both Kate and Wills have made a lovely impression while they have been here

I do think that they are a lovely couple. And I think George looks a lot like William when he was a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by rosemom View Post
    When my daughter was a baby, she always wanted to be held facing outward so that she could see what was happening. She was not a "hip" baby at all. If I put her on my hip, she would squirm around until I turned her outwards. It may truly be the baby's preference.
    I never though of that either. I agree maybe he an outfacing baby. I think CindT was right to, she holds him that way so folks can see his smiling face.

Kate is vey reserved, sweet but she seems to take these tours seriously so maybe she is just trying to act "professional" while out in public.

Giada Guest
    "The modern couple," just like everyone else ... , will most likely call him Geo ...

(Brand builder's, lazy incomptents, do nothings, but do enjoy the fruits of labor of the peasants. Neither is well-spoken, or particularly bright, who bear Geo of "royal blood", the babe who will not be king.)

Oh my, had not seen this!

Buckingham Palace odd news

Why is this kid desparate to escape, naked?

http://breakingdownthnews.blogspot.c...uckingham.html

He was taking advantage of his prehensile penis. Found out it couldn't hold his total body weight. Gravity kicked in after that.