View Poll Results: How do you feel about gay marriage?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be legal

    39 34.51%
  • It should not be legal

    17 15.04%
  • Undecided

    5 4.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 812

Thread: Gay marriage, yay!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    (This is a trainwreck thread.....and of course being the true gay death hag, I cannot look away!)

    I remember when this issue was brought up to divert the American voting public away from the war during the 2004 elections. I had an idea that was borne out of frustration & sarcasm.......totally useless except for entertainment value....much like me, come to think of it! My plan was that if gay couples are not allowed to marry that non-gay couples must be required to marry. Whether you're a college student or a widow/widower who has found love again later in years, that the bedroom police will come around & require that you marry or move on. Sounds kinda extreme doesn't it?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    How many of you lost a lover to AIDS and had NO RIGHTS or say about the funeral, what was to be done with the remains, insurance money, their belongings????

    Been there, done that, took care of him, and got a letter from his family's attorney forcing me not to EVER contact the family again just because he gave me something before he died and they wanted it!
    Sam, I'm sorry that you've had to endure this. While I've not been there as you have, I've seen too many friends die this way....and the surviving partners lives destroyed by "legal" next of kin in the aftermath.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX.
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    That is absolutely dispicable Sam. I feel for you and do know many people who have experience that very thing. Wrong...just plain wrong!
    Thanks...but unfortunately it's happened to thousand's of us. He died at the age of 51 on News Years Eve 1993/1994 and I was the one who had to tell them he was gay and died of AIDS.
    They treated me as if I was the one who turned him gay and it was all my fault! We only became lovers in 1989 and I'm still HIV- so go figure???

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    I, for one, have got my fingers crossed that someday that silly little piece of paper will be readily available to you and YOUR beloved, DJ.
    Thank you! It may take years before we can afford to make it legal....especially since it will quite likely require distant travel. But Joplin's description of the certificate will make it worth the wait.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    My personal opinion is that being gay or lesbian has nothing to do with morality, but is in the genes. No one, in their right mind, would choose a lifestyle that subjects them to a lifetime of cruelty, discrimination, slander, ridicule, or which condemns their souls to eternal damnation.

    For members of the clergy weighing in here (and I thank you for sharing your thoughts, truly I do,) I must ask: why is it acceptable for clergy to go into a prison to preach to murderers and rapists, apparently accepting those sins as "forgivable?" Is it perhaps because the sinners are incarcerated and can't go out to do anymore damage, thus making them worthy of the time and effort it takes to get them to "find God?"

    How can you justify "saving" a felon, despite his/her morally reprehensible acts against humanity, while holding the "sins" of gays/lesbians to the same standards as murderers? Gays and lesbians are being honest about what's in their hearts; most felons are not. They are con artists. There is no grace in a prison. Is it not also true that gay and lesbian members of the Christian faith accept and worship God just as fervently as do heterosexuals? Isn't it pretty obvious that vicious felons "find God" in prison because they think it makes them more eligible to get out sooner and because they have nothing better to do? So on the side of religion, I say there's an awful lot of hypocrisy in play here, without even getting into the sexual abuse scandals or crazy sects that condone bigamy and child rape "according to scripture."

    From a legal standpoint, in the United States, if there is a domestic dispute, the only recourse any couple has in a court of law is if they're married, and that's not always a bargaining chip with issues like health insurance or Power of Attorney matters. Even heterosexual couples don't reap the benefits of "marriage" when insurance companies hold all the power to deny coverage, and when situations like the Terry Schiavo debacle go to court. In a heterosexual union, the law says that the spouse has the final say as to what happens, but the courts are still batting that issue around like it's a tennis ball. Either the spouse has the final say or he/she doesn't. I don't see how you can have it both ways.

    It's a complicated debate, and anyone who bothered to read my entire post deserves a good stiff drink and a neck massage, but thanks for listening to my little and loud opinions.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,554
    None of this simple, is it. I stated my view based on my religious beliefs only. I come to this forum to have many discussions, and I know I am definitely in the minority. However, I am not feeble minded. I love everyone, and that includes the folks who think I am feeble minded and intolerant!
    In memory of a wonderful actor who left us way too soon - William Holden 1918-1981.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    lol ill take the nek massage n a couple stiff drinks lol great post mbalmer

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    I read (and clung) to your every word, Annie! The good stiff drink(s) have been served......neck massages would given.....but that might lead to illegal activities. LOL

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,694
    Well you can only give neck massages to the male members we wouldnt want to offend God or his enthusiastic cheerleaders with some woman on woman action!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    It's a complicated debate, and anyone who bothered to read my entire post deserves a good stiff drink and a neck massage, but thanks for listening to my little and loud opinions.
    I'll take a margarita on the rocks with extra salt.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Posts
    8,274
    Religion does not enter into the equation with me because, well let's just say I have opinions that are contrary to many folks beliefs. It would be easy to say it is not my dance therefore I do not care, but I do care because to me it is a matter of equal rights. As for morals, I have known a few gay men and women in my day and most of them were more "moral" than I, heck just better humans than I ever was or will be. So why the heck should they not get married.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    (This is a trainwreck thread.....and of course being the true gay death hag, I cannot look away!)

    I remember when this issue was brought up to divert the American voting public away from the war during the 2004 elections. I had an idea that was borne out of frustration & sarcasm.......totally useless except for entertainment value....much like me, come to think of it! My plan was that if gay couples are not allowed to marry that non-gay couples must be required to marry. Whether you're a college student or a widow/widower who has found love again later in years, that the bedroom police will come around & require that you marry or move on. Sounds kinda extreme doesn't it?
    I have always believed that the whole 2004 gay marriage debate was just to get the public's minds minds off the war in Iraq. Now here it is 2008, election year and what is going on? The war continues, gas is $4.00 a gallon in many places, many people are losing their homes and jobs, food prices have skyrocketed, etc.... Hopefully most people will look at those issues first. But then again...

    I remember when Virginia got into the "we need to ban gay marriage NOW" bandwagon back in 2006 and Virginia put that issue above all others that year including a budget shortfall and severe transportation issues. Talk about extreme !! The guy who managed to get the issue on ballot ( which passed BTW ), not only he wanted gay marriage banned but also civil unions and domestic partnerships as well. Anything that "looked like a marriage" he didn't like. Hell the same guy wanted and got various cities and counties around Virginia to even "define family" ( my town almost came close to banning same-sex roommates !!! Straight or gay !! ). And I remember they kept bringing the Bible into this. OK..then ban divorce, require businessess to be closed on Sundays ( day of rest ), ban seafood restuarants ( isn't the eating of shellfish a sin? ), ban straight couples from living together ( remember the phrase "living in sin" ? ). In other words if one uses the Bible as a reason to pass a law to ban gay marriage, then one has to look at the other sins that are in the Bible too. Then pass laws reguarding those things too. I don't recall reading in the Bible that there is a "point value" when it comes to sin.

    Now my opinion of this issue? Why not !!! I myself can't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed to get married.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by simon69 View Post
    I want You at my wedding!! You ROCK !!
    I'll be there with bells on, sweetheart! I love Pennsylvania....
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Just curious... everyone has a set of values that they live by for one reason or another... right? They use that set of values to make decisions to agree or disagree with everything they encounter... right? So, why would it be wrong to vote according to those beliefs no matter why you believe the way you do?

    Question... Several people have indicated that the sanctity of marriage is decayed and therefore it shouldn't matter if a gay couple would be permitted to get married. With that train of thought... why is it so important then for gay couples to marry if it's such a pitiful representation of love and/or family? The only reason that I can think of is to file taxes jointly. Am I missing something? I'm not saying that I agree or disagree it's just that this seems to be such a big issue, I'd like to see what people think about it.
    Because the Constitution does not legislate morality, that's why. Under the Constitution, people are supposed to be guaranteed equal rights under the law, regardless of color, creed, gender, and so forth. Not to mention, there's that separation of church and state thing that is meant to keep the church from running the country.

    I really don't give a shit what someone's religion says about gay marriage. The arguments against it are the same arguments, dressed up differently, against the repealing of miscegenation laws. It's all about "what can I come up with that the Bible says that I can twist into what I want it to say."

    If you want to vote your conscience, fine. If you want to vote your religion? And it interferes with the Constitutional rights of another group? To hell with you. And I don't mean you specifically, it's a general you.

    Can you tell that I really loathe the argument of, "my religion says it's bad and icky, so it's okay to make laws against it." No, it's NOT okay.
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by mel306 View Post
    PS I made it all the way to 36, staying single, because most of the younger people I know who got married young are miserable, my parents are miserable and everyone I know who is single or got married later, is happy!
    Heck, I'm 43 and still single - but that's because I haven't found the right one yet! I'm still kissing toads!

    I guess that's why maybe I could careless about the Gay marriage thing. I've never been about Gay politics anyway...borrrinnnggggg.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Religion is basically nonsense and mythology. Why should we let it infect our laws and government after all this is the year 2008 c.e. (not a.d.).
    Totally agree! The USA is still living in the dark ages because of religion.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,798
    VERY well said, MBalmR. I'll stick to plain Coke with a slice of lime.....and the neck rub, please!
    peek-a-boo!!

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,576
    okay.................... I believe that marriage should be for who ever wants it, whether you want to marry the same-sex or not. I was raised Catholic BUT in my life I have learned thay many things that our taught to us our WRONG ! I believe that everyone worships there own way, and I have my own personal god (does that make sense????). I think everyone just needs to learn to R-E-S-P-E-C-T each other as humans for what it's worth.

  19. #119
    Guest Guest
    I don't see the big deal. Love has no boundaries. I'm all for it.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    I don't mean to offend anyone but I honestly don't know,where it's legal for same sexes to marry,do you take your partners last name?

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    None of this simple, is it. I stated my view based on my religious beliefs only. I come to this forum to have many discussions, and I know I am definitely in the minority. However, I am not feeble minded. I love everyone, and that includes the folks who think I am feeble minded and intolerant!
    I absolutely applaud your beliefs, as they are based on what's good and right for all.......and I am also very VERY pleased that our discussion in this thread is civilized and cogent.

    My kudos and love to all my death hag friends for allowing all of us the honor of exploring all viewpoints in such a diplomatic way!!! You all rock!! This is a very wonderful place to talk, post, think, debate, ponder and pontificate!!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    Now I need to set up the bar and get my game on for the massages........no embalming tables involved, tempting though it may be to rattle a few bones.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    pontificate!!
    I am really enjoying your use of this word in your sentance. I think i will borrow it for today. I like to use big words every now and then so I can appear somewhat smarter than a door knob. Thanks.

    Yes great conversation I agreel. Its nice to see adults talk and not argue and fight.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    What's pontificate mean.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    i have no problem w/ gay marriage, love is love~ as long as it is consenting adults~

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,922
    Oh geez to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner Or to speak all pope like.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Just popped in to say that I applaud my fellow hags for discussing such an inflammatory topic in a mostly diplomatic way - *CHEERS* - you guys RAWK!
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Oh geez to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner Or to speak all pope like.
    LOL

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    LOL @ pope like. Splendid!

  30. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    5,061
    It just occurred to me that I didn't even bother to answer the question originally posed in this thread. I was too busy PONTIFICATING, LOL. I probably shouldn't have had that last cocktail for dinner last night. Anyway, I'm all for same-sex marriage. I fully support it.

  31. #131
    Guest Guest
    Nay. OK, Bill Maher audience members blast me away. I realize this a very left wing board from the top all the way down but that is just my opinion.

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CUMberland, Maryland
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    And I remember they kept bringing the Bible into this. OK..then ban divorce, require businessess to be closed on Sundays ( day of rest ), ban seafood restuarants ( isn't the eating of shellfish a sin? ), ban straight couples from living together ( remember the phrase "living in sin" ? ). In other words if one uses the Bible as a reason to pass a law to ban gay marriage, then one has to look at the other sins that are in the Bible too. Then pass laws reguarding those things too. I don't recall reading in the Bible that there is a "point value" when it comes to sin.
    Most people who are deeply religious would LOVE to see the day when Sundays meant everyone was off from work and stores were closed, only married couples lived together, aborton and porn would be outlawed and so forth. BUT..they know in this day and age they can't stop any of that no matter how hard they would try. They know they can't get Target and Wal-Mart to start closing on Sundays or stop Larry Flynt and Hugh Hefner from publishing Hustler and Playboy or prevent those two unmarried hetrosexual 24 year olds from living together and having sex. But with issues like gay marriage, since in many states there are quite a few laws on the books against homosexuality many of these people feel they have one last shot of mixing religion and politics. To them this is the last taboo and that is why many of these religious folks are so into the attempts of banning homosexuality.

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    I've had a night to sleep on this issue....right next to the man that I plan to spend the rest of my life with....whether it is legally legitimized or not. I thought of another gnawing little concept about those who oppose gay marriage, solely on their religious beliefs. (Remember...my religion says no to gay marriage....but I have my own mind & conscious to follow....rather than the rules of an organization led by men who don't know me.)
    Many who oppose gay marriage believe that ALL gay people are constantly having wild sex with multiple partners By withholding our civil right to marry, is that not sending a message that encourages us to continue to behave "immorally"?

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,798
    Layne...read what I wrote a little bit earlier in the thread about taking her name! Hopefully that answered your question. I believe it was on the first page.
    peek-a-boo!!

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Layne...read what I wrote a little bit earlier in the thread about taking her name! Hopefully that answered your question. I believe it was on the first page.
    I'm sorry,I thought I read everything.

  36. #136
    Guest Guest
    In a relationship it should be the couples choice as to how they have their relationship, not the state.

    I say Yay...love is love!

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    3,917
    I say yes. If 2 people are in love & they feel they want to spend the rest of their lives together, they should be able to marry regardless of their sex. They should be allowed to reap all the benefits as well as the downfalls that come with being a married couple.

    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
    Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee. The world loves you and will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    That is absolutely dispicable Sam. I feel for you and do know many people who have experience that very thing. Wrong...just plain wrong!
    It happens all the time. People get so damn greesy. When our friend Steve was dieing from AIDS, his parents came from Montanna , pulled the plug, had him cremated and never let anyone else know he had died. No Obit, no service it was like he didn't ever exist. He had left his partner a living will, a regular will and the courts wouldn't uphold it. They cleaned the bank account but called a trash compnay to come take evrything else. Aholes. I have seen it in straight marriages too where the parents treat the surviving spouse the same way. SOrry Sam, they are just greedy self serving people.

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    We cannot pray in school or at games. We cannot display the 10 commandments. Then why has religion have a say so on who gets married?? And that is exactly who is trying to make it not happen. Religious beliefs have no place in the making of our laws or the "fine tuning " of our constitution saying that marriage is only between male and female. I also do not believe for one minute that an "all forgiving God" wo "made all his children" would turn His or Her back on the children that he made.
    What all religions need to make up their minds about is God a vengeful diety that will scorn the children that he made and make them suffer for their sexual genes after all if God makes all his children then did He screw up and do this? Someone is in contol up there right? Or is He the God that made all of his chilren who is all loving and forgiving? He /She cannot be both. People should not be persecuted because they love someone. Gays love their partners too so why should they not have the right to say "until death do we part"? and be legally married and lead their lives as a married couple and be able to take the surname of their partner and inherrit and have their say in health care for their spouse? Nope religion cannot have their say in the laws of the country. They can say and do whatever they want in their churches and demand that their flock follow the rules that their God has given their church for them to follow. They just cannot dictate laws that govern the rest of the world.
    I feel Pastors, Ministers and Priests and the Pope need a better look at the world today and ask themselves if they really believe that God would discriminate against his own children.

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Under the Constitution, people are supposed to be guaranteed equal rights under the law, regardless of color, creed, gender, and so forth. Not to mention, there's that separation of church and state thing that is meant to keep the church from running the country.

    I really don't give a shit what someone's religion says about gay marriage. The arguments against it are the same arguments, dressed up differently, against the repealing of miscegenation laws. It's all about "what can I come up with that the Bible says that I can twist into what I want it to say."

    If you want to vote your conscience, fine. If you want to vote your religion? And it interferes with the Constitutional rights of another group? To hell with you. And I don't mean you specifically, it's a general you.

    Can you tell that I really loathe the argument of, "my religion says it's bad and icky, so it's okay to make laws against it." No, it's NOT okay.
    Ms. K you should totally be in elected office. Your comments are pointed and astute, and I for one truly appreciate them. Thank you for this post.

    p.s. need a campaign manager? I'm available...



  41. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    We cannot pray in school or at games. We cannot display the 10 commandments. Then why has religion have a say so on who gets married?? And that is exactly who is trying to make it not happen. Religious beliefs have no place in the making of our laws or the "fine tuning " of our constitution saying that marriage is only between male and female. I also do not believe for one minute that an "all forgiving God" wo "made all his children" would turn His or Her back on the children that he made.
    What all religions need to make up their minds about is God a vengeful diety that will scorn the children that he made and make them suffer for their sexual genes after all if God makes all his children then did He screw up and do this? Someone is in contol up there right? Or is He the God that made all of his chilren who is all loving and forgiving? He /She cannot be both. People should not be persecuted because they love someone. Gays love their partners too so why should they not have the right to say "until death do we part"? and be legally married and lead their lives as a married couple and be able to take the surname of their partner and inherrit and have their say in health care for their spouse? Nope religion cannot have their say in the laws of the country. They can say and do whatever they want in their churches and demand that their flock follow the rules that their God has given their church for them to follow. They just cannot dictate laws that govern the rest of the world.
    I feel Pastors, Ministers and Priests and the Pope need a better look at the world today and ask themselves if they really believe that God would discriminate against his own children.
    Very well said, Nov! Thanks for sharing your views.

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Ms. K you should totally be in elected office. Your comments are pointed and astute, and I for one truly appreciate them. Thank you for this post.

    p.s. need a campaign manager? I'm available...
    Don't sell yourself short, Jack.....she needs a running mate! You da man!

  43. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,220
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This might seem like a no-brainer, however...Up here, same sex marriage was legalized about three years ago and - despite that fact that the wheels did NOT fall off Canadian society - some arguments against it are still making the rounds.
    Here are two:

    1) My lesbian friend (yes, I'm a lesbo-hag) wants nothing to do with marriage. She argues that it is a heterosexual tradition, and because of the way gays and lesbians have been treated by "mainstream" society, they should reject as many straight traditions as possible.

    2) When a government extends a right to any group, it must also, legally, ensure access to that right. In other words, when gays and lesbians were given the right to marry, the federal government put itself in a position where it has to ensure that all churches agree to perform those marriages. Churches worried, before and after the legislation, that their clergy would be forced to perform marriages that are counter to their beliefs - or risk losing their tax-free status.

    Not saying I agree with either of those arguments, but they are out there...
    Well, I'm heterosexual and I agree with your friend. However, I am not homophobic. I do believe that if you have partner--same sex or not--they should enjoy the benefits of marriage, at least. What I'm saying is that if you live with someone as a couple for a certain amount of time you should be entitled to health insurance, etc.

    As far as gay marriage is concerned, my stand is, it's none of my business what other people do. I don't care about sexual orientation, race, religion, or how you part your hair, if you are decent to me, you rock in my book.
    Brandon Lee

    A link to the newspaper proper is at the end of each article on the following blog

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Ms. K you should totally be in elected office. Your comments are pointed and astute, and I for one truly appreciate them. Thank you for this post.

    p.s. need a campaign manager? I'm available...
    Thanks!

    Me running for public office will never, ever happen. Why? I would be asked a stupid question by some press idiot, and I do believe the resulting, "What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you not hear a single word I just said, or is the problem that your mother didn't have any children that lived?"

    I do believe that would likely spell the end of my political career!

    However, if you think you can work with that? Hey, we'll see what we can do!
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Madisonville, KY
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Don't sell yourself short, Jack.....she needs a running mate! You da man!
    Either a running mate or someone who would be willing to clap a hand over my mouth at the first sign of a, "you're not really that fucking stupid to ask me that question, right?" coming out of my mouth!
    Tact is for those who are bad at sarcasm.

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,922
    Ms k your words are brilliant. I couldnt have said it better myself, and I aint lying when I say that. I dont know what half the stuff you said meant but I know that it was really interesting and well written!

    You tell it girl!!

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,798
    I think I shared this back in October when our little family was just forming, but some time ago I worked with a fellow named Gary whose family was so homophobic (how homophobic were they!?), that they gave him a funeral after he came out and told them he was gay. Can you believe that? That is disgusting!
    peek-a-boo!!

  48. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,922
    They killed him because he was gay? Wha????
    Thats just awful. People can be sooo wrong. Kill someone for being gay i just dont understand that.

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    2,025
    BTW, how does the maid of honor or best man situation work in a gay marriage? Would there be two best men when dudes get married and like wise two maids of honor? Also, the plastic couple that goes on the wedding cake...do you have to buy two hetro sets and cut them in half and glue two plastic guys or gals together...or do they make plastic same sexed couples for wedding cakes? I think there needs to be consensus on these issues...and if your Jewish, who steps on the glass?
    Last edited by stinkythejokedog; 05-16-2008 at 05:25 PM.

  50. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    They killed him because he was gay? Wha????
    Thats just awful. People can be sooo wrong. Kill someone for being gay i just dont understand that.
    You know. They do that in Iran and Saudi Arabia. No joke.Parents will actually turn their teenaged children into the religious police knowing full well they will be publicly executed. I can post a vid if you want to see how awful it really is.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •